Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Rave – Biafine for skin healing!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
You can buy it from ebay! Laughing

http://cgi.ebay.com/BIAFINE--%22JUMBO-TUBE-186G%22-EXP11%2f2010-COMPARE-%26-SAVE-$$_W0QQitemZ280366232382QQcmdZViewItem
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
That's weird that you don't have to have a RX for it. Mine had to be called in by my derm.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Do you think this will work for facial skin abrasions? I had an accident on Monday and have some abbrasions on my face. Very thin patches where the skin was peeled off. Scabs peeled off yesterday while washing my face and applying bactroban....now skin is pink and still a little sensitive....how often would anyone recommend that I use the BiaFine...the box says a thick layer once per day....Do you rub it in or just apply a really thick layer and leave it? Did anyone cover the areas and use it during the night?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, our electricity was off most of the mornng and just came back on so I am late in replying.
I reapplied it several times a day and left it uncovered.
My derm even recommends it for a pimple to help heal the red marks once and to not over-dry it out.

5% products discount

Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:25 am      Reply with quote
This is by far the best skin repair item I have ever found. Several years ago I had fallen and had 3 stitches in my nose. The entire end of my nose was a scab and I had a convention in 4 days. A friend of mine was a wound ostomy nurse and she gave this to me.

In 4 days my scab was gone!!!! I only had the stitches. She said apply heavy and often and most actives are absorbed quickly.

I had never found a good source and I found Thompson Chemist online. It is the largest tube I had seen for only $44. I use for scrapes, bites, on kids - you name it.
PosyLee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a tube online and so far have been underwhelmed. It doesn't seem to do anything for me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Most of the ingredients in BIAFINE seem quite common so I googled the ones I am not familiar with and come up with this info from various sites:
trolamine/sodium alginateResults; No significant differences in wound-healing effects were found between the TAE and control groups. However, there seemed to be a trend towards enhanced healing with TAE, as measured by reductions in erythema, blistering, and crusting scores, compared with the control. Conclusions: The healing effects of TAE following QSRL tattoo removal appear to be at least equal to those of petrolatum; TAE may reduce erythema, crusting, and blistering more effectively. Further research with larger samples is recommended to expand on these preliminary findings.

Triethanolamine is used primarily as an emulsifier and surfactant. It also serves as a pH balancer in many different cosmetic products - ranging from cleansing creams and milks, skin lotions, eye gels, moisturizers, shampoos, shaving foams etc. TEA is a fairly strong base: a 1% solution has a pH of approximately 10, whereas the pH of skin is below pH 7. Cleansing milk/cream emulsions based on TEA are particularly good at removing makeup. Because of its high alkalinity and the possibility that it converts to nitrosamines, its use in cosmetics was once expected to diminish. It is still widely used as of 2009.

CETYL PALMITATE is the ester derived from palmitic acid and cetyl alcohol. It is the primary constituent of spermaceti, the wax found in the skull of sperm whales.
Stony corals, which build the coral reefs, evolved with large amounts of cetyl palmitate wax in their tissues. Most predators find this wax indigestible.

[b]
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:29 am      Reply with quote
As a daily cream it would not be remarkable. Its in its use for wound healing, after laser treatments, etc. that you see what it can do. I only use it that case, but not every day or as a lotion or moisturizer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I agree AnniR. Sounds like it would be a good skin healing treatment.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:49 am      Reply with quote
My dermatologist also recommends it on blemishes as well, for post-healing discoloration and flakiness.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
i recently applied too much benzaclin on my face and it burned my skin, it's gotten alot better it doesn't sting anymore . but it's still reddish/brown , can someone at the medicentre prescribe this for me? or do i need to go to my doctor.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Would think you would need a prescription, but you might find it on ebay. I need to get more myself.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:13 am      Reply with quote
The active ingredient in Biafine is Trolamine. It's plant-based and sold OTC in France. Biafine ACT is the lower strength version. Biafine.us sells both rather cheap and they ship worldwide for free w tracking. There's a money-back guarantee for delivery. Hope that helps!
ErinA73

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Free shipping as well. Great find!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Wonderful! I still get samples every time I go to my med spa or derm. They all use it after procedures and for healing spots once they are in the next phase. Thanks fo passing it on!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Wonderful! I love that they quoted my EDS post! I still get samples every time I go to my med spa or derm and use it almost daily somewhere or another. They all use it after procedures and for healing spots once they are in the next phase. Thanks for passing it on!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like a great product.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Wish I had some now after my laser procedure!

5% products discount

Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:23 am      Reply with quote
It is the best skin healing product. I get mine over the counter from a pharmacy on the east coast direct from France. Cheaper that way.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |