Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

obagi's new eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I recently ordered Obagi's new eye cream and have been using it for a little over 2 weeks. I saw results in only 3 days. It has reduced my look of fine wrinkle above and below my eyes. I am very pleased. I have been using Obagi's whole line for about 3 years and love it. The old eye cream seemed fine until I tried the new one. I have even less lines than I had with the new cream than with the old cream. The new cream spreads well and is very light. I have recently (about 4 days) have been using it on my laugh lines and have seen some improvement there also. Before I started Obagi I had many lines on my entire face. This was mainly from cancer treatment and the effects it has on the skin. I currently look years younger than I did 3 years ago. 3 years ago most people thought I was well into my 50's. I was only 52. At this time most people think I am in my late 40's. I have had a hard time convincing people that I have children 37 and 38, they think I started at 15. Has anyone else tried the new cream and do you like it?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, I am very interested in this cream. Can you tell us exactly what it is called? Like, how do we know which is the "new" eye cream. Does EDS carry it? Thanks for posting.
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
It is Elastiderm eye night cream and yes I got it through EDS. It says it is new when you go to the Obagi location on the EDS site. I use it night and day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I am happy to read that you found an eye cream that help smooth out all the bad experiences you had recently.
These are the thread that I enjoy reading and what makes me so attracted to skincare. Smile
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Do you know if it helps for puffy looking eyelids? I'm 35 and don't have any wrinkles, but I do have eyelids that are sort of puffy that I am looking for a cream to firm them up.
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
My eyelids were saggy. Not really bad but they would really sag on days I did not sleep well. It has helped a lot!! At work the other day I said that I had not slept well and my boss said "I can usually tell from your eyes but they look fine today, not droopy at all". That made me very happy. Skin care Products seem to be getting better and better.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I like this one too. I have been using it for about a month at night, and my lines are really going away. I use this on my lid also and it does not make my eye puffy at all. I am anxious to see how my eyes will look in another month.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Do you know if it helps for puffy looking eyelids? I'm 35 and don't have any wrinkles, but I do have eyelids that are sort of puffy that I am looking for a cream to firm them up.

I found that Cellcosmet gel-xt help my eyelids and don't dring water before you go to bed. I found with the combination of the two, that helped a lot.

I cannot answer if Obagi can cream can help with puffiness.
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I love obagi products. My 14yold uses it.

I might check this out. thanks.
amber23
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:20 am      Reply with quote
Can the cream be used on the eyelids before applying eyeshadow. I know Obagi do a day gel formula but I'm not too keen on gels.
vklugman

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
does anyone know of an eye creme that reduces the appearance of dark circles? i have always had dark circles and have recently been told that it is genetic. my mom is moroccan and we both have darker skin. i've tried a neutrogena cream before but it didn't do anything. even when i have plenty of sleep, the circles are still there.

help!

Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I have used the night cream for 4 weeks and like you, noticed results within days. The skin under my eyes seems less shallow and firmer. The lines are less noticeable. I don't know how it works, but I love it. Acne wizard is running a special on both the night cream and the eye gel ($148.00). I've never tried the eye gel(for AM use), has anyone out there tried it?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Terrific, Can you use the Obagi eye cream without the entire line of skincare products? Do you have to only get it from the Obagi rep?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Hello Terrific, Can you use the Obagi eye cream without the entire line of skincare products? Do you have to only get it from the Obagi rep?

bkkgirl - I don't know why you couldn't use this on it's own and no, you don't need a rep. You only need EDS!

terrific/cookie - any updates?
saladgirl
5% products discount

Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the eyecream for about 2 weeks...thanks to Terrific's recommendation. I really like it. It is very moisturizing and has great spreadability (not sure if that's the right word!).
I noticed right away that it softened the fine lines under my eyes. I use the soy lift on my lids so haven't tried it there yet, but I have been using it as an overall moisturizer on the rest of my face. The container holds just a small amount of product, but I can tell it will last quite a while if I'm careful.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
saladgirl wrote:
I've been using the eyecream for about 2 weeks...thanks to Terrific's recommendation. I really like it. It is very moisturizing and has great spreadability (not sure if that's the right word!).
I noticed right away that it softened the fine lines under my eyes. I use the soy lift on my lids so haven't tried it there yet, but I have been using it as an overall moisturizer on the rest of my face. The container holds just a small amount of product, but I can tell it will last quite a while if I'm careful.

It sounds like it is a better priced version of Cellcosmet. This is good news if you don't want to spend as much money.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
saladgirl - I'm glad to hear you are also using the soy-lift as I have that as well. Once you've used the Obagi on your upper lids, would you let me know how it compares? It would be really great if you applied soy-lift to one and obagi to the other for a good comparison, but any comparison would be useful. I don't really have wrinkles around my eyes, but the lids have drooped significantly over the last few years. I'm only 30 and already feel like I need a permanent lift procedure. Confused I was wondering if the obagi would be useful for this, or if I'm just wishful thinking as usual. Rolling Eyes
saladgirl
5% products discount

Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
My lids have become pretty droopy over the past few years...a combination of prolonged gravity (55 this year) and a bad botox experience which caused permanent paralysis of some of the small muscles around my eyes.

Within a few days of the botox, my entire brow dropped..what a horror! I was so grateful when after three months or so I could move my eyebrows again..but now three years later.. I can not widen my eyes and there is some asymmetry of my brows. I believe the doctor used too much of the botox and used poor technique with the injections. Oh well. I learned my lesson..sort of. I'm now playing around with the idea of having my upper lids fixed this summer. At this point, I think it is the only thing which will give me a significant change.

I will start with the obagi on my lids, and I'll let you know the results. I do think the soy lift has had some effect, but I need a miracle!!
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
it seems there's two kinds of obagi, one make in japan, and one in usa. and it's different product. which one better?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:39 am      Reply with quote
Terrific

Does the Obagi eye cream help with under eye bags?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Ninetynine - Here is a good link with some info on this. I think I remember one person saying it had helped with their eyebags, but I don't recall for sure. It appears to primarily target wrinkles/sagging but I know that others say it doesn't contribute to puffiness like some eye creams do.

http://www.obagi.com/article/forpatients/obagielastiderm/elastiderm.html
usaf wife

Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
Terrific

Ninetynine-
I've been using both the night cream (about a month)and the day gel (1 week). I have not seen any change in the bags under my eyes, but have noticed it really helps with the wrinkles/sagging. If you want to put the day gel on your eyelids... beware, your powder will flake. I tried using a Q-Tip to even the gel out. The powder still flaked. I just use it under my eyes for the day.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:36 am      Reply with quote
quote="TAMgirl99"]Ninetynine - Here is a good link with some info on this. I think I remember one person saying it had helped with their eyebags, but I don't recall for sure. It appears to primarily target wrinkles/sagging but I know that others say it doesn't contribute to puffiness like some eye creams do.

http://www.obagi.com/article/forpatients/obagielastiderm/elastiderm.html[/quote]

Thanks Tamgirl99. The website does not mention anything about eye bags but the results look promising.

usaf wife wrote:
Ninetynine wrote:
Terrific

Ninetynine-
I've been using both the night cream (about a month)and the day gel (1 week). I have not seen any change in the bags under my eyes, but have noticed it really helps with the wrinkles/sagging. If you want to put the day gel on your eyelids... beware, your powder will flake. I tried using a Q-Tip to even the gel out. The powder still flaked. I just use it under my eyes for the day.

Usaf wife, is the sagging for the upper eyelids? What day gel are you using? Is the eye cream suitable for day wear?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:57 am      Reply with quote
What is/are the active ingredients in it??
Different from other eye creams?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |