Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Please Help Me Find a Good Antiaging Line for my Mom!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RubyWong
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies. My mom looks like she has aged a lot within the last couple of years. She is only 48, but looks much older. I feel so bad. Sad I want to get my mom some good anti aging products. I was wondering what is the best eye cream for wrinkle reduction? Wrinkles around her eyes is her major concern. Also, what is a good serum and night cream for wrinkle reduction for normal to dry skin type. Thanks for your help.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I have used Creme de la Mer for wrinkle reduction with great success. I use the regular creme as my eye cream, it works better than the La Mer Eye Balm.
Sisleya Eye Cream has very good reviews; I have used it with success.
Remergent DNA Repair Formula is recommended for sun damage by my dermatologist and is sold on this site.
IS Clinical is very poular on this site, but, I can't use it on my very sensitive skin type.
Retinoids are scientifically proven to help wrinkles.
Of course, it really depends on your Mom's skin type. I have rosacea and very sensitive skin and am not able to use anti-aging products.
May I make a recommendation?

Leslie Baumann has a book "The Skin Type Solution"; there is a quiz to determine skin type. Then she recommends products in all price ranges for each skin type, as well as skin care guidelines based on the skin type.

I think it is wonderfully nice that you are so concerned about your Mom Exclamation
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
You can try Dr:Ci.Labo Eye Gel.
http://www.cilabousa.com/en/product_antiage.asp#eyegel

I have some friends who are in their mid 40s raving about it!
Mabsy

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:25 am      Reply with quote
AHA products can to some extent lessen the depth of wrinkles. You could try the MD Formulations Vit-A-Plus eye cream. Personally I find it drying but quite a few people have said here that they like it and get good results. Also, for any lines that are frown lines rather than little wrinkles, I really recommend something with argireline. My mum uses Alphaderma and it's made a very big difference.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
My mom just used up a set of Valmont's "INTENSIVE CHRONO CELLULAR TREATMENT (ICCT)". Miracle does happen on her, her wrinkles get less visible and skin becomes much more firmer. But...... it is very pricy, I'm very much hestitate to buy her another set..... Shock
RubyWong
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your suggestions. I looked at the Valmont ICCT and was like "OMG" -- $500+. I wish I could afford that for my mom, but not at the moment.

I will look into all the suggestions that you ladies made.

Thanks. I am open up for more suggestions. =) Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
First question is how much do you want to spend? Then what type of skin does your mom have? Then consider doing the best you can with as few products as possible. I put a friend onto the Decleor Angelique line. She has tried some fancy C serums and found that she didn't like the irritation. She has always found her way back to the Decleor.
lindia99
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
For expensive products, I would recommend Natura Bisse Diamond extreme cream. when I shopped neimanmarcus, I met a lady customer from Natura Bisse counter who used this product for long. She told me she is over 50 years old. But my friend and I cannot believe our eyes because she looks like 35-40.

Or Valmont is good too, otherwise there won’t many people highly recommend this line. Valmont is my next target.

For less expensive ones, you can try SkinMedica TNS Recovery Complex

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:05 am      Reply with quote
The second best product for skin is Retin-A. You can use it very lightley around the eye area. Because your mom has dry skin, she would probably do well with the cream form. The expense of retin-a depends a lot on what country you live in.

The best product is a good sun block and you must use one every day if you use Retin-A. Actually, she should use it every day if she does not want to get worse than she is and should use it with other anti-ageing products.

Any product that has AHA in it would be good for her. AlphaHydrox is a good line found in drug stores.

It's next to impossible to ans. open ended questions like this because there are so many veriables Rolling Eyes ie: brands that work for me may not work for you.
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
lindia99 wrote:
For expensive products, I would recommend Natura Bisse Diamond extreme cream. when I shopped neimanmarcus, I met a lady customer from Natura Bisse counter who used this product for long. She told me she is over 50 years old. But my friend and I cannot believe our eyes because she looks like 35-40.

Or Valmont is good too, otherwise there won’t many people highly recommend this line. Valmont is my next target.

For less expensive ones, you can try SkinMedica TNS Recovery Complex

I am very interested in TNS. My mam is 49 but looks really young, like in 30s. She has dry, sensitive skin and now is using Guerlain products. However, this year I noticed that her skin looked aging faster, and so I'm thinking to get her some much effective products.
But there's a question, she had never tried drugstore products, just sticked to regular brands, would things like TNS be too much for her? Should I buy something much milder for her at first? Rolling Eyes
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I heard the valmont's products do good to antiage!
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have got my mother decleor products-
prolagen gel
eye serum
iris oil
decleor masks - vitaroma, hydra floral, peel-off masque, arome purete.
body oil (slimming/toning)
body gel

She always got compliments that she looked like my sister however after we have started using decleor, both of us get innumerous compliments on our skin. touch wood.

so, I cannot recommend Decleor enough.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
If you are on a limited budget, look into the
Alpha Hydroxy line available at drugstores. Look at reviews on MakeupAlley for other drugstore lines/products that fit within your budget. Without knowing her skin type or particular issue, I think a good retinol or aha is a must. Sun protection is probably the most critical for anyone. A night time cream that addresses her specific skin type is essential. Finally, there is water, a healthy diet and exercise.

If money is no object, you have many, many options.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Couple of suggestions:

EDS has an anti aging kit from MD Formulations that has 7 pieces (cleanser, serum, eye, etc.) that is a good deal for $52 (listed under "Gifts")and I like the antiox. serum alot.

If you are near a CVS (or can order on-line), Lumene and Skin Effects by Dr. Dover both have good products that I have used and reasonable prices.

From QVC, Dr. Denese has kits, I like the Hydroshield serum.

5% products discount

Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
My mum has used Dr Lewinn's for years and her skin looks beautiful for her age (early 50's). It seems to suit more mature, dry skins - even the day cream was way too heavy for me to use. She mainly uses the day cream moisturiser but they have eye creams and wrinkle serums as well.
skodalady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
If you are near the EDS, you could treat you mom to a facial and the folks at EDS could help her with products. I like Decleor or Caudalie (a line which I just discovered). If you are near a Sephora, you can go there and test some products and get samples. I find that having a sample really helps you get a better idea of how the product will work with your skin. I receieved a sample of the Vinosource Anti-wrinkle nourishing cream, and I absolutely love it. It sinks right in and leaves my face moisturized all day, without any greasy feeling. The Vinosource Riche is heavier. Also, vitamin C products are very good. Click on Cellex C and they show a picture of a guy with Cellex C on one side of his face. You could always call EDS for some suggestions. Good luck.
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Yepp, Valmont is really good though it is kind of expensive. Actually I am thinking of buying my mom some skincare, but she has sensitive skins.
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
go for Valmont.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |