Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I'm so angry someone took my PACKAGE!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
watch around your complex for the lady carrying your bag, you'd be amazed how stupid some are!
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't it illegal to take someone else's mail even if it is placed in their mailbox? You might mention that on your note to other tenants to "please return your package". Perhaps it would scare the person who took it. But prob not.

I've been there, ParisTroika. I ordered a book once and it never showed up. The company sent me another that didn't show up... now the original company won't respond to my emails nor will Abesbooks.com. I've had the worst luck with magazines and books in the last year.... Sad

Anyway, I hope your package shows up! Good thing the company you are dealing with is working with you on this one!

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:

Meanwhile...I'm keeping my eye out for any neighbor that suddenly has a bag that I recognize

If you don't get it back, do remember to check ebay for it.. the person might not be dumb enough to carry it around, but what would their other option be? Sell it on ebay. For my own curiosity if I never got it, I'd be checking ebay regularly (as someone else pointed out).
What a great company not to give you any grief about this. Can I ask what kind of bag this is? I have images of that stupid patchwork bag stuck in my head today.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't that unreal??? I mean, they were sooo nice and told me just to call and they can file it as lost.

they ROCK!

I'm still mifted that someone has my bag...but now I might be able to get it anyway!!!

ETA: It was just a Harajuku Lovers bag for carrying stuff around everyday...nothing super duper expensive.
I bought it as a handbag to carry to class...my messenger bag is getting way too stuffed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I'm. So. Creeped. Out.

I don't have to worry about any neighbor carrying my bag. It showed up over night...in front of my door.

The box was squished...and opened. They opened it.
They didn't open the plastic covering that the bag came in, and it appears that all the usual paperwork is present (invoice -luckily they don't print the credit card number on it), return label, delivery confirmation ticket, and return envelope.

So someone got it Monday. Opened it and stared at it Tuesday and returned it sometime between midnight (when my husband got home) and this morning around 8am Wednesday.

I'm totally weirded out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Maybe they decided it wasn't worth stealing? Rolling Eyes
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
world~of~mirth wrote:
Maybe they decided it wasn't worth stealing? Rolling Eyes
Laughing Laughing

Probably decided it was too distinctive and they'd get caught!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:28 am      Reply with quote
My first thought "they didn't like it" haha Laughing
but then I was puzzled because they could just sell it or something.

I don't know. Maybe they were merely just curious.

Either way, it's a little unnerving. I don't know why.
Anxious

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
My first thought "they didn't like it" haha Laughing
but then I was puzzled because they could just sell it or something.

I don't know. Maybe they were merely just curious.

Either way, it's a little unnerving. I don't know why.
Anxious

Well you feel a bit violated and thats normal, I once opened a package (without looking at name on label) thinking it was mine. Saw it def wasn't and was truely embarassed that I had opened their mail.....so I humbly brought said back and profusely apologized...so maybe, it was an accident.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I'm. So. Creeped. Out.

I don't have to worry about any neighbor carrying my bag. It showed up over night...in front of my door.

The box was squished...and opened. They opened it.
They didn't open the plastic covering that the bag came in, and it appears that all the usual paperwork is present (invoice -luckily they don't print the credit card number on it), return label, delivery confirmation ticket, and return envelope.

So someone got it Monday. Opened it and stared at it Tuesday and returned it sometime between midnight (when my husband got home) and this morning around 8am Wednesday.

I'm totally weirded out.

That is totally creepy! The dude didn't even say sorry! Wonder who it was? Someone delivered a package to us.. but it wasn't for us, so we returned it to the address on the box. We didn't even open the package. How rude of that person to open your box, but atleast you got it back and the plastic wrapped isn't removed!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I think it was just a mistake on the other tenant's part. If s/he is like me or my bf, we don't open packages right away. This is esp true for my bf. It could be left unopened for 2 weeks! I had to open a box for him once since I went to his place 3 weeks in a row and the box was still not opened. I also opened a package thinking it was mine since I ordered stuff online lots of times, and when I saw the content, I realized it wasn't mine and then I checked the label after that.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
True...probably a mistake...they held onto it for awhile though. Probably trying to figure out the best way to give it back undetected!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
A neighbor, a couple of months ago, ‘accidentally’ got a package of mine. I want to say his son ‘accidentally’ opened the package…. He made his son tell me and apologize… which at the time I thought wasn’t a big deal…

I’m glad I have such good neighbors.

I’m sorry you had to go through such a creepy episode, but think of the upside…

you got it back.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi ParisTroika,

I'm glad that the company is talking about a replacement. It's the "honourable" thing to do.

I ship my Silken Pearl products by mail ... and one of my customers didn't receive her parcel a couple of weeks ago. We waited the longest possible time for it to arrive ... and then I just sent her out a replacement shipment. After all, while it wasn't my fault that the parcel got "lost in the mail" ... it certainly wasn't her fault that she never received the parcel she had paid for.

She has since received the second parcel ... but never had received the first one. Confused

I think even small businesses have to accept this sort of thing as a "cost of doing business" ...

Glad that you were dealing with a responsible company!

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:50 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
GOOD NEWS...I hope...

I heard back and they said I had to wait a week to a)see if it shows b) declare it as "lost."

After a week I need to call back and talk to them about sending a replacement.

Wow...replacement!!!
Very Happy

They are an AWESOME company!!!!
I'm keeping my emails so I can keep a record of my correspondence with them...so they know I contacted them right away about it and didn't wait.

Crossing my fingers...but I think this is good so far.
Meanwhile...I'm keeping my eye out for any neighbor that suddenly has a bag that I recognize

That's great news that they are willing to discuss a replacement for you! I always love hearing about companies with great customer service...would you mind sharing their name or website?

Mary Very Happy

**Edited to add** - D'oh! I just noticed you posted that you got it back! I agree the scenario under which it was returned was creepy...but at least you got it back, and you found out what great customer service this company was willing to offer!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
hpjrt wrote:
I ship my Silken Pearl products by mail ... and one of my customers didn't receive her parcel a couple of weeks ago. We waited the longest possible time for it to arrive ... and then I just sent her out a replacement shipment. After all, while it wasn't my fault that the parcel got "lost in the mail" ... it certainly wasn't her fault that she never received the parcel she had paid for.

She has since received the second parcel ... but never had received the first one. Confused

I think even small businesses have to accept this sort of thing as a "cost of doing business" ...

Mary

Mary, I'm beginning to think this happens quite frequently. Back in November, I ordered some stuff from Candy. We waited and waited and the package didn't arrive. Candy was wonderful and sent me replacements. The second package arrived very quickly. Here it is March (4 months later) and that first package never did make it here. Every once in awhile I wonder where it ended up and whether the person who got it enjoyed it.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Ari and Mary, if the post office that you or your customers have to deal with is anything like mine, then no surprise. My post office messes up mail constantly giving me mail from other houses, and I'm sure other houses get mine as often I get mail delivered to me by my neighbors! I called and told the supervisor about that. But not much improvement.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |