Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which sunblock is the best you had ever used?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Summer is coming!
Which sunscreen is the best for you?
please tell you skintype! Very Happy
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I used La Roche Posay - Anthelios L SPF 45 last summer when I was travelling in Asia for 4 weeks. After I return home, my co-workers are surprised to see that I had no tan at all. This sunscreen does feel a bit greasy when applied but I guess it suits my dry skin well.
VoltesV
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Clarins UV Plus SPF 40.
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is normal. Jan Marini is the best sunscreen out there. Not only medicated ingredients, but silky on the skin. Penetrates immediately.

P.S. Sunscreen should be used all year long to protect the skin, not just in the summer.
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I always choose La Roche-Posay Anthelios products. I prefer SPF 30 spray and 45 lait. They are perfect for my combination skin, for their are not oily.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry skin. I have been thinking my skin is sensitive, but well, I am not prone to breakouts so not sure if it qualifies for being sensitive or not.

I am trying Bioderma Photoderm MAX Tinted Cream SPF 50+/PPD 35. I don't really like it as it usually ends up balling up on my face. Luckily I just bought a sample size, so I am not stuck with a huge tube to finish.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
I love my Sofina Nuance up. It dries to a matte finish & gives a slight glow. Also works great as a base for foundation.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:41 am      Reply with quote
I would love to see posts about "which is the best *physical* sunscreen you have ever used". For those of us who need to see zinc oxide and titanium dioxide as the active ingredients, with no chemical filters. Do you think I should start another thread?
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:49 am      Reply with quote
I like Anthelios Dermos Pediatric - The best sunscreens have Mexoryl in it, which isn't available in the US yet (?) It will protect you from UVA which most sunscreens won't. I buy online from Westcoastskin, but the pkg arrived directed from Switzerland!
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:03 am      Reply with quote
I have combination skin and the best sunscreen I've found is Sunkiller Clearwater.
lorisu
5% products discount

Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:17 am      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
I would love to see posts about "which is the best *physical* sunscreen you have ever used". For those of us who need to see zinc oxide and titanium dioxide as the active ingredients, with no chemical filters. Do you think I should start another thread?

Yes please Very Happy

I'm still looking for a good physical sunscreen without all the nasties that won't break me out. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:16 am      Reply with quote
SandraG wrote:
My skin is normal. Jan Marini is the best sunscreen out there. Not only medicated ingredients, but silky on the skin. Penetrates immediately.

P.S. Sunscreen should be used all year long to protect the skin, not just in the summer.
Embarassed
Thanks for you advice! I always forget taking sunblock in winter! I will correct that!
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:18 am      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:

Good point!but I don't know how to edit my title! Who can tell me how can I do?
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
DDF's moisturizing one Laughing Laughing
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
I agree. I really wanna see the best physical sunscreen thread. I've used Sunkiller, Anessa, La Roche Posay, The Organic Pharmacy, Clinique and possibly a few other brands. In terms of protection, I like LRP and Anessa, but in terms of ingredients I like OP the best.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
I agree. I really wanna see the best physical sunscreen thread. I've used Sunkiller, Anessa, La Roche Posay, The Organic Pharmacy, Clinique and possibly a few other brands. In terms of protection, I like LRP and Anessa, but in terms of ingredients I like OP the best.

AG, there's such a thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22025

Have been wondering about SS which contains silicones....wouldn't that be bad for your skin? I'm still trying to recover from using Pantene which got tons of silicones that created such a mess on my hair. So I'm wondering if cones wouldn't create the same kinda mess for your skin.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:

AG, there's such a thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22025

Have been wondering about SS which contains silicones....wouldn't that be bad for your skin? I'm still trying to recover from using Pantene which got tons of silicones that created such a mess on my hair. So I'm wondering if cones wouldn't create the same kinda mess for your skin.

Honestly, I don't know much about silicones at all. All I know is a lot of people on the forum avoid using it on their skin as it clogs their pores. I've never seemed to have the problem. Maybe I should start avoiding it. Can you tell me what sunscreens contain sicilones? TIA!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:

Honestly, I don't know much about silicones at all. All I know is a lot of people on the forum avoid using it on their skin as it clogs their pores. I've never seemed to have the problem. Maybe I should start avoiding it. Can you tell me what sunscreens contain sicilones? TIA!

AG, when I looked in to the ingredients of Sunkiller and Sofina Nuance, both got cones in them. So I refrained from purchasing them. I don't really know what effect the cones will have on your skin other than clogging your pores. But even that, it doesn't sound like a good thing. So my search goes on... Very Happy
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:

AG, when I looked in to the ingredients of Sunkiller and Sofina Nuance, both got cones in them. So I refrained from purchasing them. I don't really know what effect the cones will have on your skin other than clogging your pores. But even that, it doesn't sound like a good thing. So my search goes on... Very Happy

I had no idea that Sunkiller and Sofina contain cones! I'm now using Avene and The Organic Pharmacy and I love them both. But as I said, I don't really have problems with clogged pores. If you have dry skin, I'd highly recommend OP sunscreen.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:57 am      Reply with quote
For me its Avene Smile
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:53 am      Reply with quote
Ive never had a problem with silicones in products. There's worse things you can put on your face Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Devita Solar Protection Cream SPF 30 - it is all natural, zinc based, feather light in texture and makes your skin look great.
littlescooby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:32 am      Reply with quote
My absolutely favorite sunscreen is Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry touch Sunblock SPF 30. It absorbs into the skin incredibly well and leaves a lovely velvet finish to the skin - a perfect base for my make up (which thanks to this sunscreen stays put pretty much all day) My skin type is combination. Smile
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:14 am      Reply with quote
P20. Just apply it in the morning after a shower and it lasts all day, no need to reapply, even after swimming.
amita
5% products discount

Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
I like Epicuren Zinc Oxide sunblock -- it is all natural - here are the ingredients:

Aloe vera, deionized water, micronized zinc oxide, glycerin, beeswax, ascorbyl vitamin C palmitate, Epicuren enzyme concentrate, rose otto rose oil, tocopheryl vitamin E acetate, retinyl vitamin A palmitate, ergocalciferol (vitamin D), xanthan gum, magnesium silicate, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Rosemary Extract, Cinnamon Extract, Bearberry Extract.

Active ingredient: 19% zinc oxide. (The ZnO is micronized.)

However, I don't worry that much about sun protection :-P I probably should. I'm East Indian background, with tan skin - I never burn, and combination skin.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |