Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Candida Recovery - here goes!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
Hi scally and tamgirl,

In regard to the Threelac system, are you also using the Oxygen Elements (aka Hydroxygen Plus)?

Yes, I was. I'm almost out so I'm using it sparingly now. However, I won't be repurchasing. I'm sure it's good for you but I didn't notice any effect specific to this product. HTH!
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
amnis wrote:
I wear a nightguard now that I wish my original retainer would have been like. It sort of clicks onto my teeth. I can still talk okay with it in but I still sort of sound like I have a bit of a lisp and it has a minimal monkey mouth effect Laughing... it actually makes my lips plump out a little bit- oh la la ! heehee Smile. It has made such a difference in my jaw aches and headaches. The most important thing is that is has stopped my gums from receding (teeth grinding can do that).

amnis - Do you wear a regular nightguard or the NTI device (front teeth only)? I think I'll be stuck wearing the NTI device for the rest of my life since I have major TMJ problems and this has been the only thing that has helped. The problem is, I look like a rabbit or something because it's on the front teeth only and sticks out quite a bit. Embarassed

Scally - I don't know if you grind/clench your teeth at night, but if so be prepared to go through your plastic retainer pretty quick. I've completely chewed off the back half of mine. Of course my NTI device now acts as my retainer so I don't have to worry about it anymore. So when do you get them off? It's soon right? Very Happy

Okay so I had a total panic attack this weekend. On Saturday around 5pm I got to my bf's house and realized I had left ALL of my supplements at home Shock . I wasn't going back home until late Sunday night so I had to spend a full 24 hours without anything. The only thing I noticed were AWFUL headaches Saturday night and Sunday. I think that may be related to the missed MSM since someone else posted about that experience here. Oh well, I'm back on track now so hopefully I didn't take a step too far back with my missed day.

Scally - Sorry to hear about your new development. Boric acid caps at night have been my savior for that, so you might want to give it a whirl.

By the way, where does everyone get your GSE?

Tamgirl- I just realized when I was reviewing the posts that I never answered your question....

My nightguard isn't an NTI device. It's about 1/4 inch thick and kinds of "snaps" onto my upper teeth (it covers about half of the sides of my teeth). It's made of some kind of hard plastic (that gives a little little bit when pressure is applied). My dentist took a mold of my teeth and then sent it in so it is made specifically for my teeth. Even though you might look lit a rabbit, look on the bright side- your device helps, right? Are you used to it? I'm totally used to mine and even feel strange if I crawl into bed without it (and I will of course get up and go put it in).

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Question about OoO-

How long should one use it? I've been trying to find info on it but cannot. Is it like taking an antibiotic (10-20 days)? Or do you stop using it a few days after symptoms clear? I'm confused about this. OR is it something that one takes chronically b/c your body cannot build a tolerance to it?

I ordered my OoO from BioAlt and it arrived a couple of days ago. Oh my, does it smell potent! (I haven't tried it yet... will do that today). I chose the grape seed oil base thinking perhaps it might lessen the awful taste. (Fingers crossed).

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 2:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Amnis! Taking OoO really depends on what your health issues are. I am taking OoO in higher doses right now in order to aggressively target my candida problems. My plan is to stick with OoO in varying doses for 3 months then stop or switch to something else. I am also taking black cumin seed oil right now which is another product that kills bacteria/fungi. I may just continue with this and add garlic oil supplements once I stop the OoO after 90 days to see what happens. It is important to switch things up as your body can or will develop certain tolerance levels against any anti-bacterial/fungi over time, including OoO.

To reduce the intensity of the flavor, place 2-4 drops of OoO under your tongue and hold it there for at least 1-2 minutes if possible. You will notice a huge difference in taste and the oil will not burn or sting your mouth. HTH's....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass - Are you sure it isn't an NTI devide? What you described sounds just like it to me! Here are some pics:

ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi TAMgirl! I believe your post about the NTI divice is for Amnis, yes?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
Hi TAMgirl! I believe your post about the NTI divice is for Amnis, yes?

So sorry! I got in a hurry and must have had you on the brain since you were the last one to post before I did. Yes, Amnis, this was meant for you! Very Happy
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tamgirl,

No, mine isn't like your Bucky Beaver device (jk!! Laughing). Although it appears that it might be the same material. Mine goes onto ALL of my top teeth (giving me monkey mouth and quite a lisp).

Here's a picture that mine is very similar to:

ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Another good candida tip, which may well be pointed out in this thread somewhere, is to use an acidophilus pill as a vaginal suppository. Kinda creepy, but it gets the job done!
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Another good candida tip, which may well be pointed out in this thread somewhere, is to use an acidophilus pill as a vaginal suppository. Kinda creepy, but it gets the job done!

Thanks, ginnielizz! I'm not certain myself if this was discussed (though we did talk about the positive effects of using an actual acidophilus suppository). To expand upon this subject, I have also read that you can open an acidophilus capsule and add it to 2 cups of water to create a probiotic douche. BTW, if anyone decides to use an acidophilus capsule as a suppository to treat a yeast infection, you can use them twice daily for 1 to 2 weeks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Great thread! Does anyone know if there is a source for black cumin seed oil in Canada? I am trying to avoid ordering from the states....
thanks
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I've been taking Bioalt's OoO for about 2 weeks now (it's STRONG). I don't know if the grapeseed oil carrier oil formula is any less intense than the olive oil formula b/c I cannot compare them. All I know is that the 4 drops I place under my tongue stings slightly and if any gets onto the top of my tongue I want to retch. Woo-eee!

I also started taking Bioalt's Anti-anxiety amino acid supplements. I think it does help calm my anxiety! I usually have severe anxiety and I've been a lot more calm in the last week. Nice!

My vitacost order FINALLY arrived yesterday (I have no idea what the hold up was... I submitted my order May 25th) and in the package was my Nature's Way Primadophilus Optima. I will start taking that too. I hope I am doing the right thing by circumventing the Three Lac system... I don't think my candida is that severe so I might be okay. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I want to order the greens mix but I've run out of money! So maybe sometime soon... Image

AND sometime soon I will order the BCSO.

How is everyone else doing?

amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
Hi Amnis! Taking OoO really depends on what your health issues are. I am taking OoO in higher doses right now in order to aggressively target my candida problems. My plan is to stick with OoO in varying doses for 3 months then stop or switch to something else. I am also taking black cumin seed oil right now which is another product that kills bacteria/fungi. I may just continue with this and add garlic oil supplements once I stop the OoO after 90 days to see what happens. It is important to switch things up as your body can or will develop certain tolerance levels against any anti-bacterial/fungi over time, including OoO.

To reduce the intensity of the flavor, place 2-4 drops of OoO under your tongue and hold it there for at least 1-2 minutes if possible. You will notice a huge difference in taste and the oil will not burn or sting your mouth. HTH's....

Thanks ScotsLass. I tend to think that a person can build a tolerance to any anti-bacterial/fungal over time too. I read somewhere that it's not the case with herbals etc b/c the bacteria in one's body doesn't mutate like it can with prescription antibiotics such that the bacteria becomes resistant to antibiotics (that actually happened to me when I became infected with a staph infection a few years ago). Maybe I read it somewhere where the person or website saying it had no idea what they were talking about! I am going to stick to common sense and believe that my body CAN build a tolerance to anything.

vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Wanted to bump this. Smile

How is everyone doing symptom wise and what are you taking?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I've read thru this entire thread and got lots of good info. Thank you. I was wondering what the consensus is on what is most effective for overall candida control? I don't get yeast infections but do have internal unbalance from antibiotics.
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Here's the one that worked for me...
First, kill the yeast. All this stuff is available at any health food store. To do that, get yourself a combination of olive leaf extract and caprylic acid and take it for about two months. Or you can get a product called Candistroy that works very well. It'll probably take two boxes to do the job thoroughly.

Second, you need to restore the friendly bacteria. For this, I like a product called "PB-8." Don't skimp on this part. Be sure you get a really excellent multi-strain probiotic. Primal Defense is another good one. So is Dr. Ohiras probiotic.

You'll want to keep taking a good probiotic, ideally for the rest of your life. That's because unlike 150 years ago, we rarely eat fermented foods any more.

As I mentioned above, yeast and friendly bacteria compete for space. If you run low on your bacteria, the yeast can move back in.

The PB-8 might result in a quick loss of 5 pounds in the first week.

The third thing is to patch the holes left by the yeast. If you don't patch them, you'll end up with allergies, parasites running amok, and a whole lot more, all of it bad.

To do this, get yourself some glutamine powder, take a teaspoon in water twice a day. Another excellent alternative, even better than glutamine by itself is a product called IntestiNew.

Either one will work. the IntestiNew works a little faster.

The fourth thing you'll probably want is a good multi-enzyme. When yeast is overrunning us, our digestion often gets stressed, and it needs some help.

You take those when you eat. They help to prevent bloating and discomfort.

People often ask me which ones they should start with first. I started with all the products at the same time. They work better when taken together.

It's economical, too...

This whole program will cost less than $100 the first month, about $50 to 60 the second month, and only $20 a month by the third month.

You'll end up seeing the doctor a whole lot less, so be sure subtract those costs from the 4 part program. Also be sure to subtract the costs of those expensive treats you just had to have but no longer want. One less soft drink a day or Starbucks coffee means my program saves you money instead of costing you money.

Effortless, effortless, effortless...

In my experience, what happens is that rather than seeing a gradual lessening of the cravings, you go along for a while, and you wonder is this program going to work? Then one day, it is like a light switch...your cravings completely vanish into thin air.

I still recall looking at lowly vegetables in the produce aisle, and thinking, "Wow, those look good!" Meanwhile, I literally would forget to go to the ice cream aisle.

It's your natural heritage to crave the foods that are good for you. But that can only happen if you get your yeast under control.

Animals in the forest aren't half as smart as you are, yet they are able to keep to their normal weight without effort. That's because they've never been given antibiotics.Wink

You become "unbloated"...

Your experience might be different than mine. But you will feel so much freer and lighter, and "unbloated" if that is a word, once you rid yourself of excess yeast and restore your friendly bacteria.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the great info Dahli. I did try some things you mentioned but for only a few weeks. I ran out and wasn't sure if they were helping so decided to research again. I understand now this can take months to clear up.

Luckily I actually don't crave much sweet stuff at all. I don't drink any sugary drinks either.

I'm off to research the products you mentioned. Thanks!
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Dahli wrote:

It's economical, too...

This whole program will cost less than $100 the first month, about $50 to 60 the second month, and only $20 a month by the third month.

hi Dahli,

where are you purchasing your Dr Ohira's probiotics from? A 1 month supply is about $200+ usd for me....

thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
WOW! I pay about $20 for 30 caps - online. my natural market is one and ecology health centre is another... It is definitely one of the higher end brands.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
gosh. they are ripping me off here! i wonder if the probiotics will survive if i ship them from USA.

natren is slightly better, they start from $75usd++ for a bottle.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
i went to the website my natural market and the prices there are fantastic!

i used to take nordic's complete 3,6,9 but stopped as it got too expensive for me. The smaller size bottle was about $60usd for me. For the same price, I can get the 180 pack!

i'm on minami nutrition now and love it but certainly will think of switching back to nordic!

THANK YOU

Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |