Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
What is your favorite cream cleanser for makeup removal?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies,
So I am probably a bit obbsessed..But I have been looking for a cream cleanser that can easier remove all my makeup in one step(I use mascara, eyeliner, fundation and all the stuff). I stopped using cleasing oil because it cleans too much and caused breakout on my skin.

The cream cleanser I am looking for is,
1. non-foaming
2. rich/heavy enough to remove all my makeup
3. easy to wipe off/clean without leaving residue/film on the face
4. natural ingredients

I know eve lom is supposed to be very good but I am skeptical about the mineral oil it has. I tried neal's yard remedy's chamomile cleanser but I felt it doesn't take off my makeup that well.

I've heard liz early's cleanser is very similar to eve lom, only with natural ingredient. Anyone tried it? Is there other suggestions? If anyone has used eve lom and other similar products, could you please compare those?

Any help will be appraciated. Thanks!
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
you described my HG cleanser too...I havent found one yet but I do like Cetephil (non foaming one) and Queen Helen's Whipped Cream Cleanser. The Queen Helen's is not what you would call "natural" and it does leave a little film (which I like in the winter for the added moisture) but it removes all my makeup and does not dry out my skin.

Good luck...and I will be watching this thread for some good ideas.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
PSF's Green Tea Facial Cleanser is fantastic

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
im looking for something similiar too...
i tried psf's green tea cleanser
i don't think it removes mascara well enough... if you don't wear mascara its a good cleanser... smells good and leaves ur skin moisterized!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia, I like cetaphil as well. I use it as a morning cleanser for its mildness.

Wild Cat and aprilha, I have PSF's green tea cleanser as well. It is non-foaming, great ingredient and gentle. But my impression after a few usage is,it didn't remove my makeup that well and I felt it is hard to rinse off/wipe off. I will give it another try tonight.

Acutally, since I have been eyeing on such cleanser for a while, I do have a few other things on my list to try:

the organic pharmacy carrot cleanser
and the burt's bee orange essense clanser
Very Happy
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard good things about the burt's bee orange essense cleanser too...

maybe i will try that!

actually i feel the same about the psf greentea cleanser... its a great cleanser... if you don't put lots of makeup on... but def not a great makeup remover... i usually use it for days that i didn't put much makeup on...
i still like how it makes my skin feel after though...

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
aprilha, please let me know if you do try the burt's bee. Thanks!

For non-makeup days, I love Sothy's normalizing cleanser. It smells wonderful and leave my skin soft and clean.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the Liz Earle Cleanser, which I know many people love, it's nice but not amazing. I didn't think it was comparable to the Eve Lom.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
I like using Milk cleansers to remove my makeup. My favourites are Dr Hauschka and Primavera.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I currently use the Jurlique Cleansing Lotion and like it very much. It smells fab and gets rid of my silicone-based foundation and sunscreen. It goes along with the rest of the Jurlique routine, face wash cream, AHC, etc.

I used to use Eve Lom which is a fantastic balm cleanser. If you are looking for 'one-step' cleansing I would recommend Eve Lom without hesitation. People say that there is too much faffing about with Eve Lom, I do not agree. To me Eve Lom is pretty straightforward and one product (and the muslin cloth) takes care of everything. But - if you are looking for 'natural' it is not natural.

I changed from Eve Lom only because I was fascinated by the OCM discussion here so I started using the Henry Tianus Bio-Cleansing Oil. I am ashamed to admit how much I paid for that, when you look at the ingredient list it is something you could mix up for a few dollars. The Bio-Cleansing Oil did not remove all of my makeup so I switched to the Jurlique which does a good job removing everything.

Eve Lom is great and so is Jurlique, they both will remove all of your makeup, including eye makeup in one step. Just depends on whether you want a one-step (as in Eve Lom, one product can be your whole routine) or a routine (as in Jurlique, your base routine includes five products), and natural vs not-so-natural.

Organic Pharmacy, Neals Yard, etc - do a search on balm cleansers and you'll find reviews of these. Some ladies have had problems with OP Carrot Cleanser causing clogged pores.
praia98
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:
you described my HG cleanser too...I havent found one yet...
<snip>

Good luck...and I will be watching this thread for some good ideas.

Me, too.Smile
I've used burt's bees orange cleanser, but I don't care for the rough feel.
I've tried Lancome milk cleanser but don't like the residue

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
I like using Milk cleansers to remove my makeup. My favourites are Dr Hauschka and Primavera.

I've been eyeing the Dr. Hauschka's on here for a while. How do the two compare?
The only milk cleanser I've tried is lsancome's but it leaves a residue, and then I feel I have to rinse. Do these too? Is that to be expected with milk cleansers?
This wouldn't happen with a cream cleanser, I guess? I've tried the orange cleanser from Burt's bees. it cleans very well. But I'm not too happy with the rough feel of it. I think it's the oatmeal in it. maybe my skin is being picky because it's winter. LOL
Sorry for all the quest. i'm such a newb in skincare stuff. LOL

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
I've used the Liz Earle Cleanser, which I know many people love, it's nice but not amazing. I didn't think it was comparable to the Eve Lom.

Oh, bummer...I thought I could save some money by choosing the Liz Earle one Confused

Do you mind to tell us more why Eve lom is better?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I also like PSF Green Tea Facial Cleanser. How about Osea Cleansing Milk? It's good too.
http://oseaskin.com/basics_cleansers_milk.html
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
oh stellamaris, now I have to try eve lom....

BTW, I did mix my own cleansing oil and it also works extremely well, at least comparable to DHC cleansing oil. But then I decided to stay away from cleasign oil.

I will see whether I can find more reviews on balm cleanser. Thanks a lot!
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
praia98, milk cleanser doesn't always leave a film, such as my beloved sothy's cleansing milk and philosophy purity made simple.

The other cleanser I reallly like is MD skincare all in one cleanser. It foams a bit but cleans makeup extremly well and not drying and irritating at all.
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
I also like PSF Green Tea Facial Cleanser. How about Osea Cleansing Milk? It's good too.
http://oseaskin.com/basics_cleansers_milk.html

Based on the ingredient, I would guess it works very similar to the PSF green tea cleanser. Since so many people recommend the PSF one, I will have to try it tonight Very Happy
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I think Eve Lom is fantastic. Yes it does have mineral oil, on the other hand as it's a cleanser it's only on your face a little while and you take it off properly. And having tried lots of other things in the 'same space' desparate to us something not mineral oil based, I just couldn't. But of course everyone is different.I recently found mineral oil is completely non-comodogenic so I don't mind so much any more.

I have a 30 ml sample of Liz Earle (bought from website, comes with cloth, great price) but have had serious issues since I started using it a few days ago. I am not sure if it is linked to the cloth that came with it (which is harsher than Eve Lom) or whether it's not to do with the cleanser but something else that happened this week which is too long to go into now. So I'm going to take a break till my skin sorts itself out and then test it again.

I had been tempted to try DHC cleansing oil, but apparently it's considered a cheap brand in Japan that teenagers use and not containing high-quality ingredients.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I think the muslin cloths that come with the Liz Earle Cleanser are definitely harsher than the Eve Lom ones. I have sensitive skin so I found even the Eve Lom ones too much for my skin on occasion.
The prinicpal behind the two cleansers are the same, but personally I found the actual products completely different. The Eve Lom is more of a balm like texture and I adored the scent. I've tried other 'balm' cleansers since but I always went back to the Eve Lom because it's the only one that seemed to decongest my skin, left it feeling thoroughly cleansed without feeling 'stripped' and helped to balance my skin. It is also fantastic for removing makeup.
I recently used this cleanser again after not using it for a while and I'm finding it's more effective than oil cleansers for me, and does everything I need a cleanser to do.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
praia98 wrote:
wildflower wrote:

I've been eyeing the Dr. Hauschka's on here for a while. How do the two compare?
The only milk cleanser I've tried is lsancome's but it leaves a residue, and then I feel I have to rinse. Do these too? Is that to be expected with milk cleansers?
This wouldn't happen with a cream cleanser, I guess? I've tried the orange cleanser from Burt's bees. it cleans very well. But I'm not too happy with the rough feel of it. I think it's the oatmeal in it. maybe my skin is being picky because it's winter. LOL
Sorry for all the quest. i'm such a newb in skincare stuff. LOL

I always wash off my milk cleansers. I just massage them into my skin, rinse off, pat dry and follow with a toner. I never feel any residue left over. Both Dr H and Primavera are great. I find the Dr H cleanser gives me a fresher feeling afterwards whereas the Primavera one has a wonderful scent that soothes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I like Dr. Hauschka cleansing milk for the days when I don't wear any MMU. It's a very gentle cleanser. But I found that it doesn't remove my MMU.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Decleor cleaning milk! After use, just wipe off, it is convenient!
shelliegal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
i use either jojoba oil or burt's bees orange essence cleaner for dry skin.

it cleanse very well, and also gets rid of my mineral makeup well.

the reason i know? i spray some rose water on a cotton pad and use that as a toner. the pad always remains cleanse. Very Happy not discolored.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Tangerine wrote:
Sel wrote:

Oh, bummer...I thought I could save some money by choosing the Liz Earle one Confused

Do you mind to tell us more why Eve lom is better?

I'm actually using Liz Earle in the morning...I have used it at night to remove makeup. I actually enjoy it very much! I hesitate to use Eve Lom because of the mineral oil as well...and it is expensive. You can order a 1oz trial size of the Liz Earle cleanser to try it. I actually prefer Organic Pharmacy Carrot Butter cleanser, it removes makeup like nothing else I've ever tried...you use a muslin cloth like Eve Lom and Liz Earle, and it's unbelievable. However it is a balm cleanser, not cream, but it's still amazing. The only problem is it is rather pricey, esp. if you live in the States. I have yet to find a distributor that doesn't charge an obscene amount of money to ship.
Even with the distributor in NY! They charge 10 bucks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I use PurMinerals cleansing oil followed by Eucerin Gentle Hydrating Cleansing Cream. Pur Minerals gets everything off with just one healthy pump of the product. It rinses easily and leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized. Never oily or greasy and has not caused any breakouts. In fact, breakouts and blackheads have been reduced by using this two step method of cleansing. I have slightly oily skin so it does cause problems once in a while.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |