Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Revew: Carekate's Lavender Sea Foam Facial Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I’m not big on facial cleansers, they seem so similar. So when Carekate raved about her new cleanser and offered to send me a sample, I wasn't exactly jumping up and down.

It took me a couple of days to try this, but I immediately started jumping up and down and begged her for a full order the next day.

This stuff is fantastic. My new HG cleanser.

A pump of foam on damp skin and it cleanses perfectly, smells heavenly and leaves my skin super soft. Seriously, I would use it for any one of those reasons, let alone it does all three!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rjez,

What type of skin is this cleanser gear towards or is it all skin typ user friendly.

TIA!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'll let Carekate answer that question. I have combo skin which swings to the extemes. So far I've had no problems (but I admit I rarely do).

It's definitely mild though, i.e. won't strip your skin, so it's probably too mild if you're super-oily.

But then again, there are products like ylang ylang oil that's supposed to suppress oil production so I'll need to recheck the ingredients and list here.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for this review, too, Rjez. I received lush lip sample from Carrie, and am happy that my lips aren't allergic to them. I need to find out the ingredients of them b/c then I will know WHAT I'm NOT allergic to.

It seems Carrie made some great stuff. I can't wait to try this one, too.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi rjez,

Do you have the ingredient list for this cleanser? and how is Carrie these days? Is she doing ok, i haven't seen her post too often and wasn't sure if she was still taking any orders.

Kristen~

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I am interested in the ingredient list too, particularly what she is using to make it foam.

ahhh another lemming and I am only half way through my IPF cleanser.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
This one sounds really nice. Does it come out extra foamy?
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like maybe it's in a foaming pump bottle?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:57 am      Reply with quote
kim@ifeelpretty wrote:
Sounds like maybe it's in a foaming pump bottle?
You guessed it! Smile I didn't want to use harsh surfecants to make it foamy on its own, but I know lots of folks like a foaming cleanser (most of us can't get passed the notion that lots of suds = clean, they've really got us brainwashed!) so this was my solution.

For the record, it contains the following surfecants: cocamidopropyl betaine, Plantapon, Decyl Glucoside.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Carekate was super generous and included a trial size of this cleanser. The trial size is not in a foaming pump as CK noted that the foaming pumps don't come in a trial size version so I will not comment on the texture of it since it will be markedly different from the full size.

First of all this is one nice cleanser! Apart from the obvious texture difference (that although I'm not fond of, I don't dislike) it makes my face feel SQUEAKY clean but NOT the tiniest bit of tightness or dryness. Very powerful and gentle I'd have to say. Also it's a nice relaxing wash as you can smell a light lavendar scent while you wash your face.

Here are the ingredients off my bottle:
Aloe Vera Juice, lavender hydrosol, sea-kelp bioferment, honey, organic apple juice, organic lemon juice, cocamidopropyl betaine, plantapon, lecithin, panthenol, vegetable glycerin, licorice extract, marshmallow extract, calendula extract, chamomile extract, green tea extract, raspberry extract oil, lavender infused oil, lavender EO, suttocide, cosmocil CQ

I really like this and I know I'll like it way more with the foam pump. If one day I can't afford my Osea this will definitely be my go-to cleanser!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I got a sample also and not sure what to make of it. As sormuimui mentioned before it's like the usual cleanser as far as texture is concerned. I tried it about 3 times or so but for some reason I'm indifferent about this. It doesn't bubble and I kept reloading it on my hand to use more. I may be using it wrong. I will say that it is gentle though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
I got a sample also and not sure what to make of it. As sormuimui mentioned before it's like the usual cleanser as far as texture is concerned. I tried it about 3 times or so but for some reason I'm indifferent about this. It doesn't bubble and I kept reloading it on my hand to use more. I may be using it wrong. I will say that it is gentle though.

aries: You got a sample right? Meaning you got the exact same as me - a liquid like water that does not foam the least bit. But the full size comes in a foaming bottle meaning when you pump out of it, you get foam instead of the liquid in our trial sizes. It's won't bubble without the foaming bottle because CK didn't want to add a lot of surfectants in it to make is foamy. I think the only way to really test drive the sample is to see whether you like the feel of your skin after cleansing since the real product texture will be markedly different from what we are using now.
Velvettt
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Once again, a CareKate product that everyone loves and I can't see, try, order or even look at a listing for... (sigh)
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Velvettt wrote:
Once again, a CareKate product that everyone loves and I can't see, try, order or even look at a listing for... (sigh)

Velvettt, e-mail your request for a product guide to me at MermaidGirl-CKPL@hotmail.com. Include your EDS member name and your real, full name. I will send it out to you as soon as I am able - keep in mind I have hundreds of e-mails to respond to ... Thanks.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Sormuimui, thanks for posting the ingredients. I've just been too lazy to try and type everything and got here today with the intention of typing the first five ... so glad you got here first!

My sample from Carekate was the liquid/gel, the foaming container is the full size.

It doesn't create bubbles like regular soap so don't try this if you like bubbles.

Me, I'm not keen on bubbles. To me, the more something soaps up, the harsher the cleansers.

Sort of like shampoos that don't have sulfates (I'm having a senior moment on the name) They don't lather like regular shampoos.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |