Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: PSF *NEW* Vitamin C Serum LOVE IT!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Ok, so as promised I am giving my review for my new Vitamin C from PSF. Wanted to give it a few trys to be able to review it properly.Smile

Those of you who know me, know I love to give thorough reviews! So here it goes!!

1. The Texture: It is not oily or greasy at all. It just disappears into your skin like water, but leaves your skin feeling
plump & moist, but still clean. Not sticky or tacky at all and that is really important to me.

2. The Price and Quality: I truly think the texture is just like the Cellex-C High Potency Serum and I paid $90 for a bottle & it only had 10% Vitamin C Crying or Very sad . And truthfully, I like this better because even though the texture is similar, the PSF doesn't leave my face feeling tight and unconfortable afterwards like the Cellex-C did.

3. BONUS: PSF Great CS strikes again: It comes with a free little amber glass vial of Antioxidant Booster, which is Ferulic Acid. ("It's a liquid that you just pour into
the Vitamin C Bottle & shake it up. It boosts the antioxidant properties of Vitamin C and amplifies it's photo-protective properties
by 8x" quoted by my skincare "Guru" Darren, as he so wonderfully explained to me after I e-mailed him to ask EXACTLY what to do with this cute little bottle!

So, I can say that I am now in LOVE with my new 15% C Serum from PSF, and am happy to report another product that I can use on my uber-sensitive skin that is still affordable for a starving artist with an * spam alert * to pricey makeup and skincare! Very Happy .

So if anyone is still thinking about this, I would grab up one while the price is so cheap! I just got an e-mail and the sale ends on Wed.!

~ Heather
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the great review!
but one question, is it suitable for skin prone to break out and oily in the t-zone?

if its not, then im gonna add it in my cart Very Happy
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm happy with their discontinued vitamin c 20%, but only use it at night. I can't wait to try their new formula when I'm out with my current one!! Very Happy
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:25 am      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:
Ok, so as promised I am giving my review for my new Vitamin C from PSF. Wanted to give it a few trys to be able to review it properly.Smile

Those of you who know me, know I love to give thorough reviews! So here it goes!!

1. The Texture: It is not oily or greasy at all. It just disappears into your skin like water, but leaves your skin feeling
plump & moist, but still clean. Not sticky or tacky at all and that is really important to me.

2. The Price and Quality: I truly think the texture is just like the Cellex-C High Potency Serum and I paid $90 for a bottle & it only had 10% Vitamin C Crying or Very sad . And truthfully, I like this better because even though the texture is similar, the PSF doesn't leave my face feeling tight and unconfortable afterwards like the Cellex-C did.

3. BONUS: PSF Great CS strikes again: It comes with a free little amber glass vial of Antioxidant Booster, which is Ferulic Acid. ("It's a liquid that you just pour into
the Vitamin C Bottle & shake it up. It boosts the antioxidant properties of Vitamin C and amplifies it's photo-protective properties
by 8x" quoted by my skincare "Guru" Darren, as he so wonderfully explained to me after I e-mailed him to ask EXACTLY what to do with this cute little bottle!

So, I can say that I am now in LOVE with my new 15% C Serum from PSF, and am happy to report another product that I can use on my uber-sensitive skin that is still affordable for a starving artist with an * spam alert * to pricey makeup and skincare! Very Happy .

So if anyone is still thinking about this, I would grab up one while the price is so cheap! I just got an e-mail and the sale ends on Wed.!

~ Heather

I wonder when they will offer the Ferulic Acid on it's own or will they offer a serum like Skinceuticals with the Ferulic. I like the PSF over the Skinceuticals and Cellex-C but I still prefer the Vivier overall. If I couldnt' get Vivier I'd buy the PSF...I already have the acne mud and HA serum.
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing with us.
I need every piece of information of vit C serum now. Very Happy
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
but one question, is it suitable for skin prone to break out and oily in the t-zone?

Well, I get oily around my nose and cheeks in the summer, but have been drier this winter. The weather is changing, so my skin will probably get a bit crazy again. BUT I definately am prone to breakouts (adult acne). Although, my skin has been so much less crazy since using mmu so lately I haven't been having as much breakouts or oilies, really. I don't know if it's "made" for this type of skin though, you may want to e-mail their CS about that, but I know that it doesn't aggravate or irritate my skin issues. Probably not the best answer, but just speaking from my own experience.

HTH!

~ Heather Very Happy
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:
yeahyeah wrote:

Well, I get oily around my nose and cheeks in the summer, but have been drier this winter. The weather is changing, so my skin will probably get a bit crazy again. BUT I definately am prone to breakouts (adult acne). Although, my skin has been so much less crazy since using mmu so lately I haven't been having as much breakouts or oilies, really. I don't know if it's "made" for this type of skin though, you may want to e-mail their CS about that, but I know that it doesn't aggravate or irritate my skin issues. Probably not the best answer, but just speaking from my own experience.

HTH!

~ Heather Very Happy

thats great! as long as it doesnt break me out then its brill! thanks heather
christygao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I've been looking for reviews for this, thanks a lot!
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:15 am      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
I'm happy with their discontinued vitamin c 20%, but only use it at night. I can't wait to try their new formula when I'm out with my current one!! Very Happy

Hi i find the 20% good as well. but this new product sounds great. thanks for the review

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for this review, I always waiting for this review to comparison the old formula and new one.
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Used my PSF sample of Vitamin C 15% last night. Went on so smoothly (must be the hyaluronic acid) and felt so much better than my past use of Cellex. Skin this morning is smooth and no apparent reaction to the Vit C. I guess I'll have to use the whole sample to determine if the product is for me (I said good things about Alphaderma C&C at the beginning too! but then it started irritating my skin)

I hope this is a keeper...

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review Heather!
I am now waiting for this to be available @EDS! Right now I am down on my last drops of Skinceuticals AOX and wanted to try Vivier next as it received good reviews here, but now I think my wallet would definitely thank me for a more affordable substitute from PSF Laughing
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
who have use both PSF Vitamin C Serum and cllex-c Vitamin C Serum? which one is better?
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have a similar question--how does it compare to the Cellularskin-rx C serum? (Other than the percentage of Vitamin C, that is.)
gigiab6
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed that some are mentioning using this at night...I thought you used vit c serums during the day. Is this product different? I ordered a sample and am wondering when I should use it especially since I want to stick with IS Clinical Active serum as well. Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:05 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your sharing.
After I finish my Cellularskin-rx C serum, I will purchase it.

Anyhow, EDS has not this but EDS still have emergen-C repair serum (Victamin C12%) which is dicontinue.
When EDS has PSF Vic-C serum? Idea
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder how it compares to IS Clinical.
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Oooooooooh, I just got the new PSF "C" about a week ago and love, love, LOVE it to death!!! I had tried LaRoche Posey's C and found it heavy and sticky. This stuff is smooooooooth and makes my skin just GLOW. I put it on last every single morning.

It's now a MUST HAVE for me!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I can't wait to try this...the poor mailman must feel like I am attacking him when I run out to see if my package is here yet. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
what's your routine putting on the Vit C? do you all wait for at least 15mins before putting on anything else??
Dora
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:

discontinued? Really?
I see it is still available in EDS.
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:50 am      Reply with quote
I am so glad I waited a few days for EDS to stock this...
I was thinking of ordering it straight from the PSF website as I was running out of Vit C. But I already have some Cargo stuff sitting in my EDS shopping cart and didn't want to pay twice for international shipping cost from both EDS and PSF Laughing Laughing
So EDS finally stocks this and my patience pays off! Way to go EDS!!
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:20 am      Reply with quote
daydreamingda wrote:
what's your routine putting on the Vit C? do you all wait for at least 15mins before putting on anything else??

I apply Vit-C after toner but I have never waited until 15 min (Shoul it be?).
I am very lazy.
Therefore, I apply other after Vit-C sink and dry. Wink
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks you gals for the great review, will definitely give it a trial soon. BTW, should vit c be used in AM only or both AM & PM, also, can I use it in the evening in replace of my night cream?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |