Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eyelash help...need to know what's going on....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
momtwin1998
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:07 am      Reply with quote
I posted about 3 weeks ago about this, but I pulled all my lashes out in one eye with curler...anyways its been 3 weeks and i see growth but its staggered growth, what i mean is that i have some growth, but not a lot. I have about 3 gaps with no growth in those areas and its been 3 weeks....what is going on? I didn't think it would take this long? Does anyone think that the follicle needs to heal more on some if they were pulled from the root/or in the growing stage...Anyone pull them out before with curler, please tell me this is normal and they will grow eventually!

Thanks so much...someone reply please! Dawn

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Dawn -

There will be hair there, you might just need to 'train' it to go a certain way once it's long enough. My girlfriend Debbie used to pick at her lashes as a nervous habit. Sometimes, they came out. To encourage growth, she got Rogaine and started applying that to each eyelid with a clean mascara brush. Then, as hair started to grow, she used a metal spoon (upside-down) and brushed on mascara that way. It took a good 6 or 7 months, but now it looks completely normal. hth

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
lisaroberts wrote:
Hi Dawn -

There will be hair there, you might just need to 'train' it to go a certain way once it's long enough. My girlfriend Debbie used to pick at her lashes as a nervous habit. Sometimes, they came out. To encourage growth, she got Rogaine and started applying that to each eyelid with a clean mascara brush. Then, as hair started to grow, she used a metal spoon (upside-down) and brushed on mascara that way. It took a good 6 or 7 months, but now it looks completely normal. hth

I'm not sure what you are saying exactly....I have no hairs to put mascara on, i have bald spots with no hair....I completely pulled all of them out 3 weeks ago and the lashes that i do have are really small....still have so many missing (gaps)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Lashes can take up to 6 weeks to appear, this is assuming the follicle was not damaged, in which case it may take a few weeks more. So you most likely still have lash's under the skin that will show in those areas, it will simply take more time.

Some lashes may come in sooner then others, this is normal.

Any hair that were in the dormant stage at the time of pulling, may not immediately start to regrow new hair, as they will need to shift from the dormant stage to the growth stage.

Like scalp hair, lash hair goes through different phases, Growth, rest/dormant and then fall out. Then Growth again. Not all hair on the head or around the eye is in the exact same phase at any given point.

Lashes can take roughly 6 weeks to go from nothing to appearing, if they are in the growth stage.

So realistically it could take as long as 8 to 10 weeks for hair to come in the missing areas.
momtwin1998
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
Lashes can take up to 6 weeks to appear, this is assuming the follicle was not damaged, in which case it may take a few weeks more. So you most likely still have lash's under the skin that will show in those areas, it will simply take more time.

Some lashes may come in sooner then others, this is normal.

Any hair that were in the dormant stage at the time of pulling, may not immediately start to regrow new hair, as they will need to shift from the dormant stage to the growth stage.

Like scalp hair, lash hair goes through different phases, Growth, rest/dormant and then fall out. Then Growth again. Not all hair on the head or around the eye is in the exact same phase at any given point.

Lashes can take roughly 6 weeks to go from nothing to appearing, if they are in the growth stage.

So realistically it could take as long as 8 to 10 weeks for hair to come in the missing areas.

Wow...thanks! Where do you know all this from?

You seem really educated in the lash growing dept.

makes me feel better, that I haven't damaged them, still have more time. I'm using Revitalash 4 times a week and JM 2-3 times a week at night on the lashless eye.

I take it the one's that are growing now are lashes that were already on their way up before pulling the existing lashes all out!?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
The ones visable were probaly in their growth stage, or moving into it when the injury happeaned.

JM and RL speed up the growth stage by starting/switching all lashs to that stage at a faster rate then they normally would be, and help "sync" them a bit more.

So lashs that may have been in a dormant stage have a shorted "dormant" stage and bump into a growth stage sooner then they normally would.
momtwin1998
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
The ones visable were probaly in their growth stage, or moving into it when the injury happeaned.

JM and RL speed up the growth stage by starting/switching all lashs to that stage at a faster rate then they normally would be, and help "sync" them a bit more.

So lashs that may have been in a dormant stage have a shorted "dormant" stage and bump into a growth stage sooner then they normally would.

Tangel,
So even with using RL and JM since my incident, lashes still could take up to 6-8 weeks to regrow...possibly sooner?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I pulled my lashes out before with a curler and I think it took 2 months to see some growth.. Can't remember. This is why I don't use curlers anymore. Eyelashes are suppose to take the longest to grow. They will grow, don't worry!
MakeupDiva
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Ouch! I feel so bad for you. It sounds very painful. I hope they come back nice and full and long for you!
momtwin1998
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
I pulled my lashes out before with a curler and I think it took 2 months to see some growth.. Can't remember. This is why I don't use curlers anymore. Eyelashes are suppose to take the longest to grow. They will grow, don't worry!

Thanks! Makes me feel a little better that they will take time and it won't make me worry as much! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Momtwin, I do think all of your lashes will grow back out. Some may take longer. If you worry about them a lot though, it will make it seem longer, and it will stress you out needlessly. I do understand how you feel and what you're going through though. So big hugs your way! (No huggie emoticon???)
momtwin1998
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Momtwin, I do think all of your lashes will grow back out. Some may take longer. If you worry about them a lot though, it will make it seem longer, and it will stress you out needlessly. I do understand how you feel and what you're going through though. So big hugs your way! (No huggie emoticon???)

Thanks bkkgirl! I needed a hug! The last two days I've been keeping busy and trying not to think about it. It works to keep busy and do things.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
yes it can still take awhile. They will grow though. Wink
momtwin1998
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
yes it can still take awhile. They will grow though. Wink

Thanks Tangal! I will be more patient! I feel better now that this is normal!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I only recently started curling my eyelashes, and I'm just curious, but how did you pull your eyelashes out with one?

I need to know, so I don't do it! Wink I've invested waaaaaaaayyyyy too much money on these long curvy cuties to be ripping them out! Help please!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:13 am      Reply with quote
mper1327 wrote:
I only recently started curling my eyelashes, and I'm just curious, but how did you pull your eyelashes out with one?

I need to know, so I don't do it! Wink I've invested waaaaaaaayyyyy too much money on these long curvy cuties to be ripping them out! Help please!

Her cat scared her as she was curling her lashes, and her arm jerked in such a way that it caused her to pull out her lashes that were still being curled inside the curler. I am sure if you don't have a cat, you'll be fine.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
momtwin1998 wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

Thanks bkkgirl! I needed a hug! The last two days I've been keeping busy and trying not to think about it. It works to keep busy and do things.

You're welcome, momtwin. I really do feel your pain, and am glad you are staying busy to keep your mind off of the lashes. Since you have twins, I am sure they'll keep you really busy. No? I could hardly keep up with my one baby and never had time for myself. Before long, you'll look in the mirror one day and think "where did all these lashes come from?" Very Happy
momtwin1998
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
momtwin1998 wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

You're welcome, momtwin. I really do feel your pain, and am glad you are staying busy to keep your mind off of the lashes. Since you have twins, I am sure they'll keep you really busy. No? I could hardly keep up with my one baby and never had time for myself. Before long, you'll look in the mirror one day and think "where did all these lashes come from?" Very Happy

Yes, they do keep me really busy...they just turned 9 last weekend. I have 2 boys...single mom too! So I'm extra busy. I have a house too, so now that it is spring...lots of yard work etc to keep me busy. Yeah, I'm trying my hardest to not look...the only time i look is when i have to put my RL or JM on and then i swipe and try not to examine them! LOL Summer will be here soon and I know that my hair grows faster in summer so maybe lashes might?!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, and don't forget to take some hair supplements. I'm taking powder MSM (for maximum absorbtion), inositol, vit C, biotin, and B5 as well as horsetail to help with hair and lashes. Very Happy
momtwin1998
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="bkkgirl"]Yes, and don't forget to take some hair supplements. I'm taking powder MSM (for maximum absorbtion), inositol, vit C, biotin, and B5 as well as horsetail to help with hair and lashes. Very Happy[/quote

Where can I buy MSM powder, I have biotin, where to buy horsetail? Can I get these in stores rather than online? I'm taking biotin, hair,skin and nails from gnc and a multivitamin as well every day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="momtwin1998"]
bkkgirl wrote:
Yes, and don't forget to take some hair supplements. I'm taking powder MSM (for maximum absorbtion), inositol, vit C, biotin, and B5 as well as horsetail to help with hair and lashes. Very Happy[/quote

Where can I buy MSM powder, I have biotin, where to buy horsetail? Can I get these in stores rather than online? I'm taking biotin, hair,skin and nails from gnc and a multivitamin as well every day.

I bought mine from an ebay seller who also has a web site, but I didn't know about his web site until after I paid and they sent me an email confirming they received my payment. I emailed him/her on ebay many times before I decided to bid (buy it now) because I wanted to ensure I got the Lignisul brand one. After they confirmed this, then I went ahead with the purchase. The seller's ebay ID is thesilvergenie. I felt good buying from them on ebay b/c I could give them a feedback after I complete the transaction, so I felt a bit more protected.

I bought my Horsetail from Vitacost, but I saw that you can get it even at Wholefoods. I have been trying to look for other places to buy it for less, but haven't succeeded yet.

Tangal recommended the Ultra Hair from GNC. Is that the same one you're taking?
momtwin1998
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Update...it's been just about 6 weeks and I noticed about 20 new lashes come in. It seems that they are coming in spurts. I had some come in within the first week pulled and then no new growth for a few weeks and then last week i noticed some more coming in. Still not full lashline though....but its only been 6 weeks. Still counting on a lot more to come, cause its still sparse and gappy.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |