Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

PSF Vitamin C Emergen C
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:38 am      Reply with quote
Just wondered how everyone got along with this, it makes my skin greasy and seems to settle as a film on top of my skin, my pores look 50x worse, I think I will give up on this and see if I can swap it on the MUA board as in my quest for less pores I seem to make things worse
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:00 am      Reply with quote
I got a sample and didnt like much, seemed to get whiteheads when i used it.I prefer a lighter texture.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I'm using it with no problems (the 12% version currently, but have ordered the 20%). It does take a little longer to sink into my skin, but it does after a few minutes.

Haven't noticed any increased pore size either.
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the PSF 12% (sample) for 2 weeks, doesn't make my skin oily, hasn't caused any breakouts and hasn't effected my pore size. From what I've read on EDS the 20% seems to have a better texture and is comparable to the other popular C serums, but as always everyone's skin reacts differently.
oli_d
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:28 am      Reply with quote
i used it an broke out. i didn't use it for a while and then gave it another go but the same thing happened so i just gave up. that's $120 down the drain. Sad

oli
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the 20% for a few months now and although the texture feels a little oily when you first apply it, it sinks into the skin right away, and doesn't make me break out (I have combo skin, prone to blackheads on nose and chin). Have yet to see if it works for me in summer though.
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies everyone, perhaps it's my skin at the moment, I have been swapping and trying lots of different products at the moment Embarassed in my quest for invisible pores, am currently using la vitton cleansing oil, followed by psf vitamin c, wait 10 mins exfol serum. Will keep trying
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I've just started trying out Dr Hauschka cleansing cream which is supposed to be great for clearing out pores - it's had some great reviews here. Here's hoping!
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I have had that good luck Fifi, let us know how you get on Very Happy

I am having too many girlie chats with my friend and we have both become obsessed with pores, perhaps I should learn to love the skin I am in Embarassed
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Monalisa, could if be your exfoliater? I have been using cellualar rx age limit serum, mainly an AHA, and I think that is what is breaking me out. I have been getting little whiteheads and two great big pimples, yuck. But I don't want to quit now because I have only been using for about a week and a half I think. I also use psf vit.c 20 percent but have been using that longer than the aha so I don't think that is the problem with me.
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi razinkane, I don't think it's my exfoliator, which is exfol serum, really nice from diannyvonne. I don't have breakouts just suffer from blocked and open pores, only the open pores seem to be highlighted with the psf emergen vitamin c for some reason. I didn't know what it was to begin with, then didn't use it and my face was fine. The serum seems to make me oily and lies in a film on top of my skin, I may try carkate's solution and use it at night. Wink

I have had my blocked pores since my teens and cannot seem to lose them Mad I had an md peel and this seemed to help.

I am awaiting a 15% salicylic peel sample from DiannaYvonne and can't wait to try this, I will keep you posted on the results, always hopeful Very Happy
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I use PSF 20% and like it. I used the lower concentration one earlier and found it sticky.
I think that one is best for very dry skin.
christinab77
5% products discount

Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Is the 20% to strong to start off with? Should you start with the lower strength and work up to the 20%? Does one do more for you skin?
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:11 am      Reply with quote
For those who've been using either the 12% or the 20%, has it darkened over time? I read on a different thread that the eye cream had changed from a yellow color to orange.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:15 am      Reply with quote
My 12% hasn't darkened, I'm happy to say.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I've had my bottle of 20% for several months now and it doesn't seem to have changed colour at all, still almost completely clear. I do keep the bottle tightly sealed and hidden away in a drawer though.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
20% is high to start with if you have sensitive skin. I did see a good difference moving up in concentration. Mine is still crystal clear and I bought it in December. I do keep it in a dark, cool closet.
Mabsy

Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I would start with a lower concentration. I started with 10% and now use 20%. I probably could have started with the 20% but you just never know.

I just started using the PSF 20% serum (after spilling my sample of the Vivier KineC which I was really liking Crying or Very sad ) and I'm liking the texture so far.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
whats the MUA board? Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.makeupalley.com/

Lots of interesting product reviews on this site, always worth checking it out if you're interested in a new product.
rage
5% products discount

Wed May 24, 2006 5:29 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the 20% for a month now without any problem. The texture is nice, easy to apply and a small amount is enough for the whole face.
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
can anyone list the ingredient list for the PSF vitamin c serums? And how does it compare to any one of the Skinceuticals, Cellex C, Emergin C and Vivier C serums?
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
LizaA wrote:
can anyone list the ingredient list for the PSF vitamin c serums? And how does it compare to any one of the Skinceuticals, Cellex C, Emergin C and Vivier C serums?

Hey LizaA, I currently use the PSF 12% and love it. Here's the ingredient list from the bottle:

Hyaluronic Acid Solution (Distilled Water, Sodium Hyaluronate), L-ascorbic acid (Vitamin C in nanospheres), Kosher Vegetable Glycerine, Methylpropylparaben

I still find it so strange that the same product can be so different for so many different people. I do find the Emergen-C serum a bit tacky after applying, but after I let it sink in for a bit and apply my MMU on top, I'm completely matte, both looking and feeling.
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Nymue! It looks real good. I love short ingredient lists!! Smile
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I decided to re-introduce my psf Vit C 12% back into my routine this morning. I retrieved it from the fridge to find this goopy blob in the middle of the solution. I tried shaking it several times to see if would mix in, but no luck. I wound up using it anyways. Is that bad? I hope I don't break out. What should I do? Should I toss it?
Also, I waited the usual 20, and applied my IFP anti-ox mist. Will this still be effective?
Thanks for any help.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |