Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
For those who thought they knew everything
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as a substitute for Blood plasma.
No piece of paper can be folded in half more than seven (7) times.
Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television..
Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty (50) years of age or older.
The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.
The King of Hearts is the only king WITHOUT A MOUSTACHE
American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one (1) olive from each salad served in first-class.
Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
(Since Venus is normally associated with women, what does this tell you!)
Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.
Most dust particles in your house are made from
DEAD SKIN!
The first owner of the Marlboro Company died of lung cancer.
So did the first " Marlboro Man. "
Walt Disney was afraid
OF MICE!
PEARLS MELT
IN VINEGAR!
The three most valuable brand names on earth:
Marlboro, Coca Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.
It is possible to lead a cow upstairs...
but, not downstairs.
A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.
Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least six (6) feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.
And the best for last.....
Turtles can breathe through their butts.
gigiab6
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Ah, the really important stuff in life. Thanks for the useful info. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
"And the best for last.....
Turtles can breathe through their butts."

Confused who was in charge of finding this out???

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
oh but that is my favorite one...sucks to have been that intern! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I've tried the paper folding experiment, and it's true! But the turtle-butt-breathing thing...guess I'll leave such "research" to those more highly qualified than myself... Laughing

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
If pearl melts in vinegar, maybe we can just make our own pearl cream by melting it in vinegar first and then adding it to some base cream? Cool Idea Confused
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:47 am      Reply with quote
This list must be dated. I think there are a few inaccuracies. I don't think Marboro is one of the top 3 companies anymore.

The one about not hearing a duck's quack echoing reminds me of: "If a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, does it make a sound?"
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
LOL...this post sure makes me thinking..

duck's quack doesn't echo? and dead skin floating around? Rolling Eyes
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I am stuck like the rest on the turtle breathing.....poor turtle
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
If pearl melts in vinegar, maybe we can just make our own pearl cream by melting it in vinegar first and then adding it to some base cream? Cool Idea Confused

I say give it a whirl and let us know, you just might really be on to something.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
thanks doba, this threads got me thinking.

*sigh* and i did thought i knew everything! Very Happy

hmmm, where did u get that info from???
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
thanks doba, this threads got me thinking.

*sigh* and i did thought i knew everything! Very Happy

hmmm, where did u get that info from???
<pssst - you better go check your journal to make sure Doba didn't swipe it!!>

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

I say give it a whirl and let us know, you just might really be on to something.

Ok BBK, I assume you were kidding, cause I obviously am, do not try this, you just will end up with no pearls, from what I've read they crush real pearls (not dissolve) to make skin care stuff.
pinky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still hard pressed to recall an incident of death by donkey... hmm
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
ok - a wee lil bit Ot - but couldn't help myself - I Googled - Death by Donkey and this is what I got! Laughing

Donkey Responsible for Bishop's Death

A Texan preacher wanted to raise some money for his church; hearing that there was a lot of money in horse racing, he decided to purchase a horse. However, horses proved to be too expensive for his small budget, so he ended up buying a donkey instead. Figuring he had nothing to lose, the preacher decided to enter the donkey in the horse race, in which, to his astonishment, the donkey came in second place! The next day's headlines in the Daily Racing Form read:

PREACHER'S ASS SHOWS

Encouraged by the donkey's strong beginning, the preacher entered the donkey in the races again. This time the donkey won, inspiring the headline,

PREACHER'S ASS OUT IN FRONT

Meanwhile, the bishop had gotten word of these outrageous headlines and decided that this kind of publicity was not good for his parish. So, he ordered the preacher not to enter the donkey in any more races. Next day the headlines read:

BISHOP SCRATCHES PREACHER'S ASS

Needless to say, the bishop was not pleased with this, so he told the preacher to get rid of the donkey. The preacher obliged, giving it to a convent. The headlines following this read:

NUN HAS BEST ASS IN TOWN

Well, this made the bishop angrier than ever, and he ordered the Mother Superior at the convent to sell the animal. She sold it to a farmer for $10. The headlines proclaimed:

NUN PEDDLES ASS FOR TEN BUCKS

The bishop died upon reading this headline. The day after his death, the headlines read:

TOO MUCH ASS RESPONSIBLE FOR BISHOP'S DEATH

Doba, please forgive my outburst, and now back to your regularly scheduled thread....

pinky1 wrote:
I'm still hard pressed to recall an incident of death by donkey... hmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I am now going to give donkeys a very wide berth! I can hear it now, what in the world happened to Mel, oh well remember how donkeys are dangerous, turns out they are Shock
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:45 am      Reply with quote
That's it - I will never look at donkeys the same way again!!
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I have to say I tried the paper folding thing also Razz But there's one more such 'news' I've heard before: that no one's tongue can reach their elbows?

And the funny thing was that I read that in an email and at the end of the email was this line that went: And 9 out of 10 of the people reading this email will try to get their tongues to reach their elbows Razz

I admit: I was one of the 9 people back then Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:44 am      Reply with quote
samantha185 wrote:
I have to say I tried the paper folding thing also Razz But there's one more such 'news' I've heard before: that no one's tongue can reach their elbows?

And the funny thing was that I read that in an email and at the end of the email was this line that went: And 9 out of 10 of the people reading this email will try to get their tongues to reach their elbows Razz

straight after reading that "noone's tongue can reach its elbow" i tried it Laughing
hmm, maybe i have a short tongue, but im sure its possible
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Maybe if you're Gene Simmons from Kiss....Image creepy...

yeahyeah wrote:
samantha185 wrote:

straight after reading that "noone's tongue can reach its elbow" i tried it Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:44 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
samantha185 wrote:

Laughing I think we probably all ended up trying that!

I can reach the inside of my elbow, but am an inch out when trying to reach the outside. (Due to flexibility and short arms, rather than long tongue! Laughing )
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
yeahyeah wrote:
samantha185 wrote:

Laughing I think we probably all ended up trying that!

I can reach the inside of my elbow, but am an inch out when trying to reach the outside. (Due to flexibility and short arms, rather than long tongue! Laughing )

with you on that one Laughing

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to give this to DH, b/c, according to him, he does know everything Laughing
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Fun. Thanks for sharing!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |