Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sunblock in the form of powder
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Melasmaisew
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Every single sunblock I've tried has somehow broken me out. However, I struggle with melasma and so I realllly need to make sure that I have sunblock on. I wanted to try a sunblock in the form of a powder...but maybe something that's reasonably priced because I am still a student and have lots of other expenses. I have to be a bit frugal when it comes to skincare. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:50 am      Reply with quote
What about trying mineral makeup? I realize that MMU has a very low SPF (I think like an SPF 5 or 8 ), but it is a powder & shouldn't break you out. Have you tried a mineral makeup before?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale MMU is supposed to have 18 SPF or 20 SPF, depending on whether you get the pressed or the loose. I use the pressed, and I like it very much.

pbsadhaka wrote:
What about trying mineral makeup? I realize that MMU has a very low SPF (I think like an SPF 5 or 8 ), but it is a powder & shouldn't break you out. Have you tried a mineral makeup before?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:28 am      Reply with quote
not sure if its helpful or not but my derm recommend me to use [La Roche-Posay Fluide Extreme 50+SPF] sunblock. i have got sensitive skin too and this seems alright for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:28 am      Reply with quote
The Colorescience SPF powder is not bad, slightly expensive but the quality is pretty good imho. I want to try the Eminence one next, & I will post my results when I order/receive it. Wink
Melasmaisew
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hey there Smile Thanks for the suggestions. I think the Color Science one is looking to be the best right now. I just hate the price..lol. oh well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have melasma as well (upper lip) and have managed to get it to fade, but you are right that you have to be super diligent with the sunscreen to maintain results. I use Shu Uemura SPF 50 PA+++ on that area myself.

I tried and did not like the colorescience powder. If you want to try it I would suggest that you get a small sample jar fromwww.coolibar.com first, that way if you don't like it you won't be out the whole $50 for a full size. Here is my previous review on the colorescience:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=19870&highlight=colorescience

I'm interested in seeing the review on the Eminence one, I still very much like the idea of a sunscreen powder.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure about colorescience.. Have you tried MMU before? I can't use MMU that has bismuth oxychloride, it would break me out terribly. If you've tried BE, and if that doesn't break you out, then you'll be fine with colorscience..
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
Melasmaisew wrote:
Hey there Smile Thanks for the suggestions. I think the Color Science one is looking to be the best right now. I just hate the price..lol. oh well.

Yes it is very expensive Confused I prefer the roll-on version as I find Colorescience brushes very harsh for some reason & always used to scratch my face. But if you are looking for a slightly cheaper option then IS Clinical also has a powder SPF, I didn't find this one as good as the Colorescience one.
jeab
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Why don't yo try Colorescience SPF powder ?
valkyrie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Everyday Minerals sell a separate powder sunscreen now, which you can use on top of MMU or alone. EM products are not expensive at all Very Happy
Melasmaisew
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone..sorry for the late reply.

Stellamaris, thanks for the review..i'll check it out. Smile

I'll check out the other powder sunblocks you girls mentioned..thanks alot for your help Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I recently purchased Peter Roth sunscreen powder and was VERY unhappy with it. The brush accidentally came apart from the hand piece where the powder is housed, and there was hardly any powder in there at all! Didn't like the way the powder released, either. It definitely wasn't worth the price--$30 USD.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
many people recommend mineral makeup, maybe you could have a try.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |