Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
NCN Skincare 30% Pro Pumpkin Peel - Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried numerous peels including strong glycolics. This peel is marvelous. It left my skin so smooth, soft and glowing. It even took care of my seriously rough forehead. For those with sensitive skin it does tingle a bit and you will most likely turn a little pink, but I had no flaking, peeling or downtime. Actually, the whole peel took a total of 5 minutes. It also smells devine. I am impressed with this product. Not to mention, the price is right. I think this is a must try. I will definitely continue to use it on a regular basis given the results and ease of use.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using my NCN Pumpkin Peel for several days and, while it's stronger than the one I've been using, its definitely very gentle. My skin feels much smoother than it did with the other one.

A

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I also have used the NCN Professional Pumpkin Peel. I am very impressed by this powerhouse. To date it is the strongest at home peel I have used. At first I was a little nervous to use a 30% peel but all worked out well.... soft, smooth skin, tight pores and no flaking!!!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:23 am      Reply with quote
very cool!

can i ask what other products you got from NCN and how you're liking them? there are so many that just look fantastic. BTW, are either of you acne prone? i'm definitely not a young'un any more, but go tell that to my face Laughing
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I am getting started on the copper peptides and so far I'm liking them. I also have a micro-fiber cloth that I purchased from NCN and I'm extremely happy with that too. I received a sample of the Botox Alternative SPF 30 which I have used 4 times and like. It has a good sunscreen in it and doesn't leave me oily - sinks right in for me and is light which is wonderful with the humidity and heat.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
very cool!

can i ask what other products you got from NCN and how you're liking them? there are so many that just look fantastic. BTW, are either of you acne prone? i'm definitely not a young'un any more, but go tell that to my face Laughing

I think I mentioned this in another thread but will answer your question. Smile

Copper Peptides: I am trying this for the first time in my life. I am using the weakest serum. My hope is that it will help around the eye area. My neck is starting to lose elasticity. Until now I have always loved my JB products but feel I need something more. I plan to use CP's at night and C's/JB products during the day.

Micro-fiber cloth- This cloth is absolutely awesome in removing all traces of makeup and exfoliating the skin. I particular like the idea of the cloth so I do not have to use chemical exfoliants so often. I am using the cloth twice a day without a cleanser. My face is absolutely clean, pores tight and no dryness. I am thinking of getting another one for my body.

15% peel - I received a sample of this. It feels lovely but samples are not enough for me to review or be sure of. The main ingredient is SKB and White Willow Bark.

Protect and Retore with high Retinol, Squalane and Lavendar: I got this as I felt I needed something to put over the CP in the evening (recommended). My skin seems to like this product. Again, I need to be using CPs for a while before I can comment.

SKB (Sea Kelp) - I purchased 16 ozs. of this. I am very pleased with the quality, packaging and price.

Oh....I am not acne prone.

Winnie
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to be doing my peel tonight. Do you guys put anything on your skin after this peel? Would I use CP right away after this or wait until the morning?
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again rileygirl! I can answer that one for ya - yes, after the peel use your toner, then cp, then moisturizer.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered the pumpkin peel and can't wait to try it out - am a fan of PSF's but hadn't reordered so this will be just the ticket because my skin can handle quite a bit of exfoliation. Also, I picked up the microfiber cloth to take off my makeup when I don't feel like using a cleanser. Will report back!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I just finished my peel. My initial thoughts - it smells great, just like pumpkin pie! I only left this on for 3 minutes per instructions. I had no tingling at all (but I have very tough skin). When I rinsed off, my skin was a tiny bit pink, very smooth and had a nice glow. I am very pleased with this product on 1st use and plan to use weekly and build my way up to 10 minutes.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
I just tried my sample of the peel last night. I did a patch test first in front of my earlobe as instructed for 3 mins. No stinging feeling and no redness. I proceeded to put it on all over my face. It did sting in certain areas like near my mouth and eyes. After the timer went off (3 mins), there was no pinkness or redness. I still rinsed it off. I didn't see much difference. So shall I leave it on longer? If so, how long?

ETA: Maybe my skin type is resistant. I was unable to determine if the skin color turned red under the pumpkin peel, so I decided to wash it off after 3 mins to check.

Another Q is how often do you peel? Daily?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
I just tried my sample of the peel last night. I did a patch test first in front of my earlobe as instructed for 3 mins. No stinging feeling and no redness. I proceeded to put it on all over my face. It did sting in certain areas like near my mouth and eyes. After the timer went off (3 mins), there was no pinkness or redness. I still rinsed it off. I didn't see much difference. So shall I leave it on longer? If so, how long?

ETA: Maybe my skin type is resistant. I was unable to determine if the skin color turned red under the pumpkin peel, so I decided to wash it off after 3 mins to check.

Another Q is how often do you peel? Daily?

bkkgirl,

Please don't do this peel daily. Contact NCN before and ask questions. IMO a 30% peel is strong. I am using the microfiber cloth and a 10% exfoliant daily. The Pumpkin Peel I will use once a week at the most (probably twice a month).

If your skin is use to peels perhaps next time you can leave it on a few minutes longer (add 1 minute at a time). Best to ask first. Wink
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Girls! My computer crashed yesterday so I'm answering from my sisters house! Don't have an ETA yet but hopefully sooner than later! The pumpkin peel can be used weekly if you are not using a microfiber facial cloth. If you're using a MFC, use the peel only twice a month. When you first start using the peel, it's best to start with 3 minutes and work your way up to 10 minutes (no longer than 10 minutes) adding 1 minute each time you do it. This is merely a precautionary measure. Hope this helps. Wish me luck with my computer -
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Winnie, and NCN.

Ouch, NCN, I can feel your pain and frustration when it comes to computer problems. I am a PC user, and nothing more. I have no clue why my pc does what it does. For example, sometimes when I click on something, these green horizontal lines show up on my screen all over which blocked my view of what's underneath, and if I clicked on something else, the lines start to go away. Sometimes these lines are pink instead of green. Really weird! My bf has an EE degree and he can't even help me figure this one out.

So I wish you the best of luck with your PC. If it's not worth fixing, maybe it's time for a new one.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
I used the peel and LOVED it.

I have very sensitive skin. I put the thing on, and got distracted. It did not bother me too much. So 10 minutes later I washed it off, and my skin was red, but not burning red. The redness subsided, but it was much clearer and smoother. Definitely a winner.

Wash cloth is still a struggle for me. It does not seem to do much. I am still working on this one.

Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
I agree sigma. The cloth does not seem to do much for me either, but I will keep working at it, too!
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
sigma and rileygirl, just an FYI, it me about a week before I could tell a difference.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Salli (or Tex, what is the right way to address you?),

could you, please, describe how exactly are you using it and what difference do you see after a while?

I tried it to remove makeup - one side, then use the oter side for exfoliation. Even the other side had some makeup on. I was also afraid to do too much and pull my skin too much to cause more damage.

I used in the past the pink cloth (from Stan from ebay), and ended up sanding my skin off at the corner of my eyes (1st 2 days it looked like someone hit me, my DH really was speechless when he saw me).

So, for me it is still work in progress.

TIA,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
sigma, either one works. First I rinse my face a few times and then very gently go over my face with the wet cloth. Sometimes if I have very much foundation on I go over it again with the cloth lightly. Then I rinse again. I try not to pull the skin and I do it in small patches. It took me about a week to get my skin where it didn't have rough patches particularly on my forehead. You might want to email NCN and ask what they recommend.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Salli.

Will try and let everyone know in a week.

Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info salli!
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:33 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Wash cloth is still a struggle for me. It does not seem to do much. I am still working on this one.

Lucy.

Hi Lucy, try cleansing in circular motions. I'm thinking that maybe you're not using enough pressure.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Could be.

I guess it will be a learning curve for me.
Today I have two scraped areas under my eyes (one of my main concerns), so I overdid it there again.

Thanks God for makeup.

BTW - I tried for the 1st time to do CPs 1st, and then 15% Exfoliator with Sea Kelp. Very interesting.

Nanci, what are the thoughts behind it?
Before I always thought you should apply the exfoliation 1st to help the absorption of whatever is to follow.

Anyway, it felt nice, but pulled my skin sort of like a mask. I put some Emu Oil on top and really liked the result in the morning.

Nanci, what would you recommend?

TIA,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Could be.

I guess it will be a learning curve for me.
Today I have two scraped areas under my eyes (one of my main concerns), so I overdid it there again.

Thanks God for makeup.

BTW - I tried for the 1st time to do CPs 1st, and then 15% Exfoliator with Sea Kelp. Very interesting.

Nanci, what are the thoughts behind it?
Before I always thought you should apply the exfoliation 1st to help the absorption of whatever is to follow.

Anyway, it felt nice, but pulled my skin sort of like a mask. I put some Emu Oil on top and really liked the result in the morning.

Nanci, what would you recommend?

TIA,
Lucy.

Hi Lucy! If someone is acne prone, I suggest using the exfoliator first, if not, then the cp first. My reasoning behind it is that the white willow bark extract (natural form of salicylic acid) is so great for acne. I like to put the cp on first because of it's age reversal abilities. Honestly, I don't think it makes a HUGE difference either way since CP is also great for acne. Both products are going to work no matter which order you prefer to use them.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Nanci.

What do you recommend to put after CP/15% Exfoliator?

I used Emu Oil, since I had it handy.
Also do you use it around the eyes as well?

TIA,
Lucy.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |