Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

got a tan today with bioderma ss :(
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
Well, you learn something new everyday - My m/u has been Alima MMU for the past few mos (really like it Smile ). I guess I'll keep searching thru the threads for the "best" s/s. If anyone has a particular s/s or thread or site that is helpful I'd really appreciate it.

I just use mineral based sunscreens.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
i just typed a long answer and the forum lost it. too tired to retype.... please look at this thread for the sunscreen i'm using and the ingredients, Avene Emulsion SPF50+ http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22334. i was out in the exact same sun as avalange, give or take a few arrondissements, and did not get any colour on my face. unlike Bioderma (which will destabilise even with mineral powder -- which is why you got colour), you can wear makeup over the Avene.

For those in the U.S., I found Avene at CVS pharmacy today.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:

Just fyi, the avene s/s in cvs is not the same as the avene s/s from overseas.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
yogi wrote:

Really? How so? I'm so disappointed.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi yogi - All I know is that the Euro Avene SS contain Tinosorb S and Tinosorb M, which I don't think have been approved yet by the FDA. So, the Avene available in the States are probably different formulae. I use the Euro Avene SS for this reason.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
Hi yogi - All I know is that the Euro Avene SS contain Tinosorb S and Tinosorb M, which I don't think have been approved yet by the FDA. So, the Avene available in the States are probably different formulae. I use the Euro Avene SS for this reason.

The Avene is a different formula. The one I saw was mineral based at the CVS Pharmacy.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Yes the Avene in Aus and USA is the mineral based one.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
The search for my HG sunscreen is killing me! I was getting ready to buy the Bioderma too... darn!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
schang wrote:
The search for my HG sunscreen is killing me! I was getting ready to buy the Bioderma too... darn!

It's killing you ?!?!?!?!? I died a year ago.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
mtview wrote:
yogi wrote:

i'll put one in my luggage for you, okay?
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
yogi wrote:
mtview wrote:
yogi wrote:

Love ya, babe!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:38 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
yogi wrote:
mtview wrote:
yogi wrote:

Love ya, babe!

actually, there may be a whole load of people that love *you* as i ran across a new one whilst getting this for you that i hadn't seen before, made specifically for acne-prone skin (see other thread). if it passes the m.april ingredient taste test and my wear test, there may be an awful lot of happy bunnies hopping around this summer....
liz19
5% products discount

Tue May 29, 2007 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
liz19 wrote:
tsjmom wrote:
Well, you learn something new everyday - My m/u has been Alima MMU for the past few mos (really like it Smile ). I guess I'll keep searching thru the threads for the "best" s/s. If anyone has a particular s/s or thread or site that is helpful I'd really appreciate it.

I am wondering if the person who got tan after using the sunscreen got a batch that was just bad? A lot of times a tube can sit in a warehouse for a long time or go from hot to cool and back to hot storage which can effect the chemical composition. At any rate, this sunscreen I have been using is worth a look at. It works very well and is the only one that doesn't have any garbage chemicals in it, although so many others claims they don't! I get it online fromwww.bionutz.com. Let me know if anyone else has used it yet. It was developed in Australia by a woman for her baby, pretty cool Smile
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I quite like the Bioderma fluide. I didnt burn with it on. I havent been sunburnt since I was 15 yrs old! Even when ive only applied once in the am and been out in the sun alot throughout the day.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |