Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What problems have you corrected since you joined EDS?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
and what problems are you still working on?

For those problems you have already corrected, what did you use to correct the problems? (If you know the answer...I can appreciate that sometimes you just don't know for sure. LOL)

For me, I got rid of my tired eye looks due to droopy eyelids. I don't know for sure what corrected them.

Still working on:
Smoothing out my forehead
11 lines (these come and go - so weird)
Undereye firmness
Stretch marks

I'm sure if I go check the mirror now, the list will grow fast. LOL
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I think this is my hankerment all life.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote
For me finding some great cleansers has been the biggest bonus of using the forum. I never realised what an impact finding the perfect cleanser for your skin can make. It's helped to reduce the oilness of my skin immensely.

I found my HG sunscreen through this forum too Sunkiller Clearwater.
Also using Remergent products, the DNA Repair and the Clarifying Concentrate has reduced some areas of sun damage I had though i'm still working on some red marks on my skin. I've started using the Naturderm products to try and work on those.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Corrected: Even out my skin tone with Jan Marini Bioglycolic Lotion. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Still working on: Too many to list. Today is only Monday and I don't want to ruin my week!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:19 am      Reply with quote
This is a good topic. I'll probably leave out something but I'll type what I can think of.

For skin problems, let's see, I've decongested my pores, calmed my skin, faded red scars, smoothed my skin's texture, cleared up breakouts, decreased my rash occurrences and general itchiness, balanced my skin (I'm not as oily or dehydrated) and found a suitable makeup brand. Oh yeah, I think I've also reduced the rate of aging.

Products etc that have helped me achieve this:
Zenbiotic
Tazorac
DIY recipes including the aspirin mask
Alima MMU
Best Bath Store
Jurlique
CareKate (love her lip treatment and silk/pearl dust!)

I'm sure I'll be updating this within the next few months b/c I am getting ready to order a bunch of DIY ingredients that I haven't tried yet. (I can't wait!)

Still working on...
-dark circles
-more reduction in rate of aging (and really diminishing my fine lines)
-even clearer skin- no more breakouts!
-is it possible to make my pores invisible? (well, I'd like to at least shrink them some more!)

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:33 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

For those problems you have already corrected, what did you use to correct the problems? (If you know the answer...I can appreciate that sometimes you just don't know for sure. LOL)

For me, I got rid of my tired eye looks due to droopy eyelids. I don't know for sure what corrected them.

What were you using that might have helped get rid of droopy eyelids?
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:37 am      Reply with quote
So far, I've solved my irritation problems from using a face cleanser. I used to always get red bumps that would go away after half an hour after I washed my face. Since I've joined EDS, I've tried several cleansers and have now found cleansers that don't cause such a problem any more. Here's the list of the cleansers:

The Organic Pharmacy Rose Cleansing Gel
Yon-Ka Cleansing Milk
Eve Lom Cleanser

I'm still working on my dark circles which have gotten much better after I started using Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue. Another problem I haven't yet solved is my dry dehydrated skin. I still haven't come across a product that really helps yet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:39 am      Reply with quote
I have got rid of puffy eyes and eye bags, large pores, the majority of wrinkles and breakouts cease to exist.
Still working on one crease at side of eyes and nasal lines.
Have used Juvena Juvedical, Photolagen, Cellcosmet Gel cleanser, activator, toner and dual action exfoliant. Then started Remergent products alternated with Valmont L Elixir Face and eye creams and occasionally other Valmont lines such as DNA Repair. Also stayed with Valmont Lip Repair.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:18 am      Reply with quote
I've solved my problem with oily skin - now after balancing my skin I come to realize it's true underlying problem of dryness which I have now found a great moisturizer (Osea APC) which seems to give my acne-prone combination-dry skin with just the right amount of moisture.

Still working on the breakouts - which has improved but I still got a long way to go. Would also like to reduce more the pore size on my nose and the sides of my nose and to get rid of acne redness/pigmentation. I have found a routine that I'm probably not going to stray much from and working on those milia-like bumps on my skin (which decreased in number after I found that wonderful moisturizer!).

These are the items EDS has introduced me to that have had a good impact:
Osea Ocean and Mudd Cleansers, APC and Eyes and Lips
EpidermxII
Yonka Emulsion Pure
Carekate's products - too many to list
Pearl Creme
PSF/Zenbiotic O2
DIY ingredients like liquid Beta Glucans
JM Bioclear
Vit C Serums - esp. Candessence
HA Serums - particularly PSF's Berry Beneficial
Earth to Body mask
BBS Acne Gel - occasional use
IFP Healing Serum - spot treatment
Decleor YY oil (don't use anymore) and balm (occasional use) - these have fixed my oiliness prob.
Yonka Creme 15 (was perfect moisturizer for me before but now too drying for my skin so don't use anymore)

I've bought way more than the list above but they aren't worthy to be put on the list
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:20 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I forgot to add Vivier C serum to my list. How could I forget it? My skin really loves it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Great question bkkgirl! Smile So far my skin has improved greatly since joining EDS, thanks everyone! Very Happy I have noticed I have less congestion, thanks to Decleor Ylang Ylang oil & also Dr H cleansing cream & rejuvenating mask. I have also noticed improved skin tone & clarity after using the Juice Beauty green apple peel. But I'm still working on my acne scars (which have actually improved a lot already!), my dehydrated-sensitive skin especially my tight, flushed cheecks.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:46 am      Reply with quote
I have gone from having Oily skin with lots of breakouts to normal skin with a few blemishes.
Discovered my skin responds well to natural skincare such as Homemade preparations, Dr Hauschka and Decleor.
Also learnt the importance of a good sunscreen (Avene) and that having a tan is not really worth aging my skin prematurely.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
The problems I've solved go far deeper than skin... down to my pocketbook!

I've learned to research before I try, insist on samples before buying full size jar, ect...

This forum has saved me a lot of money in the sense that I am much more careful before I jump in with both feet now... Well, most of the time, anyways... Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
I've solved my problem with oily skin - now after balancing my skin I come to realize it's true underlying problem of dryness which I have now found a great moisturizer (Osea APC) which seems to give my acne-prone combination-dry skin with just the right amount of moisture.

Still working on the breakouts - which has improved but I still got a long way to go. Would also like to reduce more the pore size on my nose and the sides of my nose and to get rid of acne redness/pigmentation. I have found a routine that I'm probably not going to stray much from and working on those milia-like bumps on my skin (which decreased in number after I found that wonderful moisturizer!).

These are the items EDS has introduced me to that have had a good impact:
Osea Ocean and Mudd Cleansers, APC and Eyes and Lips
EpidermxII
Yonka Emulsion Pure
Carekate's products - too many to list
Pearl Creme
PSF/Zenbiotic O2
DIY ingredients like liquid Beta Glucans
JM Bioclear
Vit C Serums - esp. Candessence
HA Serums - particularly PSF's Berry Beneficial
Earth to Body mask
BBS Acne Gel - occasional use
IFP Healing Serum - spot treatment
Decleor YY oil (don't use anymore) and balm (occasional use) - these have fixed my oiliness prob.
Yonka Creme 15 (was perfect moisturizer for me before but now too drying for my skin so don't use anymore)

I've bought way more than the list above but they aren't worthy to be put on the list

Are you not using Zenbiotic foundation pack products any more? (Didn't you try this range out or am I confusing you with someone else?)

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've never used the Zen foundation pack - the only items I bought were 1oz Phyto Moisture, O2 and Colloidal Silver. Phyto Moisture didn't give me enough moisture and Colloidal Silver didn't do much for me. The only thing I keep repurchasing is the O2.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
I've never used the Zen foundation pack - the only items I bought were 1oz Phyto Moisture, O2 and Colloidal Silver. Phyto Moisture didn't give me enough moisture and Colloidal Silver didn't do much for me. The only thing I keep repurchasing is the O2.

Right. Now I remember. The phyto moisture alone didn't hydrate enough for me either. I added the moisture enrich and sun protector/moisturizer and so far, so good. Perhaps the phyto and sun protect will be enough for me this summer though.

Btw, where do you get your liquid beta oat glucans from? I've recently become interested in this. I see that GoW carries it now but I am still learning about percentages/ concentrations/ etc (so I'm not sure if their's is a concentration one used directly on skin or uses it within a concoction).

bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

What were you using that might have helped get rid of droopy eyelids?

Sarahb, I hate to be wrong but I noticed my eyelids started to look better after I started trying samples from Skincarecentral and 2 weeks later IFP. I bought the DMAE amine from skincarecentral which I used on my lids along with their exceptionally gentle cleanser, super viper 4%, lactic acid exfoliator serum, and wildberry with kojic acid, and while I didn't see an immediate result with the amine, I wonder if that's what did it. Also stop using Revitalash eliminated the red eyes which contributed to looking tired but that got nothing to do with droopy eyelids. I just got the eye serum from GoW, which I tried last night, and think is a keeper, but for about 2 weeks, I have not put anything on my eyelids except for the DMAE serum which sometimes I use the amine (still have some left - I use very little of it), and sometimes I use the 7.5% DMAE spritz from IFP.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
sormuimui wrote:

Right. Now I remember. The phyto moisture alone didn't hydrate enough for me either. I added the moisture enrich and sun protector/moisturizer and so far, so good. Perhaps the phyto and sun protect will be enough for me this summer though.

Btw, where do you get your liquid beta oat glucans from? I've recently become interested in this. I see that GoW carries it now but I am still learning about percentages/ concentrations/ etc (so I'm not sure if their's is a concentration one used directly on skin or uses it within a concoction).

I got mine from GoW. I use it straight and mix it with other stuff. I've had no problems with it. I think there are other members who use it straight as well and they got there's from GoW, if you're not sure about it, I'm sure a lot of members will be able to help you on the Beta Glucans thread. I'm not experienced in DIY myself so my knowledge is very very limited.
gpence
5% products discount

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
There are so many improvements that it is difficult to list them all. My friends have noticed the improvements and have even thought that I have had cosmetic surgery. My rosacea is greatly improved. I have very few breakouts now. My skin tone is much more even and brighter. My facial scars, acne/rosacia, are greatly improved. My pores appear smaller and the tautness/thickness of my skin is much better.

I am still working on scars, anti-aging, pore reduction and elimnating breakouts.

These are some of the products that I have found through EDS that have produced positive results:

Diana Yvonne: Rose Hip Cleanser
Diana Yvonne: CP Serum
Diana Yvonne: Clear Emu Oil
Garden of Wisdom: Mandelic Acid (no alcohol)
Garden of Wisdom: Hyaluronic Acid
PSF: Phyto-Lift Cranberry Eye Treatment
Skin Biology: TCA Peel
Skincare Central: 4% DMAE
Skincare Central: Triple Action Vitamin C
Pure Luxe: MMU
Skincare Central: Bioderma Photoderm AKN Spray
SPF 30
Diana Yvonne: Red Tea Serum
Zenbiotics: O2 Spray
Decleor: Ylang Ylang and Neroli Oils
Orlane: B21 Lip Treatment

There are other products I have used and more that I plan to purchase. I am very grateful to the members of EDS for their valuable opinions and posts.

Gail:-)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:00 am      Reply with quote
I still have all my frown lines, but I've totally improved my use of emoticons Mad
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |