Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
The best natural antiperspirant / deodorant you've used?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lil_miss_skincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I'm trying to ween myself off of aluminum containing anti-perspirants, but the problem is that I am a heavy perspirer (which unfortunately is usually accompanied by a heavy odor!) Rolling Eyes I would love to hear any suggestions you have for something w/o aluminum that really, really, really works!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry if I wasn't supposed to post a question on this forum -- I'm just learning the ropes! Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if Kiss My Face liquid rock contains the bad aluminum, but it contains potassium alum. It's the best natural anti-prespirant deodorant I've ever used! I stay stinky-free 24/7. Even my hubby threw away his nasty old spice deodorant to use mine instead! Rolling Eyes

http://www.kissmyface.com/Product.pasp?bc=0&txtCatalog=Kiss+My+Face&txtCategory=&txtProductID=1900371EA
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey...all I saw on the KMF website was a deodorant...do they have an antiperspirant too???

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika, I have the fragrance-free liquid rock roll-on deodorant.. I'm assuming it's anti-prespirant because it acts like one and controls my odor better than anything else.

Here's what it says:

Kiss My Face succeeded in liquefying crystal deodorant stones, which are 100% effective in preventing body odor. It inhibits bacterial growth and neutralizes body acids. Lasts all day! As always, our products contain no animal ingredients, artificial colors, or unnecessary chemicals and were not tested on animals.
NO PARABENS!

neutralizes and eliminates odors
no artificial fragrances
lasts all day
colorless
really works!

You can check the reviews on it at drugstore.com!

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=39053&catid=47483&trx=PLST-0-SEARCH&trxp1=47483&trxp2=39053&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SEARCH

HTH! Smile
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I can't ever find a natural antiperspirant. I have problems with wetness and deodorants never work. I wish I could get away with just a deodorant...that would be fabulous.

Thanks for the info Lisey...I'm definitely going to read up on it! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Me too, ParisTroika! I've tried many anti-prespirant deodorants, and none of them really last long, and would end up giving me rashes. KMF is the only deodorant that has worked for me and doesn't give me bumps/rashes. KMF controls my odor really well too, so I barely stink now! Very Happy BTW, you're welcome! Smile
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
I do not use anti-perspirants, but for deodorant only I like the crystal rock and 'Crystal Ally' by Simply Divine Botanicals. The pink grapefruit scent of Crystal Ally is fab!
MakeupDiva
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have not tried it yet, but I read some good reviews on the Trader Joe's natural deodorant. It has cotton fibers in it to help absorb wetness. Next time I go, I am going to pick some up to try.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
I'm not sure if Kiss My Face liquid rock contains the bad aluminum, but it contains potassium alum. It's the best natural anti-prespirant deodorant I've ever used! I stay stinky-free 24/7. Even my hubby threw away his nasty old spice deodorant to use mine instead! Rolling Eyes

http://www.kissmyface.com/Product.pasp?bc=0&txtCatalog=Kiss+My+Face&txtCategory=&txtProductID=1900371EA

I think based on a rec from Lisey previously (or maybe another EDS member), I bought the KMF Liquid Rock and it worked great at controlling odor. I also like the Weleda deodorant spray.
lil_miss_skincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks all! I'll definitely look into your recs Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if this would fit your needs, but Fresh brand deodorant/anti-perspirant smells absolutely fabulous. Everyone was raving about it on MUA, so I bought it and wow, I have to say it converted me completely! I just love it. (However, I never had a problem with wetness, so I can't vouch for it's strength in that respect)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've actually used Fresh...I just can't justify the price when it works just as well in the preventing-wetness department as other, cheaper brands.

I do love the lemony scent though!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Doesn't it just smell fabulous? I find I get 5-6 months from one container of Fresh, although the last month I have to keep it upside down in the medicine cabinet. I never really noticed how long the regular drugstore brand (Dry Idea) used to last though, so I don't know if this is a long or short time. It works out to less than $3.00 a month, or 10 cents a day! Laughing

5% products discount

Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Second the KMF Liquid Rock.
cheezwiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have similar problems with wetness and odour, but wanted to move away from deodorants with lots of chemical ingredients.

I've had success with Avalon Organics deodorant - specifically the lemon scented one. Keeps me dry and non-smelly all day, and the lemon smells heavenly when you first apply it! Smile

I've tried the other two scents they sell, which are lavendar & wild yam (which has a rosy fragrance). These ones were not as effective on me for some reason. Definitely worth a try since the ingredients are non-scary. You can pick these up in most health-food stores.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for all of the natural suggestions! Fresh anti-perspirant smells wonderful but it doesn't help to keep me dry at all. Sad It also has aluminum in it which is something I'm trying to get away from.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if they even make a natural antiperspirant (NOT deodorant...but antiperspirant). I had to use a prescription one for awhile...now I have to use Certain Dri (ugh...does a number on my underarms!!!).

Boo to excessive sweating!!!! Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I like Desert Essence Dry By Nature Deodorant--it works as well as any non-super-strong antiperspirant I've used (Dove, Secret). I still get a little wetness, especially if I'm exerting myself, but I don't mind too much since I figure that's a trade-off I'll have to accept. I've heard good things about Kiehl's Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream, but haven't tried it myself and am not sure if it entirely qualifies as "all natural".

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
If possible, you should try to stick with only deodorant for a while and see if the wetness situation improves. Most antiperspirant are really harsh, so it's possible that they make your body try to make even more sweat (kinda like how stripping all the oils off your face can make you even more oily in the long run).

I use the Tom's of Maine deodorant and it works pretty good. If I start to get stinky towards the end of the day, I rub my pits with a cotton pad soaked in alcohol and a few drops of tea tree oil and then take a shower. That kills all the germs that cause the stink. Remember, it's not the sweat that causes BO, it's the bacteria.
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Another vote for Kiss My Face Liquid Rock. I've tried a lot of them. The Tom's of Maine felt sticky under my arms by the end of the day.

The KMF feels like there's nothing there but there is no smell even at the end of the day. There are samples at Whole Foods and that's how I found it. Now it's all I use.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I seldom use this before, but I want to buy one this year.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Desert Essence deodorant. It goes on a little moist so I always pat dry after application, but it works pretty well. I've been using it for almost 2 years now without any problems. I'm not 100% satisifed with it but until I find something better (which I've had trouble doing with natural deodorants), I'll continue to use it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the crystal rollon deodorizers. It's just a crystal you wet under the tap and roll over your armpits. It totally works. You still may sweat but the sweat has NO odour at all.

The only time I use an antiperspirant now is when I absolutely do not want to sweat, otherwise I avoid them because sweating is the body's way of purging toxins. Preventing sweating can be harmful to your lymph glands. (I personally believe there may be a link between the excessive use of antiperspirants and breast cancer, which is why I avoid them.)
twinkle-bright
5% products discount

Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
There is deodorant/antiperspirant from Adidas that is made with "CottonTech+" with no aluminium.

It's on sale this week at Shoppers Drugmart for $2.99 cdn.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |