Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Mason Pearson Hair Brush
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
MakeupDiva
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have one? Are they really as great as all of the stylist say? It seems like a lot of money to spend on a brush. But I am intrigued! Smile
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, they are absolutely wonderful.

I gave mine to my daughter a few months ago, and went nuts trying to find something else to use. After bying 3 different brushes (Fekkai was one of them), and disliking them all I ended up going to NM and got two (just in case).

HTH,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
What is your hair type? I have long, fine, hair. I just wonder how it would be for my hair type.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have relatively coarse curly fairly thick stubborn hair.

I would suggest somehow to try it before buying. I bought the 1st one (years ago) for $30.00, so it was not that much of an investment. Also, I am using the small one with mixed bristles (plastic and boar bristles), the all boar bristles or all plastic did not work for me. I think it is about $70.00.

HTH,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
I like Kent brushes -- they are very similar to MP in quality and not quite as pricy!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:59 am      Reply with quote
I use an all boar bristle one and I love it! More for grooming than untangling though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:16 am      Reply with quote
MakeupDiva wrote:
Does anyone have one? Are they really as great as all of the stylist say? It seems like a lot of money to spend on a brush. But I am intrigued! Smile

I had one years ago, hated it, made my hair full of static.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I haven't found anything that compares to mine. I'm glad I got it. Its years old now. My boyfriend even uses it. I caught him using it a bunch of times after I was raving how its the best brush ever. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
That is so true - I have mine for years (unless I give them yo my daughter, who regularly ends up losing them).

I treid many different ones (not Kent), but so far find them to be the best.

I only like mixed bristles - boar and plastic.

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
mine's nearly 20 years old! I haven't tried Kent ones, but I bet they are as good

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I like mine, but I don't necessarily think it is worth the full retail price. I think I paid 45 bucks for it off of ebay.

liz

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have this brush also and I love it. I find that it does not hurt my scalp, it appears that it does not tug on my hair strands and it is just a good overall hairbrush.
Genie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Love my MP paddle all boar bristle brush. It was a great investment that I don't regret. My hair just shines after I use it.
Annapurna
5% products discount

Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:16 am      Reply with quote
I hate to go against the wave of MP love but I have to agree with sarahb - I believed the hype and bought one but it gives me crazy static.

Also, I don't brush my hair a lot aside from when I blow it dry and you can't use this brush for that (according to the instructions the heat from your dryer will mess up the glue in the brush).

HTH
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:01 am      Reply with quote
How does this compare to Fredrick Fekkai's classic hair brush? This is the one I am using right now and I absolutely love it!
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
So much better. I have both, and keep Fekkai in a bathroom for occasional need. In my bag and office - only MP brush. BTW, I am using small ones and they are great for shoulder length hair.

I dry my hair with blow dryer, and let them fully dry without touching them. Later on I brush them and that is it.

HTH,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sigma! I have long hair half way down my back and it's pretty thick. What Mason Pearson brush would be best?
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I've heard of these brushes and have wondered whether to get one for my dd and if so which one. She has hair that is thick and slightly on the course side. It has lots of body and gets tangled at the drop of a hat. It has been damaged by plenty of sun and pool chemicals. I condition it every night but it still is a lint trap. It is beautiful when brushed smooth but it is very difficult to do as she screams bloody murder when I brush for too long.

Help
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:06 am      Reply with quote
I can't recommend enough just buying one on eBay. SOOOO much cheaper! I think I got mine for $30.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
I can't recommend enough just buying one on eBay. SOOOO much cheaper! I think I got mine for $30.

Is it authentic? I want to try it. Does it cause static electricity in your hair?
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Mine is, in fact, authentic (though I posted a thread about how I was worried it was a fake! Not the case). It doesn't cause static for my hair, but I'm not really prone to that. I have very thick and coarse and naturally wavy hair, and I use the combo plastic and boar bristle one.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
havana8

Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
They look like lovely brushes but, whoa!! They run from $135 to $212.50 CAD on Dermstore!!! Shock
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |