Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

clarisonic question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I was thinking about getting a clarisonic. Is the one they show on ebay clarisonic md (they say its new) the same one that eds and nordstrom sells. Thanks, because I am confused! Confused
persephone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it's the same one. I bought mine from eBay and I love it!!

And MUCH cheaper.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you!
carmenlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I think the one on ebay is the newer model with three speeds. I got mine from EDS in December 2006 and it only has two speed. It is better to confirm with EDS before you purchased. Anyways, it is the greatest skincare product that I ever buy. Absolutely love it!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you!
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
After about 9 months, my Clarisonic just stopped working. I had registered the product and they are sending out a new one which I should get tomorrow. I hope it lasts longer and that these are reliable products. I do like it very much. Whatever you do, make sure you register the product with the manufacturer so you can rely on the warranty.
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
carmenlu wrote:
I think the one on ebay is the newer model with three speeds. I got mine from EDS in December 2006 and it only has two speed. It is better to confirm with EDS before you purchased. Anyways, it is the greatest skincare product that I ever buy. Absolutely love it!

I bought mine last month on eBay and it had the three speeds -- check the seller's description and it should tell you how many speeds it has. Good luck with your Clarisonic -- I love mine!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info!
snooze

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I have several "less expensive" versions of this. The problem is, as soon as you place ANY pressure on the device, the head stops rotating. Does the Clarisonic do the same thing? If not, I'm going to get one! TIA for your responses!
yingw
5% products discount

Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
WHAT THIS THING FOR?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have any problem with the Clarisonic and pressure. But do remember that the point is not to put pressure on - at least with the Clarisonic. You let the brush and the sonic technology (sonic oscillation) do the work (the Clarisonic is made by the same company and uses the same technology as the Sonicare toothbrush).

You can find out a lot more info, before/after photos, etc. at the official site: www.clarisonic.com

You can probably get a better price by comparison shopping, checking out Ebay, using coupon codes, etc. Just be sure to register the brush after you purchase it at the official site to receive the moneyback guarantee and warantee as well. Some people prefer to buy the brush locally (most department stores in the U.S. carry the brush) in case they decide they don't like it, etc. - Clarisonic offers a guarantee so you can return within a certain period of time with moneyback. Buying locally probably saves you shipping fee but I don't know - Clarisonic might send you a box with postage paid to return. I know they do that if you need it replaced.

When I bought it, it came with 2 brushes to try (gentle and normal). Clarisonic has since come out with any even gentler brush (delicate), so now there are 3 brush options. And, it's nice to hear that there are now 3 speeds. That's new.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Some of those before/after pictures makes me want to call up those people and tell them about OCM. If they did that and the clarisonic their results in 2 weeks would be even better.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
What is OCM?
Mabsy

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
What is OCM?

OCM = Oil Cleansing Method
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3228
HTH

Btw, I used a Clarisonic for a few days recently and it has just made stronger my lemming to get one Mad Of course, I don't know what I would do with those exfoliating masks then Laughing I do like face brushes though and that one made my skin feel very *very* clean!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info!
carmenlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
snooze wrote:
I have several "less expensive" versions of this. The problem is, as soon as you place ANY pressure on the device, the head stops rotating. Does the Clarisonic do the same thing? If not, I'm going to get one! TIA for your responses!

The clarisonic use the sonic wave to clean the skin which is the same technology behind the Sonic care toothbrush. It is not encourage to apply pressure on the device. However, I find that the brush head does not always work consistently, I may send it back to get a replacement.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Carmenlu, have you tried taking the brush head off and cleaning the device and then placing the brush head on again?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Carmenlu, have you tried taking the brush head off and cleaning the device and then placing the brush head on again?

I tried and that helps a bit. But sometimes the vibration speed just varies for no reasons.
It seems really hard to reach the warranty service office, no one answers the phone and they are not returning messages. Did anyone get their warranty successfully?
english3222
5% products discount

Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have a problem with my clarisonic as well. The black internal bristles intermittenly refuse to rotate. I have replaced, reseated and cleaned the brush head and it still does not rotate from time to time. I called clarisonic directly and they asked where I bought it. I told them EDS in Canada. They suggested I call them directly to see about warranty. I called eds on March 30 and was told someone would call me back that day or on Monday April 2nd. It it now April 3 and I have not received a return call. Does not look good for warranty service! I'll have to call again to see if it is even possible on my less than one-year-old unit.
sbparadis
5% products discount

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I had a really good experience when mine stopped working- I had registered it- emailed the company and asked what to do- the next day I happened to be next door to the place I had purchased- went inside to buy sunscreen and asked told my technician friend about my sad clarisonic-less state- she made a quick call to the representative, turned around, and handed me a new one- said to just bring the broken one back next time. YAY!!!

Then- 3 days later- I received a replacement in the mail- supposedly in response to my first email. I called them and told them and the nice man laughed and said "enjoy!!!"

I love this thing- my skin looks gorgeous- and I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
How intense and deep were your blackheads everyone? I ask because I have blackheads that are almost impossible to get rid of and they are just gross and while I have been exfoliating since I was 15 (learning how to do it and finding different ways/products to do so) nothing has every really worked. So I am wondering if a clarisonic would get deeper and get those suckers out (they are not the worst part of my skin but the most consistent and therefore the most annoying). Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
gigiab6 wrote:
How intense and deep were your blackheads everyone? I ask because I have blackheads that are almost impossible to get rid of and they are just gross and while I have been exfoliating since I was 15 (learning how to do it and finding different ways/products to do so) nothing has every really worked. So I am wondering if a clarisonic would get deeper and get those suckers out (they are not the worst part of my skin but the most consistent and therefore the most annoying). Thanks!

I have and use my clarisonic almost everyday but the best (and still is) method for me to rid myself of blackheads has been OCM.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |