Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

: : Review: Smith's Rosebud Salve
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Review:
Just got my very first pot months back. I have got really sensitive and crappy lips. Hence I am usually very careful towards the lip product that I used. I must rave for this salve! A nice rose smell but when I first started using it I wasnt used to it but after using it few more times I m more or less okay with it.

Its rather moisture. And i will apply it on my lips bfore going to bed (i sleep with aircon). In the morning, I will feel that my lips are moisture. Having tried so many different brands (spending so much money) apart from LipMender this is the only other product that works for me. But due to my lazyness.. somehow my crappy lips tends to come back on and off.

Rating: 8.5/10

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
I like this too.
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy I am addicted to it now!
it makes my lips so soft!
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
I know I love this stuff! Mary H sent me my first pot of it last year and I LOVE it! It definitely odd having a rose scent for a lip product, but I like it better than alot of the overly sweet smelling ones. Its also good for cuticles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using this stuff for years. I adore it. It feels great but it also is more effective than one would think, given its almost delicate feel. I always wear it on the ski slopes, for instance.

I don't really wear makeup, but I often put this stuff on my eyelids. Feels lovely and better than any eyeshadow I've ever tried...
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
After I finish my lip, I will try it. Wink
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:27 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I don't really wear makeup, but I often put this stuff on my eyelids. Feels lovely and better than any eyeshadow I've ever tried...

I don't wear much makeup either. But what does the Rosebud do for you eyelids...and is that upper and lower? Razz
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:35 am      Reply with quote
I actually found this stuff made my lips even more dry for some reason Sad, but I must say I do really love the packaging & the gorgeous scent!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:
katee wrote:

I don't wear much makeup either. But what does the Rosebud do for you eyelids...and is that upper and lower? Razz

No no - not lower! I just put some on my eyelids sometimes - especially when we're going out at nite. It gives my eyelids sort of a subtle sheen that some of the eyeshadows have. It's a very pretty effect and a very natural one.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Rufus wrote:
katee wrote:

No no - not lower! I just put some on my eyelids sometimes - especially when we're going out at nite. It gives my eyelids sort of a subtle sheen that some of the eyeshadows have. It's a very pretty effect and a very natural one.

I second this technique. When I used to go out straight after work and didn't have time to vamp up my makeup, I just quickly put on a thin layer of Rosebud Salve (or vaseline or Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream) over my day eye makeup. It really did give a nice gloss to it. Plus I found it sealed my eyeshadow in place, so when I was out dancing my butt off and sweating like a pig, my makeup didn't run. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:30 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Rufus wrote:
katee wrote:

Anxious okay, so upper. I'm not a big fan of makeup so this sounds like a good idea for the eyelid. Thanks for the idea, I do have lots of salve to use up.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Where can you get this in the States?
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
Where can you get this in the States?

Hi

You can order it from EDS. Here's the link.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/rosebud-skin-care.htm

I've got a sample but have never used it. I'll give it a go in light of the rave reviews.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Ninetynine Smile
Silverbunny

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:37 am      Reply with quote
I got this at Walgreens. It makes my lips very moist. I like adding a touch of color to it by mixing it with one of my alima blush samples....
carmenlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Rosebud so much that I have three pots. One in my bag, one on the bathroom counter and one in the bedside stool.
Jin
5% products discount

Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I like its cute shape and pretty color..
histeric
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I love the rosey smell of this balm. It's very moisturizing. Good for other part of your face other than lip,too.
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I find it's effect for the lips is only temporary- it doesn't quite condition, only alleviates the dryness while you have it on
marie7927
5% products discount

Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I like the smell but it doesnot work as good as carmex Embarassed
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
My daughters love the Rosebud salve!!! I have to add that the other salves they make are great too...I like the clove for insect bites! Very Happy
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
For the amount you receive and for the price you pay, it is a great product. I've found more moisturizing lip balms though. This one is good for me in the summer when my lips aren't nearly as dry. It also has an amazing glossy tint to it that I just love!!! I use it more of a lip gloss than anything! Still, it's worth the money!
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I like its smell.
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I received this as a free gift in my last order and have to say that I love this product! The scent is very soft and beautiful and it moisturizes my lips so nicely & gives them a lovely, rosy sheen. I even used it on my dry knuckles (a side effect of our long Canadian winters Rolling Eyes ) and it worked very well to alleviate the dryness. I'll definately be adding this product to my future orders.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I really love this product and it works for my lips! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |