Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

: : Review: Smith's Rosebud Salve
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I don't care for it as a lip balm but it's great as elbow balm!
michxly
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I loved it at first...but noticed that my lips kept getting dry throughout the day even though I'd be reapplying it quite thick. I probably wouldn't repurchase because I can not stand my lips getting dry. My sister bought one too after trying mine and likes it but she still gets chapped lips. Overall, it's a 7/10 to me.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:17 am      Reply with quote
I have this salve. I use it at night, on my lips just before going to bed, and in the morning I must say that my lips are extremely well moisturized. Before using this product my lips were always so dry in the morning and during the day. It's a bit thick, but the great thing is that as a lip balm you just don't have to constantly reapply.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
you can buy it in Sephora
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
This stuff is great! I recently recieved it as a free gift from EDS with my last purchase and it totally cleared up my severly chapped lips in 2 days!
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I like this salve very much, too. I wear it around the house and often forget to put lipstick on when I go out, not out out, just out Smile
I use it interchangeably with Julie Hewett Camellia Balm which I also love, it's "wicked great" as my East coast grandson would put it.
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Can you make a comparison with Dr.Hauschka lip balm?
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the Rosebud Salve (I didn't like the scent) but I do like the Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:07 am      Reply with quote
I love it too and now Sephora carries a darker one called Brambleberry that's very nice, too, if you can use a darker color.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:16 am      Reply with quote
It's o.k. for lips. Doesn't really heal chapped lips. Another use is dabbing a little on eyelids for a nice look. I read about this trick in a fashion mag and on a makeover show.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I do not think it is anything special, would not buy it again.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this yesterday at Sephora while shopping w/a friend who uses it religiously. I have been putting it on throughout the day and like some have pointed out..it seems like my lips are still dry/crackling a bit if I don't continue to put it on.

At the dermo's office a couple months ago, I took samples of Aquafor tubes to use for my elbows instead I started putting it on my lips, and I can vouch that this stuff is really good. It's cheap too! When I ended up buying two tubes at Walgreens it was $5ish. Which isn't bad.

Anywho, although the Rosebud salve smells rosey, I don't think it's the best product out there for dry/dry lips. That's just my opinion considering I just have been reapplying this product all day long to keep my lips from chapping...urgh! Aquaphor for me and maybe Rosebud when I want to smell rosey balm.
kareni
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
This struck me as funny. Am reading the thread about ladies using it on their lips, eyelids, etc. -- I put it on my FEET! A little bit goes a long way for dry heels!
obsessedshopper
5% products discount

Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:45 am      Reply with quote
I absolutley hate this stuff. Luckily it wasn't expensive. I hate the smell and I think it irritates my sensitive lips. I can't even bring myself to try and use it any other way, such as for a cuticle creme b/c I hate it so much. I think it is mostly the smell and texture that really put me off.
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:02 am      Reply with quote
i have the rosebud strawberry lip balm, and i quite like it, whenever it feels a bit creasy...

its more nourishing and lasting than other lipbalms in this price range, but the best one i ever tried is the sisley lipbalm...
- you need much less than with other lip balms
- its high shiny
- and feels very nourishing. i dont say "it is", because i think its incis are not that famous..

but its price is, not sure, but maybe 10 times the rosebud's (66 US$)...
Annie B
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Smith's Rosebud Salve has been a favorite of mine for years! I truly feel that it is one of the great multitasking products. I use it as lip balm, cuticle cream, and on dry elbows and heels. It is also great around the nostrils when you have a cold and the skin there dries out from constant tissue use. I use it every morning to tame my eyebrows! The best part is it lasts for a long time and it's pretty inexpensive!
havana8

Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
EDS just added another to their Rosebud collection, the Brambleberry Rose Lip Balm
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/smith-s-brambleberry-rose-p_9198.htm
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
thnx for review!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
Can you literally buy the balm in your average grocery store Smith's or is that jst part of the name?
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:32 am      Reply with quote
cheap and good!
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:20 am      Reply with quote
Hey i received as a gift from EDS too.
Its great you can use it on any dry area Smile
very good healing balm. I Don't use it everyday so haven't had any trouble with my lips drying out.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the review i gotta have this Smile
Remy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Wow I didn't know EDS carried this until now. Now I don't have to travel to Sephora!

Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |