Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Are there any personal pictures of results posted?

forgive me if has been asked.
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote

skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Tired of information ???...Youre our Dermaroller Diva !!! I would still be shaking my head saying "no way am I going to poke holes in my face " without all the info that you have shared. For me at least,Im learning that it takes time.
No quick results.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Coconut wrote:

Coconut, there are no pictures of forum members posted. You can see pics of other people in some of the articles I posted.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29860

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:44 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Coconut wrote:

Coconut, there are no pictures of forum members posted. You can see pics of other people in some of the articles I posted.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29860

Oh wow, Thank you! I'm amazed that a lot of those before and afters are after a single treatment.
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:44 am      Reply with quote
So, I've noticed that you can buy some of these devices on ebay. How does the quality compare? Are they authentic dermarollers?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Coconut wrote:
So, I've noticed that you can buy some of these devices on ebay. How does the quality compare? Are they authentic dermarollers?

Most of the rollers on are either Dr. Rollers or knockoffs...some poeple have bought the super cheap ones and they have arrived with bent needles.

I would suggest that you check out the Discounted Dermarollers thread for roller recommendations and deals:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:18 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I have decided that I am going to do another series of 6 rolls and then decide if I want to continue the torture. And I am only willing to do that because the clincals are so compelling.

This is what I find interesting as well. The clinical results are beyond amazing, so much that I was expecting more rave reviews here. I mean, the procedure you guys are using are the same is the medically supervised, correct?

I was getting super excited after reading those studies, but I don't want to torture myself and potentially do more damage for nothing. Confused
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Coconut, after reading the whole dermaroller thread, it seems to me that those who are getting results have used the dermaroller at least 1 year. I also wanted to say that after re-reading it, it seems that most also say it could be a combination of the roller and the products.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Coconut wrote:
bethany wrote:
I have decided that I am going to do another series of 6 rolls and then decide if I want to continue the torture. And I am only willing to do that because the clincals are so compelling.

This is what I find interesting as well. The clinical results are beyond amazing, so much that I was expecting more rave reviews here. I mean, the procedure you guys are using are the same is the medically supervised, correct?

I was getting super excited after reading those studies, but I don't want to torture myself and potentially do more damage for nothing. Confused

Coconut, I do not consider the home procedure to be the same as a medical procedure (which costs $2500 - $3000 in Miami). When you do it in an office I suspect that you end up with a lot more holes in your skin...in part because someone else is doing the rolling and also because you are probably on pain meds.

They also have very specific protocols for pre and post-treatment, and most people don't follow those protocols exactly.

I do want to mention that this is not something that young people should be considering, unless they have severe acne scarring, and then you would roll ONLY in the scarred areas.

BTW, I saw your post where you said that you used Retin-A Micro under your eyes and developed wrinkles at 19? RA can be very drying, especially if it is a gel version. If you use a hydrating non-comedogenic oil like emu under your eyes, those wrinkles will probably disappear fairly quickly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:10 am      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
Tired of information ???...Youre our Dermaroller Diva !!! I would still be shaking my head saying "no way am I going to poke holes in my face " without all the info that you have shared. For me at least,Im learning that it takes time.
No quick results.

No quick results here either, darn it. Sad

5% products discount

Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I do see a difference in my skin. I am 90 days post roll. I didn't have any really deep wrinkles, but some of the fine lines and small wrinkles have definitely faded. My pores look tighter. My skin looks better in general. It's certainly NOT dramatic, but it's certainly improved. I have been using a new skincare product, so I can't swear it's from rolling, but I'm intrigued enough to continue poking holes in my face (although I'm dragging my feet on my 2nd round of treatments...NOT fun)
I don't think that most of us will achieve the results of a medical roll, but I can't afford a medical roll (or pretty much any other medical procedure Sad , so I'm going to just be patient, and get what I can from rolling...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Tigerlilly wrote:
I don't think that most of us will achieve the results of a medical roll, but I can't afford a medical roll (or pretty much any other medical procedure Sad , so I'm going to just be patient, and get what I can from rolling...

Me too. My conservative approach will take longer to get there, but I am going to keep plugging along and roll every 4-6 weeks.

I shared these on another thread, but thought I would post here too.

Here Dr. Fernandes compares a roll under full anesthesia to a roll with a topical numbing agent...it takes 6 rolls (with topical) to equate to 1 roll under full anethesia. Shock That means that self-rolling is even more than that, since some of us are more pain sensitive and not on pain meds.

Quote:
Dr. Fernandes believes that with topical anesthesia alone one does not get the
concentration of needle holes that we can get with needling done under full local anesthesia.
However, each repeated treatment adds to the treatment before, and by the sixth treatment one has definitely gotten at least as many — and probably more — holes than after one heavy 3 mm needling. We believe this will lead to better results.

Quote:
One does need six to ten treatments. To date, patients are all impressed with the change and many of them say that they would like to do more.

Quote:
We find that we can needle an area [using a 1.0mm roller]for about five minutes, so we do small blocks of tissue. By about 40 minutes we have done the whole face. Because one cannot get the density of holes in one treatment under local anaesthetic, we get the patients to come back every week or two for a total of six treatments.

And here is a quote I missed during a previous read of this article...it doesn't look like breaks may really be necessary.

Quote:
Another exciting bit of information is that research shows that there is no evidence of the formation of scar tissue. You can do needle skin as many times as it takes to get the desired result.

http://www.dermaconcepts.com/2004/environ1mmNeedling1.pdf

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Coconut wrote:
bethany wrote:

Coconut, I do not consider the home procedure to be the same as a medical procedure (which costs $2500 - $3000 in Miami). When you do it in an office I suspect that you end up with a lot more holes in your skin...in part because someone else is doing the rolling and also because you are probably on pain meds.

They also have very specific protocols for pre and post-treatment, and most people don't follow those protocols exactly.

I do want to mention that this is not something that young people should be considering, unless they have severe acne scarring, and then you would roll ONLY in the scarred areas.

BTW, I saw your post where you said that you used Retin-A Micro under your eyes and developed wrinkles at 19? RA can be very drying, especially if it is a gel version. If you use a hydrating non-comedogenic oil like emu under your eyes, those wrinkles will probably disappear fairly quickly.

Thanks! I will definitely try emu oil.

I do have a bit of acne scarring on my upper cheeks, temples and forehead. It is certainly not would I would call severe, but it still bothers me. Do you think it would be unwise to dermaroll my skin in these areas? why do you think it is a bad idea on young skin? can it damage collagen?
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
ljk
rileygirl - needling is like 'subcision', but my form is more crude. I just took a sewing needle to the wrinkle and needled as often as I could stand it.
I hear using diabetic needles (used for testing?) are much better as they are finer. Even if one could get hold of the needles used for tatooing - those are also very fine. If you don't have a lot of wrinkles to use subcision on, this method would work. It's when you want to do a whole area that the roller is better suited. I have about 6 upper lip lines that I want to tackle. I actually had a few more (not as deep) that L2K improved for me, but I have stopped using the F2F since starting the CPs. And, of course - the one that has since flattened out w/ my amatuerish attempt at needling.

Foxe, you inspired me - I just tried this today on my most prominent marionette line, using the smallest gauge diabetic lancet I could find. I followed the typical protocol except that I actually put Neosporin on the area afterwards (does anyone else do that? I'm pretty sure it contains no anti-inflammatories). I bled right away, a good bit more than I expected to and it was somewhat unnerving. As a result I probably didn't needle it as much as I might have otherwise. My only concern is that I may not have made enough wounds to create the "cascade" effect mentioned in the articles Bethany posted. But since I concentrated on just one small area, I'm hoping it won't matter.

CP's don't work for me at all, but I hope that my combination of 302 products, ELS Serum and emu oil will show some results similar to yours. I would LOVE to have this line completely flattened out! If this works well I'm going to spot treat a few other wrinkles on my face and save the 1.5mm roller for my body.

Experienced rollers: any suggestions on what products, besides CP's, would help this line fill in faster? Is what I have good enough?

My current stash is:
302 drops
302 C boost
302 A boost
302 Plus Serum (unused while I finish off the 302 drops)
Skin Actives ELS Serum
emu oil
combination of jojoba/avocado/neem/carrot seed oil
squalane
Collagen Renewal Serum (from Garden of Wisdom)
Retin-A cream .25% <--I don't use this - should I start? It's a lower concentration than is typically used.

The 302 products get rotated and they each get used about 2 or 3 times per week. The oils get used maybe once a week if I take a night off 302, or feel like wearing something during the day, and the Collagen R. S. I only use on my lips or occasionally around my eyes. Maybe the CRS would be a good alternative to CP's...? My homemade oil blend has Neem in it because I've read that it's great for healing, but I feel like I'll probably need a lab-derived active ingredient for this... I don't know if oils/natural ingredients alone will be enough for this kind of remodelling.

Edited to add: I just re-read some of the articles and I see that A and C are ideal for this... now I just have to decide if 302's A & C Boost will do the trick or if I need to spring for a stronger Retin-A and more concentrated C product.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Edited to add: I just re-read some of the articles and I see that A and C are ideal for this... now I just have to decide if 302's A & C Boost will do the trick or if I need to spring for a stronger Retin-A and more concentrated C product.

I would put the A and C on once a day for a week, and try the 302 Plus Serum every other day on the morning....that should be pretty aggressive initially, and then you can go back to your regular schedule.

Keep any anti-inflammatories (like emu) away for a week if you can.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Coconut wrote:
I do have a bit of acne scarring on my upper cheeks, temples and forehead. It is certainly not would I would call severe, but it still bothers me. Do you think it would be unwise to dermaroll my skin in these areas? why do you think it is a bad idea on young skin? can it damage collagen?

You would need to roll to break up the scar tissue, and younger skin should respond very quickly in those areas.

However, there is no need (or value) to subject non-scarred tissue to that, because your wrinkles sound like dehydration instead of REAL wrinkles.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Whew Shock I finnally did my second roll on my tummy and thighs. Then sprayed on some Vitamin C. It stung a little but I got the job done Very Happy I think the longer rollers dont feel as bad on the body as they do on the face. I was able to roll aggressivley in many spots. I feel a little irritated now but Im sure it will pass.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thyckecutie wrote:
Whew Shock I finnally did my second roll on my tummy and thighs. Then sprayed on some Vitamin C. It stung a little but I got the job done Very Happy I think the longer rollers dont feel as bad on the body as they do on the face. I was able to roll aggressivley in many spots. I feel a little irritated now but Im sure it will pass.

Thyke,

Take a look at this link....this doctor uses rolling to tighten loose skin after liposuction. His prices are below:

Quote:
The roller is purchased by the patient and is theirs to keep if other areas are treated in the future and is $300.00. The cost for six sessions of Micro-Needling depends on the surface area to be treated. An area the size of the inner thighs (both included) would be $600.00, or $100.00 per session. The abdominal area would be $900.00, or $150.00 per session. The neck/chin area would be $300.00 for 6 sessions.

http://www.drlaliposculpt.com/9.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Can I use this as Vitamin A? Vitamin A (retinol palmitate)

http://www.makingcosmetics.com/index1.html
Thyckecutie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Thyckecutie wrote:

Thyke,

Take a look at this link....this doctor uses rolling to tighten loose skin after liposuction. His prices are below:

Quote:
The roller is purchased by the patient and is theirs to keep if other areas are treated in the future and is $300.00. The cost for six sessions of Micro-Needling depends on the surface area to be treated. An area the size of the inner thighs (both included) would be $600.00, or $100.00 per session. The abdominal area would be $900.00, or $150.00 per session. The neck/chin area would be $300.00 for 6 sessions.

http://www.drlaliposculpt.com/9.html

Thanks!! Shock Expensive for me. Hopefully I can get ok results on my own. I am using it for mostly scaring. Tightening would be a big plus!!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thyckecutie wrote:

Thanks!! Shock Expensive for me. Hopefully I can get ok results on my own. I am using it for mostly scaring. Tightening would be a big plus!!!

I figured you would appreciate how much you were saving!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:10 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Thyckecutie wrote:

I figured you would appreciate how much you were saving!

And that I do Very Happy Thanks Beth.

Wow my thighs dont feel good today. Even when I was sleep it was uncomfortable. Like I had rubber burn or something Shock I think I did a great roll.
Thyckecutie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:12 am      Reply with quote
And just to note that this Dr. Roller left no imprints in my body what so ever or cause no bad bumps or irritations. I definatly will not be cheap when it comes to buying a roller. I did make a mistake and left my roller in alcohol for 2 hours while I was talking on the phone Crying or Very sad Only happened once. I hope I didnt damage it Mad
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Do you think there is potential that you may damage/deplete fat layers when rolling with longer needles? I just remember all of those terrible thermage stories!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |