Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
2mm!!! - wow that sounds great - most likely more ouch factor. I am loving my 1.5mm one. When I use this one my skin is SUPER UBER smooth than if I use the smaller one. many thanks Carol for the link - will email them. Smile
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'll be interested in the 2mm too! My pain tolerance has increased so I don't use a topical anesthetic anymore with the 1.5--2 can't be that much worse.

My poor husband-one of these days he is going to come home to find me rolling my face with butcher knives! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Robin
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
kyplantjunkie - did you ever use the dermaroller with Obagi? I still have been too nervous to do that yet but was curious if you had and what your results were?
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
kyplantjunkie wrote:
I'll be interested in the 2mm too! My pain tolerance has increased so I don't use a topical anesthetic anymore with the 1.5--2 can't be that much worse.
My poor husband-one of these days he is going to come home to find me rolling my face with butcher knives! Rolling Eyes
Robin

You always make me laugh Robin. Laughing Had me Rolling Eyes
I have emailed funkd77 - see if he replies. Smile
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Robin[/quote]
You always make me laugh Robin. Laughing Had me Rolling Eyes
I have emailed funkd77 - see if he replies. Smile[/quote]
Meant to be: Had me rolling with laughter. Laughing
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl- As a matter of fact, I have, within the last week, started using the obagi blender mixed with retin-A after rolling. My order of applicationis
Roll
Candy's Triple c serum
obagi/retin-a
candy's firming serum to deep wrinkles
I might be fooling myself, but I think this has faded the splotchy sun damage from this summer. Last winter, I did the obagi regime, then had several Photofacials with levulan- all to even out my skin tone. So, when I started getting some color on my face this year- despite using #70 sunblock, and wearing a ridiculously large visor; I thought I'd try some of the left over obagi blender. I think I'll continue for about another week, then back off the obagi until I need it again. At the same time, I'm needling my white scars with the roller, and occasionally (maybe once a month) go at them with the diabetic lancets. So, for these areas I'm trying to get pigment to return. It's actually gradually working- so I don't want to inhibit the melanin on those spots. I hope that helps somewhat.
Robin

I'm simply a goddess by the time I'm ready for bed Rolling Eyes
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the reply, kyplantjunkie! Love your goddess statement! Laughing
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:34 am      Reply with quote
i've searched on ebay over the last week and i'm not seeing any of the manufactured brands mentioned and recommended on this thread - just a few that look like cheap copies (this might be because i'm uk-based so only the sellers willing to post to the uk are appearing on my searches).

this is a long thread so apologies if i'm asking for information that has already been supplied, but if someone can recommend a website where they got a good price for a good item, i'd be very grateful!
MichelleH
5% products discount

Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Anyone have any thoughts on this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Derma-Roller-Golden-Skin-Roller_W0QQitemZ270147944918QQihZ017QQcategoryZ33164QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I hope I did that right. I've just starting considering this, but am still a bit chicken.

Michelle
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
MichelleH wrote:
Anyone have any thoughts on this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Derma-Roller-Golden-Skin-Roller_W0QQitemZ270147944918QQihZ017QQcategoryZ33164QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I hope I did that right. I've just starting considering this, but am still a bit chicken.

Michelle

i saw that too ... looks a bit suspiciously inexpensive to me! i'm hoping to find a seller for some of the brands mentioned in this thread.
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I just looked at it. The roller itself looks comparable to the rollers I have. What would concern me, is that this seller is brand new, and has no % of satisfied or unsatisfied customers.
MichelleH
5% products discount

Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, that is what is holding me back from buying it, even though I guess everyone needs to start somewhere. It just sounds too good to be true!

Michelle
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Make sure you visit their website.
I have contacted them and they sell only the home use one, only goes 0,02mm if I am not wrong. It is a "light weight". I really want to get the 0,5mm minimum for product absorption and everyday use and the 1,5mm to 2mm for a monthly use.
BTW they have a 3mm! That is the BIG GUN!!!!
Hope we can get one soon!
Cheers!
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
BTW they have a 3mm! That is the BIG GUN!!!!Hope we can get one soon!Cheers!

3mm!!! Gosh what's next 5mm? 10mm? butcher knives? Laughing
So I got an email from the 1.5mm roller seller - Funkd77. This was his reply - hes from Thailand but you get the idea:
Hello...
This time i cann't sell online because have a problem wtih another sell that my friend used and make some problem to me..
If you really want 1.5 skin roller.. And you trust me you can send money to my email by PayPal 124 us$ and then i will send 1.5 to you..
Just tell me your address.. and your name..

Many thanks

Let me know if anyone is interested and I will PM you his email address.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hello to all,

Still doing my homework at dermaroller and found something interesting at:

www dot dermaroller dot de/CIT-findings dot htm

It is a quite long articled so I just copy and paste the interesting part:

NEEDLES & NEEDLE LENGTH

When we started with the development of Dermarollers for trans-dermal delivery we focused on 1 important condition: No injury, no epithelial damage. The use of tiny hollow injection needles was out of question, because their tips are sharp like a knife and would set wounds and scars, also they are too thick (0.4 mm). We concen-trated on the fact that the surface of a surgical needle is an ideal carrier to transport substances into deeper skin layers.

The theory expounded by some experts ‘the longer the needle the better’, is not supported by scientific evidence! After evaluation of all of the biopsies in Dr Schwarz’s study, new collagen fibers were only found close to the corium and not deeper than 0.5 to 0.6 mm. Although the Dermaroller model MF8 has 1.5 mm long needles, no significant new collagen and elastin formation could be found in the sub-dermal tissue. It may be possible that longer needles may have a higher electrical potential, but needles longer than 1.5 mm increase the risk to damage nerves and vessels, and this again will result in haematomas and possible nerve paralysis.

What do you think?
Any users of both 0,5mm or less and 1,5mm or more can compare both products and results?

Thanks
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I have been hesitating a lot about posting this here or not.
I want to make very CLEAR (before anybody jumps on me) that I have no vinculation with any seller nor profit by doing this.
It happens that I have been so excited about the dermaroller and other devices that I have been talking with many of my friends about it.
It happens that one of them (well her boyfriend's sister to be more exact) works in this field.
It happens that she has heard about the dermaroller and has contacted few suppliers to test the products (apparently they do that everytime before launching something new in the market)
The great thing is that today I got a voice mail telling me that if I want to get some skin rollers I just have to ask! Isn't it great???
As far as I know they are going to test some product that goes from 0,02mm to the 0,3mm ones.
She mentioned something about the supplier being able to sell some samples first.
Thant means that i can get the pro version!
I have to tell her how many units i want (by the moment only 2: the 0,5mm and the 1,5mm) I have read somewhere that going deeper could cause some breaking capilares and I am not willing to take that risk. But maybe the super big one is great for te body!
I am out of the States and don't know the exact price yet, she said that they will know the final price depending on how many units they get. I have been the past 3 hours in the telephone with some of my friends that want to try it too.
I just want to let you know that if somebody is really desperate to get a roller I might be able to get it and ship it to the States, but I cannot warranty it by now. I will call her tomorrow and get some more info about the brand, the price and if it is possible to squeeze few more in the order. My friends only want to try the smaller one. I guess that by now I am so used to read your comments that I am not scared anymore, but I have to recognize that when I first heard about it sounded quite medieval torturing device:lol:
Also I would like to ask to the users wich roller has gotten better results? Has anybody tried the 2mm? Any suggestion? How long they last?
Should I get a couple of each to have replacements if I want to use it in the body as well? (I really want to use it in knees, elbows and hands to make an experiment)
Thanks for your patience!
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I did it!
I was able to get only 5 units for me and my friends. It is the maximum she let me order through her. Sorry if I get somebody excited about it!
Good news is that she promised that if they order more in the future she will let me know.
Bad news is that it could take a month. On August everything is closed here because of vacation! Hate it!
oh, well!
I will keep you posted.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
WoW! Glad I listened to this Forum: I'm liking the combination of the Dermaroller, the L&R serum and EyeTx and the BabyQ afterward.

Really impressive improvement in tone, moisture and softening of lines in a short time: 3 wks.
Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Any people hear using the roller on areas wher they have had Botox?
I have the heavy duty one which i am using on my hands chest and neck but I have ordered the L&R one and intend to use that on my face. I had botox last week to my forehead and crowsfeet and wonder if its ok to use the Dermaroller over this.
Any experiences?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
Any people hear using the roller on areas wher they have had Botox?
I have the heavy duty one which i am using on my hands chest and neck but I have ordered the L&R one and intend to use that on my face. I had botox last week to my forehead and crowsfeet and wonder if its ok to use the Dermaroller over this.
Any experiences?

I have Botox in my forehead and use a 1.5mm roller. I haven't experienced any problems at all.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
Any users of both 0,5mm or less and 1,5mm or more can compare both products and results?

Thanks

I have the 1.5mm roller bought on Ebay and the .75mm Novaderm roller. To be honest, I think they both do a comparable job. If you can't get your hands on the 1.5mm one, I'd go for the .75mm one from Novaderm.
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I now have a leaf and rusher smaller roller and have been using on the nasolabial lines and my forehead. This morning I woke with 3 blind pimples on my chin and mouth corners. Haven't had a pimple for 10 years Confused so not happy.
Also using Vit c and for 1 month and retin A for 3 months with no problems.
Anyone else had breakouts with the roller?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
No breakouts here, but the L&R products seem to have a fair amount of 'cones in them, so if you're using any of that, maybe it could cause breakouts...
Just wanted to mention the cheesy DVD that comes with the L&R Dermaroller - lol what a HOOT! Sort of like a home video done in a Dr's office. Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in me, but hey! I'm using it! Seems like a nifty little tool so far.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Just an update on my 1.5mm roller bought on Ebay: The outer needles are getting a little bent from all the use so I have to straighten them up before use - the needles are really quite pliable. However, considering that the roller is supposed to be a "once-use" only I can't complain. I think the .75mm roller from Novaderm is sturdier, although smaller - the needles seems much stronger. I am now applying sea kelp bioferment after rolling, leave it on for 15 mins then wipe off with a little water. This leaves my skin looking so smooth. BTW, I have never had a breakout from using the roller.
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
GREAT NEWS GUYS!
I just got an email from Funkd77 - the original thailand 1.5mm skinroller seller and he is back up and running on ebay. Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/WRINKLES-ACNE-SCARS-FACE-OR-BODY-SKIN-ROLLER-RARE-1-5-M_W0QQitemZ330158296161QQihZ014QQcategoryZ29618QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Also I too have not had a breakout form using the roller.
Dips
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |