Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Ha ha I must say Zenity you freaked me out when I read 2cm! Made me think of an awful Japanese horror film I saw once ... Shock

The things we do for beauty Rolling Eyes Laughing
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
After reading all eleven or so pages on this post, I've been sucked into another miracle treatment vortex. Rolling Eyes I'm ready to buy. My question for the experts: Can I start using with the 1mm roller?--and if so, how often can I or should I use it?

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
After reading all eleven or so pages on this post, I've been sucked into another miracle treatment vortex. Rolling Eyes I'm ready to buy. My question for the experts: Can I start using with the 1mm roller?--and if so, how often can I or should I use it?

I started off using the 1.5mm roller once a week, but I did apply some numbing cream first. Initially, my face and neck would turn quite red. I'm now rolling twice a week and not using the numbing cream. My neck still goes a little red but fades quite quickly. I love the look my skin has the day after rollering and I really believe my skin is thickening up. My daughter recently returned from overseas (she hadn't seen me for 6 months) and the first thing she said was "Oh my God Mum, what have you done to your skin, you look great!" So, she has now become a skin needling fanatic too!!
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
My daughter recently returned from overseas (she hadn't seen me for 6 months) and the first thing she said was "Oh my God Mum, what have you done to your skin, you look great!" So, she has now become a skin needling fanatic too!!

And after seeing your picture, I understand how she became one. You look absolutely great!

How long have you been using the roller?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Cadia, that's really sweet. I've been needling for about 6 months. When I first started I was quite tentative but now I absolutely go for it - although I still think that its quite an unpleasant thing to do to oneself! However, as I've said on other threads I think its a case of "No pain, no gain".

I should also mention that after needling I apply SKB like a mask and lightly wipe it off after about 30 mins with a little mild toner.
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Thank you Cadia, that's really sweet. I've been needling for about 6 months. When I first started I was quite tentative but now I absolutely go for it - although I still think that its quite an unpleasant thing to do to oneself! However, as I've said on other threads I think its a case of "No pain, no gain".

I should also mention that after needling I apply SKB like a mask and lightly wipe it off after about 30 mins with a little mild toner.

Just honest Smile

And very tempted. It must be great for hands too?
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Cadia, it is great for hands!
I am using 1mm for my hands and can't wait to start using it for my face and neck
I totally love it! I am going to start using it too in elbows and knees. I have some sagging issues on "phase 1" that i want to stop to go to phase 2.

I think the dermaroller is just great.
My sister is so impressed with it that for the first time in 20 years cannot wait for the summer to wear a bikini and show her belly free of stretch marks to the world! yeeeeeeeaaaahhhh baby!
The side effect to her is a more taunt and thicken skin in the areas we have been working on, plus on her hips cellulite is dramatically reduced.
Really, this thing is absolutely doing wonders for her.
I am thinking on buying more of the professional rollers I have while I still have the chance. This things are quite expensive even in ebay and I really got a deal with them.
Wink

Keep rolling girls this is getting better and better!
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Okay, for the ones that still consider this thing as a torture machine let me add my two cents:
- if you use ice bags to the area previous treatment the "stinging" sensation will be reduced. If you use it after will help with redness and to calm down the skin. Also an azulene mask will help a lot.
-As some member as mentioned before a good option to start with is numbing cream.
- I have been doing dry skin brushing on my sister previous the needling and that made the trick too on the begining (now she is so used that doesn't really bother her any more)

If you have ever use wax to shave your body you might remember how unpleasant was the sensation at first and how fast you got used to it.
This is the same, at some point you don't feel that "pain". Your body gets used to it. It is more a stinging sensation.

I have to confess that I was a bit scared when I first read about this but after trying it I was surprised: it was more painful in my mind that in my skin!

Good rolling!
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Well, I'm convinced - unfortunately Laughing

Zenity, any chance you would want to come to Norway and pretend to be my sister for a while? Pray

Funny what this board does to me. I never would have believed that I would feel envious of someone because they have a sister who rolls their body with sharp needles, but now I do. She's a lucky girl! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I guess ebay is the only place to get hold of a 1 or 1,5mm if one's not lucky enough to know someone in the business. Still, it doesn't seem as such a bad deal after seeing that they can be used more than 6 times Smile (Yep, I finally read the whole thread Embarassed )
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I'm one who experiments (for better or worse). Anyway, I have one V E R Y
noticeable acne scar on my chin. I've been treating it myself by taking a tiny sterilized needle, dipping it in my TCA and sticking it in my scar as deep as I can. Then, I take a q-tip dipped in the TCA and rub it in. I've only done it maybe half a dozen times. What do you guys think? Is this a good idea or not?
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Mars...I can't answer your question...this is all new to me....but I have some questions of my own for some of the experts. I bought the 1mm off Ebay (don't have it yet.) I didn't realize it was only good for 6 uses. Is there any way to stretch that? I'm thinking maybe I need to get the less heavy duty one to start on my face and work up to the 1mm. Any thoughts on this? Also, would appreciate suggestions on what active besides Retin A or C Serum, to put on after the process?

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Mars...I can't answer your question...this is all new to me....but I have some questions of my own for some of the experts. I bought the 1mm off Ebay (don't have it yet.) I didn't realize it was only good for 6 uses. Is there any way to stretch that? I'm thinking maybe I need to get the less heavy duty one to start on my face and work up to the 1mm. Any thoughts on this? Also, would appreciate suggestions on what active besides Retin A or C Serum, to put on after the process?

Don't stress, the roller can be used many times. Occasionally I have found that one of the needles gets bent, if this happens I just pull the bent needle out with a pair of pliers. Also, I don't think you'll have any trouble starting off with the 1mm roller.

Definitely don't put Vitamin C on after rolling - it would sting like hell and Retin-A is ok only for those whose skin is used to it. I would go for a good antioxidant serum - I use Skinactive's Lets Make Collagen but there are lots to choose from. Emu oil is great to put on top of the serum and is also very soothing.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu...Great to know that I can just go ahead and start with the 1mm. Will I be able to go out in public the next day? I have also been researching the beta oat thing you mentioned in your PM to me. Where do you get that?

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Keliu...Great to know that I can just go ahead and start with the 1mm. Will I be able to go out in public the next day? I have also been researching the beta oat thing you mentioned in your PM to me. Where do you get that?

The next day you may still be a little red, that's all - if anything, your skin will probably be glowing.

In my PM I think I said I use Sea Kelp Bioferment, not Oat Beta Glucan. I get the SKB from NCN Skincare. Its a bit like a mask in that when applied to the skin, it dries then after about 30 mins I wipe it off with a damp cotton pad. SKB is supposed to be the "miracle" ingredient in Crme de la Mer.
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Mars - I know dips18 used a dermaroller and tca for some pigmentation issues with good results. I know it's not exactly the same, but maybe still of interest to you?

If you haven't seen it, here it is:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24571&highlight
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity, or anyone who may know... are there any 2mm ones for cheaper than $490? That's how much they are on ebay right now.
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Anomaly, I found a Corean medical business making some called Dr. Roller. They look good to me, but if anyone know otherwise, please tell me.

http://www.moohanfa.co.kr/

And about the price - it's very good Very Happy

ETA: You have to contact them for details, but they reply quickly.
AZGirl
5% products discount

Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I found one on ebay for $199 for 2.5mm and $179 for the 2.0.
Just got mine and used it saturday without numbing cream. (the 2.0 mm). Do not try this at home. lol That was the worst pain ever but makes Retin A work so well that your face peels off over the course of days.
Next time, numbing cream and definitely not .10% Retin A.
I'm still trying to get the peeling to stop.
I just love my Dr. Roller.

Lori
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
AZGirl wrote:

I just love my Dr. Roller.

Lori

Thanks Lori! I am so glad to hear that! It feels a lot better to know they are good before ordering my bunch Very Happy

(As placing the order is a bit circumstantial, I figured I'd shop a few different lengths at once)

I didn't see them on ebay, but it's good to know it's possible to get them there if mr. Choi suddenly decides to stand me up Smile
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Way cheaper!!
Google, or search on Oz ebay, for
clearskincare
Theirs is $120.
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
hi i just bought a novaderm (clearskincare) roller for AUD50 on e-Bay! i think the seller has another one or two on sale.
it's .75mm, but i'm hoping to start slow! (OK, OK I admit I'm a crybaby when it comes to pain!) Laughing
stretchmarks, pack yer bags!!!
AZGirl
5% products discount

Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
csssciencelab0829 This is the seller on ebay. I would definitely buy from him again.
I got mine in 3 days. Couldn't wait to get rolling. It's going to take 2 weeks to get the EMLA cream so I thought I'd try without. Now I'll have to wait another week to do it again.
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
cahoot wrote:
hi i just bought a novaderm (clearskincare) roller for AUD50 on e-Bay! i think the seller has another one or two on sale.
it's .75mm, but i'm hoping to start slow! (OK, OK I admit I'm a crybaby when it comes to pain!) Laughing
stretchmarks, pack yer bags!!!

Thanks for the "heads up". I ordered one too. What a good price (CAD45). I agree, .75mm is plenty for me, another crybaby here.
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:59 am      Reply with quote
hi debster, glad to help!
i can't wait to get rolling, so i can at least be the crybaby with baby soft and smooth skin like buttah!! Laughing
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Questions for you dermarollers Smile:

- How does this fit in with your daily/weekly protocol? How many times per week - to start? or once your skin is accustomed to it?

- Does it come with instructions?

- What is the numbing cream? brand? type? etc.?

- What kind of improvement are you seeing?
wrinkle reduction?
reduced sagging (firming?)?

Any other information is much appreciated!

BF
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |