Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Quick question for all that use a numbing cream. I am gearing up next week for as deep of a roll as I can stand as it will be my last for at least 6 months. So my question, after you apply the numbing cream, you wash it off before you roll or does it stay on the skin during the roll?

My understanding is that you WIPE off the cream, not wash it off. But others might have another opinion.

Yep...I agree with wiping!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Rileygirl, for that info. Also, good luck for that big roll.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Ok, this may be a silly question but is there a post somewhere that might summarize the most popular tips in this thread?

I have been following and reading page by page, but I must say I am getting lost.

Thanks, BF
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I have used numbing cream in the past and I have tried to roll as aggressively as I can using a 1.5mm roller but I also have never bled extensively. I've also tried using allot of pressure but only get a small number of bloody pin-pricks, however, the instructions that come with the roller advise not to press too hard. I've also rolled over the one area numerous times, not just the recommended five times and still have not had the reaction that Bethany has. My daughter also uses a roller and has pretty much the same results as myself.

Just another observation: I have two rollers, 1.5 and 0.5. I LOVE using the 0.5, I find it stimulating and it doesn't hurt at all. However, I HATE using the 1.5, it hurts real bad and is an unpleasant experience. So therefore, I must be getting allot more penetration with the 1.5 even though I still don't bleed much.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:11 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Thanks Bethany. I have the Emla cream so I will grit my teeth and try just one undereye (it's the sides of my eyes that I cannot access with the roller). From what I am hearing from PSs and Derms, only new elastin will help the skin under my eyes. Apparently, we can't make more elastin after the age of 12 or so. I've just been reading a little about this Dermalastyl product that apparently reactivates the spent elastin fibres. It sounds interesting but then so does everything!

Antonia could you pull the skin from the sides of the eyes out abit so you can get to it?

And is that product Dermalastyl the one that Dr Yang was talking about? He didn't name it in the thread.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:21 am      Reply with quote
Hello there, No I can't pull it out. (I wish, Smile) I have very deep set eyes with deep clefts travelling outwards to the temples. It's rather apelike. Most of the wrinkling however is under the lower lid and I can reach it with the Dermaroller. Dr. Y. recommended the Obagi Elastoderm. I'm assuming the cream and not the eye stuff, which appears to be mostly silicones and copolymer. I'm not going to get that one. I'm looking at the Relastin and the Dermalastyl.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:13 am      Reply with quote
[b][i]sorry its taking me so long to post im still on page 77,im trying to catch up lol,my computer broke and i jst recently got a new one.

im using the dr roller for my stretchmarks & worry line on my forehead. i roll every 6 weeks,i did my3rd roll last week.
i think i did it harder this time because it really burned this time afterwards,and itched.

they don't seem to stay inflamed for long,but they do stay pink for at least a week (my stretchmarks are 7 yrs old & white/silvery). i use emu oil & strivectin sd after my roll.so far no real results

but as for my forehead line its definitely looking much better,but i also use neutrogena healthy skin rejuvenator blue puffs,they work with the microdermabrasion system. i use that ever other day.

i do notice my worry line wrinkled badly after the rolls,actually my whole face looked bad,(I'm also using a 2mm roller,i couldn't afford any other ones,but i do my face lightly) but it does look much better now.

if anyone's had any results on stretchmarks please post,that's what i'm trying to get rid of the most.

Bethany-you said there is no chance of scaring wth rolls,does that mean i can do it more often to get quicker results,or is waiting every 6 weeks better?
betsyaida
5% products discount

Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:40 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I was on this site that has all these awesome natural remedies for everything and anything you can think of and when I read this I though OMG I wonder if any dermarollers would be brave enough to try a clove tincture or oil for numbing. It is also supposed to be antiseptic or antibiotic in nature.

Here is the link where I got it:http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/cloves.html

Anyways this is what it said:

Cloves for numbing: When my son was 6 he had a horrific tumble off his bicycle. His beautiful face was embedded with rough gravel and sand. I calmed him by reminding him to breath; in/out in/out. I reminded him how much I love him & asked if he had faith in his mommy... I honestly told him this tincture would sting like crazy, but only for a couple of seconds, then all the pain would be gone. I told him it would hurt less if he screamed as loud as he could while I dabbed it on... and then I told him I would scream with him, which he thought was hilarious. I had him pour the clove tincture onto the wash cloth, then I told him to take in a deep breath for a good long scream and with wash cloth at the ready...

He did. I did. A minute later he was laughing as I plucked gravel out of his face with tweezers. Spike is 24 now, he has no scars from this crash & burn, but good memories of how to calm a panicked child."

The clove tincture is good also for humans: for a painfully sore throat; gargle as deeply down in the throat as possible, I recommend not swallowing this.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:54 am      Reply with quote
My mother used to put Oil of Cloves on our gums and tooth when we had a toothache, I can't remember it stinging though - it's a very old remedy. How it would go as a numbing potion I don't know.
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Betsy,thats so cute...what a wise and fun Mom you are. Ive used the clove oil,not tincture for painful gums.And its so Christmasy smelling Very Happy
Where is our Bethany ???? We know she will try anything ????
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Fox wrote:
How long does it take for your skin to recover from this? When I read these threads and I hear about blood and swelling for days I try to imagine explaining that to my family. What do you tell people or isn't it long lasting?

Fox, the recovery time varies a LOT from one person to the next. Some people recover almost immediately, and show very little skin trauma after intense rolls with long needles.. others, like myself, have at least a week of swelling, redness, peeling even with shorter needles (the swelling goes down after a few days, the redness/peeling hang on forever).

As for my family, they do indeed think I'm nuts. lol

Fox, I fall in the same camp as Low....I am red and puffy for a week.

BTW, rolling is definitely not necessary for younger people unless they are getting rid of deep acne scars. (you are in your early 20's, right?)

Right Smile I'm not interested in the dermaroller for myself (I'd be too paranoid I'd swell up and make a mess if I did it on my own) but it's interesting hearing you all talk about it.

I always find myself wondering if you have to go into "hiding" for awhile after a rolling session due to the swelling. Then I thought some of you have kids and go to work, so I wondered how you explained the "in between" phase to people. Some of the pictures posted look pretty drastic and scary to someone who hasn't seen it in real life before, so that's why I asked.

Just reading your comments didn't give me a clear image of what you did afterwards, how you recovered and what people must think if you do have serious inflammation.

I'm much more of a DIY-cleanser-and-face-cream girl at this point Laughing

What drew you all to dermarolling? Were you ever scared of it? What made you take the plunge to actually do it?

Come to think of it, when I had thick deep red scar tissue around the middle of my spine (some of the vertebrae there had sublaxed - very painful) my massage therapist recommended "picking" the area regularly with a pin to get the scarring to go away and the feeling to come back. It did start to fade after two years of regular massage, and my spine straightened again, but I always thought if it ever came back I'd try pricking it.
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
This is off topic but dermarolling reminds me of bee venom therapy. People used to be stung with actual bees but nowadays they use bee venom and needles. It was used for everything from anti-aging, various skin conditions, pain management and even someone's crossed eye.

It worked in a similar way as the dermaroller in that it provoked an intense healing response in the patient/client. Aaaanyway. Thought you dermarollers might find that interesting Cool
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
betsyaida wrote:
Okay, I was on this site that has all these awesome natural remedies for everything and anything you can think of and when I read this I though OMG I wonder if any dermarollers would be brave enough to try a clove tincture or oil for numbing. It is also supposed to be antiseptic or antibiotic in nature.

Here is the link where I got it:http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/cloves.html

Anyways this is what it said:

Cloves for numbing: When my son was 6 he had a horrific tumble off his bicycle. His beautiful face was embedded with rough gravel and sand. I calmed him by reminding him to breath; in/out in/out. I reminded him how much I love him & asked if he had faith in his mommy... I honestly told him this tincture would sting like crazy, but only for a couple of seconds, then all the pain would be gone. I told him it would hurt less if he screamed as loud as he could while I dabbed it on... and then I told him I would scream with him, which he thought was hilarious. I had him pour the clove tincture onto the wash cloth, then I told him to take in a deep breath for a good long scream and with wash cloth at the ready...

He did. I did. A minute later he was laughing as I plucked gravel out of his face with tweezers. Spike is 24 now, he has no scars from this crash & burn, but good memories of how to calm a panicked child."

The clove tincture is good also for humans: for a painfully sore throat; gargle as deeply down in the throat as possible, I recommend not swallowing this.

I second clove oil! I used it on a painful cat scratch, when I had braces, mouth ulcers and if I bite my lip by mistake. Tastes vile though Laughing

It can also plump your lips up a treat if you put it on before your lip gloss.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Ok, this may be a silly question but is there a post somewhere that might summarize the most popular tips in this thread?

I have been following and reading page by page, but I must say I am getting lost.

Thanks, BF

BF, unfortunately there is not. One day I need to write a dermarolling overview.

What I generally recommend is that people read the last 20 pages, and the first 5 or so of the articles in the CIT/Dermarolling articles thread. If you don't understand how it REALLY works, you will find yourself doing things incorrectly and then asking why you don't see results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Fox, I was drawn to it because it seemed like a less risky way of creating deliberate skin damage (to be filled in with new collagen) than the Fraxel laser, which creates channels of damage. However, I don't dare go as deep as Bethany and others, so I hope that the more superficial piercing will enable my serums and what-not to penetrate deeper. What bothers me about the laser is the risk of fat loss. Although this has been more commonly documented for Thermage, I'm still a little leery of non-ablative lasers in general. I'm finding that my skin looks very taut and glowy after use of the dermaroller and BQ for just over two weeks (at least my cheeks, forehead, chin and jaw). The undereyes remain the same at the moment.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Well I did my first dermaroll last night and Fox the reason I did it was mainly for scarring and also hopefully to refine my pores.

We didn't get in until late as we had been to the panto, but I was determined to do it Neutral

I first cleansed using my 302 cleanser then applied my emla and put clingfilm over my face. What a sight, my son came into the bedroom and thought I had lost the plot Embarassed I am afraid in my eagerness I only waited about 20 mins, which is about the time it took to read my ageless if you dare and do my facial exercises Very Happy

I then wiped the cream off with a damp flannel and used an antibacterial wipe before dermarolling. I rolled over my face, neck, decollete and hands.

I used a 1.5 mm roller and found it most sensitive on the nose and close to the nose. When I saw the roller I thought that's not bad will easily be able to put up with it, but must admit I found it quite sore and couldn't tell I had used emla or if it had done anything, perhpas should have left it a little longer.

Whe I had finished rolling I did have a few blood spots near the forehead and round nose and chin, and I was very very red. I rinsed for a while and then waited 30 mins and put 302 plus serum on, not sure if something else may have been better, I am hoping to infill some of my scars?

My husband was pretty shocked when he came to bed, he is another one who thinks if it isn't broke don't fix it, but I say there is always room for improvement.

My face was pretty stingy and hot and felt quite tight. Today it is not red but still a bit stingy and feels very tight.

I will have another go at this maybe mid week or next week and update again.

Thanks for all the advice on here girls Razz
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Just a quick question to all you expert roller girls, is it normal for skin to feel so tight the next day and still a bit stingy? I also wondered whether I can use my led the next day or if you are supposed to leave it a couple of days as I know I have read that inflammation is good and you are not meant to use the prolight to take it down, but I wondered if the next day was ok, I should mention that I am not red now though.
Jeffiner13
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
You definitely wipe the cream off. I had lasering done and I washed the emla off and it stung so bad.

I am interested about this dermaroller. What exactly does it do? Bethany, I saw your pics and that looks extremely painful. I don't image me doing something like that to myself or even having something like that done.

What does it look like after?
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Sooo...
I received my emla in the mail last week and patiently waited for my new Dr Rollers to arrive. They did, yesterday arvo, yay!

So I've just finished rolling my arms and hands. I've never had so much blood as I did today. The emla is awsome. Now I didn't put it on as thick as I know I should but I didn't want to use it all up in one go. I only used it on my upper arms and decided to grit my teeth with the hands and lower arms.

I did the hands and lower arms while I had the upper arms wrapped in cling wrap. I pressed sooo hard and it KILLED. Lots of blood, way more than ever before. But I visualised lovely smooth skin on my arms to get through it.

The upper arms were a breeze. It felt so wierd to be numb. Now I think it was probably because I didn't do the emla very thick, but it started to wear off about half way through each arm. But I'd done the cross pattern and only had to get through the star bit, so it was fine. And it was only wearing off, not completely gone till nearly the end. So I'd done the painful inner arms first while there was still some numbness.

So now I'm on a roll. Laughing
I've decided to keep going and am now sitting here with emla and wrap on my neck and chest. But I think I'll leave my face till tomorrow. Shouldn't take too long to do the neck and chest so don't expect the emla to wear off during it. I'll do the neck first while leaving the wrap on my chest.

So off to roll now.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:29 am      Reply with quote
Can someone tell me how to upload photos here please? I've taken a couple of pics of my chest which I've just rolled and have no idea how to go about it.
TIA.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Sooo...
I received my emla in the mail last week and patiently waited for my new Dr Rollers to arrive. They did, yesterday arvo, yay!

So I've just finished rolling my arms and hands. I've never had so much blood as I did today. The emla is awsome. Now I didn't put it on as thick as I know I should but I didn't want to use it all up in one go. I only used it on my upper arms and decided to grit my teeth with the hands and lower arms.

I did the hands and lower arms while I had the upper arms wrapped in cling wrap. I pressed sooo hard and it KILLED. Lots of blood, way more than ever before. But I visualised lovely smooth skin on my arms to get through it.

The upper arms were a breeze. It felt so wierd to be numb. Now I think it was probably because I didn't do the emla very thick, but it started to wear off about half way through each arm. But I'd done the cross pattern and only had to get through the star bit, so it was fine. And it was only wearing off, not completely gone till nearly the end. So I'd done the painful inner arms first while there was still some numbness.

So now I'm on a roll. Laughing
I've decided to keep going and am now sitting here with emla and wrap on my neck and chest. But I think I'll leave my face till tomorrow. Shouldn't take too long to do the neck and chest so don't expect the emla to wear off during it. I'll do the neck first while leaving the wrap on my chest.

So off to roll now.

Hey Mishey....(you are the "mishey" I know aren't you from oz??)How are you??

ANyway, where did you get the Emla cheaply enough to use it on your arms etc? I would love to do this, but have always considered it too expensive...???

cheers

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:23 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
Hey Mishey....(you are the "mishey" I know aren't you from oz??)How are you??

ANyway, where did you get the Emla cheaply enough to use it on your arms etc? I would love to do this, but have always considered it too expensive...???

cheers

rebecca

Hi there Rebecca. Yes it's me. Where've you been? Haven't seen you post much lately.

I got the Emla at chemistdirect.com
It was expensive at $65 but the cheapest I could find. It's cheaper to get overseas, but with our $ the way it is and the high shipping costs it works out about the same in price. Ships alot quicker to buy here in Oz.

That's why I didn't want to put it on so thick at that price. But it still worked pretty well. And I figured if I had to buy a tube of emla for every face, neck, chest and arms roll, it's still a very cheap treatment. Especially if I can do very aggressive rolls and get the results much quicker. That's the hope. Especially after hearing of Bethany's results in only 4 months.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Got it figured out now. I'm hoping this roll will be aggressive enough.

Today all my rolled bits have got red dots all over them. I look like I've got meazles or something.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Yikes I've made the page wide. Surprised

Sorry.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Yikes I've made the page wide. Surprised

Sorry.

All the better to see you with! Looks like you've done a good job, I hope you see results.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |