Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Merrylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
Hermosa wrote:
Unless I'm misunderstanding, owndoc says that they compared a number of different rollers before deciding which to sell, and that the one they are selling was one of the less expensive. Looks exactly like the one I got on ebay (jj's reco) for much less than owndoc is asking!

Maybe it is the cheapest roller but Owndoc have added on extra to cover the cost of the retinoid gel, vit C powder and two needles? What is the price difference?

If you're starting out, I think they offer a good deal especially as I had trouble finding needles (in Europe).

The cheapest dermaroller is NOT sold by Owndoc but it looks very much like the roller they sell. Per Owndoc ...

Quote:
The roller that Owndoc sells looks similar to but is NOT the same as the
The worst roller in our test pictured here almost looks identical to the best roller in our test, roller B! We did not even test this one further or assign it a letter – we wrapped it in Scotch tape and binned it after taking these photo’s

After following the dermarolling threads for months, I finally got up the courage to order the 1.5mm from Owndoc and it should be here in about 2 weeks.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:

Maybe it is the cheapest roller but Owndoc have added on extra to cover the cost of the retinoid gel, vit C powder and two needles? What is the price difference?

Miranda - I'm going to be a pest - but I want to correct you on this again. I've usually seen the term retinoid used for the family of prescription drugs of tretinion and its cousins (Tazorac, Avage, Retin A Micro, etc) For as many years as I've used a retinoid (20), and for all the reading I've done on it - I just hoped to clear this up.

Retin A=retinoid=tretinoin=retonic acid=all trans retonic acid

retinol=Vitamin A =retinal=retinyl paltimate

Sorry to be a bother - but I just wanted to do a lil' FYI. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I've noticed that when I dermaroll my neck and the back of my hands, I get more pindots of blood than I do on my face. I'm guessing it's because the skin is thinner. It's been nearly a week since my last roll and every day since then my neck has felt dry and tight. I continue with the CP and squalane in the AM and GoW's Chock Full o Vitamins PM with squalane for the first three days, then the evening of the fourth day I think, I used LacSal at night because I felt my skin was feeling a bit rough and needed exfoliation.

Now my hands have tiny brown spots and I hope they fade within a week or so. It's such a slow process with little results.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to ask what everyone is using for a numbing agent and where they buy it?

Thanks,BF
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:43 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
This is Miranda wrote:

Miranda - I'm going to be a pest - but I want to correct you on this again. I've usually seen the term retinoid used for the family of prescription drugs of tretinion and its cousins (Tazorac, Avage, Retin A Micro, etc) For as many years as I've used a retinoid (20), and for all the reading I've done on it - I just hoped to clear this up.

Retin A=retinoid=tretinoin=retonic acid=all trans retonic acid

retinol=Vitamin A =retinal=retinyl paltimate

Sorry to be a bother - but I just wanted to do a lil' FYI. Smile

Hi Foxe,
Yes I was certainly having an off day there!! I am aware of the differences just wasn't concentrating (my 8 yr old had come out of hospital on Weds and I love EDS for mind-distraction although not a good idea if your mind IS distracted!).

SoftSkin wrote:
It's such a slow process with little results.

SoftSkin, how long have you been rolling?
It is a slow process but if you hit the right combination that works for you using the correct technique, then the results can be extraordinary. I have a 'work in progress' with my 5 yr+ post-pregnancy SM's, and I don't believe anything else other than a skin graft would have given me the results my 1.5mm DR has. My skin isn't perfect and never will be BUT it's improving. And I only started rolling it (half of it for comparison) in Oct. I'm hoping by this summer, I will be able to wear a bikini without feeling hugely conscious on my skin (well half of it Rolling Eyes )

Exclamation Also to add on the roller selling front, I ordered the really cheap roller from Ebay (link over on DR'ing for SM's) as I was thinking about buying a .20mm anyway and will compare it to my Owndoc roller and let you all know for sure if they are the same.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Miranda, I hope all is well with your 8 yr. old.

BF, I just bought some EMLA cream from Owndoc.com along with a tube of her A and D ointment. The price with shipping was good even when shipping from UK to US. HTH

http://webshop.owndoc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=11

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I think someone said you can buy EMLA from Canada. I got Topicaine 5% lidocaine from amazon.com but I am thinking about trying the EMLA next. I really had to slather it on and wait fifteen to twenty minutes before rolling.
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I would like to ask what everyone is using for a numbing agent and where they buy it?

Thanks,BF

Hi BF, I have tried Tridocaine (forgot where, it was from Cancada)and Lidocaine HCL 15% from dr-roller.eu, and I didn't feel like they worked too well. I then tried Emla from canadamedicineshop.com, and that worked the best on me. Smile
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
I think I'm going to order a skin roller!

.75mm I think I'll start out with. Can I do .75mm under my eyes? Also how often would I use the .75?

Thanks for any info!

I think I'm going to order one tomorrow, I wanna get rid of these little facial scars for good!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Just ordered a 0.5mm roller instead. I'm going to start off small and work my way up to 1.0mm eventually.

Can I use the .5 daily?
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:13 am      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
Just ordered a 0.5mm roller instead. I'm going to start off small and work my way up to 1.0mm eventually.

Can I use the .5 daily?

Good idea starting off with 0.5mm rather than 0.75mm - you can use this weekly or if your skin can take it (or your not using too strong skin products) then bi-weekly although this isn't really going to tackle your scars unless you've got a great skincare product to 'push' in that helps with scars.
If you're tackling minor scars then your next purchase should be a 1.5mm but first see how you go with the 0.5mm as only you can gauge how thick/thin your skin is. If the 0.5mm is extremely painful (it isn't for me) then maybe you can go on to use a 1mm but generally it's felt that to increase collagen building in the dermis to aid with scar healing, you need to use 1.5mm. Also you don't want to have to wait all those months to see results and not get any and then realise you should have used a longer length!
A 0.2mm-0.3mm would be good for daily use and some are getting good skin results from it but it's not going to directly help your scarring.
For under eye use, I do use my 0.5mm lightly but I've just ordered a 0.2mm and will use this instead.
Good luck EC and remember have patience - don't go overboard as less is more with dermarolling!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Miranda for the helpful advice.

So you think I should get a 1.5 as opposed to a 1 for scars? I was scared to go to a 1.5, but I suppose its not THAT much more than 1. Also, is it okay to apply Vitamin A&D ointment after rolling? Also before and after rolling I wash my face with an antiseptic, correct?

Sorry I'm asking all these questions! I just don't wanna roll incorrectly!
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:37 am      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
Thank you Miranda for the helpful advice.

So you think I should get a 1.5 as opposed to a 1 for scars? I was scared to go to a 1.5, but I suppose its not THAT much more than 1. Also, is it okay to apply Vitamin A&D ointment after rolling? Also before and after rolling I wash my face with an antiseptic, correct?

Sorry I'm asking all these questions! I just don't wanna roll incorrectly!

Well my opinion is only from my personal experience so please don't take it as the rule of rolling.
I began rolling my face with a 1.5mm and I don't use a numbing agent but I do go deep enough to draw blood spots. I think most will agree it's ok to use vit A & D ointment (Infadolan?) after although you don't have to use anything with deeper rolling as it's the injury/inflammation process that will help your scars. Just make sure you read as much info as possible.
With the antiseptic issue - I don't do this. I just do my normal cleansing beforehand and wash my face with water after. I would find using an antiseptic on my skin too drying. Also wouldn't it really sting to apply antiseptic after? I wouldn't do it so unless you feel strongly about doing it, make sure you don't apply the antiseptic for at least a hour after. Did you read somewhere a protocol for doing this?
Does anyone else use antiseptic before and/or after rolling on their face? I only use it directly on my roller when cleaning it.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I read the antiseptic part on one of the many pages in this topic. Last night I was trying to absorb as much information as possible before I purchased one. So what should I use with .5? Some sort of vitamin serum? Also with a 1 or 1.5 is there a lot of downtime? I guess it all depends on your skin, so that's probably not a question that can be answered. I can't wait to get it in the mail and start it, even though its a .5, I think it will improve my skin and get it ready for the bigger rollers.

I'm going to go through and try to read some more stuff, it's a little overwhelming, lots of information!
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I use witch hazel before rolling. Witch hazel kills germs but isn't as drying as alcohol. I don't use an antiseptic afterwords. I'm afraid that would hurt like crazy, irritate the skin, and dry it out. IMHO, if you have disinfected your skin and the roller before rolling, I don't think it's necessary.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've used alcohol on my skin after cleansing but before rolling. It really stings! I can't imagine how it would feel AFTER rolling. I like the suggestion of using witch hazel after cleansing...I'm sure I have some of that around somewhere. Will have to give it a try.

I will continue to soak my roller in alcohol after rolling though.
skinsmything
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I just joined this site yesterday and was blown away to see so many people using DermaRoller!! I bought mine late last November from a company called BioJouvance and started rolling with a .5 roller, once weekly with two weeks off for the Christmas holidays (the first two treatments I broke out terribly with pimples which I think was related to the ampoules and masque I let them talk me into). Since then, I've experimented with rolling and different products (no more ampoules/masque) and gotten it to where I have only maybe a breakout or two on the chin within a day or two of rolling.

My question: How is everyone getting these longer needle lengths? I'm an esthetician and was told by several companies that you can only buy up to .5 for personal use...anything longer requires a Dr. to purchase. The actual DermaRoller company won't even let you buy a .5 unless you have a Dr. purchase it...so I got mine from BioJouvance (they won't sell longer needle lengths than that to anyone but physicians) but they will sell .5 to estheticians. I have some old acne scars on my chin area that I've been working on and I'm definately seeing improvment.

I've been considering getting a second roller (.025) for product penetration during the week but after reading other posts I think I will just use my .5 with a lighter touch and continue with my 1X weekly more aggressive tx and hopefully upgrade to a 1.

My protocol goes like this:

Cleanse
Enzyme peel for exfoliation
Remove peel, roll in star pattern on face
Apply Retin A .5% (I have also used Replenix Green Tea Retinol after for less irritation and subsequent peeling the days to follow).
Wait an hour, apply a peptide.
Go to bed.

I always do it on Saturday night and let Sunday be a day with no makeup. Monday am, my skin looks great!

Is anyone using their LED lights following their rolling (after a serum application like Greeen Tea) but prior to their Retin A? I'm looking to buy either the LightStim or one of the ProLights from Rita Page for home use..still undecided.

Thanks for any info you can provide about getting my .1!!
Merrylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:08 am      Reply with quote
skinsmything, I ordered the 1.5mm and 0.2mm rollers from http://www.owndoc.com/. I elected to buy the kits with Infadolan (vit. A & D ointment) and Vitamin C powder ($37 per kit). You can also order the rollers separately ($29 per roller). This site also has EMLA cream as well ($16). I recently ordered and expect to receive my items in about 10 days (shipment to US from Norway). Good luck!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Will the .5mm roller do anything for thickening under-eye skin?

You're not supposed to use anything bigger than a .5 for under the eyes, right?
skinsmything
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Merrylass, Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! Checking it out now Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:13 am      Reply with quote
There is also this palce to order rollers from.

foxe wrote:
sister and Hermosa,

I'd like to know the same thing as coconut asked - is the quality the same as the Dr Roller and are the needles crosslinked?

I just looked at the Dr-Roller.eu website and can't believe how much has changed this past year - it's very impressive. I really like all the instructions. Very nice.

I also asked Jack what his current prices are and he is having a SALE!

Jack at OneStop- backstrecords2@yahoo.com is offering all rollers at $49.95 plus 7.95 shipping.
He also seems to offer all the roller sizes:

Reg size-0.25,0.5,1.0,1.5,2.0,2.5
3=line - 1.0,1.5,2.0

Let me know how that one is on ebay - it's a very good price, for sure.

This is the Dr. Roller needle which users in the past felt was the best due to the cross linking of the needles.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:41 am      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I didn't know we weren't supposed to use anything bigger than a .5 for the eye area? I've used the 1.5 on this area in the past, will this cause damage?

thanks

Jackie xx
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
EC413 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I didn't know we weren't supposed to use anything bigger than a .5 for the eye area? I've used the 1.5 on this area in the past, will this cause damage?

thanks

Jackie xx

Oh no Jackie, I was unsure if you could use anything bigger... maybe you can. But I had read somewhere that since the under-eye skin is thin that you shouldn't go above .5, but I'm sure people have.. I was getting everyone's opinion, because if others have used a 1 or 1.5 under their eyes safely, then I will.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I got my Dr. Roller 1.5 from a guy who may be on eBay, too. I think his email was backstrecords or similar.Someone else might know.
David87
5% products discount

Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I just rolled for the second time 3 days ago; I have had stretchmarks appearing on my neck under my chin for some unknown reason.

Anyhow I pressed down fairly hard with the roller (1.5mm, the first time I used slight/moderate pressure and that was one week before this session) and there was a very minor appearance of blood in one or two spots. If anything the stretchmarks look more noticable now, 3 days later, which is kinda confusing to me.

I'm wondering if I may have overdone it somehow or if this is normal? I think mainly they are more noticable because they got more colour now (they were not white before but only slightly coloured, now they are moreso).

I applied a cream containing "Emu oil, MSM and collodial silver as well as allantoine, D-pantenol, Squalane, coconut-oil, glycerol, E-vitamine and C-vitamine (as well as some other stuff)" immediately afterwards; the person I bought the roller from had used that cream (which she didn't sell by the way) with good results she said.

Would really really appreciate any help here. Not too happy about this Sad Shock
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |