Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
David87
5% products discount

Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Also, since I read the silver stuff really isn't very good for you in the long run, I'm going to buy some other cream. Apart from emu-oil, what should I get? I think I've read that vitamine C and A are good(?).
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:29 am      Reply with quote
David87 wrote:
I just rolled for the second time 3 days ago; I have had stretchmarks appearing on my neck under my chin for some unknown reason.

Anyhow I pressed down fairly hard with the roller (1.5mm, the first time I used slight/moderate pressure and that was one week before this session) and there was a very minor appearance of blood in one or two spots. If anything the stretchmarks look more noticable now, 3 days later, which is kinda confusing to me.

I'm wondering if I may have overdone it somehow or if this is normal? I think mainly they are more noticable because they got more colour now (they were not white before but only slightly coloured, now they are moreso).

I applied a cream containing "Emu oil, MSM and collodial silver as well as allantoine, D-pantenol, Squalane, coconut-oil, glycerol, E-vitamine and C-vitamine (as well as some other stuff)" immediately afterwards; the person I bought the roller from had used that cream (which she didn't sell by the way) with good results she said.

Would really really appreciate any help here. Not too happy about this Sad Shock

Hi David,
It is usual for stretchmarks to appear more coloured after rolling with a 1.5mm - I'm not hugely technical on the mechanics of skin repair but I believe this is the inflammation the roller causes that will lead to the skin being repaired. So this is a good thing.
However I must point out you MUST NOT roll with 1.5mm more than once a month. Your skin will be repairing itself and this takes time. If you roll over the new collagen bundles and destroy them, then you're undoing all your good work.
Have patience - unfortunately this is the major negative point (well, apart from the pain) about rolling. It is a slow but permanent treatment.
David87
5% products discount

Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for your answer Miranda; I was a bit afraid that I'd destroyed something by rolling too frequently, but I assume then that just doing this once (and the first time not being aggressive rolling = no blood) I should be fine as long as I don't do it again!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:51 am      Reply with quote
David87 wrote:

Anyhow I pressed down fairly hard with the roller (1.5mm, the first time I used slight/moderate pressure and that was one week before this session) and there was a very minor appearance of blood in one or two spots. If anything the stretchmarks look more noticable now, 3 days later, which is kinda confusing to me.

It could be simple inflammation/irritation from using the Big roller! Especially on a sensitive area like the neck. It also could be a reaction to something in the product that you applied directly after rolling, especially if you have not used a product with those ingredients in them before.
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to add that I read on the dermarollong threads that you should not use emu oil or any other anti-inflammatory for 5 to 7 days following deep rolling. It is important that you allow that inflammation to occur and trigger the collagen growth.
David87
5% products discount

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Yeah I read that too now; too much conflicting information on the internetz in my opinion; anyhow I found this page by a woman named "Sarah Vaughter" and she sells a cream containing vit A (not the one that is antiinflammatory apparently, but rather one that can be used on open wounds etc.) as well as vit. D

I'll conjunct a mixture of vit c myself I suppose, but apparently vit c should be avoided for a while after rolling as well, so that's better to use for one week before the session(?).

Thanks so much for the answers, I really had anxiety last night over this and had trouble sleeping, but the redness has diminished somewhat today so it's going in the right direction Wink
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Yes, David. It is best to use the Vitamin C for a week or more prior to rolling. This is the DIY serum thread.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=30503

And here are some of the recipes. Scroll down for the Vit C Serums.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

Here is a simple one:
15% Simple C
1 tsp L Ascorbic Acid
3 tsp distilled water
1 tsp glycerin

Dissolve LAA into the water, stirring frequently. It dissolves better if water is warm before mixing. Then add glycerin. If you want to leave out the glycerin, you can just use 4 tsp of water but you will have to make a new batch each week.

BTW, I have the Sarah V ointment you mentioned and I love it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
You are supposed to use Vit. A and C after rolling, according to a doctor in a link that someone posted here. I use it at night the first three nights and then go back to exfoliants like lactic acid and salicylic acid (SkinBiology's LacSal), which may not be a good idea! I figure the punctures have closed up and healing is happening underneath so it's safe to exfoliate the surface again. Anyone know for sure?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I finally attempted my first roll today. I have a 1.5 and 1.0 from dr roller. When I placed my order I also got 15% lidocaine.

Now I don't know how you girls do this! It hurts! I could barely use any pressure and didn't do my entire face as I had planned.
I thought for sure I'd be allset with the 15% lidocaine but it still hurt too much.
SandraD4880
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:04 am      Reply with quote
I ordered a 1.0 mm kit, and .2mm single from owndoc. VERY EXCITED!

It says they are out of stock with the 1.0 but that's okay since I want to get my skin used to it with the .2mm first.

I have to figure out how I'm going to tweak my regimen.
I started using Tretinoin gel .025 nearly 2 weeks ago. I broke out a bit, but nothing debilitating. Do I have to wait for these pimples to go away before I roll? They aren't big and full of pus or anything. Also, is it wise to use the tretinoin afterward?
SandraD4880
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:17 am      Reply with quote
Also, I'm afraid about keeping it sanitized. Will I have to buy a new one eventually?

Is it wise to put rubbing alcohol all over your face before rolling? Sounds bad for skin!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:54 am      Reply with quote
You can use certain types of Vit. A and C after rolling, like the milder forms of both vitamins. You are not supposed to use retin A or L Ascorbic Acid after rolling. Those are the acidic forms of Vit. A and C. If you use retin A or LAA after rolling, it's gonna hurt. Then you'll have a bad case of the uglies for a few days before you peel like crazy. Proceed with caution! Some of us, me included, have tried it anyway and wished we hadn't. Rolling Eyes
SoftSkin wrote:
You are supposed to use Vit. A and C after rolling, according to a doctor in a link that someone posted here. I use it at night the first three nights and then go back to exfoliants like lactic acid and salicylic acid (SkinBiology's LacSal), which may not be a good idea! I figure the punctures have closed up and healing is happening underneath so it's safe to exfoliate the surface again. Anyone know for sure?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I used the Garden of Wisdom Chock Full o' Vitamins. I keep it in the fridge.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
SandraD4880 wrote:
Also, I'm afraid about keeping it sanitized. Will I have to buy a new one eventually?

Is it wise to put rubbing alcohol all over your face before rolling? Sounds bad for skin!

I may be alone on this, but I just do my normal cleansing (cleansing oil/toner) before rolling. I've been rolling since Oct 09 and nothing gone horribly wrong so far!

To clean my rollers, I use Milton's serilizing fluid (for use of baby bottles.)

You will have to buy a new roller eventually (how soon depends where you roll) as the pins lose their sharpness from usage.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe your toner is giving you all the disinfecting that you need. What kind of toner do you use? Does it have any alcohol in it?
This is Miranda wrote:
SandraD4880 wrote:

I may be alone on this, but I just do my normal cleansing (cleansing oil/toner) before rolling. I've been rolling since Oct 09 and nothing gone horribly wrong so far!

To clean my rollers, I use Milton's serilizing fluid (for use of baby bottles.)

You will have to buy a new roller eventually (how soon depends where you roll) as the pins lose their sharpness from usage.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Maybe your toner is giving you all the disinfecting that you need. What kind of toner do you use? Does it have any alcohol in it?
This is Miranda wrote:

I swapped toners in Dec; I went from using this:

Quote:
DARPHIN AZAHAR CLEANSING MICELLAR WATER
This mild aromatic cleanser for face, eyes and lips, is particularly appropriate for sensitive eyes and sensitive skin prone to redness, rosacea and irritation. Non-rinsing and non-drying formula gently removes impurities and make-up without irritating your skin.

to this (which is completely natural and is same brand as my oil cleanser)

Quote:
NUDE SKINCARE HYDRATING WATER
INGREDIENTS: water (aqua), rosa damascena flower water, glycerin (plant sources), vanilla planifolia fruit extract, maltodextrin (fermented sugar), citrus grandis (grapefruit), inulin (chicory root), vanilla tahitensis fruit extract, equisetum arvense (horsetail), alpha-glucan oligosaccharide (corn and beet), opuntia streptacantha stem extract (prickly pear), tilia cordate (linden) extract

Both are good and none-drying and do the job. I just like the spray option of the Nude one.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi Miranda,

what is your actual process for sterilizing the roller ?

thanks

Jackie xx
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi Miranda,

what is your actual process for sterilizing the roller ?

thanks

Jackie xx

I kept a perfect-sized cap from an old product which I pour the sterlizing fluid into, after rinsing my roller under hot water I just leave it in there for 15 mins or so, then rinse it again then leave it to air dry. If I draw blood with my 1.5mm, I wash that first with soap & water before letting it soak.
It's all reasonably simple.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:37 am      Reply with quote
thanks Miranda

Jackie x
anoshika
5% products discount

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I´m treating my stretch marks with a permanent makeup pen which I bought from ebay. It has three needles in a row, but I can use single needle as well.

What I was thinking do you think it damages the skin? as it works really fast. I have red on some other forum where they were getting dermarolling treatments using tatto machines. I thought I´ll try with a permanent makeup machine.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
anoshika wrote:
Hi,
I´m treating my stretch marks with a permanent makeup pen which I bought from ebay. It has three needles in a row, but I can use single needle as well.

What I was thinking do you think it damages the skin? as it works really fast. I have red on some other forum where they were getting dermarolling treatments using tatto machines. I thought I´ll try with a permanent makeup machine.

I did read once somewhere (it was an article; I will rack my brains to find it) that tattoo needles are thicker than derma needles and therefore not suitable for skin repair. Having said that, I also saw an article which said scarred skin improved after tattooing.
Who knows? If you want to be a guinea pig and test it out and if it's on a hidden part of your body, then go for it. Just read up as much as you can. Maybe you'll get good results and you can let us all know. But likewise if it's detrimental, please post a good warning.
Good luck!
anoshika
5% products discount

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I will try it first on my hips where I have stretch marks. I have seen the needles and compared them to the derma rollers I have. The needles are quite similar. specially those which are in row.

this is the pen I bought, I was quite impressed by it´s quality. I have permanent makeup (lipliner) which I took some years ago, and I remember my beautician had almost the same machine.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-Permanent-Makeup-Eyebrow-Pen-Machine-Needle-Tip-Kit_W0QQitemZ280440704076QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414b918c4c
I will do my first treatment with it tomorrow. I´ll let you know how it went Smile

has anyone heard about rejuvastamp ?
anoshika
5% products discount

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
sorry for a link which is not working

here is the right one if someone wanted to see:-)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-Permanent-Makeup-Eyebrow-Pen-Machine-Needle-Tip-Kit_W0QQitemZ280440704076QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414b918c4c
Doreen

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new here and found this site from the person I purchased the Derma Roller from. What a find!!!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one out there.
I started using the roller 8 days ago, and use it every other night. I might be nuts, but I do believe it is already starting to smooth out the crows feet and I think, lessening the eye bags. I have heavy lines between my eyes and forehead. I've been the Botox route and was not all together happy with the results, so I figured I'd try this before Restalin. I'm using an over the counter cream (Filexta) after I roll.
I'm gonna give this a couple of months and see how it goes.
I'd love to hear from other roller as to your results.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Doreen - welcome! Glad to hear you are getting good results. What size roller are you using?

I'm using a 0.5 weekly, about 7-8 rolls so far. My skin seems very slightly tighter and more taut. But not too much help with the wrinkles so far. I've heard it may take a few months for results to kick in, so I'm trying to be patient and keep up the routine.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |