Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Doreen

Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm using a 0.5 roller & it sounds like we're at the same place. My skin seems tighter as well and I sure hope that it helps with the wrinkles too! What type of cream do you use afterward?
I think patience & persistanc is the key here!
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Doreen wrote:
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm using a 0.5 roller & it sounds like we're at the same place. My skin seems tighter as well and I sure hope that it helps with the wrinkles too! What type of cream do you use afterward?
I think patience & persistanc is the key here!

Before I roll, I apply a DIY serum of magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (MAP) and retinyl acetate. Afterwards I use Skinactives Let's Make Collagen, followed by a mixture of carrot seed and rosehip seed oil. I find my skin is really tight after the roll and the oils help.

I'm red for an hour or so afterwards with very little swelling. By the next day I look normal.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:55 am      Reply with quote
There's an interesting (and important) discussion going on over on the Dermarolling for Product Penetration thread about sterlizing methods for rollers.

If you're not sure on the best way to clean yours or think that soap & water is enough, please read it.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36278&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=425

It's on pg 18, 3/4 way down and the first post on the subject was kindly put there by Dark Moon on 28th Jan 7.18pm.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:06 am      Reply with quote
Doreen wrote:
I'm new here and found this site from the person I purchased the Derma Roller from. What a find!!!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one out there.
I started using the roller 8 days ago, and use it every other night. I might be nuts, but I do believe it is already starting to smooth out the crows feet and I think, lessening the eye bags. I have heavy lines between my eyes and forehead. I've been the Botox route and was not all together happy with the results, so I figured I'd try this before Restalin. I'm using an over the counter cream (Filexta) after I roll.
I'm gonna give this a couple of months and see how it goes.
I'd love to hear from other roller as to your results.

Hi Doreen,
Welcome and yes this is a great site; I personally have turned my skin around and learnt so much from other posters.

Can I just say one thing about your rolling; you are rolling too often. A 0.2mm roller is good for every other or every day but 0.5mm is best kept for weekly (or if your skin can take it, bi-weekly rolls). If you're seeing skin tightening in such a short time, you may be seeing the effects of inflammation and swelling. The thing with dermarolling, is you have to give the skin time to repair. The longer the needles, the more time you have to let it repair. 0.2mm rollers are mainly for helping products penetrate deeper into the skin - so be very aware of what you use after. For some a 0.5mm is as long as they will go. My skin is quite thick (now) and I use the 0.5mm twice a week but then I've been rolling (monthly) with 1.5mm since Oct. Can I suggest you take your rolling down to once a week, see how it goes for a month or so, then move to bi-weekly? The needles that are kick-starting your cells back into action will also be the same needles that will break those newly-formed cells - hence the resting period.
So good luck with your rolling - it's such a joy when someone new discovers the wonders of rolling!
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:52 am      Reply with quote
To those who were not aware that Owndoc got a forum discussing dermarolling.

http://forum.owndoc.com/forumdisplay.php?5-Dermarolling-Microneedling
paws4jas

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Doreen wrote:
I'm new here and found this site from the person I purchased the Derma Roller from. What a find!!!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one out there.
I started using the roller 8 days ago, and use it every other night. I might be nuts, but I do believe it is already starting to smooth out the crows feet and I think, lessening the eye bags. I have heavy lines between my eyes and forehead. I've been the Botox route and was not all together happy with the results, so I figured I'd try this before Restalin. I'm using an over the counter cream (Filexta) after I roll.

Hi Doreen,

I'm new here too, and I'm interested in using a Derma Roller, after reading posts, for depressed acne scars that I've been trying to improve for 20 years. Everything I do seems I get ripped off. I'm afraid to buy one online in case I don't get the real thing. I don't want to get stuck with a fake roller and was wonering if you would tell me where you bought yours? Thanks
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, so my .5 is in the mail, on it's way to me. And I am just searching eBay for a 1 or 1.5 (can't decide), but on eBay I found a "MI-ROLL" that uses plastic needles instead of steel. How do you guys feel about that? The Mi-Rolls are sold from California.

Picture: http://cgi.ebay.com/1-0mm-MI-ROLL-MICRONEEDLE-ROLLER-SCARS-STRETCH-MARKS_W0QQitemZ250569903172QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSkin_Care_test?hash=item3a57214c44
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
Okay, so my .5 is in the mail, on it's way to me. And I am just searching eBay for a 1 or 1.5 (can't decide), but on eBay I found a "MI-ROLL" that uses plastic needles instead of steel. How do you guys feel about that? The Mi-Rolls are sold from California.

Picture: http://cgi.ebay.com/1-0mm-MI-ROLL-MICRONEEDLE-ROLLER-SCARS-STRETCH-MARKS_W0QQitemZ250569903172QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSkin_Care_test?hash=item3a57214c44

I wouldn't feel safe with any type of plastic needles. All of the studies conducted thus far as well as the docs that do medical rolling on patients, have used the metal needles (to my knowledge). I think you should stick to the metal rollers, as you defitinely don't want plastic needles breaking off in your skin.
jersey girl

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
Any recomendations as to what might be the best pre-treatment. I consider myself to have very good skin tone and would like to keep it that way. Thank you in advance...
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jersey girl, Disinfect roller in alcohol for about 10 minutes or so before and after use. Apply Apple cider vinegar or alcohol or an iodine to the skin to a clean, dry-brushed face.

For pre-treatment rolling try this: Steep two tea bags (green tea and white tea) in a cup of hot (not boiling) water for at least five minutes. Allow to cool down. Apply the tea to your face all over and roll in a section at a time. continue to apply each time you roll a section(you can use a spritzer if you have one or put on with cotton pads).

If you want to get really fancy add about 1/8 tsp Green Tea Extract to your tea. This will boost it up. Allow tea to dry into your face post roll.
Then....

After rolling put a nice oil on like retinyl palmitate or red palm oil or any number of other antioxidant oils. I am using something from skinactives called ELS (every lipid serum) mixed with another of their products called anti-ox booster. I have oily skin and these are wonderful - very cushioning and comforting. And I love the idea that they are penetrating and being absorbed by my skin post roll.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
jersey girl wrote:
Any recomendations as to what might be the best pre-treatment. I consider myself to have very good skin tone and would like to keep it that way. Thank you in advance...

I think that depends greatly on the size of roller you are using. If it is the 1 mm or larger, than you want to try to follow the protocol of using an A and C product at least 6 weeks before the roll. On the day of the roll, you would not use anything prior to the roll, and afterward you would apply an A and C derivative for a few days, and then continue on with the A and C.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Breezy, I felt uneasy as well about the plastic needles, but I just wanted to get your guys' opinions on it.

Would it be okay to apply Bio-oil after rolling?

Or maybe Vit C serum before, Bio-oil some time afterward?
lek39

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:34 am      Reply with quote
May I ask which brand of derma roller is recommeded. There are quite a few on the market now. Thanx![/i][/i]

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Summer, thank you so much for posting that!!! It was very helpful information. I read through the entire site and it answered some of my questions. Below, I put a link to a page that was particularly helpful for me. I have had questions about rolling frequency due to the contrasting information that I have read on the internet. On this page, Sarah addresses the fact that there is conflicting information and sets the record straight.

For those newbies out there, I just wanted to say that if I were starting now, I would purchase the dermarolling kit at owndoc.com. I already had a dermaroller when I found out about it and have ordered the infadolan A and D ointment separately. The kit comes with a roller, the ointment to apply afterwards, vitamin C crystals to make your own serum, instructions and a single needle for individual wrinkles and scars (I still don't have a single needle). I purchased all of those things separately and paid a lot more than they are asking for the kit. Owndoc also has the EMLA numbing cream at a low price that can be purchased separately. Overall, it's a great bargain that I missed out on.

I would purchase additional rollers from the advanced_cosmetology store on ebay.

http://forum.owndoc.com/showthread.php?44-Warning-about-rolling-frequency

summer2004 wrote:

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:02 am      Reply with quote
lek39 wrote:
May I ask which brand of derma roller is recommeded. There are quite a few on the market now. Thanx![/i][/i]

Hi lek,
There's a lot of great ones. My first was from
http://www.dr-roller.eu/. The quality is great, but it is more expensive (69 USD). My second was from owndoc.com, and she sells a very nice package. It includes a roller, single needle for deeper scars, Vitamin C powder and A&D ointment (37USD), which is everyting you need to get started. Several members here have ordered a nice roller (without the extras) from http://stores.ebay.com/jaysun-trading_W0QQ_trksidZp760.m184QQ_trkparmsZalgo=CRX&its=S%2BI%2BSS&itu=SI%2BISS%2BUCI&otn=4

All would be a good choice. Good luck:)
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Summer, thank you so much for posting that!!! It was very helpful information. I read through the entire site and it answered some of my questions. Below, I put a link to a page that was particularly helpful for me. I have had questions about rolling frequency due to the contrasting information that I have read on the internet. On this page, Sarah addresses the fact that there is conflicting information and sets the record straight.

For those newbies out there, I just wanted to say that if I were starting now, I would purchase the dermarolling kit at owndoc.com. I already had a dermaroller when I found out about it and have ordered the infadolan A and D ointment separately. The kit comes with a roller, the ointment to apply afterwards, vitamin C crystals to make your own serum, instructions and a single needle for individual wrinkles and scars (I still don't have a single needle). I purchased all of those things separately and paid a lot more than they are asking for the kit. Owndoc also has the EMLA numbing cream at a low price that can be purchased separately. Overall, it's a great bargain that I missed out on.

I would purchase additional rollers from the advanced_cosmetology store on ebay.

http://forum.owndoc.com/showthread.php?44-Warning-about-rolling-frequency

summer2004 wrote:

Just to second everything Tonia has said; thewww.owndoc.com package which I bought is very good for starting out (although I'll mention I received two single needles with it and a document on how to roll).
Thanks Summer and Tonia for the forum tip off.
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:23 am      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
Thanks Breezy, I felt uneasy as well about the plastic needles, but I just wanted to get your guys' opinions on it.

Would it be okay to apply Bio-oil after rolling?

Or maybe Vit C serum before, Bio-oil some time afterward?

You might want to try the one Bev just ordered from ebay and said that it's just like the one she bought from owndoc:

http://stores.ebay.com/jaysun-trading_W0QQ_trksidZp760.m184QQ_trkparmsZalgo=CRX&its=S%2BI%2BSS&itu=SI%2BISS%2BUCI&otn=4

Also, Bio-oil has several ingredients that have anti-inflammatory effects (Bisabolol and Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract). If you are doing a roll with a 1mm or 1.5mm, you don't want anything with an anti-inflammatory properties (including oral medication) for one week. The inflammation process is critical to the formation of new collagen.

If you want something to use after rolling with a 1mm or 1.5, you can try the A&D ointment at owndoc.com. You can start using L-Absorbic acid and Retin-A in a few days but never on an open wound. You could use a Vitamin C oil based serum more quickly, but I don't know of any (maybe someone else can recommend this).

Now, with a .5mm roller, you can be more flexible, as long as you don't have too much irritation or blood spots. I can actually get blood spots on certain parts of my body with a .5mm (goes to show how thin my skin is) but for most a .5mm is used for greater product penetration.

HTH Smile
lek39

Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for your response...I am on my to get my first dermaroller!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Breezy, we must think alike. I just noticed that we posted our comments about the owndoc.com kit at exactly the same time.

What do you think about adding an oil based Vitamin C powder to the A and D ointment. I'll have to find an oil based C powder and then figure out how much to add. It seems like it would make the perfect post rolling topical.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tonia,

I noticed your post coming out at the same time, too Smile

I would keep the Vitamin C separate. If you follow the medical protocol used by docs, you should apply some formof Vitamin A each night and apply Vitamin C in the morning (1 tsp of l-ascorbic acid + 2 oz. of distilled water, which can be used for at least 3 to 7 days).

This is also the protocol Bethany followed, and she had amazing results Smile
Doreen

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:59 am      Reply with quote
paws4jas wrote:
Doreen wrote:

Hi Doreen,

I'm new here too, and I'm interested in using a Derma Roller, after reading posts, for depressed acne scars that I've been trying to improve for 20 years. Everything I do seems I get ripped off. I'm afraid to buy one online in case I don't get the real thing. I don't want to get stuck with a fake roller and was wondering if you would tell me where you bought yours? Thanks

Hello! I purchased my derma roller, believe it or not, on Ebay. I looked for a seller with a 100% rating, and it was about $20 including shipping. So far I am really happy with it. I took someone's advice from here and started using it less often. I now roll every four days and am seeing results!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!! I hope it's not just swelling, but I'll give it a couple of months and see.

Good luck and let me know how it goes!
Danyel02

Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hello guys,

I'm very new to this site and derma rolling. I have read evey post and I am really excited to begin rolling!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Breezy, thank you for reminding me. I have read that, but it's been a while.

breezy42 wrote:
Hi Tonia,

I noticed your post coming out at the same time, too Smile

I would keep the Vitamin C separate. If you follow the medical protocol used by docs, you should apply some formof Vitamin A each night and apply Vitamin C in the morning (1 tsp of l-ascorbic acid + 2 oz. of distilled water, which can be used for at least 3 to 7 days).

This is also the protocol Bethany followed, and she had amazing results Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Tonia, I have forgotten so much myself. I read the whole thread a few months ago, and I can't remember much.Embarassed I took some notes, and that's mainly what I refer to now. I can only imagine how hard it is for new people to come in and make sense of this.

Danyel02, welcome, and keep us posted on how the rolling goes. Good luck Smile
anusha

Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. I am quite new to this and i found this forum very interesting. After i read all these posts even i want to try this derma roller. I am 21 and my skin looks dull and light wrinkles. I had some acne scars(very light though) on my cheeks and that area look a little pinkish. Can anyone help me suggest me what sort of product do I have to use before and after derma rolling? I have a major problem of darkness around my lip. Though I dont have a lot of hair on the upperlip area it looks dark like as if i have a moustache Sad Sad I am so embarrased. I dont think thats melasma becos i absolutey have no harmone imbalance issue. So can anyone suggest me whether this derma rolling helps me solve my issue and suggest me some products that i can go with that. pleaseeeee Confused Confused Confused Sad
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |