Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:28 am      Reply with quote
3rdOculus- Great find! they do in fact sell the .25 mm diameter! I also found a site...
http://www.bodyjewelrysupply.com/wholesalebodyjewelry4157.html
& them sell a box of 1,000 for cheap. Need to find out more about them though on Monday.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Brilliant! I love that the individual packaging ensures sterile and sharp needles every time.

Thank you 3rdoculus and Bev7429.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:

Pages 74-76 of this thread discusses the use of diabetic lancets. This from Lowbrowscientist, who originally tried them:

Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Ok, I'm with you now! I thought a lancet was like a scalpel - I thought Lowbrowscientist was cutting out her 11s Laughing

It *looked* almost as bad as that!

And now I know why: the diabetic lancets have a beveled cutting edge. : /

Dr Fernandez (I think?) states that injection needles shouldn't be used because they have a cutting edge that can cause scarring, and the lancets have the same thing. I REALLY hope I haven't made things worse. I definitely see no improvement, but that means nothing at this stage. I guess I'll just have to cough up the cash for a 3 line if I want to get rid of these lines Neutral ... or maybe i can just try Foxe's method with a thin sewing needle? Am I a glutton for punishment? Very Happy

As some were discussing this, I think you might like to check out this thread: http://forum.owndoc.com/showthread.php?123-Announcement-Single-needles-separately-available-soon if you scroll down it mentions the shape/tips of different needles...

Quote:
1) 33-gauge syringes

Even though they have the right diameter (around 0.25 mm), these cause too much damage to the skin due to the double-edged shape of the hollow tip. A good needle goes between the skin cells. Dr. Des Fernandes mentioned this in his work on dermarolling. But a syringe has an "apple-corer" effect on the skin.

2) Acupuncture needles

They won't stand up to repeated insertion and they are very awkward to hold during pricking. They are not strong enough, they bend easily and the steel is of not high enough quality to repeatedly crush scar tissue and remain sharp. And blunt needles do too much damage to the skin. Made for a single insertion only into soft tissue, not for micro-needling scar tissue.

3) Diabetic blood sample lancet needles

These needles have a tip that does not make a tiny round puncture but they are designed to cut an opening into the skin to get the blood out. Their tip looks like a double-edged sword and is totally unsuitable.
marta1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Do you feel too pressured to look good? I think it has gone too far recent years. Sometimes I wish I lived in 1950s when aging, cellulite etc was considered a normal part of life. Am I being oversensitive or do you sometimes feel the same?
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
marta1 wrote:
Do you feel too pressured to look good? I think it has gone too far recent years. Sometimes I wish I lived in 1950s when aging, cellulite etc was considered a normal part of life. Am I being oversensitive or do you sometimes feel the same?

Marta, while I really take pride in trying to keep up my appearance as best as possible, I feel enormous pressure, especially because of my hubby. He looks 15 years younger and is quite a catch, and I feel so much pressure to stay in good shape.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
marta1 wrote:
Sometimes I wish I lived in 1950s when aging, cellulite etc was considered a normal part of life. Am I being oversensitive or do you sometimes feel the same?

Nah. How would we get these young honeys if we looked our age? Bad Grin
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I got my kit from owndoc today. Very impressed by how quickly it got here. I ordered this just for the needles. Wow, they are Long! But, I see the part she is talking about at the tip that should go into the skin. Will start my needling experiment in a few weeks, as I am healing from my TCA spot peel now.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
That's great Riley, good luck with it.
I'm going to wait till owndoc start selling the single needles separately and then buy some. I've got a couple of bunny lines on each side of my nose that I'll target, using the CP's after. I'll have to be super careful using so close to my eyes. The lines are more right between the nose and eye.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

do we just sort of dot along the line/wrinkle at the same angle the roller would touch them ?

many thanks

Jackie xx
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

do we just sort of dot along the line/wrinkle at the same angle the roller would touch them ?

many thanks

Jackie xx

I think so Jackie. That's what I'd planned to do anyway.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

many thanks

Jackie xx

The instructions that came with the single needles from owndoc say to poke the needles at various angles and, basically - needle the 'heck' out of the wrinkles/scars. I needled an 'll' line that is creased (one out of two of them) and wished I had needled in a wider path than just straight down the middle. It's a learning curve that we have to master and I will do a better job of it next time. Very Happy

On the other hand - I only needled the scar itself on two ice pick scars and that will be enough for those. Different scar will have slightly different techniques.

I do believe angling the needle differently will help with most scars and wrinkles. Some may only need to be 'in' the scar itself while others may need a wider path (my '11' did)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that info Foxe. I would definately only have done it with the needle straight up and down otherwise.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:17 am      Reply with quote
thanks for this info girls!

Would we need to have the 6 week break between these sessions? or would it depend on how deep you were going with the needle ?

thanks

Jackie xx
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
thanks for this info girls!

Would we need to have the 6 week break between these sessions? or would it depend on how deep you were going with the needle ?

thanks

Jackie xx

Jackie, for my wrinkles, she recommended the needle once a month.
ratchette13

Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
Miranda and Foxe thanks for the replys on CP's. Bit bummed out as placed order with EDS and they wanted extra $70 shipping to France. Do you know of any other stockists of SB products that don't charge exorbitant shipping fees to Europe? Miranda did EDS still charge you extra shipping to UK ? Failing that are there other well known brands of CP's that shipped to Europe cheaply ? ( PSF ??) Thanks very much
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
ratchette13 wrote:
Hi,
Miranda and Foxe thanks for the replys on CP's. Bit bummed out as placed order with EDS and they wanted extra $70 shipping to France. Do you know of any other stockists of SB products that don't charge exorbitant shipping fees to Europe? Miranda did EDS still charge you extra shipping to UK ? Failing that are there other well known brands of CP's that shipped to Europe cheaply ? ( PSF ??) Thanks very much

$70??
Just checked my order and it cost £8.94 to UK. Are you buying something else heavy/large? It's impossible that they would charge that much, isn't it??
PurpleRain84

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone!

I actually just stumbled onto this forum/website searching on google and after reading pages of interesting posts from this forum I registered. Very Happy

My question is "Has anyone successfully removed their stretch marks?" If so how and using what? Any advice on this topic would greatly be appreciated. Thank you!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:02 am      Reply with quote
PurpleRain84 wrote:
Hello everyone!

I actually just stumbled onto this forum/website searching on google and after reading pages of interesting posts from this forum I registered. Very Happy

My question is "Has anyone successfully removed their stretch marks?" If so how and using what? Any advice on this topic would greatly be appreciated. Thank you!

It's probably best to ask that question over on the "Dermaroller for Stretchmarks" thread. I'm sure there's lots of reports over there.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=33739

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I used the needle for the first time tonight. I did not use Emla or anything else. The 11's were a piece of cake. I could get the entire point into the lines and it really wasn't that painful. The lip lines hurt way more with the needle than with the dermaroller in my opinion! This was my first time using the needle and it was very interesting. I plan on doing this once a month and see what results I get with it. Next time I will definitely numb the lip area.

Quick question for those of you who ordered from owndoc. How long did your infadolan take to get to you? I got the needle/roller kit in record time, 1 week tops, but I still have not gotten the infadolan.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, my infadolan came in about a week. That suprised me since it had to come to the US from the UK. You may want to ask about it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Rileygirl, my infadolan came in about a week. That suprised me since it had to come to the US from the UK. You may want to ask about it.

Thanks, Tonia. I will shoot off an email to check.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:19 am      Reply with quote
So I have been going freaking nuts to find a dry brush. I don't have a Whole Foods by me. Does the Brush have to be small if you want to use it on your face? The only ones I have found are the body size. Thanks Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:
So I have been going freaking nuts to find a dry brush. I don't have a Whole Foods by me. Does the Brush have to be small if you want to use it on your face? The only ones I have found are the body size. Thanks Very Happy

I "think" the body ones maybe to too rough for your face, skincarejunkie.
BeckyS

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new to the forum but have found this thread extremely interesting and helpful. It's amazing how far this dermarolling has come since this thread was started.

I found my dermaroller at "Dermaroller Planet" which had quite a few different brands at different prices with alot of information about the topic. But after doing some more research and of course, reading most of this thread it doesn't seem as if there is any cut and dry rules regarding dermarolling.

I don't want to experiment on any topical treatments until I see how the rolling goes, so what would anyone suggest as far as something very simple and unobtrusive to use after my first rolling? I'm talking Aveeno, or something along those lines.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Catie
5% products discount

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new and interested in dermarolling, too... I have read most of this thread (and others here) and lots of other info about rollers and needling for scars. I saw on the dermaroller.eu site that the derma stamp has needles with a diameter of only 0.12 mm, and I think I read that larger diameter needles can cause scarring. However, most of the needles EDS members use are 0.25 mm diameter? I read people on acne forums have good luck with even larger diameter needles.

Accupuncture needles may be too flimsy for repeated use, but if you can get a box of a hundred sterile, single use, cheap needles, would it matter if they bent after a few times and you threw them out? They are nice because they can be as small as 0.12, 0.16, 0.18, 0.20, 0.22, 0.25 mm diameters, so there is so much flexibility there. Has anyone at EDS tried to use accupuncture needles for scars or wrinkles?

Another idea I am pondering is tatoo needles, which you can buy online. They are stronger and longer, so more comfortable to hold in the hand, but the smallest I could find (so far) is 0.25 mm, which might be best anyway. I am confused though cos of dermaroller's website that said 0.12 mm was best, unless I misunderstood.

I am very happy to have found EDS and am learning so much from all of you, but boy oh boy is it a lot to take in!!

What do you all think about trying a box of accupuncture needles that are very fine, say 0.12 or 0.14 mm like dermaroller.eu recommends? Or is .25 mm better?

I am so happy to have found EDS! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |