Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I just had to share this.. I forgot who posted that when dermarolling the forehead they start sneezing.. I used the dermaroller for this first time today ands started sneezing like crazy.

Did a product penetration roll. (.025 roller). I will definitely have to work up because even that stings! My face is super red!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
I just had to share this.. I forgot who posted that when dermarolling the forehead they start sneezing.. I used the dermaroller for this first time today ands started sneezing like crazy.

Did a product penetration roll. (.025 roller). I will definitely have to work up because even that stings! My face is super red!

Welcome to the sneezing club! There were several of us where dermarolling triggered the sneezing reflex. It happened for me every time. And I used a 0.5mm. Doesn't seem to cause any harm, it's just odd.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
that is so funny - must be some type of pressure point! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Firefox, are you still needling? I have been on Sarah's site and emailed her a few times. I am thinking of either a stamp or single needle for some acne scars I have, but scared about them. Your suggestions have been extremely helpful in the past for me. I did just recently pull out my old Leaf and Rusher roller and it is great for penetration and light resurfacing. I have not done it enough to really see what it can do long term. I was so scared of it after I got it that I never kept up with it. But now either my skin must be tougher or I have more courage because I am more desperate, I mean motivated. I quite enjoy the pricks now (except forehead) and can definitely move to longer needles for the few scars I have on my chin and cheeks.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I am indeed still dermarolling, Mommydearest, IMO go with whatever Sarah recommends and you feel comfortable with. Whatever you choose you will have to replace eventually, so can always switch to a different product if your first choice doesn't feel right for you. I was very apprehensive initially, and I am sure many others were too. Wink

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
I am indeed still dermarolling, Mommydearest, IMO go with whatever Sarah recommends and you feel comfortable with. Whatever you choose you will have to replace eventually, so can always switch to a different product if your first choice doesn't feel right for you. I was very apprehensive initially, and I am sure many others were too. Wink

what length do you use and what products do you use it with if you don't mind my asking.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:23 am      Reply with quote
Firefox, never mind! You discussed all of this on the previous page! Rolling Eyes
migi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I´m very desperated about my belly button at the moment. I used to have a belly button piercing for a long time. Unfortunately, the piercing hole wandered more and more to the top and the skin got very thin (see picture). I´m pregnant right now and took off the piercing in order to avoid any problems. Besides that the piercing was only hanging on a thin skin flap.
The holes have grown closed but it looks now very terrible.
I was wondering if the Dermaroller could help in my case???

Sorry for my bad English (I´m from Europe)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately that looks deep enough to need surgical intervention. A dermaroller is only a couple mm in length at the most, it won't be able to restructure something much deeper than that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Weird things happen in the belly area when you are pregnant and the muscle changes can cause things to stick out more. I would wait until after your pregnancy to do anything. It may look better after.
migi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Shasta Girl & Ava with Wings: Thanks a lot for your reply. I think I will wait what happens and go to a doctor after the pregnancy!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Just jumping in here, but I am really interested in getting a 2mm dermaroller from sarah vaughter to do some work on a tattoo i've been trying to get rid of for years.

I can only afford one roller right now, and was wondering if i could use the 2mm on my face if i just barely touch the roller to my skin (meaning, making the 2mm in effect a .5mm roller because im pressing so lightly)--or would it be too hard to control like that?
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Samantha-xx wrote:
Hi there,

I've often read posts on here but only just became a member as wanted to find out a few things about which products to use when dermarolling, i've looked through this post and online but still theres a couple of things I wanted to get clear on,

I have had several derma roller treatments for acne scarring last year with a surgeon until i decided to start rolling at home which I've done so about 3 or 4 times now using a Scientia 1.5mm roller, i've been using a vitamin e cream and also chiroxy oxgenating cream to help boost collagen renewal

I'm hoping on my next visit to my GP he will prescibe me retin a, and once i've got that I'll be using that along with my rolling.

My main question is which products do you use whilst your derma rolling and when do you apply them? At the moment i'm only applying afterwards but i've seen some people are apply them before, is this necessary? and when your using vitamin c and e serums where are you getting them from? I want to get the best results out of my rolling just not sure where to look for the best products!

I hope someone can answer my question!

Welcome Sam! Ok...It is recommended to use Retin A and a Vit C Serum for at least several weeks or a month before doing a roll. I am only rolling twice a year now with a 2mm roller. I don't apply anything while I'm rolling although I using Emla numbing cream first, then wipe it off with a paper towel, then wipe my skin with alcohol. After the roll I apply Infadolin and the next morning I apply a homemade Vit C Serum. I don't put anything else on my skin for at least 48 hours...No makeup or sunscreen or anything--just the Infadolin and Vit C. I just did a roll 2 nights ago, so I will begin using my Retin A again in a couple more days. I'm keeping my skin lubricated with the Infadolin because the skin is stretched form the swelling, and it minimzes the peeling that inevitably happens. Sarah Vaughter has a wonderful website with tips about dermarolling. It's very helpful! http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
That's interesting that you see minimal peeling using your method, mountaingirl. Do you think the infoldan is the main reason for this?

Also, can you feel the vitamin C going in at all the next day? Does it feel like the chambers are open at all at that point?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:32 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
That's interesting that you see minimal peeling using your method, mountaingirl. Do you think the infoldan is the main reason for this?

Also, can you feel the vitamin C going in at all the next day? Does it feel like the chambers are open at all at that point?

I do think the Infadolin does minimize the peeling. Its like an A&D ointment..very thick and greasy so its lubricating the swollen/stretched skin. The Vit C is absorbed by the skin just fine the next morning, but aren't "the chambers" closed within an hour of the initial roll? I'm about to turn the corner to age 60 yet my skin has never looked better. Of course I'm fighting loss of elasticity, but quality of my skin is amazing. Retin A, AALS and Rolling, ROCKS!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I don't like the Infoldan myself - just too greasy for my oily/acne prone skin. I'm afraid of breaking out.

The channels seem to stay open longer than an hour from my observations as I've applied CPs after that and can feel them going in better than normal. I think I've even noticed it the next day. But, my memory might be off, since I dislike doing a roll so much, they don't come along very often!

5% products discount

Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone of the ''dermaroll experts'' look at this vid?
Is this really the correct way to do thedermarolling?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmkcWbyD9Xw&context=C46a3acaADvjVQa1PpcFMnoV6blpqnogw-hdJBkYnoK2R3yLH6u2g=

Shouldn't you roll much more times? hmm

btw, a friend of mine made this, she is convinced that you should roll this way, but i think you have to roll way more times.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah...you need to roll more than that to get a better bang for your buck. That is like "tip toeing through the tulips." Very lightweight. Who is this person who made the video and what is her expertise? BTW, I do think drawing blood is a sign that you're going to get some benefits, but probably not necessary or wise if you are doing frequent rolls.

HamCheeseSandwich
5% products discount

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:34 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Yeah...you need to roll more than that to get a better bang for your buck. That is like "tip toeing through the tulips." Very lightweight. Who is this person who made the video and what is her expertise? BTW, I do think drawing blood is a sign that you're going to get some benefits, but probably not necessary or wise if you are doing frequent rolls.

She(my friend)is very cautious with that kind of things(almost too if you ask me Rolling Eyes )and she thinks that the Dermaroller can damage her skin in the long run.

Nevertheless, she still wants to use it and when i asked her why she said because she hasn’t got that much money and micro needling is an inexpensive method(compared to laser treatments for example)but still can be very effective for stretchmarks and wrinkles (which are the skinproblems that she’s going to use the Dermaroller for) and she knows another woman who had really improved her stretchmarks with the Dermaroller.

So she has ''developed'' a Dermarolling Routine for herself and she truly believes that this is the safest and best way to do it.

Two days ago i asked her to explain this routine to me and she answered that she will make a little quick video about it (that explains the poor quality vid, lol) and yesterday she posted it on YouTube.

When i saw this video yesterday, I was a little bit confused, because i thought that you had to roll more times and i was wondering if it is going to be effective if she’s going to do the Dermarolling like that
But i must admit, i don’t know much about Dermarolling either.
Do you have any experience with dermarolling?
Do you know the right manner to roll in this pattern, maybe ?.. (sorry for this long post;p)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:57 am      Reply with quote
HamCheeseSandwich wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:

She(my friend)is very cautious with that kind of things(almost too if you ask me Rolling Eyes )and she thinks that the Dermaroller can damage her skin in the long run.

Nevertheless, she still wants to use it and when i asked her why she said because she hasn’t got that much money and micro needling is an inexpensive method(compared to laser treatments for example)but still can be very effective for stretchmarks and wrinkles (which are the skinproblems that she’s going to use the Dermaroller for) and she knows another woman who had really improved her stretchmarks with the Dermaroller.

So she has ''developed'' a Dermarolling Routine for herself and she truly believes that this is the safest and best way to do it.

Two days ago i asked her to explain this routine to me and she answered that she will make a little quick video about it (that explains the poor quality vid, lol) and yesterday she posted it on YouTube.

When i saw this video yesterday, I was a little bit confused, because i thought that you had to roll more times and i was wondering if it is going to be effective if she’s going to do the Dermarolling like that
But i must admit, i don’t know much about Dermarolling either.
Do you have any experience with dermarolling?
Do you know the right manner to roll in this pattern, maybe ?.. (sorry for this long post;p)

Hi HCS,

I have not dermarolled yet, but have read on it a lot, may start soon?

Anyway I think you might find the instructions on this site helpful. Very Happy

http://owndoc.com/dermarolling/dermarolling-explained/

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Ham...DarkMoon is right. Get your info from the website she posted. There are so many folks on here developing their own protocols for dermarolling, that it's best to get advice from the experts since we are the canary's in this (dermarolling) coalmine! I also follow the instructions on the owndoc site. If you want to go straight to the instruction booklet, here is the link. I printed it out so I have it ready to review each time I prepare to Roll. http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdfime

HamCheeseSandwich
5% products discount

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Wow i like the forum. The lady who runs the site (vaugan or something like that) is really helpfull in her answers.
She sounds like she knows what she’s talking about, if i may say so:)
I will recommend this site to Yolanda next time i speak to her.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:46 am      Reply with quote
HamCheeseSandwich wrote:
Wow i like the forum. The lady who runs the site (vaugan or something like that) is really helpfull in her answers.
She really sounds like she knows what she’s talking about, if i may say so:)
I will recommend this site to Yolanda next time i speak to her.

Yes she is great, many here look to her for information. Very Happy

5% products discount

Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
I was just looking around on the OwnDocforum for a while and after that i decided to go to the real site.(not that i was planning to use a Dermaroller, but i was bored and i thought it was interesting)
Then i clicked on the article called Dermarolling Explained and read the Dermarolling instructions.
Okay, i feel stupid saying this, but i can’t see the difference between Sarahs explanation and the explanation in the little video my friend(Yolanda) made:? It sounds weird, but i just can’t seem to see the difference between the two explanations, no matter how hard i try.
Maybe it’s because i’m dutch, or dumb, or both Laughing
This is the short text i’m referring to btw
Roll in a star pattern: maximum five times horizontally, 5 times vertically, 5 times diagonally. Roll the dermaroller around five times in each direction. Back and forth equals two rolls. Lift the dermaroller slightly or change the angle of rolling and move back to the beginning. This ensures that you will not hit the same prick channel.

Try to spread the pricks evenly. You could first only roll the entire skin area horizontally, when you’ve covered all skin that you want to treat, you roll vertically, and diagonally

or: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmkcWbyD9Xw

Yolanda gives the same explanation in the video, but the only difference is that she does four times?
At least, that is how i understand it. But english is not my vernacular so i am probably seeing it wrong.
PS, apologies for spamming the thread,kind of..
KrazyKanuck
5% products discount

Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

I have been reading post after post about dermarollers (yikes, there sure are ALOT of posts in regard to them, lol) and although I am "learning the ropes" about them I am still uber-confused about a few things.

First of all, needle lengths; are there any recommendations as to what needle lengths are best to start out with (I've never rolled before) and, if it is necessary to start out with shorter needles will they actually do a good job? I'm not exactly keen on stabbing myself with the longer length needles but, then again, I can be a little impatient at times so I would be willing to give the longer ones a try "right from the start" if I felt they would give me better results faster.

In addition, I have also heard that the longer needles should only be used by professionals so this is another thing that stumps me as I have read various things about NON-professionals using the longer needles, themselves, at home. Is it okay to actually use these longer needles as a home routine if you are inexperienced or...?

As for what I want to use the dermaroller(s) for -- I would like to use it/them on both my face and stomach. My face has very few wrinkles but I do have some ruddiness and dark spots on it that kind of bother me so if I could help dimish their appearance I would be thrilled.

In regard to my stomach my goal is to see what I can do to diminish (or better yet, get rid of completely) my stretch marks. Some are rather skinny and not to deep while others are much larger and deeper. However, none are purplish or red in color but rather silvery-white.

Anyway, I guess my main question is: what roller(s)/needle lengths would one recommend to me for;

1) My face
2) My stomach

Also, as silly as this question may sound, can someone tell me where to go to actually buy these things? I mean, I do know there are various places that they are sold but I just don't know how to "weed out" the good sites (legit ones) from the bad (phoney sites) so I'm afraid to make purchases from just any ol' site. Are the rollers that some folks buy from places like Ebay really "legit" rollers? I don't know why but I have this intense fear of buying one that may end up being fake/contaminated/junkie/etc and this frightens me off from actually making a purchase. I guess what I am really trying to say is that I am hoping to purchase roller(s) that are both decently priced while still being safe-for-use at the same time.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can share with me.

Oh, and I'm a 45 year old, caucasian female, if that makes any difference.

Thanks again, everyone! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |