Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:24 am      Reply with quote
After doing a treadment, can you use make up?
If I do a treatment in the evening can I put on my make up in the morning?
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Sherry, I've only rolled once (as soon as I got my Dr. Roller out of the pkg. Laughing ). Mine has 1.5mm needles. I have some acne scarring and read here that that would be advisable. I went really, really easy around my mouth because I get fever blisters. So, I'll get as close to my lips as possible without touching them.
Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Confused

I think I want to buy this. ??? so confused. Can you all help me.

I have lines around my lips I want gone. Will this work? How do you do this on the lip lines. I read you are not to use this on your lips. Okay, then I guess if that is true, it won't work for lip lines. Right?

Also, what one should I buy. What pin length? Or pin something? Can anyone help this confused 55 year old. I need it.

Let's see what we can do, Sherry Smile

1.5mm needles would be great.www.dermarollers.com sells very good rollers to a very nice price.

The lip thing is for people who has had herpes cold sores. It's easy to trig an outburst when rolling the lips if you have had a cold sore earlier. Dr. Fernandes roll those too, he just uses preventative creams before and after.

I haven't had any cold sore and roll both my lips and the area above my lips. I have no upper lip lines to remove, but the lip border looks very plumped and both area seem to respond very quickly to the rolling. I do have a little paper-cut scar that I follow, but I am still a little too early in the process to tell how it ends.

The final results don't show up in a while. It takes about three months to see them, but of course there are improvements along the road. I have read somewhere that the skin keeps improving for about a year after a treatment series, but after a couple of renewal cycles you get a pretty good idea of the result.

It's also worth mentioning that the rolling can trig herpes without necessarily rolling the lips. He recommend to use a cream against it if you feel some warning that an outburst is coming. I don't know the signs, but I guess they are easy to recognize.

Rebecca/Snowqueen67 has used the roller around her mouth with very good results, so it can be worth while to read her posts.

Keliu posted a picture a while ago in another thread and that's what motivated me to look into dermarolling. Her skin is amazing! Plump, thick and juicy. I wish I had other words to describe it, but those are the best I've found Smile

It could also be worth getting some numbing cream like Emla e.g. It's probably not the same for every one, but I find the mouth area to be the worst area to roll Crying or Very sad But no pain, no gain. Right? Very Happy

Here's a little more about rolling lips:
http://www.psp-interactive.com/issues/articles/2007-01_07.asp

Hope this helped a little Smile

Cadia
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia
Thanks so much for your response. I helps so much. Do you think it will help the 11's on between my eyes.
lilredhead
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
After doing a treadment, can you use make up?
If I do a treatment in the evening can I put on my make up in the morning?

Hi there! I always wear makeup the next day. I've never had any problems and it helps disguise the redness! Wink
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
lilredhead

Thanks !!!! Cool
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Cadia
Thanks so much for your response. I helps so much. Do you think it will help the 11's on between my eyes.

I have to admit that I think Botox is the thing for the 11's, but I'm sure the thickening of the skin will improve them. A combination would probably be the best of all Smile
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Cadia wrote:
Keliu, I think this is what you mean:
http://www.consultingroom.com/Treatment_FAQs/Product_Display.asp?Product_ID=11&Product_Name=Restylane%20®%20Vital

Thanks for the link Cadia - this is exactly what I'm talking about, interesting don't you think? I'm now applying hyaluronic acid, along with my other actives, directly after rolling.

BTW, I'm also really liking the effects of using my Anti Aging Lightstim after needling - it's very soothing and helps plump up the skin.

This is amazing...2 days ago after I rolled, I'm thinking.....now what I need is.....HA....I had some powder in the cupboard, and mixed it up!!! Now I see this. Great idea.

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Snowqueen67,
Where did you buy your HA powder from, was it from Skin Actives? And could you please tell me how you mix it up - do you use distilled water? Quantities? TIA.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:48 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Hi Snowqueen67,
Where did you buy your HA powder from, was it from Skin Actives? And could you please tell me how you mix it up - do you use distilled water? Quantities? TIA.

Keliu...I'm sorry but I cannot remember where I got it...it was over a year ago. I think it was an Australian seller. I use distilled water to mix it. But I am embarrassed to say, I just mixed it till it looked right this time, coz I couldn't be bothered looking up the dilution. Embarassed My skin looks way better since doing this though.

I have also bought a very inexpensive (but very nice) barrier/repair product...its like a silky gel... made by the "Vaseline" company. I have been putting that on, on top of everything else in the PM, and it seems to be getting rid of the dryness I continue to experience with the DR.

Sorry I didn't help at all with this one.

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:10 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Hi Snowqueen67,

I bought mine from GOW, but I haven't gotten around to mix it yet.
http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/actives.html
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:16 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
I have also bought a very inexpensive (but very nice) barrier/repair product...its like a silky gel... made by the "Vaseline" company. I have been putting that on, on top of everything else in the PM, and it seems to be getting rid of the dryness I continue to experience with the DR.

I was going to tell you about a product (La Roche-Posay Cicaplast) that I've found to be great for the dryness, but I see you have already found the cure Very Happy

Anyway, it's amazing how it solves the problem in no time!
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Cadia, I know you have the 2mm as well, don't you? I just can't decide whether to get it or not. I've been exchanging emails with a seller and she says I only need the 1.5mm to treat my pigmentation. But I think longer would equal less treatments and a better result.

whats your opinion? Or anyone else, feel free to jump in. I want to treat now (on top of everything else!!!) the bad sun damage on my back. Which will require using my reluctant husband. He initially said "no way", but now he's said "I'll try". Laughing

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that Cadia!! Our posts are crossing over!!

I may as well as you : do you use retinA after rolling? I abandoned mine shortly before I started rolling. But now, after reading that artical, I'm thinking I should be using it???

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:45 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
Thanks for that Cadia!! Our posts are crossing over!!

I may as well as you : do you use retinA after rolling? I abandoned mine shortly before I started rolling. But now, after reading that artical, I'm thinking I should be using it???

rebecca

They are!

I only use vitamin C right after and then some oil later, but I use Retin-A like normal the rest of the time. I think the effect of Retin-A would be similar to what we get from vit.C, but my skin has always responded so well to vit.C that I prefere to go for that.
(He also says no to L-ascorbic that in the article, but we can't leave every decision to this guy, can we? Wink )

I think the seller's right about the 1.5mm being enough for pigmentation so you probably do fine with the one you have for that.

When I've used the 2mm, the skin looks pretty much the same afterwards, but the bruising stays much longer (and it's also more bruises). It took about four or five days before it was all gone, but it could easily be covered. It was also a bit more painful, but was still ok without numbing for most areas. So I guess I didn't make this much easier for you. Sorry! Smile

Cadia
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:03 am      Reply with quote
See thats why I need you guys...sometimes I'm so dumb about this stuff. I never thought Of using the retin a on the non rolling nights.

So do you use the Vit C then as well??? We're supposed to seperate them right?

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:28 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
See thats why I need you guys...sometimes I'm so dumb about this stuff. I never thought Of using the retin a on the non rolling nights.

So do you use the Vit C then as well??? We're supposed to seperate them right?

rebecca

You're not dumb at all - you are an inspiration!

Yes, I use vit C right after. That's probably why I've been peeling so much, but I think the peeling is sort of good - at least now that we've found something to help with the look.

I don't know if Retin A and Vit.C needs to be separated. I'm lousy at things like that Embarassed
I do separate them, but only because I use Retin A together with copper and vit.C with MD Forte Cream III. We have pretty strong skin in this family... Laughing

Still, Retin A on non rolling nights sounds like a good plan, and has Dr. F. blessing Wink

Cadia
MissCay
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi dear, I finally recieved my 1mm dermaroller (so happy becoz this's my first order and have waited over two weeks to arrive!) Surprised I've already tried my first rolling and followed by my super serum.

I have some questions, hope anyone can help.
The instructions leaflet in the packing said the roller only for 1 time usage. Is it true?

I am used to use acid at pm, and AHA cleanser, can I go on my routine these days?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:57 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen,

Longer is not necessarily better. Longer than 1.5mm increases chances of infection as well.

Go with the general chart of recommendations regarding length:

Needle size - used for
0.25mm - baldness, fine wrinkles, gray or thinning hair (and to help topicals penetrate)
0.5mm - alopecia, deeper wrinkles, face rejuvenation
1.0mm - loose elasticity, cellulite, stretch marks, skin pigmentation
1.5mm - acne scars, large pores, deep wrinkles, anti-aging, chicken pock scars
2.0mm - surgical scars, stretch marks, deep pitted acne
2.5mm - deep scars, body lifting, severe acne

Needle Length---Max Penetration
0.25 mm --------0.07 mm
0.50 mm --------0.30 mm
1.00 mm --------0.70 mm
1.50 mm --------1.30 mm
2.20 mm --------1.50 mm

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi, MissCay,
If you are only using it for yourself you can use it again and again. Just make sure to run it under really hot water when you're finished. Perhaps you may wish to pour some alcohol over it as well. I think that those instructions are mostly geared to avoid cross contamination. As far as your AHA routine... you may find that you need to skip it on the day that you roll. Your skin will be tender and it may make it uncomfortable!! Embarassed
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi lilredhead,
Another sneezer! I'm glad not to be alone. I sneeze like crazy for the first minute or 2, then it subsides. I use vit c serum followed by retin-a after rolling; but I've got pretty tough skin.
Robin
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
snowqueen,

Longer is not necessarily better. Longer than 1.5mm increases chances of infection as well.

Go with the general chart of recommendations regarding length:

Needle size - used for
0.25mm - baldness, fine wrinkles, gray or thinning hair (and to help topicals penetrate)
0.5mm - alopecia, deeper wrinkles, face rejuvenation
1.0mm - loose elasticity, cellulite, stretch marks, skin pigmentation
1.5mm - acne scars, large pores, deep wrinkles, anti-aging, chicken pock scars
2.0mm - surgical scars, stretch marks, deep pitted acne
2.5mm - deep scars, body lifting, severe acne

Needle Length---Max Penetration
0.25 mm --------0.07 mm
0.50 mm --------0.30 mm
1.00 mm --------0.70 mm
1.50 mm --------1.30 mm
2.20 mm --------1.50 mm

Thankyou so much Lunarmm......I have of course seen the chart before.But I suppose I thought, that deeper would do "those things and more" does that make sense. Or do it more effectively.

In any case you helped me decide to proceed with the 1.5mm.

thanks so much

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
MissCay wrote:
Hi dear, I finally recieved my 1mm dermaroller (so happy becoz this's my first order and have waited over two weeks to arrive!) Surprised I've already tried my first rolling and followed by my super serum.

I have some questions, hope anyone can help.
The instructions leaflet in the packing said the roller only for 1 time usage. Is it true?

I am used to use acid at pm, and AHA cleanser, can I go on my routine these days?

Congrats on your first roll. The one time, means single usage (as in only one user) it should be good for many many rolls!!

rebecca

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:40 am      Reply with quote
lilredhead wrote:
Hi, MissCay,
If you are only using it for yourself you can use it again and again. Just make sure to run it under really hot water when you're finished. Perhaps you may wish to pour some alcohol over it as well. I think that those instructions are mostly geared to avoid cross contamination. As far as your AHA routine... you may find that you need to skip it on the day that you roll. Your skin will be tender and it may make it uncomfortable!! Embarassed

Thanks very much! Actually I have a quite silly thought- how I can check if the needles are blunted?

Anyway I feel very surprise to the result only on the third day after rolling. What an amazing product!
MissCay
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks snowqueen67

Last night my hubby suddenly told me my pores on cheeks looked obviously smaller..(Rolling Eyes he's that kind of careless man. I wonder he can aware of this.)

I know it's too early to report my result but I really can feel the difference of my skin now Razz ... I hope the roller can finally help to remove my little scar beside my nose.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |