Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
radieschen79
5% products discount

Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
glamgirlajjk wrote:

Be careful with the needle, the "popping" sound could have been from hitting a muscle. When I get botox , it kind of sounds like a crunching noise.

When I'm rolling with my 1.00 and 1.5mm derma rollers I get the same "popping" or crunching noises as described many times in this thread, so I'm really not worried about it. I even think this may be necessary for getting results?

Wow, my skin is really looking great after my last rolling 2 weeks ago. The fine lines under the eyes and crows feet are diminishing, even the big pores are shrinking.

About what I'm surprised the most is that my spider veines/broken capillaries and the redness from my rosacea on my cheeks and nose are completely GONE! After only 4 intense rolling sessions!

This was my biggest concern for even trying the derma rollers, because I thought rosacea and the inflammation that comes with dermarolling would not be a good fit together. I even omitted my cheeks and nose in my first rollings because I was so afraid to aggravate my rosacea. Wow, I was so wrong in this!

Honestly, I don't care about my 11's wrinkles that much anymore (the reason why I bought the dermarollers in the first place, lol), my spider veines/broken capillaries and the redness are GONE! In the last few weeks I didn't have to use a concealer anymore, for the first time in maybe 15 years? I'm so over the moon with this, I would never have expected these results with my rosacea.

For my 11's wrinkles I think it is going to take a few more intense rolling sessions in the next few months for building up new collagen. I'm planning on rolling the next time in late september.
radieschen79
5% products discount

Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

one year later and my skin is looking better than ever. I did intense micro-needling sessions with my 1.00mm and 1.5mmm derma-rollers every 5-6 weeks, with a break of 3 months during the hot summer.

The redness and the spider-veines from my rosacea are completely gone by now and the collagen is building up really well. I did maybe 9 intense sessions in the last year.

For the last 2 rollings I included the serum "Buffet" from The Ordinary, meaning I put it on the skin as a lube during the needling, so it could really penetrate deep into the skin.

I'm a bit angry at myself for not trying these peptides any earlier, because it gave me such good results. It's like I had 1 needling session with the same results as two without them.

Anyhow, I thought I would give a follow-up.
iostream71
5% products discount

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone recommend a liquid of some kind to give a bit of slide for when I use a dermapen type device? After I wash my face, it makes the pen skip along erratically. Preferably something I could get locally like drugstore or maybe health food store
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
iostream71 wrote:
Can someone recommend a liquid of some kind to give a bit of slide for when I use a dermapen type device? After I wash my face, it makes the pen skip along erratically. Preferably something I could get locally like drugstore or maybe health food store

Derma roller has hyaluronic acid ampules, it is recommended after rolling, not sure if it helps give some slide.
lilchik
5% products discount

Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
I have been reading this thread for a while now...lots of information . However, I don't know where to start with the dermatorolling, where to get it from and maybe some simple instructions for the beginners. I'm 55 years of age and not really sure if it is still a useful tool to improve sagging, wrinkling and the rest of "Beautiful" attributes of the aging.
Thank you in advance Wink
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

Glad to see that you want to jump on the bandwagon of dermarolling.

I have been doing this treatment over 6 years by myself and do see that fine lines were diminished and my cheeks were restored and pumped.

No matter what you want to achieve, you need to apply retinol and Vitamin C serum before and after the treatments so as to increase the collagen production.

Also, light bleeding on the treated areas is a must; otherwise, you won't see results.

Maybe you know who Dr. Des Fernandes is; he is the pioneer of dermarolling.

His advice is to use 1.0 mm once a week for about 6 weeks; if deeper wrinkles and scars, then use 1.5 mm or 2.0 mm. After 6 treatments, you may take a break of few months and resume 6-treatment again.

Collagen may take you 6 months to 11 months to produce.

Here are some videos for your reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLCJ5VHTfiY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFNe2_9YJXs

One of the latest videos of Dr. Des Fernandes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN40mdO3HbM

Dr. Fernandes even suggested needling with 1 mm every 2 - 3 days to increase TGF beta 3 levels.
lilchik
5% products discount

Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Summer2004,
Thank you so much for the prompt reply.
It was very helpful. Can you recommend any particular dermatoroller based on your own experience?
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I only use Dr. Roller, a Korean brand famous for its premium medical grade stainless steel needle quality.

EDS carries this brand.

https://www.essentialdayspa.com/dr-roller-m_415_1258.htm

Don't purchase any rollers which are more than 192 needles, in the market, sellers keep promoting rollers made with 500 needles and say that the more needles, the more effective the rolling is. It is not true, cross-linked / staggered pattern is the most effective design.

Here is what a 500-needle roller look like.

https://cdn-prod.medicalnewstoday.com/content/images/hero/320/320776/320776_1100.jpg
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Few more things that I want to share with you.

If you want to re-use the roller, you must disinfect it thoroughly. You may follow the instruction of Owndoc (page 37).

https://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf

Second, if time allows, it is better for you to do the treatment on a weekly basis. In the first 4 years, I rolled every month and did not see much drastic improvement, though the skin got firmer; it was not what I wanted to achieve.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6527959&highlight=#6527959

Starting from 2017 I took the advice of Dr. Fernandes and rolled it every week. Last year, I followed his routine to do the rolling 3 times in 10 days (2 mm). Take a 2-month break an then do another 10-day treatment. 4 sessions a year.

Now, I am happy with the results.

You may wonder what the improvement is.

Before rolling, I looked like this lady, sagging skin.

https://www.flexeffect.com/kay/

After 7 years of rolling, no more sagging; my skin got firm up a lot. It is not exaggerating to say that I have restored my youthful look.
(Like the gentleman in black) https://www.flexeffect.com/hamelin/

You can see how dermarolling can help sagging.

Also, you need to know that the first 2-3 days after rolling, you will find your skin peeling; like a sand paper; it is normal; don't attempt to remove the dead skin.

The last thing you have to know that light bleeding or pinpricks of blood is a must.
lilchik
5% products discount

Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again Summer2004,

Should I start with 0.5 mm or go straight to 1.00- 1.5mm? Do I have to buy all sizes or slowly progress from one to another?
Do you use numbing cream with 1-2.00 mm needles?

Thank you;)
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:52 am      Reply with quote
It really depends on the issues that you want to address.

If your skin is as sagging as mine, then you need to start with 1.5 mm.

If you want to diminish very fine line, then 1.0 mm is good enough.

For 1.0 mm and 1.5 mm, I use rollers, for 2.0 mm & 2.5 mm, I use Derminator of Owndoc. I don't use numbing cream.

To me, Derminator is less painful than rollers.
nano

Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks summer2004,

Your posts are really helpful!
So far it has been difficult to find those with experience of sessions of frequent needling. In the research, it is these cases that show the largest effects.
apakris

Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
marinaandtherobots wrote:
MaryClaire and glamglass...I have pm'ed you both the studies, as you can see the results are quite impressive

I personally wouldn't have thought dermarolling tretinoin would be safe due to the huge increase in penetration of tretinoin, but the report showed them using 10% tretinoin and it was highly tolerated. As it's claimed dermarolling results in product penetration being 200 times as much as without dermarolling, I made a rough estimation that 0.025 x 200 would have an effect comparable to 5% tretinoin. This may not be true though, this is my own theory.

My routing consists of dermarolling over my face, applying a thin layer of 0.025% tretinoing, dermarolling again over after about 2 minutes, then applying another thin layer. It does sting no doubt. When I first started, I began with 1 layer after waiting 5 minutes, this is because I was being overly cautious, I'm highly prone to hyperpigmentation due to being brown skinned. There is some peeling after 2 days that lasts 2-3 days.

I usually do it every 2-3 weeks but after 3 peeks take 5 or so weeks off. It has made a difference more than everything i've tried for my mild acne scarring and veryy veryy stubborn hyperpigmentation. I've tried most stuff, however i've avoided TCA as i'm coloured.

Oh to add, i had previously been dermarolling without tretinoin, i saw very litte results compared to dermarolling with the tretinoin.

Hi,

I want to try this Tretinoin Peel. Have been using topical 0.05% tret daily for the last 3 months. I do have some stubborn hyperpigmentation and stopped microneedling since I got on tret. Did anyone else try applying tret after microneedling ? How long can we leave it on? Is overnight ok, or should we wash it off after some hours ?

I am planning 0.5mm dermaroll + 0.05% tret.

Any experience, inputs and tips/suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!
sharron489
5% products discount

Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Derma ROLLER FR Leaf and Rusher have always given good results
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |