Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
thanks so much Bethany!

I will check them out!

xox
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Tigerlilly wrote:
I have a question though. Is anyone using the roller to treat spider veins on the body, and, if so, what are your results so far?
I read in an article (I can't remember where I found it) that the spider veins/broken capillaries can't withstand the multiple micro-injuries of rolling, and therefore collapse. This seems to make sense. I tried a small area on my leg, but I don't know how long the process takes before the final result?
Anyone have any insight?

I have lots of horrible spider veins on my legs and had also given some thought to rolling them - so I gave it a go last night. I did it in the shower (someone else recommended this approach - sorry, can't remember who it was but I thought it was a good idea). Anyway, I used my 1.5 roller and I can't believe how much it hurt! Who would think that rolling the legs would hurt more than the face. Very strange. This morning I have huge red patches on my legs from where I've rolled - but they're a great compliment to the black bruises that I already have from cupping!! My legs now look as if I've been hit by a bus.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu,
The description of the results of your cupping and rolling are just too funny Laughing Laughing If someone doesn't understand this process and reads these posts they probably think we are all a bunch of nuts Rolling Eyes They just don't know the end result!!!!!
Toby
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu...it was me about the shower. Did you have the water quite hot? The water also needs to be running on the area you are rolling. I found it worked well on my legs??? Sorry it didn't help Sad

BTW it seemed to at least superficially help the skin on my thighs immediately. I had all these little bumps, which hadn't responded to exfoliation...and they were gone next day!!

cheers

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
snowqueen67 wrote:
Following the questions about pigmentation, I offer that I had moderate pigmentation/melasma and freckling. This has completely gone, as a result of the DR and presumably the Vit C I have used with it. I have used the 1.5mm only. I have done probably 20 or more rolls though...... I didn't read all the science before I started, just went for it, and never took breaks etc. My skin looks wonderful, so I'm not sorry.

rebecca

This is fabulous news...did you use hydroquinone at all for your melasma, or just the Vit C?

Yes I had previously used HQ extensively (even made up my own 8% strength. It helped very little if at all. I tried using it with rolling on my chest, but got too much irritation. So to answer you, the DR and the Vit C cleared my pigmentation, but I have rolled A LOT!!!

I have just used a fairly cheap "skin doctors" Vit C which seems to have done the trick!
I have now added Matrixyl for collagen building etc. Love it!

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
Keliu...it was me about the shower. Did you have the water quite hot? The water also needs to be running on the area you are rolling. I found it worked well on my legs??? Sorry it didn't help Sad

BTW it seemed to at least superficially help the skin on my thighs immediately. I had all these little bumps, which hadn't responded to exfoliation...and they were gone next day!!

cheers

rebecca

Thanks Snowqueen, I'm not saying that rolling in the shower isn't a good idea - because I think it is. I was just surprised that my legs were so tender, I thought it would be like rolling leather! I'm going to continue working on the spider veins, although I don't appear to be impacting on the veins themselves in that the blood doesn't seem to be dispersing. Still, if the skin thickens up, they won't be as noticeable.
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
so what is everyone's favorite vitamin c serum to roll with?
I would make my own, but way too klutzy to do that right now..lol

I am thinking the oil-solubles like 302?

Thanks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I checked the Dr. Roller documentation that came with my 1.5mm and it says that it is a one use tool to be used only by professionals and then disposed of (so it doesn't have ongoing usage instructions).

Interestingly, it does say:

"Side Effects"

It can cause pigmentation
(those who have a sensitive skin can experience pigmentation when Dr. Roller is pushed into the skin too deep)

I just wanted to follow this up with some documentation I saw on the Nova website tonight:

Quote:
Q: What about color changes on the skin that we may see some times.

A: Discolouration is rare and generally only a 'permanent problem' if a 2.0 or longer needle is used, I have never seen a permanent colour change, and we have been using the skinrollers in our clinic for some time. Changes in skin colour can also be because of toxins migrating to the surface and then the colour (patches) fade out as you keep rolling. Also old collegan fibres break down as you roll, and as the skin is uneven, there may look like changes in colour in patches, but this is temporary.New colour also comes to the skin naturally as you roll, as in a healthy glow as pores are cleaned out and new collegan grows, so that would be the colour you are supposed to be, as in a healthy skin tone. I wouldn't suggest you use any chemical on the colour change, just keep rolling and allow it to balance out naturally - if it ever occurs.

http://www.dermarollers.com/qa.html

5% products discount

Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:02 am      Reply with quote
Sherry- I wanted to follow up on your questions.
Yes, I roll VERY aggressively, but I only roll every 2 months....My skin is very red after my roll like a terrible sunburn or chemical peel. I have gotten some light bruising. My skin stays really red for about 2 days and is still red for a couple more but not so bad. With make up it looks fine. For about a week after my roll my skin is a little tight and peels slightly...No, I don't have before and after pics.

Mog- I use ice to numb my face, but it still hurts. I roll about a 3x3 inch area at a time. I don't use any products while I am healing.

I am going to continue to roll with the 2mm every 2 months for a few more rolls, then I will just do maintenance rolls every 6 months or so. I only roll my face now, but am later going to roll my eyes, neck, stretch marks etc. I don't want to dull my Dr. Roller so now I am concentrating on the area that bothers me the most, my face.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Poka dot:
Thanks for the response. I used my 1.5 aggressively for about 7/8 weeks one roll a week. Except for the beginning, I was rolling 3 times a week. After I read that you should roll once a week. I went to that plan. I have taken a break from the hard core rolling. When I did the 1.5 roll, I was out of commission for 3 days. I would do it on a Friday evening and was red... red for 3 days, until Monday. So now I just roll with the .5 for product penetration. I am usually okay after that roll the next morning. Do you think the 2.0 is better to roll with than the 1.5. I may get that for my next series of rolls when I begin again in Sept/Oct. I too and only using this on my face as that is what bothers me the most. My lip lines and my jowls. I can say that my lip line has lessened, but not gone. Time will tell. What actives do you use?
Tigerlilly
5% products discount

Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I have lots of horrible spider veins on my legs and had also given some thought to rolling them - so I gave it a go last night. I did it in the shower (someone else recommended this approach - sorry, can't remember who it was but I thought it was a good idea). Anyway, I used my 1.5 roller and I can't believe how much it hurt! Who would think that rolling the legs would hurt more than the face. Very strange. This morning I have huge red patches on my legs from where I've rolled - but they're a great compliment to the black bruises that I already have from cupping!! My legs now look as if I've been hit by a bus.[/quote]

Ha! Well, I did a test patch on a small area on my thigh, and yes, OUCH! I also noticed it takes FOREVER to heal, so don't panic if this happens to you.
I'm not quite a month after the roll, but I think there is an improvement. I can't be sure because I didn't take detailed notes of what the area looked like before, and since it took so long to heal, that made my memory even cloudier. I will say this, it looks different from what I remember, and while the all the veins are not gone, from what I can remember many of them seem lighter, not as noticeable.
I'm going to keep observing that little area for a couple of more weeks, then I'm going to do another small test patch in a different area with more detailed notes of what the area looked like before. (I don't want to roll large areas if it's not making a difference cuz OUCH!)
What I think is: as long as the needles are reaching the veins and as long as you are causing multiple micro-injuries to the veins, the veins are not going to be able to repair themselves to their former state, but even if they do, the skin above them thickening makes them less noticable. That's the theory I'm working with, but time will tell.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
I thought I would weigh in with my Rolling Results after 1 month:

I have done 4 weekly rolls (2 with the .5mm and 2 with the 1.0mm):

- My neck lines have definitely diminished (both the collarbone line and the ones on my neck)
- A vein under my eye is far less visible
- The texture of my skin looks better
- My 11's and my forehead lines are somewhat diminished
- The crepey skin under my eyes is less crepey
- The skin on my hands is definitely thicker, though the texture is a bit odd (it looks like elephant skin)

I certainly think that my CPs, 302 Topicals and Retin A are contributing to the success, but I used all of them prior to rolling and didn't see results like this.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:34 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I thought I would weigh in with my Rolling Results after 1 month:

I have done 4 weekly rolls (2 with the .5mm and 2 with the 1.0mm):

- My neck lines have definitely diminished (both the collarbone line and the ones on my neck)
- A vein under my eye is far less visible
- The texture of my skin looks better
- My 11's and my forehead lines are somewhat diminished
- The crepey skin under my eyes is less crepey
- The skin on my hands is definitely thicker, though the texture is a bit odd (it looks like elephant skin)

I certainly think that my CPs, 302 Topicals and Retin A are contributing to the success, but I used all of them prior to rolling and didn't see results like this.

Wow! That's very encouraging! I think I may have not rolled as aggressively as possible but now I don't want to roll again in case I just take longer to produce collagen. I do notice that my pores are smaller. Smile

I also rolled some spider veins about a month ago. I have to thank my oldest son for those. Smile They are (maybe?) less noticeable but they are not gone. I have a lot I could be working on but I wanted to watch this one first to see what would happen. I didn't do it in the shower and I'm gonna try that.

Could you tell my why I should do it in the shower again? Sorry, I can't remember. Confused Thanks!
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:52 am      Reply with quote
i have read most of the posts on this topic (took me about 2 hours!) and it looks like most of you are using a longer needle length, i have been using a .75mm from clearskin which they recommend daily to induce collagen and also help with pushing products into the skin

i was confused as what i have read on here seems to contradict what they said so i emailed them and they said that .75 mm is a better length as it still penetrates the dermis so induces collagen but because it doesnt cause a lot of bleeding you can do it more frequently, and get much better results.

the email they sent gives a lot of useful information on needle lengths and widths so i am posting it just in case anyone else finds it helpful:

In 2005, to meet the needs of her patients, Dr Philippa McCaffery developed the only homecare skin rollers available that are designed to be reusable for 12 months. The Clearskincare rollers are designed to perform the technique known as skin needling or Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) where needles pierce the skin and stimulating the upper dermis and the bodies wound healing response to produce collagen and elastin and thereby naturally infill scars, lines and wrinkles.? The Clearskincare Rollers represent 2 years of research, design, development and patient trials to bring an effective and affordable skin roller to clinicians and the public. The Clearskincare Roller range is unique, they are constructed of the finest quality stainless steel needles mounted in the highest quality autoclavable medical grade plastic rollers and handle. Used daily and cared for as directed your Clearskincare homecare roller will last for 12 months.

Dr McCaffery designed the Clearskincare Roller range to maximise results for treating acne scars , lines, wrinkles , stretch marks as well as thinning hair whilst minimising downtime and pain. Maximising results whilst minimising downtime and pain is acheived by the careful selection of needle length to target the specific areas of the epidermis and dermis to achieve these goals. To achieve these desired results needle length and gauge are the most critical factors when selecting skin rollers. Clearskincare rollers use 0.25mm gauge needles, the thickest usable needle gauge to stimulate maximum collagen and elastin whilst not causing scarring. Thicker needles will cause scarring, unnecessary pain and bleeding, thinner needles will not stimulate enough collagen or elastin to be effective.

The Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller uses a 0.75mm needle length to target the upper dermis to stimulate collagen and elastin and significantly improve the absorption of skin products. The 0.75mm needle length was chosen to target the average depth of the upper dermis in both male and female skins on the face, scalp and body. A shorter needle will not pierce the upper dermis, longer needles will cause unnecessary pain and bleeding. The Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller comes in 2 sizes, 48 needle and 96 needle , both rollers can be used for treating acne scars , lines, wrinkles , stretch marks as well as thinning hair .

The Clearskincare Face Roller uses a 0.3mm needle to pierce the stratum corneum and increase the absorption of skin products. The startum corneum is located near the surface of the skin and consists of flattened dehydrated dying keratinocytes (skin cells) that provides a semi impermeable layer that protects the underlying skin and organs from the environment. The majority of creams, lotions and serums applied to the skin is trapped on the surface by the stratum corneum. Products designed for treating the dermis such as Vitamin A and C and copper peptides to be effective need to pass through the stratum corneum. The Clearskincare Face Roller uses a 0.3mm needle to pierce the stratum corneum, this is the average depth of the stratum corneum in male and female skins on the face, neck and d?colletage Shorter needles will not be long enough to pierce the stratum corneum, longer needles will cause unnecessary pain and bleeding. If you are using Vitamin A and C , copper peptides or any product designed for the dermis you should be using them in combination with the Clearskincare Face Roller.

Others rollers on the market were designed to be disposable and use inferior needles and toothbrush grade plastics. They were designed by engineers who have no medical background or understanding of scar, anti aging skin treatment, hair loss or any understanding of the human anatomy, hence their generic choices of needle lengths (0.25mm, 0.5mm, 1mm, 1.5mm, 2.5mm etc.) that were chosen purely for their ease of manufacture from an engineering perspective. There was no anatomical or results driven reasoning for the choice of these generic needle lengths.

It should also be noted that when using needles for CIT, the longer the needle the quicker they become blunt. A 1.5mm needle will last only 10-12 treatments, it will also be painful (you will need to use some form of topical anesthetic) and bloody. A 1mm will be the same but not quite to the same degree (it will last 1.5 to 3 months max). The pain and excessive bleeding inhibits users from performing effective treatments on themselves. The 0.75mm needle was chosen because it is long enough to stimulate collagen and elastin, proof is that it causes spot bleeding meaning that it has passed through the epidermal/dermal junction and is thereby stimulating the upper dermis creating collagen and elastin, yet short enough not to cause pain or major bleeding thereby inhibiting the user to effectively perform the treatment on themselves and just the right length to be durable and able to last for 12 months with daily use.

It is Clearskincare's aim is to provide effective and affordable solutions for acne, acne scarring, scarring, pigmentation, sun damage, aging skin and hair loss to all.? Please have a look at our eBay guide ‘Acne scar, scar & aging skin treatment - Skin Needling’ - http://reviews.ebay.com.au/Acne-scar-scar-amp-aging-skin-treatment-Skin-Needling_W0QQugidZ10000000000733514 for further information.?

The success of skin needling is dependent on (but not limited to) 2 main factors:

Type of scarring; and
Your bodies ability to produce collagen.

The Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller comes in 2 sizes, 96 needle and 48 needle versions. The 96 needle version’s roller (sold on eBay as our hair restoration roller) is twice the width of the 48 needle roller, enabling the user to roll twice the area of skin in half the amount of time. Both rollers were designed and are suitable for treating acne scars and all indented scars, lines, stretchmarks and hair loss.

Skin needling using the Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller and the recommended products is the safest and most effective method of treating your acne scarring. Laser resurfacing and clinical microdermabrasion present the following problems/risks:

* Risk of hypo (light) and hyperpigmentation (dark), especially with darker skins;

* Risk of infection;

* Extended downtime (healing time) after treatment;

* Extremely painful (laser less so) during and post treatment;

* May not improve scarring at all; and

* Expensive

The Clearskincare Roller range was developed by Dr McCaffery after 2 years research, design and patient trials to perform skin needling. Skin needling involves the needles of the roller inflicting micro wounds, inducing the body's natural wound healing response and stimulating collagen and elastin production. The Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller also creates micro channels that increase the absorption of creams up to 10,000 fold. Creams are applied after rolling. All Clearskincare Rollers are TGA (Australian Therapeutic Goods Association) approved and constructed from the finest quality stainless steel acupuncture needles mounted on a fully autoclavable durable plastic roller and handle. Clearskincare Rollers are the only rollers available that are designed to be reused, all the others on the market are designed to be disposable. Used as directed the Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller will last for 12 months.

One of the biggest advantages of skin needling for scar/pigmentation/sundamage/ageing skin treatment over alternative treatments such as laser resurfacing and procedural microdermabrasion is its safety. The other major benefits are that you will usually get better or comparable results from skin needling than the previously mentioned procedures for a fraction of the cost and it is permanent. Other benefits

include:

* used by only one person, there is no risk of infection from the Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller;

* no pain, the Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller is painless, a moderate to strong prickling sensation is experienced when using and for approximately 5-10 minutes after use. The duration of this prickling sensation decreases as you establish your skin needling treatment programme routine;

* the micropunctures created by the roller needles do not compromise the epidermis, in fact there is complete preservation of the epidermis during the rolling procedure, therefore there is no permanent damage to the skin, no pain, no bleeding, no risk of infection, discoloration such as hypo or hyperpigmentation;

* there is no reddening of the skin, scabbing or grazing from using the Clearskincare & Scalp Roller;

* no down time for healing, the client can carry on with normal day to day activities immediately after performing the rolling procedure with the Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller; and

* there is no damage to any of the structures below the skin. Micropunctures created by the Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller have a maximum depth of 0.6-0.65mm which is near the depth and just below the epidermal/dermal junction. Therefore, there rolling cannot damage any of the structures that lie in the mid dermis and below.

The Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller (needle length of 0.75mm, gauge 0.25mm) the Homecare treatment of indented scars such as acne and chicken pox scars, advanced sundamaged and ageing skin. This roller significantly increases the penetration of skin creams. Using the Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller is not painful and it can be safely used on even the most delicate skin areas ie. under the eyes.

There is no down time from using the Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller, the roller is used daily, there is no bleeding (minor spotting may occur), reddening of the skin, scabbing or pain. A mild prickling sensation is experienced whilst rolling that may persist for approximately 5-15 minutes after rolling, the persistence of this prickling sensation diminishes once the rolling routine has been established.

As each individual patient has different levels and grades of scarring the amount of time that you continue needling varies from patient to patient. The length of time that you continue needling is controlled by the size and depth of scars, area of scars and the patients individual healing time response. Your skin is naturally renewed every 40 days. Results will be noticeable from the Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller after 2 cycles (80 days). Significant results will be evident after 4-6 cycles. You should continue rolling until you are happy with the results and feel your lines have infilled sufficiently and your skin tone has evened sufficiently. Alternatively you can continue rolling indefinitely as one of the benefits of skin needling is the infilling of lines/wrinkle and the ongoing improvement and maintenance of yourskin texture and complexion giving you perpetual nonsurgical homecare facelifts.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, ellie.

Just a short comment:
You told that Clearskin recommends rolling with the 0.75 mm needles every day. I think these needles are far too long to be used every day. I thought I should be able to use the 0.5 mm needles on my face every other day to help with product penetration. It was far too painful for me to use it that often. Now I consider the 0.15 mm for this purpose.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:12 am      Reply with quote
My daughter has been using the .75 roller that I purchased for her just about everyday. She has had no problems at all and her skin has benefited immensely. I guess it's an individual thing, some are more sensative than others.
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:40 am      Reply with quote
i have also been using .75 every day with no probs, they said that any shorter needles than this wont induce collagen, so with thats the best length for collagen induction with the least amount of pain and bleeding

yes some people are more sensitive but also you can get used to it, maybe when you get used to a shorter length you can upgrade to a longer length
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
Thanks for the info, ellie.

Just a short comment:
You told that Clearskin recommends rolling with the 0.75 mm needles every day. I think these needles are far too long to be used every day. I thought I should be able to use the 0.5 mm needles on my face every other day to help with product penetration. It was far too painful for me to use it that often. Now I consider the 0.15 mm for this purpose.

I definitely agree from a pain standpoint, plus I am not convinced that daily inflammation from deeper wounds is a good thing. I just finished my 4th skincare book (all by top skincare experts), and they are all pretty consistent on the need to avoid inflammation to help prevent aging skin.

I think the periodic inflammation for the short periods of deeper rolls (followed by a significant break) is warranted, but daily? I'm not willing to go there.

Ellie, if you look at my previous posts, you will also see that I am not a proponent of deeper needles, and think that much can be accomplished with just a .15mm and a .5mm.

However, I think a 1.0mm is warranted for areas of thicker skin (like cheeks) and to reduce slight sagging and light wrinkles. But if someone has acne scarred skin and stretchmarks, the longer needles are necessary to break up scar tissues bundles.

Here is some reading that will help clarify some of that:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29860&highlight=cit

Here is a breakdown of the needle lengths and recommended usages by one of the inventing doctors:

FYI...I personally consider this to be far more reliable than info found on the many asian knockoff websites that are producing them for import.

Quote:
The Dermaroller™ consists of a series of devices, which have both cosmetic and medical applications. Their mechanism of action is through the painless piercing of the stratum corneum of the epidermis and the subsequent tremendous increase in absorption of every substance one might apply on the human skin.

The Dermaroller™ C-8 (Cosmetic type), consists of a 12cm handle at the end of which lies a cylinder, like a small paint-roller, of 2cm diameter and 2cm length. On the surface of the cylinder, 24 circular arrays of 8 needles each (total 192 needles) are found, with a needle length of only 0.13mm (130 µm). Rolling the cylinder on the skin surface creates micro-channels on the stratum corneum, through which any kind of substance applied on the skin will gain access to the deeper and viable skin layers. The size is of the needles is more than enough to pierce the stratum corneum and allow increase in absorption of almost 10,000-fold compared to simple application to skin, but are small enough to be absolutely painless on the skin.

The Dermaroller™ C-8HE (Cosmetic model for hair-bearing surfaces, scalp - later named: Model M03) has the same size and amount of needles with the Dermaroller C-8, but the needle length is 0.3mm (300 µm). This length is still below the pain threshold, as it will be later demonstrated.

The Dermaroller™ CIT-8 (CIT: Collagen Induction Therapy, Medical model) has the same characteristics with the Cosmetic types but in this case the needle length is 0.5mm (500 µm). Rolling the cylinder on the skin surface creates deeper micro-channels on the stratum corneum, through which any kind of substance we apply on the skin will gain access to even deeper and viable skin layers. On the same time, controlled, minuscule trauma is caused to the dermis, which reacts physiologically by producing collagen. The exact mechanisms of action are described later.

The Dermaroller™ MF-8 has the same characteristics with the Cosmetic types but in this case the needle length is 1.5mm (1500µm). Rolling the cylinder on the skin surface creates even deeper micro-channels on the whole epidermis and dermis. At the same time, these longer needles will destroy scar collagen bundles, atrophic stretch marks or cellulitis bundles (orange skin).

The Dermaroller™ MS-4 is the only Dermaroller that has a smaller cylinder, 1cm length, 2cm diameter, and subsequently 4 circular arrays of needles (total 96 needles). It has the same needle length like the MF-8 model, that is 1.5mm (1500µm), it has the same indications of use like the MF-8 but mostly on areas where precision and deeper penetration is required. It is mostly used on facial acne scars.

http://www.dermaroller.de/us/science/percutanous-delivery.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:18 am      Reply with quote
polkadot wrote:
Sherry- I wanted to follow up on your questions.
Yes, I roll VERY aggressively, but I only roll every 2 months....My skin is very red after my roll like a terrible sunburn or chemical peel. I have gotten some light bruising. My skin stays really red for about 2 days and is still red for a couple more but not so bad. With make up it looks fine. For about a week after my roll my skin is a little tight and peels slightly...No, I don't have before and after pics.

Mog- I use ice to numb my face, but it still hurts. I roll about a 3x3 inch area at a time. I don't use any products while I am healing.

I am going to continue to roll with the 2mm every 2 months for a few more rolls, then I will just do maintenance rolls every 6 months or so. I only roll my face now, but am later going to roll my eyes, neck, stretch marks etc. I don't want to dull my Dr. Roller so now I am concentrating on the area that bothers me the most, my face.

I know everyone's skin is different and reacts differently. Ive used the 2.0 twice and I didnt react anything close to how you have... Do you roll many times in each area or use more pressure (i know youre supposed to use medium pressure - but i dont know how to determine pressure...)

ALSO another weird question I have is - there are all these different lengths - but its not like the entire needle is going thru the skin - why then would say the 2.0 needles be so long if really only the tip is being used???
(does that question make sense?)

thanks!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:22 am      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
ALSO another weird question I have is - there are all these different lengths - but its not like the entire needle is going thru the skin - why then would say the 2.0 needles be so long if really only the tip is being used???
(does that question make sense?)

thanks!!

When I roll, the entire needle sinks into the skin (I looked with my 10x mirror, lol).

I think it is because I do use medium pressure, and that the Dr. Roller models are weighted and have a specific needle pattern that makes deeper penetration possible.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Do you all recommend getting the 302 skincare non-aggressive system to use in conjunction with rolling?
It just seems like that is so different than their approach to non-irritating skincare though.. Confused
hmm?
What are your thoughts?
I stopped acids and Skinceuaticals C and Retin-A the other day to let my skin chill out before I purchased 302's products.

Just wondering if anyone here is using a lot of that line while rolling away?

thanks! Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
mandapanda wrote:
Do you all recommend getting the 302 skincare non-aggressive system to use in conjunction with rolling?
It just seems like that is so different than their approach to non-irritating skincare though.. Confused
hmm?
What are your thoughts?
I stopped acids and Skinceuaticals C and Retin-A the other day to let my skin chill out before I purchased 302's products.

Just wondering if anyone here is using a lot of that line while rolling away?

thanks! Smile

A number of us roll and use 302...myself, Rileygirl, Boski, etc.

You can roll with any skin care line...you just have to be careful that the topicals are not too strong, or at least apply them at times other than when you roll.

Example: I cannot use Retin-A .05% on my chest until a couple of days after I roll, as it causes hives, etc. due to the strength.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I got my 3-pack of rollers fromwww.dermaroller.us yesterday. I choose: .25mm., .5mm, and 1.5mm. Previously I've used the original Leaf & Rusher .15mm.

I just rolled with the .25mm and I definitely feel the difference in length! I had raw honey on my face - just because I already had it on my face as a moisturizing mask and decided to keep it on for the roll as it is a natural antibacterial, etc.

I'll have to wait and see how long I "feel it" cause usually even with the .15mm roller, my skin has a "sunburny" type feel to it for 24 hours -- guess Bethany and I are sensitive girls Embarassed when it comes to the rollers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:

Interestingly, it does say:

"Side Effects"

It can cause pigmentation
(those who have a sensitive skin can experience pigmentation when Dr. Roller is pushed into the skin too deep)

I just wanted to follow this up with some documentation I saw on the Nova website tonight:

Quote:
Q: What about color changes on the skin that we may see some times.

A: Discolouration is rare and generally only a 'permanent problem' if a 2.0 or longer needle is used, I have never seen a permanent colour change, and we have been using the skinrollers in our clinic for some time. Changes in skin colour can also be because of toxins migrating to the surface and then the colour (patches) fade out as you keep rolling. Also old collegan fibres break down as you roll, and as the skin is uneven, there may look like changes in colour in patches, but this is temporary.New colour also comes to the skin naturally as you roll, as in a healthy glow as pores are cleaned out and new collegan grows, so that would be the colour you are supposed to be, as in a healthy skin tone. I wouldn't suggest you use any chemical on the colour change, just keep rolling and allow it to balance out naturally - if it ever occurs.

http://www.dermarollers.com/qa.html

Hmm, bethany. I got patches of discolored skin arive on my chest after rolling there. ( with a 1.5) I havent rolled the area since! I am nervous of rolling there and the pigmentation worsening...but after reading the above I wonder if perhaps I should give it a go.. Wink
What a dilemma! Will it help, or exacerbate?!? aaagh!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Tonight was my 3rd roll with the 1 mm roller. For the past 3 weeks I have been using hydroquinone and Retin A. Tonight, when I rolled, I did see little tiny blood spots. This was a 1st for me. Also, my face was more sensitive to the roll. It may be from the Retin A and hydroquinone combination, or I might have really pushed down hard. I do feel very "sunburned" after this roll. I again applied my 302 A-boost and C-boost product right after the roll.

Ellie213, what products are you using when you do your .75 mm daily roll?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross BłAdaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |