Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
chinachatters

Thanks for your reply.
I have been looking around the internet and so far the cheapest one that I have found goes for $100 and more... Confused
If anybody has a trustable source where I can get the rollers I would appreciate it.
I would like to get both: the home use one and the 1.5mm
Any suggestion?

BTW thanks for your tips on beauty, I think I will give a try to the copper peptides and the retinol if I can get it without prescription.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Zenity,

The acupuncturist was probably using a rolling drum. There are various sizes and the drum has triangular shaped spikes on it, not really needles like the dermaroller.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the info chinachatters. I have not used it because I have been afraid, but I may just give it a shot with Obagi now!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I got my home use (Leaf & Rusher) model on Ebay for less than $100. Your best bet is do a search and then place an email search for it (have it emailed to you when someone posts one for sale).

http://search.ebay.com/derma-roller_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfromZR10QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ3QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsabfmtsZ1QQsacatZQ2d1QQsaobfmtsZinsifQQsaprchiZQQsaprcloZQQsbrsrtZd

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Duh- I've rolled with Vit C serum, Retin-a, etc, for some reason I didn't even think about applying Obagi after rolling. My uneven pigment is my biggest frustration- time to use my obagi products after rolling!
Robin
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hello again!
I need some help...
I have been doing my homework to buy the dermaroller and I have found some interesting stuff out there, but before I decide to get any I would like to ask if anybody knows the needles depth in mm of the leaf and rusher model or models.
So far I have been unable to find it at their website or at the specs of the sellers Confused

Thanks!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I know it gets confusing but all the info has been posted on this thread already.

To reiterate, the Leaf & Rusher model -- aka the Dermaroller C8's needles are a length of .13mm; maximum penetration is .07mm. This model is meant for at-home use to help penetration of topical products.

Information about all the Dermaroller models is available at:
http://www.dermaroller.de/derma-t_engl.htm

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:39 am      Reply with quote
Hello again.

Lunarmm Thanks a lot for the clarification!

Does anybody now about the brand MTS? I have not seen anybody mentioning that brand before in this forum.
They have 6 diferent models. The deepest one goes 2mm deep.

Check the links:
[url]microneedledotcombarmainbarindexdothtml
[/url]dermrollerdotcom
(Sorry to post the links this way,but since I am a new member the system does not let me post direct links Question
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity- I checked out the link- MTS looks like another version of the dermaroller and/or Novaderm. It looks like the only roller we can buy for home use is the short one- which is good for product absorption, but I'm looking for scar improvement as well as collagen production. Maybe it will find it's way to ebay- which is where I've been able to buy the big guns so far. If you get one, please let all of us roller maniacs know what you think!
Robin
lilithim
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any before-after pictures? Everywhere seems to be at least $100, and that's a real investment!
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Received my 1.5 Dermaroller which I bought on Ebay. Too scared to use on face so thought I would experiment with using it on the back of my hand Confused
Well it sort of hurts but I didn't bleed! My hand went quite red and there were a few little dots. I put on my retin a and then sun block. It didn't sting but I was aware that I had something on my hand.
Today I can 'see' some red dots so I am glad I didn't put it on my face.
Do I do this just once a week with the heavy duty roller?
I think I will get the leaf and rusher for my face and use this one for my neck chest and hands.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Got my 0.5 mm dermaroller, and used it for the first time yesterday evening. I got a smaller roller for around eyes are and crows feet.
I rolled area in between eyebrows and eye lids crease. Also I rolled crows feet. Got a little redness and a couple of tiny blood drops. Then I applied Super AOX (Cellbone product).

Today morning I noticed that my eyes looked more open, because skin below eye brows got a little lift Very Happy. I am going to roll this area and hope to see more improvement. Did not notice anything on crows feet, maybe my dermaroller is too small and I need a bigger one, and see how it goes for several weeks. Also I did not roll vigorously, just a couple of rolles horizontally and vertically.

My problem with crows feet is that they are apparent when I laugh, otherwise they are not noticeable at all. However when I laugh, the crows feet creases appear and look terrible Sad Sad. I even do not want to laugh because of it Sad.

Does anyone have experience with similar crows feet problem. Would dermaroller help? Any advice will be appreciated.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi mpstat,

What is the smaller roller you got and what is it's needle length? And where did you get it?

I only have the Dermaroller Leaf & Rusher consumer model which is .13mm. I haven't gone in for the longer needle ones -- yet...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Hello lunarmm,

I got 0.5 mm roller on ebay. If you do a search on ebay with key words "skin roller", you should get the search results for dermaroller. There are several types of dermarollers. I got mine from a seller from Thailand. It has width of 200mm, and needle length of 0.5mm. The longer the needles, the better chance to stimulate own production of collagen. Shorter needles are for better skin care products absorbtion, such as lotions/creams/etc.

When I said smaller roller, I meant that it has shorter needles of 0.5mm, as opposed to longer ones of 0.75mm/1.0mm/1.5mm.
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Today I used my 1.5 roller on the backs of hands neck and chest. It really didn't hurt that much (I"m a tough old bird Laughing ). The neck was worse but I coped. I tried to roll up and down vertical horizontal and obliquely is this right?
Then I put on Vit C (Cellex C. It stung on my neck lots but by the time I got dressed it was fine.
Glad to today is freezing as I could wear a polo neck jumper to hide the red!
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:08 am      Reply with quote
Ok tonight when I was washing up some saucepans the backs of my hands were really sore.Ow.When I finished they were bright red and i could see all these red dots from the rolling. I guess its to do with the tempreture of the water but it freaked me a little.
10 hours after rolling neck and chest are bright red.
Hopefull this will fade for work tomorrow Confused
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Ok. Used the roller again on my neck chest back of hands and forearms. I figured that my arms could do with a bit of renerating too Very Happy
Still bravely used it without emla cream and remember this is the heavy duty 1.5 one. Look it does smart on the neck especially but the hands and chest are very tolerable.
The exciting thing is I am seeing results particularly on the back of my hands. The pigmentation marks seems to have faded and the texture seems softer. Also a burn scar I had is nearly gone. Now it just might be an optical illusion as 48 hours later the colour of my skin is pinker but I am hoping it more than this!
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hey guys
I just went to ebay to buy a big gun for my sister and I couldn't find the original seller. Name was funkd77 and then changed to derma_roller but now I can't find him. The only rollers for sale are the easy going small needled ones? And I need the big gun (1.5mm) I'm thinking the bug gun sellers have been banned since it is supposed to be physician use only. I hope not. Anyone? Dips
Glad to hear you are seeing results Kate - great tool isn't it. I hadn't thought to do my hands so will have to give that a go.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I did see on eBay that Derma_roller seller was listed as "not registered user" and emailed him asking if he is going to sell his items on eBay in the future. He emailed me back: "Yes sure my items will Back soon"
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:17 am      Reply with quote
That's good news- I looked on ebay recently for someone else, and couldn't find that seller. Sooner or later, mine will wear out; and I'll wig out if I can't get another. I'm hooked on rolling- its helping with scars, pigmentation, even wrinkles!! Roll-on! Laughing
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
....forgot to mention, that the date I got email from Derma_roller was July 15.....
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Oh no! Sad Oh well thank god I bought one when I did. Hope he comes back to sell on ebay. I'm with you Robin - wouldn't want to be without it now - I'm hooked.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Have a look at the Novaderm skin rollers - I have the .75 one and its very good.

After a short break, I've resumed rolling once a week. My neck still turns very red, but the redness is now gone by the next day. I believe this is because my skin is becoming thicker. The capillaries on my face are also far less visible. After rolling I am now applying sea kelp bio-ferment to my neck and an SKII mask to my face for 15 mins - this is also very soothing.
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Have a look at the Novaderm skin rollers - I have the .75 one and its very good.

After a short break, I've resumed rolling once a week. My neck still turns very red, but the redness is now gone by the next day. I believe this is because my skin is becoming thicker. The capillaries on my face are also far less visible. After rolling I am now applying sea kelp bio-ferment to my neck and an SKII mask to my face for 15 mins - this is also very soothing.

Hi Keliu, I have the .75mm one - the ebay seller we're after is the one that sells the 1.5mm skinroller. Hard to find. Dips
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Dips,
The reason I suggested having a look at the Novaderm rollers is because they used to sell 2mm ones. However, I've just checked their website and I can no longer find them, only the .75mm ones. Maybe they've stopped selling them to the public. Perhaps you could email them and check: www.clearskincare.com.au

Incidentally, skin needling has been getting a bit of press in Australia lately, it was even mentioned in Vogue Magazine.
Very Happy Carol
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |