Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:37 am      Reply with quote
I know this thread is about needling the skin on your *face* (or body) for collagen generation, but I'm seriously considering having my tongue pierced.

This is probably some kind of mid-life crisis thing.

I'm aware that this will not stimulate collagen growth in my tongue. I'm also aware that it's probably a bad idea to show up at my family events next week with my face bruised (though that will hopefully be gone, or so reduced I can cover it) and my tongue swollen and with a large metal rod sticking out of it.

And, for the sake of staying on topic, when I call the body piercing shop tomorrow to see if they can fit me in on short notice, I'll ask if they, like other tatt shops, have looked into micro-needling for the face and will even bring my rollers to show them. (A tattoo shop is about the only place I would be willing to go right now, looking like this.. lol)

I would be interested in maybe getting one treatment done professionally, in a medical clinic where they can use a nerve blocker and really do a thorough roll. Tatt places aren't medical clinics, I know, but some of the nicer ones around here have employees with enough medical training/licensing that they can inject anesthetics. Maybe I can get them to hop on the CIT bandwagon. And at the very least, maybe I'll just leave with a great tongue piercing.
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Ooh bethany you look fab Very Happy How impressive. I am waiting till Sunday night to do another roll, which will have been a week then. I think the scarring on my chin from a veinwave treatment, looks slightly better and my pores not as noticeable, but I have been using the prolight quite a bit also.

I have been using 1-2 times a week since reading your recommendations, but this past week have noticed the skin under my eyes looking crepey where last week they looked quite healthy. Am rotating on my actives and hoping they will readjust in the next few days, plus burning the midngight oil on here does not help Razz

Keep us all updated on your progress and routines bethany, as I am becoming a true follower Very Happy
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
I know this thread is about needling the skin on your *face* (or body) for collagen generation, but I'm seriously considering having my tongue pierced.

This is probably some kind of mid-life crisis thing...

I would be interested in maybe getting one treatment done professionally, in a medical clinic where they can use a nerve blocker and really do a thorough roll. Tatt places aren't medical clinics, I know, but some of the nicer ones around here have employees with enough medical training/licensing that they can inject anesthetics. Maybe I can get them to hop on the CIT bandwagon. And at the very least, maybe I'll just leave with a great tongue piercing.

LOL - You go girl! You're much braver than I... The nice thing about tongue piercings is that they're not quite so obvious. You can be "rebellious" - and yet can still go to black tie events just fine! Very Happy

Good luck with the tattoo places - maybe you will convert them to the CIT way!! ("Welcome to the dark side..." *grin*)
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

This is probably some kind of mid-life crisis thing.

I'm aware that this will not stimulate collagen growth in my tongue. I'm also aware that it's probably a bad idea to show up at my family events next week with my face bruised (though that will hopefully be gone, or so reduced I can cover it) and my tongue swollen and with a large metal rod sticking out of it.

And, for the sake of staying on topic, when I call the body piercing shop tomorrow to see if they can fit me in on short notice, I'll ask if they, like other tatt shops, have looked into micro-needling for the face and will even bring my rollers to show them. (A tattoo shop is about the only place I would be willing to go right now, looking like this.. lol)

Well, I know that Dr. Fernandes uses a tatoo gun on his patients - but as for having CIT done at my local tatoo shop, nope, not for me. I would be interested in knowing what length the tatoo gun needles are though.

And as for the tongue piercing - I think they're revolting - but, hey, each to their own. Let us know how you like it.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Well, I know that Dr. Fernandes uses a tatoo gun on his patients - but as for having CIT done at my local tatoo shop, nope, not for me. I would be interested in knowing what length the tatoo gun needles are though.

Well, most tatt shops in the area I wouldn't dream of it, but this place actually *looks* more like a doctor's office, with the exception of the tattoo & pierced nipple photos gracing the walls! lol I think the newer, trendier tatt/piercing places are the types that would pick up on this. I mentioned it to the owner (who ended up doing my tongue piercing) and he said it sounded interesting, but that it would probably be at least a year before they could implement something like that if there were a market for it (I actually think there might be, even in my small town). I doubt it will happen, but it can't hurt to ask, I guess.

Keliu wrote:

And as for the tongue piercing - I think they're revolting - but, hey, each to their own. Let us know how you like it.

Haha... I actually used to feel the same way about all facial piercings, including tongue piercings, but years ago I had a friend who had his pierced and it grew on me. Now, I'm mostly indifferent to facial piercings, though I still cringe a little at eyebrow rings. I've actually found myself liking some nose studs, but I can't see myself ever getting one.

Taobunny, you're exactly right - this is something that's relatively easy to hide, and that is definitely part of the charm!

The actual piercing went well, by the way - I was amazed at how little pain there was. He said that not everyone's tongue swells, but if it does, it will start within two to four hours (coming up on two pretty soon here). I'm keeping ice chips in my mouth and am hoping that will keep the pain low, and perhaps ease the swelling too. The very worst part is that they put a really big bar in (standard procedure to compensate for possible swelling), that stays in for a month, and it's very difficult to speak or close my mouth completely. It's very awkward Silenced

Hopefully I'll get used to it soon.

I just took some pictures, but I'll probably post them in the EDS Lounge forum.

(sorry about the derail - now back to our regularly scheduled dermarolling torture Very Happy )
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

Haha... I actually used to feel the same way about all facial piercings, including tongue piercings, but years ago I had a friend who had his pierced and it grew on me. Now, I'm mostly indifferent to facial piercings, though I still cringe a little at eyebrow rings. I've actually found myself liking some nose studs, but I can't see myself ever getting one.

Just please, whatever you do - don't get one of those double nostril bull ring nose piercing things. (I have *no* idea what they're really called) You know, the ones that hang down below the nose? They always make me think that people who wear them have a booger or a drippy nose! Shock
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys

I just thought I'd let you all know that I decided not to go ahead with my face roll due to Xmas being in a week and the peeling I'll no doubt have during that time. So I'm going to wait till after the 1st.

Also I'm abit peeved off. I got a touch of water in my vit c bag, just around the top edges, but now when I made some up the water is orange. So I guess that means it's gone rancid. So I can't use my vit c in the mornings, only the retin a at night. Bummer!

I've ordered some more but it usually takes at least 2 weeks to get anything from overseas to Australia, and with Xmas and all who knows...
I also decided to try Dr Kassy's C,E and Ferulic recipe this time too. Can't wait to start mixing. Very Happy Thanks Kassy.

Lowbrow I like a piercing or two. I've got my nipple and nose done. Had the nose done since I was 19 and seen it come in and go out I can't remember how many times. I've also been considering getting another in a place I won't mention...
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Mishey...why is getting water in your Vit C and bad thing? Isn't it water soluable?? Someone else posted about waiting 20 mins to apply Vit C serums after washing your face. I don't understand that. My C serums are made with water. Sorry to post on the Dermarolling thread but since you mentioned it, I had to ask!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Mishey...why is getting water in your Vit C and bad thing? Isn't it water soluable?? Someone else posted about waiting 20 mins to apply Vit C serums after washing your face. I don't understand that. My C serums are made with water. Sorry to post on the Dermarolling thread but since you mentioned it, I had to ask!

Hey Mountaingirl,

Are you sure it was waiting 20 minutes after washing your face, or after *rolling* your face? If the latter, it's probably because most vit C serums are using ascorbic acid, and many people can't tolerate that on the open puncture wounds. You do have to wait 20 - 30 minutes after washing to apply Retin-A, could you be thinking of that? I'm not aware of the need to wait to apply Vit C, but I'd be interested in hearing more information if that's true. I use an oil-soluble version, not an actual serum, so I don't think it would apply in that case anyway.

Perhaps Mishey's concerned about excess water getting into her Vit C because it's a possible contaminant. Some of my 302 bottles are getting condensation on the inside, and this irks me to no end Mad though I imagine they're still ok.

Mishey, I've become slightly obssessed with piercings just lately! did the nip piercing hurt a lot? The piercer last night said they don't tend to be that painful for women, but they are often pretty brutal for men.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Right on the instructions for Retin-A it says to wait 20 minutes or so after washing to allow the face to dry. I've never understood that since water is one of the ingredients. I've heard of waiting for the pH to restore but that seems irrelevant as well. Go figure...

Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have been spending some time researching dermarollers for a company I work for when I stumbled upon this site. We are an acupuncture supply company and have been working with a manufacturer overseas to develop a premium dermaroller.

I am currently seeking some licensed practitioners to evaluate one of our models and give some feedback. The manufacturer is one of the larger acupuncture needle manufacturers in the world and have the ability to produce a high quality, stress free microneedle therapy system.

If you are licensed and would like to try one to give us some feedback that would be great! Please email me.

Thank you very much. I look forward to hearing from you.

Mike
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Right on the instructions for Retin-A it says to wait 20 minutes or so after washing to allow the face to dry. I've never understood that since water is one of the ingredients. I've heard of waiting for the pH to restore but that seems irrelevant as well. Go figure...

I read or heard years ago that the 20 minute wait is to ensure that the skin is completely dry - meaning, not just the surface, but the lower layers as well, have no moisture in them. This apparently helps to reduce irritation.

However, I didn't know that water is one of the ingredients! That does seem to be a conundrum Neutral

I guess being formulated with water is still no guarantee that it won't react with water trapped in the layers of skin.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
I will do a little research on this whole water thing and post what I find out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:

I think Mishey said that she got water in her Vitamin C BAG, so she must mean the powder that she makes her own serum with is contaminated.

As far as waiting 20 mins to apply Vit C after washing your face - I think that should be to wait 20mins after applying the Vitamin C before applying other serums. If, I'm wrong feel free to correct me, but it's all to do with maintaining the correct PH of the skin.
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
BTW, I keep looking at Bethany's pic - and I'm sorry - but I have to confess - I'm *SO* envious...

I wish I had eyes like that.. Anxious

(When I was little, my mom told me that girls can grow up to be anything they want to be. So, I told her I wanted to be blonde haired with blue eyes...) *snort* (Yea, genetics is kinda against me on that one...)
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
The wait time with the Vit C is all about the pH of your skin. Here is a great thread to read up on the wait times of products.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18360&highlight=
JenJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,

Congrats on your success with your dermarolls! Your skin looks fantastic and your eyecolor is just gorgeous!

Jen
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Wow ! Bethany you are so beautiful.!!!! What incredible eyes too !
Man,that makes me want to suck it up and roll !
Lowbrow...if you want to do it. Go for it.
It reminded me, when my daughter did her tongue,she was trying to hide it.I was shocked by her sudden lisp ..but then she stuck her tongue out.ah ha
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
You girls are so sweet...you have made my day! THANKS! Very Happy

Now if I can just drop those 30 lbs, and get rid of the darn marionette lines. Rolling Eyes Those lines are there even when I am thin, so weight is not the issue there.

I am still seeing improvement with Ageless...I just hope it continues to the degree I need it to. We'll see....

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:19 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Now if I can just drop those 30 lbs, and get rid of the darn marionette lines. Rolling Eyes Those lines are there even when I am thin, so weight is not the issue there.

I am still seeing improvement with Ageless...I just hope it continues to the degree I need it to. We'll see....

My theory is that marionette lines are due to the shape of your facial bones. People with very strong cheek bones don't seem to be so prone to them. I reckon I had them when I was quite young. I absolutely hate mine - I'm doing Ageless, but can't say I'm seeing any improvement. I'm now lusting after the Stop gadget again - I keep looking at the before and after pics on their website of the mature women with really bad jowells and marionettes - I want that result!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Everyone, Just saw Bethany's picture. Wowee! Lovely! Congratulations.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:

Sorry guys I'm having trouble with my computer at the moment and have had to wait to come to work to look at the forum.

I got water in my vit c powder bag, and it looks like it's oxidised. It has an orangey colour all around the top of the bag and the colour of my mixes are now oranged tinged.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

Mishey, I've become slightly obssessed with piercings just lately! did the nip piercing hurt a lot? The piercer last night said they don't tend to be that painful for women, but they are often pretty brutal for men.

I gotta say the nipple hurt like hell. But it was over very quick. Somehow I forgot my naval piercing. That's my third at the moment.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
An update on my roll.
Yesterday afternoon I noticed my chest rather itchy and found a rash developing on it. I thought for sure I'd get what I had last time which lasted for weeks. My vitamin K cream had come in the mail a couple of days ago so I put some of that on it. Well today the rash is gone! Don't know if it was the vitamin K cream or what. What a relief.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:

My theory is that marionette lines are due to the shape of your facial bones. People with very strong cheek bones don't seem to be so prone to them. I reckon I had them when I was quite young. I absolutely hate mine - I'm doing Ageless, but can't say I'm seeing any improvement. I'm now lusting after the Stop gadget again - I keep looking at the before and after pics on their website of the mature women with really bad jowells and marionettes - I want that result!

Ohhh... you are killing me. I *had* to go look, and now I want one Laughing

If I get this it will probably be in lieu of an LED and a 2Mhz ultrasound. That's not a bad way to justify it, right? Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |