Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
If you do a search for Catski or Zenity you will find that they both had great results with dermarolling stretchmarks.

The 2.0mm will probably be your best best for fleshy areas, but you need to be extra diligent with disinfection before and after rolling.

Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi i was wondering how long after a roll would it be okay to start using the red/infared led lights??? By the way thanks for the wealth of information.
Wendylou2

Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Hi Everyone! Im new here but have been researching the dermaroller and Im wondering what the results have been for anyone using it on stretch marks, does it really work?
Tatter

Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:03 am      Reply with quote
haha! Yeppers, another newbie here! I'm LOVING these forums and you guys are all soooo helpful and honest and full of info! Already I've tried the molasses hair mask (nice!) and have ordered some of that Valmont Renewing Pack. I can tell I'll be spending a *lot* of money in the coming year thanks to this site!

I've been so interested in the derma roller stories. Was thinking I'd be brave and get the 1.5mm one for my face, until I saw those bloody photos! YIKES! But I can see how it would be helpful. A lot of those expensive dermatology procedures can leave us just as... well... wounded! (until it all heals and we look MAH-velous)

But.. I'm still considering the derma roller. But not for my face. I'm considering it for my inner thighs, which are terribly saggy. I'm only 45 ("only"... HA!) but thanks to a lifetime of yo-yo weight gain/loss and two different liposuction procedures, it has left my inner thighs looking horrid and droopy. It doesn't just look horrible, it's a very uncomfortable feeling, as well.

Until I came across this thread I had believed the only answer to my problem was to have a thigh lift, which I really DON'T want to do (I hear it's extremely painful and leaves a big scary scar). I was just planning on living with it... and never wearing shorts or a bathing suit ever again.

But... do you guys think if I derma-rolled them it might help tighten up the skin? Has anyone used a roller for this sort of thing? I'll admit I haven't read through this whole thread (gonna take a week or so, with all these posts!), but so far all I've read about is that it can help with fine lines and maybe wrinkles and stretch marks. Anyone have experience with it firming up sagging skin? Does it firm it up significantly?

-- Tatter
(age 45, with no consistent skin care regime, but it's almost New Year's so I'm sure I'll recommit to my annual resolution of TAKING BETTER CARE OF MY SKIN! haha!)
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tatter, welcome Smile

I will be using the Dermaroller on the inside of my elbow (elbow "pit" lol) where I have bizarrely loose and dimpled skin. I'm starting in the NY along with LED. I'm going to build up the skin gradually with Retin A - which just burns that area like crazy and needs to be mixed with another cream. I'm then going to Dermaroll it all in. The idea is that, as collagen builds, the skin will thicken up a little. The Dermaroller (with appropriate, collagen-building products) and the LED therapy both claim to help rebuild collagen. You might also use one of the elastin-specific products with the Dermaroller, such as Relastin.

Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
geesh Laughing I just read the above..duh, theres my answer for the stretch marks. I actually used a sewing needle on a small scar on the back of my hand about 2 weeks ago only twice and it dried and peeled the other day and now its plumper and the scars skin has thickened already, thats amazing, it seems alittle quick from what I have read I thought it would be months, has anyone had fast results? I hope it works like this on stretch marks for me, I still need to order my Dr. Roller, sometime next week..yay
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Hi Tatter, welcome Smile

I will be using the Dermaroller on the inside of my elbow (elbow "pit" lol) where I have bizarrely loose and dimpled skin. I'm starting in the NY along with LED. I'm going to build up the skin gradually with Retin A - which just burns that area like crazy and needs to be mixed with another cream. I'm then going to Dermaroll it all in. The idea is that, as collagen builds, the skin will thicken up a little. The Dermaroller (with appropriate, collagen-building products) and the LED therapy both claim to help rebuild collagen. You might also use one of the elastin-specific products with the Dermaroller, such as Relastin.

Antonia I'd be careful about rolling retin a directly into the skin if you're sensitive to it. I didn't roll it into my chest but put it on soon after and broke out with lumps all over my chest that took weeks to come good. Bethany had the same issue. But our faces don't react like that. Now we wait till a day or 2 after rolling our chests before using retin a on it.

Using an elasin producing product is an interesting thought.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Michey, thanks. I really appreciate that warning. I'll not go that route after all. After recently using Retin A on my arms, I broke out in major red lumps from elbow to underarm. I looked like I had been burned. They took about 9 days to go. I thought if I mixed a little with a creme that it wouldn't affect my skin so much but Dermarolling would likely cause trouble. Gah! Foiled again!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia - don't mix your Retin A w/ something. It will only lessen it's effectiveness. Instead, make sure your skin is thoroughly dry before applying it (20 mins min) and start out applying it every other day until your skin gets use to it (a few weeks at least). Also, don't use too much of it - that can cause a lot of flakiness.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I was hoping I could do a roll this week since it's been 6 wks since my last roll (and a good one at that).

But, I have my monthly hormonal breakout going on and need to post pone for now (holidays don't help much, either) Can't be seen w/ the sunburn look tom night!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Antonia I'd be careful about rolling retin a directly into the skin if you're sensitive to it. I didn't roll it into my chest but put it on soon after and broke out with lumps all over my chest that took weeks to come good. Bethany had the same issue. But our faces don't react like that. Now we wait till a day or 2 after rolling our chests before using retin a on it.

Ugh...that was a nightmare! I thought those hives would NEVER go away...I had to take a 2 month break just to let my skin recover. Embarassed

Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I had professional dermaroller done spaced 4-6 weeks apart for about 8 months. I used 1.5 mm needle length for moderate & deeper scars I have. I used all top quality products (placenta EGF, vitamins, nutrients, moisturizers, creams, etc) - almost 7 months after I stopped doing it, the end result is very minimal at best. Except for the periods of swelling and skin re-epthilization right afterwards, but all vanished in a short period of time.

This was a very costly experience for me, more than what a package of fraxel would've costed. Maybe my skin does not respond well to dermaroller, but I just don't think this works for everyone, especially those with more severe cases of acne scars.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Help...

I had written a few weeks ago about using a lancet for an indentation on my cheek and how it was red - but that I didnt get any blood and was wondering if I needed to use another type of needle.

Its still red! I mean you can see it where as before it was only visible in certain light.

Did I screw up my face?

Im reading others are using a sewing needle and getting plumper skin.... should I try that??

thanks for any help

HAPPY NEW YEAR
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
spritely wrote:
Well, I had professional dermaroller done spaced 4-6 weeks apart for about 8 months. I used 1.5 mm needle length for moderate & deeper scars I have. I used all top quality products (placenta EGF, vitamins, nutrients, moisturizers, creams, etc) - almost 7 months after I stopped doing it, the end result is very minimal at best. Except for the periods of swelling and skin re-epthilization right afterwards, but all vanished in a short period of time.

This was a very costly experience for me, more than what a package of fraxel would've costed. Maybe my skin does not respond well to dermaroller, but I just don't think this works for everyone, especially those with more severe cases of acne scars.

Spritely, Wow, what a disappointment, especially after having the dermarolling done by a professional. I am really sorry you did not have better results. May I ask how much you paid for this to be professionally done?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
spritely wrote:

Spritely, Wow, what a disappointment, especially after having the dermarolling done by a professional. I am really sorry you did not have better results. May I ask how much you paid for this to be professionally done?

I got the idea that Spritely did it herself, perhaps using a professional roller? She kept saying "I used," as opposed to saying "The doctor used."

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
Help...

I had written a few weeks ago about using a lancet for an indentation on my cheek and how it was red - but that I didnt get any blood and was wondering if I needed to use another type of needle.

Its still red! I mean you can see it where as before it was only visible in certain light.

Did I screw up my face?

Im reading others are using a sewing needle and getting plumper skin.... should I try that??

thanks for any help

HAPPY NEW YEAR

The redness means that there is still inflammation there....I would personally leave it alone, except to apply some tamanu or emu oil to the area. I would not treat it again until the area is totally healed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Tatter wrote:
I'm considering it for my inner thighs, which are terribly saggy. I'm only 45 ("only"... HA!) but thanks to a lifetime of yo-yo weight gain/loss and two different liposuction procedures, it has left my inner thighs looking horrid and droopy.

But... do you guys think if I derma-rolled them it might help tighten up the skin?

I have not seen any tightening on my face, but that doesn't mean that it won't work for you.

I do remember reading (and posting in this thread) about a doctor if FL who uses the dermaroller to tighten skin after weightloss or liposuction. You should also search for the posts by Zenity...she was rolling her thighs and butt as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I got the idea that Spritely did it herself, perhaps using a professional roller? She kept saying "I used," as opposed to saying "The doctor used."

Aha! Thanks, Bethany, I missed that completely!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
Help...

Did I screw up my face?

thanks for any help

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Mb, you have not ruined your skin; this happened to me too.

Wait a month or two (try to resist the temptation to do it sooner) and try with a sewing needle if you like, or even a 1.5mm 3 line roller.

Do not use diabetic lancets - because even if you get the proper gauge, the lancets have a bevelled edge which can and probably will cause scarring. And even if you don't scar, creating the surface wounds with the cutting edge will defeat the entire purpose (i.e., the purpose of creating the wound-healing cascade for skin that isn't damaged on the surface - the lancets DO damage the surface so you get scar collagen instead of collagen that integrates seamlessly with the natural "fabric" of your skin)

Wow, that was a mouthful. Sorry, I'm on my way out the door and I'm probably not being as clear as I should be. Hopefully you get the idea, though!
spritely

Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Excuse my grammar. No, I didn't do it myself, when I said "I used", I meant "I" informally, as in the whole session that I paid for it. I couldn't do that to myself, the bloody mess and pain, even numbed, would've freaked me out.

Close to $3000. $300 for the dermaroller, $300 each session and rest for all the topical creams. Placenta EGF was the most expensive of the topicals. It should be less expensive now. $2500 is the rate I was quoted last week for 6 fraxels including creams.

I noticed the picture taken above, I see some pinkness, telling me that it was taken within a week after rolling.

For most accurate comparison, compare your pictures right before each session.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:35 am      Reply with quote
spritely wrote:
I noticed the picture taken above, I see some pinkness, telling me that it was taken within a week after rolling.

If you are referring to my pic, it was taken on 12/14...exactly one month after my last roll on 11/14. The pinkness is from using Retin A and Vivite Vibrance.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:48 am      Reply with quote
spritely wrote:
Excuse my grammar. No, I didn't do it myself, when I said "I used", I meant "I" informally, as in the whole session that I paid for it. I couldn't do that to myself, the bloody mess and pain, even numbed, would've freaked me out.

Close to $3000. $300 for the dermaroller, $300 each session and rest for all the topical creams. Placenta EGF was the most expensive of the topicals. It should be less expensive now. $2500 is the rate I was quoted last week for 6 fraxels including creams.

Thanks for the clarification, spritely. I could definitely see where you would be disappointed after having spent that kind of money!
Denisew

Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, This is my first time here. Very Happy
I gave birth 6 months ago and I got deep stretch marks on my breasts during pregnancy.
I'm going to buy Dr roller 1.5mm and I already am using TRILASTIN (since last week).
I'm thinking about using both together.
How do I do that??
How many times per week?
What is the procedure that I should do?
Is there any problems to use it having breast implants?

I'm also going to use the dermaroller on my face for scars (actually I use proactive, and not seeing results).
What is the best way to use it on my face to treat my scars??

I'm sorry to ask you guys so many questions, but I'm trying to read everything about the dermaroller here for over a week and my baby never gives me time Wink

hugs
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany and LowBrow...

I actually used a lancet at the end of an extractor - which I "thought" would work since its a skin care tool

I know I said this already - I didnt bleed so Im not sure if that means I didnt get deep enough to mess with the collagen ??? That Im still confused about...

But I will do as recommended and not touch the area for awhile and then use a (sterile) sewing needle

thanks
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Beth - I've got the .5 and 1.0 rollers. The .5 doesn't require anesthesia and just makes my skin red for a few hours. I'd like to see if the 1.0 could further tighten my turkey neck sag and mouth-corner droop with monthly use, but I'm held back by ignorance. Specifically, how long does it take for the little red dots to subside or get to a point where MMU will cover them? I ask because I live with people (husband, sons) who would be freaked out if I came out of the bathroom looking like a plague victim, and I have to make public appearances at school, etc. They're going camping on Super Bowl weekend and I will have the house to myself for a couple of days. Is that enough time, in your experience? (Fingers crossed.)

Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |