Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lowbrowscientist,
I sent you a pm in response to your inquiry regarding eye excercise - did you get it?
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Determined wrote:
Hi Lowbrowscientist,
I sent you a pm in response to your inquiry regarding eye excercise - did you get it?

I'm so sorry, I totally forgot to respond to you! (I've been sick all week and my brain is in a fog) Yes, I did get it - thankyou! Smile
besterry1

Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
For dermaroller pros --Are you seeing wrinkles eliminated or greatly reduced under eyes and around your mouth. I have read all the pages and have seen various results from pictures in posts and Dr's pictures but the pictures aren't always taken from the same perspective.If you are getting great results which needle size has helped the most.Very interested in hearing from those of you with "mature skin".
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
besterry1 wrote:
For dermaroller pros --Are you seeing wrinkles eliminated or greatly reduced under eyes and around your mouth. I have read all the pages and have seen various results from pictures in posts and Dr's pictures but the pictures aren't always taken from the same perspective.If you are getting great results which needle size has helped the most.Very interested in hearing from those of you with "mature skin".

I posted the % of wrinkle reduction I had in each area, as well as the needle size I was using. Hopefully you saw that when reading the thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
vivre wrote:
All this to say, I do have a bit of info overload.....Just to let you know people are reading them.....Although some of the extra articles have got me confused about frequency recommendations. For ex, some of the articles say to roll every week. Also, many posts suggest rolling every week for 6 weeks then taking a break. Then there is the inflamation problem - so others suggest less frequent but more intensive rolls.

I totally agree with you, vivre. I have been re-reading all the info in preparation for rolling again, and it is Very confusing. Dr. Fernandes, whom I consider a major authority on rolling, recommended the weekly rolls for 6 weeks and then break. I am not sure where the other rolling protocols came from yet, as I am not done re-reading everything! Just wanted to chime in and say that I am with you on the confusion!
besterry1

Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany I saw your posts and your pictures and definitely saw improvement in your ml but I did not see a lot of wrinkles under your eyes or the general lack of elasticity that comes with skin over 50. From what I gather you are only 42! Are there any older dermarollers out there that are seeing a nice improvement in their elasticity, wrinkles etc.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
besterry1 wrote:
Bethany I saw your posts and your pictures and definitely saw improvement in your ml but I did not see a lot of wrinkles under your eyes or the general lack of elasticity that comes with skin over 50. From what I gather you are only 42! Are there any older dermarollers out there that are seeing a nice improvement in their elasticity, wrinkles etc.

I didn't post any pics of improvement...only an after pic when someone disputed something about my skin, lol.

I would check with Keliu on her dermarolling experience....she felt it has improved things, but did not see earth shattering results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
vivre wrote:
All this to say, I do have a bit of info overload.....Just to let you know people are reading them.....Although some of the extra articles have got me confused about frequency recommendations. For ex, some of the articles say to roll every week. Also, many posts suggest rolling every week for 6 weeks then taking a break. Then there is the inflamation problem - so others suggest less frequent but more intensive rolls.

I totally agree with you, vivre. I have been re-reading all the info in preparation for rolling again, and it is Very confusing. Dr. Fernandes, whom I consider a major authority on rolling, recommended the weekly rolls for 6 weeks and then break. I am not sure where the other rolling protocols came from yet, as I am not done re-reading everything! Just wanted to chime in and say that I am with you on the confusion!

Horst Liebl told me that they didn't think that the .15mm homecare Dermaoller caused inflammation....yet Lowbrow and I both looked sunburned for 24 hours after using a baby roller. Rolling Eyes Until soneone does a study to measure inflammation from rolling, and one to measure long term results from rolling, we won't know the answers. And even then, what works for one may not work for another.

I chose to take the most conservative approach, had great results, and am now going even more conservative to maintain the results. Mountaingirl took a far more aggressive approach and came back later and said she felt she had rolled too frequently and limited her results (which I give her mega kudos for sharing).

Everyone needs to do their own research and do what is best for them. But overdoing things on a long term basis isn't going to going to work in anyone's favor...simply because your skin can only remodel so quickly and ongoing trauma is never a good thing.

5% products discount

Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
besterry1 wrote:

I posted the % of wrinkle reduction I had in each area, as well as the needle size I was using. Hopefully you saw that when reading the thread.

Check out page 97 for that info!!! Happy Rolling!!
Ohgeezitsme

Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:29 am      Reply with quote
First off, I'm new and just wanted to say how great it is to read up more about the dermaroller, since I have not yet bought it. However, I'm very interested in it. I just have a few questions and if someone could answer, it would be AWESOME!

Let me tell you my situation first. I'm 25 and have had bad acne growing which resulted in pretty bad acne scars. I tried microdermabrasion/chemical peel/laser treatment for a year and it pretty much did nothing for me. So, I stopped going.

Now, I just started the Obagi Nu-derm system w/ tretinion .05% & blender w/ 4% hydroquine(sp). My question is, is it safe to do the dermaroller while just beginning with the obagi nu-derm system??

Also, where is the best place to buy one of these suckers and what size is best for acne scars??

Last question, should anything be bought to go with the dermaroller that I do not already have with the obagi nu-derm (cleaser, toner, exfoliate forum, blender, and tretinion)??

Sorry for the long post, but I'm in dying need of answers, since I can't find them anywhere else.

Thanks to all who can reply!

Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Ohgeezitsme wrote:
First off, I'm new and just wanted to say how great it is to read up more about the dermaroller, since I have not yet bought it. However, I'm very interested in it. I just have a few questions and if someone could answer, it would be AWESOME!

Let me tell you my situation first. I'm 25 and have had bad acne growing which resulted in pretty bad acne scars. I tried microdermabrasion/chemical peel/laser treatment for a year and it pretty much did nothing for me. So, I stopped going.

Now, I just started the Obagi Nu-derm system w/ tretinion .05% & blender w/ 4% hydroquine(sp). My question is, is it safe to do the dermaroller while just beginning with the obagi nu-derm system??

Also, where is the best place to buy one of these suckers and what size is best for acne scars??

Last question, should anything be bought to go with the dermaroller that I do not already have with the obagi nu-derm (cleaser, toner, exfoliate forum, blender, and tretinion)??

Sorry for the long post, but I'm in dying need of answers, since I can't find them anywhere else.

Very Happy

I don't know the answers to most of your questions--hopefully someone doing the same thing will be able to respond. You should definitely try to read the entire thread, but at the very least there are a few people dealing with acne scarring in the last few pages that you should read.

I bought my roller off of Amazon, but there is a thread on here dedicated to discounted dermarollers for EDS members so I'll personally be checking that out when I buy my next roller.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:07 am      Reply with quote
see the discounted dermaroller thread for places to buy

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:24 am      Reply with quote
you need a topical vit c. and vit a (the retin a). the others arent that necessary
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:54 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Horst Liebl told me that they didn't think that the .15mm homecare Dermaoller caused inflammation....yet Lowbrow and I both looked sunburned for 24 hours after using a baby roller. Rolling Eyes Until soneone does a study to measure inflammation from rolling, and one to measure long term results from rolling, we won't know the answers. And even then, what works for one may not work for another.

I did forget all about Liebl, Bethany! Very Happy You are right; we just don't know anything on the long term results. Too bad there are not more follow-up articles/studies from these doctors who do the dermarolling (especially Fernandes since he was 1 of the very first). I definitely agree with you, Bethany - Sadly, this does appear to be like everything else in the skin care world, what works for 1 doesn't necessarily work for another.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:21 am      Reply with quote
vivre wrote:
bethany wrote:
besterry1 wrote:

Great find, Vivre! I was just thinking last night that if I could find some of the key posts then we could just respond with specific page numbers and save ourselves a lot of time.
vivre
5% products discount

Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
vivre wrote:
bethany wrote:
besterry1 wrote:

Great find, Vivre! I was just thinking last night that if I could find some of the key posts then we could just respond with specific page numbers and save ourselves a lot of time.

Sort of like an index or table of contents!!! That would be useful!!!
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Ohgeezitsme wrote:

Very Happy

Hi Ojeezitsme

a couple of things, i've never used obagi though i have researched it a bit - in the end my better sense told me to stay away. I personally would NEVER roll using those products - the HQ is highly questionable so that's the last thing you want to be pushing further into your system. I recommend you check in to the 302 SKINCARE thread alot of peopel are have success w/ it.

now for the "HEAVY" - it's obvious you haven't done any reading about dermarolling - Most of your questions have been answered over and over and over again ( LOL - did you happen to read the conversation on the page before this one). DR protocol can be confusing, i know, but at least after you've read up on it, there will be a little order to your confusion! Take your time....really- it'll be worth it.

m
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
besterry1 wrote:

I didn't post any pics of improvement...only an after pic when someone disputed something about my skin, lol.

I would check with Keliu on her dermarolling experience....she felt it has improved things, but did not see earth shattering results.

Besterry

You may be thinking of Bethany's Ageless photos - awesome improvement in her MLs
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Besterryl: I am in my early 50's I started this a little over a year ago. I roll intensely with large breaks. I did not roll over the summer when I was in the sun a lot. I have seen real improvement. The first thing I noticed was pigmentation improvement especially on my hands. The second was much better texture of the skin under my chin. I have a few fine lines but did not really have wrinkles to start with so I can not comment on that.

I do take lots of supplements and use vitamin C both internally and externally.

5% products discount

Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
Ohgeezitsme wrote:

Very Happy

I don't know the answers to most of your questions--hopefully someone doing the same thing will be able to respond. You should definitely try to read the entire thread, but at the very least there are a few people dealing with acne scarring in the last few pages that you should read.

I bought my roller off of Amazon, but there is a thread on here dedicated to discounted dermarollers for EDS members so I'll personally be checking that out when I buy my next roller.

Maybe doing a search on acne and dermarolling may help you find info???
foryourcloset
5% products discount

Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:26 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I decided I'm not going to get the 1.5mm roller. It takes too much research and I'm too chicken! I think I will start w/ the smallest mm roller. What is a good place to buy from and what size roller is best to use daily for better product absorption? Do you use it morning and evening?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:27 am      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
Confused

LMAO. This thread kills me, lol. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:38 am      Reply with quote
this is BS!!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:40 am      Reply with quote
i'd tried for days to post something and it won't post!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
P Girl wrote:
Confused

LMAO. This thread kills me, lol. Very Happy

Bethany

Thanks so much for all the time and effort you've put into this thread. Hopefully those of us who have learned from you will be able to pay you back with what we have learned.

And we will all be freakin' gorgeous!!!!!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |