Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:43 am      Reply with quote
mandapanda wrote:
thanks Riley..i am still trying to figure all out here.. Confused

No problem! It can be confusing when first posting here and trying to find information!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Help, I bought a combo pack of 3 Dr Roller dermarollers. I don't remember how much it was, but I find I'm not using the other two sizes (one is .5 and the other is maybe 2, not sure, will have to look), so these two are brand new. I'm thinking to put them on ebay but was wondering how much to start off the bid. Any idea how much these things are going for now?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:50 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
I have been using my dermaroller for about 4 weeks now, the stretch mark I was working on, which was a fairly small one on my arm, has gone, almost completely, I am amazed, it only cost me £55.00 and it actually works.

Now back to working on a stubborn wrinkle with it.

PQ.

Can you tell me what size your roller is that you were using on the stretchmarks? Was it used daily? Did you just roll and not use any product after? How long did you roll each session?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:52 am      Reply with quote
This is going to sound strange but I have a small saggy skin on one side of boobs because that was the one most breastfed. Skin also has stretchmarks and seems not much elasticity. Wonder if dermaroller can help with this. I thought it would sound strange since it seems weird to put needles on boobs.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
I have been using my dermaroller for about 4 weeks now, the stretch mark I was working on, which was a fairly small one on my arm, has gone, almost completely, I am amazed, it only cost me £55.00 and it actually works.

Now back to working on a stubborn wrinkle with it.

PQ.

Can you tell me what size your roller is that you were using on the stretchmarks? Was it used daily? Did you just roll and not use any product after? How long did you roll each session?

1.5 c.m
5 days a week - 2 days rest

No product - told by company no product needed if you eat a balanced diet

4 horizontal, 4 vertical, 4 cross rolls right down, left down - using an even pressure causing redness that passed in 5 minutes.

PQ.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
This is going to sound strange but I have a small saggy skin on one side of boobs because that was the one most breastfed. Skin also has stretchmarks and seems not much elasticity. Wonder if dermaroller can help with this. I thought it would sound strange since it seems weird to put needles on boobs.

I've rolled my boobs and the skin is firming up as well as the stretchmarks are diminishing. Interestingly, the boobs are the LEAST painful area I've rolled to date.

BTW, I'd recommend checking on Amazon to see the going rate for the Dr. Rollers of whatever size you have.

5% products discount

Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
Mamastarr3 wrote:

Right now, it's on my abdomen. I'm just confused as to why my marks aren't turning red or peeling or loke the skin just around them. I will keep rubbing RA into them and see what happens. Hopefully the damaged skin will absorb it eventually.

Most of the discoloration on my chest is gone
now, thankfully. My thighs are still a weird color and very peely though. Maybe the discoloration just has something to do with my particular skin tone, and dead skin trying to come off.

My abdomen is the same way so I'm thinking it may have something to do with the skin there. Maybe it's thicker or something?

Don't worry about not peeling. I've only peeled in areas where the skin comes in contact with other skin (like under the boobs). My arms have never peeled and that's the area where I'm getting the most improvement (and where I started this process). My abdomen is taking a lot longer to show improvement and I think it has something to do with that particular area of skin.

Also, just because you're not getting a visible reaction it doesn't mean the skin isn't absorbing the Retin-A.

Btw, how long has it been since you rolled the abdominal area? Has it just been once?

I haven't rolled my abdomen yet. I want to prep my skin with RA and C for a few weeks first. I don't have much peeling anymore, and like you said, not all the areas I apply RA peel. It was mostly just my chest and top of my thigh. My tummy is a little dry and flaky, but not nearly as peely as other places.

I was looking at the marks on my stomach today, and they seem to be turning pink now, which makes me feel like the RA is starting to get to them a little better. I just like to be able to see a little change in them Smile
cloudpuff_2007

Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
So I'm thinking of trying the Dermaroller for some chicken pox scars/ pitted acne scars on my face. Do you think the 1.5mm will help with these?
Also, should i use some sort of product after?(like copper peptide or vit c) if so, which one?
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:16 am      Reply with quote
cloudpuff_2007 wrote:
So I'm thinking of trying the Dermaroller for some chicken pox scars/ pitted acne scars on my face. Do you think the 1.5mm will help with these?
Also, should i use some sort of product after?(like copper peptide or vit c) if so, which one?

I'd use Retin-A and Vit. C. 1.5 seems like the general choice for everyone working on a scarring type situation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:52 am      Reply with quote
tessera - being a 22 year user of Retin A's, I appreciate the info on potential liver problems. I have always wondered if some of the hair loss I am suffering is related to my long term use of Retin A's, acummulating in the liver. Just to be safe, I'm not going to apply any Tazorac after my next roll!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Ella's Mommy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Erin,

it's been almost 3 weeks since I rolled my belly. I'm tempted to stop using the vit c and the retin a. My belly looks awful, like some type of bad reaction, but it doesn't hurt. Just itches. and I only rolled the left side, thats how I know that it wasn't the roll that did it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Ella's Mommy wrote:
Erin,

it's been almost 3 weeks since I rolled my belly. I'm tempted to stop using the vit c and the retin a. My belly looks awful, like some type of bad reaction, but it doesn't hurt. Just itches. and I only rolled the left side, thats how I know that it wasn't the roll that did it.

If it were me I'd give my skin a week (maybe more) off of the topicals and then start back on a slower schedule. For example, do the Vit. C everyday, but the Retin A every two-three days.

I had to start doing this because of a similar reaction.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:

1.5 c.m

4 horizontal, 4 vertical, 4 cross rolls right down, left down - using an even pressure causing redness that passed in 5 minutes.

PQ.

PQ - much appreciated! You inspired me to try again. I'll dig up my 1.5mm (I think you meant MM, not CM) roller and do the pattern you described above.

For clarification, is it a total time of 5 minutes for all patterns, i.e. 4 horizontal, 4 vertical, 4 cross rolls right down, left down or 5 minutes horizontal, 5 minutes vertical, etc?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
Bira wrote:

I've rolled my boobs and the skin is firming up as well as the stretchmarks are diminishing. Interestingly, the boobs are the LEAST painful area I've rolled to date.

BTW, I'd recommend checking on Amazon to see the going rate for the Dr. Rollers of whatever size you have.

Thanks Pgirl, Do you use the same rolling pattern as described by PQ?

Also thanks for recom on Amazon. I will check out the price to see what price I should start the bid.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
For clarification, is it a total time of 5 minutes for all patterns, i.e. 4 horizontal, 4 vertical, 4 cross rolls right down, left down or 5 minutes horizontal, 5 minutes vertical, etc?

The procedure is: Roll small areas at a time. Roll in a star pattern, horizontal, vertical and oblique. Roll 5 times in each direction.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

1.5 c.m

PQ.

PQ - much appreciated! You inspired me to try again. I'll dig up my 1.5mm (I think you meant MM, not CM) roller and do the pattern you described above.

was about to post my (last month's) roll restults when i noticed this...

Bira, i would get confirmation from PG re:1.5mm - and also more info (how long has she been using the DR?)

rolling 5 days w/1.5 is EXTREME - so extreme, that i am assuming i must have misunderstood something and am jumping to conclusions. sorry if that's the case.

If i did not misunderstand then PG probably wasn't rolling very hard - you should be breaking the skin and creating blood in order to trigger collegen production--otherwise it's just product penetration (maybe that's all u want)-i could NEVER roll 2 nights in a row (never mind 5)at the level i roll -and i do have high tolerance to pain as i roll w/ no numbing cream. Once last thing - and this is what i logged on to say Rolling Eyes A good roll is like a good invetment - you can live off the interest. I have done 2 rolls since Jan and have not rolled for 6/7 weeks (and won't for another 3) and i am seeing my skin improve!! w/ DR i believe LESS IS MORE and that you MUST give the skin/body time to do it's thing- just my opinion (actually, i believe this is what the creators are now saying)- would love to hear from any LONG TERM rollers who roll more frequetly (1x per week?)--- what have your results been?
m
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
2 things

1. sorry PG that's PQ i was referring to
2. Embarassed can u say SPELL CHECK?
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
Bira wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

1.5 c.m

PQ.

was about to post my (last month's) roll restults when i noticed this...

Bira, i would get confirmation from PG re:1.5mm - and also more info (how long has she been using the DR?)

rolling 5 days w/1.5 is EXTREME - so extreme, that i am assuming i must have misunderstood something and am jumping to conclusions. sorry if that's the case.

If i did not misunderstand then PG probably wasn't rolling very hard - you should be breaking the skin and creating blood in order to trigger collegen production--otherwise it's just product penetration (maybe that's all u want)-i could NEVER roll 2 nights in a row (never mind 5)at the level i roll -and i do have high tolerance to pain as i roll w/ no numbing cream. Once last thing - and this is what i logged on to say Rolling Eyes A good roll is like a good invetment - you can live off the interest. I have done 2 rolls since Jan and have not rolled for 6/7 weeks (and won't for another 3) and i am seeing my skin improve!! w/ DR i believe LESS IS MORE and that you MUST give the skin/body time to do it's thing- just my opinion (actually, i believe this is what the creators are now saying)- would love to hear from any LONG TERM rollers who roll more frequetly (1x per week?)--- what have your results been?
m

I'm in agreement that I can't roll that often with a 1.5 mm, nor would I really want to. This just isn't that pleasant of an activity! LOL

That said, I do think there is some major leeway when you're rolling for stretchmarks or scars on areas that are not on your face. So I can understand rolling much more frequently on the body and I'm not at all opposed to the idea and am in fact doing an experiment on my own body where I roll intensely and infrequently on my left side and with light to medium pressure once every couple of weeks on my right side. So far both plans of attack seem to be working the same. But, again, as you stated, I would never consider rolling my facial skin in this manner.

I think it's helpful to differentiate between these two "types" of rolling because although they are both on skin, there is some anecdotal evidence that suggests that stretchmarks can be repaired with rolling lightly and relatively frequently. I don't, however, prescribe to the "no topicals" line of thinking because it wasn't until I added Retin-A and Vit. C to my routine that I started seeing marked improvements.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Really sorry, I should have been clearer in with positing - 1.5 cm - is right - I meant by rolling times 4 x rolls and not minutes.

I don't draw blood, I never have done and my stretch mark has almost gone.

I don't use products on the area, I tried a Vit c cream but it made my skin sore.

Hope that makes sense?

Happy rollering.

PQ.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, MM NOT CM previous post.
PQ.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:41 am      Reply with quote
I was attempting to fix acne scars with TCA cross method, and I had these two scars next to each other and I ended up having a deeper sized one scar (they both combined somehow after the TCA) after trying TCA! The TCA cross method did get rid of the pigmentation marks around my eyes though and no scarring. But I'm abandoned the idea of fixing acne scars with it.

I got the 1.5 roller and take two ibuprofen with codeine and slather my face with lidocaine before I attempted to roll for the first time. I didn't feel a thing! I did this around a month ago. I followed this up by using the Baby Q over it and my skin was great the next day.

Now that scar from the TCA fiasco is really prominent on my face. The rest of my pores are tighter with the combo of me doing the dermaroller a month ago, and Baby Q with my face slathered in Copper peptide serum (being doing it once a week, as I don't have the time to do it as per instructions!). So, this scar looks like someone dug a hole in my cheek now with the rest of my skin looking great.

I've decided to roll every day on that scar. I started yesterday, I rolled just the scar in the morning and applied Elemis Tri-Enzyme Serum and Baby Q-ed that spot with amber/red for 20 seconds, in the night I applied copper peptides and Baby Q-ed it again with amber/red for 20 seconds. My skin looks healed today. I did the same this morning.

Is this daily rolling just that scar, bad??
Ella's Mommy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:02 am      Reply with quote
thats a goood idea Erin, did it clear up completely? and also i must confess, i'm about to shell out a few grand for the saggyness on my belly. I can't take it anymore.it's so depressing. I can't get back to work until i do something about the stretchmarks (which is why i'm rolling) and the loose skin (which is why i'm gonna do thermage).
However after 3 weeks a see a little more change in my stretchmarks...it's just the discoloration thats looking really crazy. so i'm gonna take that week off

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:06 am      Reply with quote
one more thing. i'm about to roll my right side soon (maybe just my hip, i'm still keeping up with my experiment). should i use rentin a soon after like normal then use every 3 days, or just use retin a right after then vit c in the morning then dont use it for a week until my skin clears? I know it may sound confuseing so let me know if you don't understand lol

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Ella's Mommy wrote:
thats a goood idea Erin, did it clear up completely? and also i must confess, i'm about to shell out a few grand for the saggyness on my belly. I can't take it anymore.it's so depressing. I can't get back to work until i do something about the stretchmarks (which is why i'm rolling) and the loose skin (which is why i'm gonna do thermage).
However after 3 weeks a see a little more change in my stretchmarks...it's just the discoloration thats looking really crazy. so i'm gonna take that week off

EM,

What do you work as? A model?

Inky

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:40 am      Reply with quote
sabatobat wrote:
Is this daily rolling just that scar, bad??

Based on all the knowledge we have about rolling, yes, it is bad. Your skin can not regenerate that quickly, and with continuous rolling, you're just giving it more and more work to do, without giving it time to heal. Using the Baby Q afterward is defeating the entire purpose.

If your scar improves, it will be in spite of your routine, not because of it.

Is anyone reading the articles and the research thread? Or the posts in the latter third of this thread? All new rollers should start around page 75 and read at least 4 to 5 pages out of every ten. For example, read 4 to 5 pages from page 70 to 80, another 4 to 5 from 80 to 90, etc. ETA - it is really best to read it all, if you possibly can, but I understand that there are only so many hours in a day..... at least if you're reading 4 to 5 pages throughout, you should be coming across the necessary information - and part of that is updates from the rolling "pioneers" sharing their BAD experiences with frequent rolling (with longer needles). Please, learn from their mistakes!

If people keep rolling haphazardly, despite what you may be seeing now, within 6 months to a year your skin will be no better off than it is now and quite possibly a lot worse. And, dermarollers will be yanked off the market... I can see that coming Neutral
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |