Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
btw, what did your husband say about us? Or maybe that is something we don't want to know Wink[/quote]

Unfortunately, my hubby is so used to my freakish pastimes (natural breast enhancement last year Embarassed , then burning my face off with TCA, now dermarolling) that he barely bats an eyelid. He probably mumbled "that's nice honey....now how 'bout it".......... Laughing

Sharky, I have worked up to REALLY pushing it in...and I have noticed that I am getting more blood dots than before. Gee I really must be a sicko!!!

I'm going to measure my needles as well......

rebecca

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:25 am      Reply with quote
hey gals

just wanted to check in with my progress
well, i'm afraid the 1st time i used it on the stretch marks on my tummy i ended up with (i think) some kind of dermatitis. it was so itchy, i had to buy some anti-histamine pills and a steroid cream. funnily enough, my face was okay, only reddish for about a day.

i swore i wasn't going to use it on my stretch marks again but lo and behold after about 2 weeks i started gazing longingly at it again and decided to try again (you know, if at first you don't succeed and get contact dermatitis... haha) anyhow, it still itched a bit but no way near as bad as it did before, and subsided quicker too. i'm thinking maybe my skin's getting used to it yay! so girls don't terminate my membership of the RollerGirls club just yet!!!

i haven't used it on my face after the first try, because i'm such a pansy when it came to the pain, but after hearing the tip about the ice, i think i'll give it another go!!
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Cadia wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:
It wouldn't be half as much fun trying these unique beauty tools if it weren't for the great discussions here. The fact that I'm going to have to hide my dermaroller in a special place so that my family doesn't call 911 when they see it, is another reason this thread is so helpful. Nothing beats the support of *RollerGirls* united!

That's so true!! Very Happy

The hiding is something our Dr. have thought about - it comes in a discrete plastic case and look totally harmless Smile

I'm a bit anxious to see what you post during or after trying it Anxious It might not be love at first roll... But then again, that's what we're here for - RollerGirls united Laughing

I love the name of our support group!

Hello Cadia! I'm hoping that the Nova Dermaroller container is as descrete as yours! Now that I've corresponded with the Nova Clinic a half dozen times now (had LOTS of questions), I am far less concerned about the 'ouch factor'. Sure, the first time is probably going to be a bit sore (I am a RollerGirl in training, after all), but if I end up super freaked out by the experience, I can always seek out our lovely support group here!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
Hello Cadia! I'm hoping that the Nova Dermaroller container is as descrete as yours! Now that I've corresponded with the Nova Clinic a half dozen times now (had LOTS of questions), I am far less concerned about the 'ouch factor'. Sure, the first time is probably going to be a bit sore (I am a RollerGirl in training, after all), but if I end up super freaked out by the experience, I can always seek out our lovely support group here!

It probably is - there is no brand information at the container Smile

The sterile sealing on the other hand, is marked so it may be interesting to see what they do about that part...

Did you get good answers? I would hate to see such a promising member disappear due to cruel information Wink
Are you focusing mostly on the body?
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
aboot: I washed my roller with boiling water when I first got it just in case. It stung a little at first (no ice or anything) but now it just sort of tingles. I use ice occasionally now and I think it is a good idea even beyond pain because it seems to firm up the skin. My hands were not bad to start with for my age but they have improved dramatically I can barely see any veins and the few sunspots are almost gone. I'm 52 now and I'll bet someone looking just at my hands would think they went with a 35yo.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sharky - without having to go back over this - what size needles on the roller you use on your hands? Mine are a mess Shock and I could use some help - would be good to be able to use on the face as well.
TIA

Sister roller Laughing
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds great Sharky! How long (and often) have you been rolling your hands?
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
cahoot wrote:
hey gals

just wanted to check in with my progress
well, i'm afraid the 1st time i used it on the stretch marks on my tummy i ended up with (i think) some kind of dermatitis. it was so itchy, i had to buy some anti-histamine pills and a steroid cream. funnily enough, my face was okay, only reddish for about a day.

i swore i wasn't going to use it on my stretch marks again but lo and behold after about 2 weeks i started gazing longingly at it again and decided to try again (you know, if at first you don't succeed and get contact dermatitis... haha) anyhow, it still itched a bit but no way near as bad as it did before, and subsided quicker too. i'm thinking maybe my skin's getting used to it yay! so girls don't terminate my membership of the RollerGirls club just yet!!!

i haven't used it on my face after the first try, because i'm such a pansy when it came to the pain, but after hearing the tip about the ice, i think i'll give it another go!!

That's a real RollerGirl attitude!! Laughing

I'm having this weekend off rolling, and I thought it would be great, but now I almost feel something's missing so I kind of understand your longingly gazes Smile

The ice helps a lot and a few crying breaks are nothing to be ashamed of... (that's what I tell myself) Wink

Cadia
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I consider myself a bit of a veteran roller, but I have to admit that when I watched the video on the Nova Roller site I started to feel really sick! That woman is my hero, and her skin is perfect - why she was getting rollered, I don't know.

Anyway, after watching the video and reading all the pages on the website I got really revved up to do my usual Saturday night torture. However, I thought I'd do it all properly and follow the instructions and use the numbing cream. (I had stopped using numbing cream because I thought my skin was getting used to the rolling). So I put on the cream and the gladwrap, waited about 45mins then started rolling. To my surprise, my skin started to bleed in various patches - I think that I must have been pressing much harder than usual due to the numbing cream. However, afterwards I didn't notice any worse than usual stinging.

This morning my skin looks AMAZING! It looks lifted, firmer, better texture etc. So in future I'm going to use the numbing cream and gladwrap - just can't wait to get my new roller. Out of all the skin gadgets that I have (and I have a few) the skin roller definitely delivers the best results and you just know that those results are going to keep on improving. Keep up the torture roller girls. Very Happy
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered a 1mm roller! I'm a rollergirl now!!! Can't wait to get it! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered a 1mm roller! I'm a rollergirl now!!! Can't wait to get it! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia, next time I will use the ice and will remember to take crying break(s) too if necessary!! Laughing (glad to hear RollerGirls are allowed to show their emotions when the situation calls for it!!)
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:10 am      Reply with quote
cahoot wrote:
Cadia, next time I will use the ice and will remember to take crying break(s) too if necessary!! Laughing (glad to hear RollerGirls are allowed to show their emotions when the situation calls for it!!)

I've actually improved on my ice cube method. I found that if you hold the cube in a couple of facial tissues, leaving one side exposed that you hold on your face, it slows the melting and reduces the drips. When the tissue gets soggy, just add another. For some reason the cube directly on the skin works far better than any other thing I've tried.

Watching the video has definitely made me more "determined" in my rolling though. This morning I was still a little swollen from my Saturday night date with Dr Roller!!! And I am only using the 1mm.

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
My roller is the 1mm one from E-bay. I'd have to say that the needles do look longer. I use the same one on my hands and face. My dh thinks I'm nuts. I will be ordering a new 1mm (or should I try 1.5mm) from the website mentioned here because it looks sturdier.

I've never used a numbing cream maybe I should try that. I've never really gotten swollen (until today when I tried to roll an under eye bit) but did peel initially. I don't know whether slower is better or if deeper penetration gives better collagen stimulation?

I also will likely try rolling my forearms because I'm sitting here and I touched the top of my hand (which is very soft) and free of spots and my forearms which are pretty good but rougher and somewhat sun freckled. I wonder whethr there is a wider body roller?
That would freak dh!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry I forgot to mention that I've been doing this for several months. It took a while to see real change but I'm very happy with the results and this will always stay a part of my routine at least several times a week.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:33 am      Reply with quote
Cadia wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:

It probably is - there is no brand information at the container Smile

The sterile sealing on the other hand, is marked so it may be interesting to see what they do about that part...

Did you get good answers? I would hate to see such a promising member disappear due to cruel information Wink
Are you focusing mostly on the body?

Hi Cadia wave - Oh yes, the customer service at Nova has been very good so far. They've kindly answered a variety of questions regarding the rollers and really eliminated any concerns I had about the pain involved. A good numbing cream and the use of saran wrap on top to lock the cream in before you roll, really seems to be the key to reducing the pain. This is what I intend to do to make each encounter with the roller as pain-free as possible. Have you tried a numbing cream yet, or are you continuing to bravely roll without any analgesic? You're so fearless of the pain that I'm going to start calling you, *Ramba Rollergirl* pretty soon! Wink

My plan is to use my new roller on my face, neck, chest, as well as other areas of my body. I've already created a draft protocol for one area of my body that I want to roll, but won't know for sure how well it will work until I test it out a few times. Boy, I can't wait to roll, roll, roll!!! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:59 am      Reply with quote
anomaly wrote:

Woo hoo, another RollerGirl!!! Congrat's on your purchase!

Don't forget to order some numbing cream so you're set to go the moment your roller arrives! This is where I'm ordering my own (I'm buying the generic version of Amla Cream).
www.canadapharmacy.com/cart/index.cfm?fuseaction=product_detail&producturlname=EMLA.CREAM&productid=4

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:21 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
anomaly wrote:

Don't forget to order some numbing cream so you're set to go the moment your roller arrives! This is where I'm ordering my own (I'm buying the generic version of Amla Cream).
www.canadapharmacy.com/cart/index.cfm?fuseaction=product_detail&producturlname=EMLA.CREAM&productid=4

I really suggest trying it out without the numbing cream, and just using ice...its so easy, and even without, it doesn't really "hurt" more just a stinging/itching sensation. Of course, I am only refering to the 1mm. If I get the 1.5mm, I reckon I'll need the cream.

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:26 am      Reply with quote
Scotslass...I would really like to know what you've got in mind for treating your body areas..I've been rolling my chest, arm (yes only one) and hands nightly with the 1mm, for 4 weeks. On my arm that is badly sundamaged, i am applying a HQ product, to see if it will improve my pigmentation. On my chest I am not using much at all, just rolling, but I may start some Vit C.

Interested in what you are going to try?????

cheers

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Just had to add...that after my DR tonight, I've discovered that my arm (only treating one) is peeling. Like a good medium peel, and there is pink skin underneath!! Yippee. Not sure if it is the DR, the HQ or the glycolic, but something worked!

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:09 am      Reply with quote
Received my new Dr. Roller today. Because I live in Australia, usually, when I order stuff on the web it takes a good week or two to arrive so I was surprised to receive it so quickly. But then I noticed the return address - about 2km down the road from me in Queensland, at somewhere called the Nova Skin Clinic! They must be the Australian distributor - I will go and check them out.

Haven't used the roller yet - I'm due to roll again on Wednesday. But the roller looks very impressive, nice and sturdy with very sharp needles. Comes in a plastic tube and has instructions.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone with rosacea rolled in their non-affected areas? And if so what were the results?
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:48 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
anomaly wrote:

Oops, sorry, I meant *Emla Cream*, not Amla.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi all! After I posted last night I examined my arms again and it is very clear that the roller is helping a lot. My hands and about one inch up my arms (I roll a bit past my wrists) is softer and whiter and there is a sharp line where it changed to my normal, more sun speckled slightly darker skin. It is funny I didn't notice it before. It's great because it gives me a clear picture of before and after. I am going to start to Roller my forearms as it is now it would be noticeable if I were wearing short sleeves.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:17 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:
anomaly wrote:

Don't forget to order some numbing cream so you're set to go the moment your roller arrives! This is where I'm ordering my own (I'm buying the generic version of Amla Cream). www.canadapharmacy.com/cart/index.cfm?fuseaction=product_detail&producturlname=EMLA.CREAM&productid=4

I really suggest trying it out without the numbing cream, and just using ice...its so easy, and even without, it doesn't really "hurt" more just a stinging/itching sensation. Of course, I am only refering to the 1mm. If I get the 1.5mm, I reckon I'll need the cream.

rebecca

Hi Rebecca - I plan to roll around my eyes (not on the eyelids, of course) and nose & mouth, and know from other's I've talked to that it can be quite sensitive treating these areas. If I want to perform a full rolling session (not just a few rolls here and there), I was advised to use a numbing cream first as this will ensure I do not bail on the session prematurely (due to discomfort Wink ).

I'm not certain what my tolerance levels (pain-wise) are yet, but I'm not ruling out the possibility that I could be a total wuss! Laughing For the cost of the generic Emla cream and the peace of mind that comes with it, I think I'll over-prepare just to be on the safe side in the beginning. My hope is that I become completely desensitized to the roller in time, and that I can toss the numbing cream for good
(Pray ).

I'll definitely give icing a try, too, as this may be all I need when I'm using the 1.0 mm size. As for the 1.5 mm, well, I'm fully expecting to need the numbing cream for that big boy! Laughing

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |