Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



DermaRoller

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
superdogg
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Aug 2009
Posts: 112
Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:30 am      Reply with quote
Yes i get bad hyper pigmentation but it will well worth it. My advice is buy sunscreen and buy a safe skinlighter
breezy42
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 169
Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have purchased one of the dermarollers from Sarah Vaughter. She included instructions, a single needle, Vitamin C and a Vitamin A and D ointment to use immediately after dermarolling (I really loved how she gave you everything needed to get started). Well, it just hit me that Vitamin D in the ointment can reduce inflammation, and I thought we are supposed to avoid anything that reduces inflammation for a few days, as it's important for the collagen to form. Has anyone used this cream from her and still had good results? I wonder if I should be waiting to use it for a few days.
breezy42
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 169
Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Here's question number two Smile I rolled lightly under my eyes a few days ago. Not much swelling at first, butI have baggy, puffy eyes now. Did anyone experience this? Could it be delayed swelling from the rolling or is it perhaps a reaction to the A&D ointment I am using?
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 359
Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:
Yes i get bad hyper pigmentation but it will well worth it. My advice is buy sunscreen and buy a safe skinlighter


Really? was it diffuse or was it spotted from where the skin had been rolled? What lightener did you use?
superdogg
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Aug 2009
Posts: 112
Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:11 am      Reply with quote
keeep out of the sun atleast for a month after a roll, use sunscreens, i don't mind the pigmentation cos i also have strtetchmarks and it is bring color back into them

I at the moment only use retin a
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Posts: 1898
Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
breezy42 wrote:
Here's question number two Smile I rolled lightly under my eyes a few days ago. Not much swelling at first, butI have baggy, puffy eyes now. Did anyone experience this? Could it be delayed swelling from the rolling or is it perhaps a reaction to the A&D ointment I am using?


breeezy - the A & D Ointment has a fragrance in it, so it's possible that could be the culprit. It actually is a diaper rash
ointment ment to heal rashes. It contains Petrolatum and Lanolin as well cod liver oil (that has the vitamins A & D in it, hence the name).

You might want to put that one aside for now.

_________________
late 50's, fair skin, combo skin, very few fine lines, vertical lip lines, crows feet & 11's, fighting aging! Using Palancia HF, dermarollers, CPs, Retin A Micro, Safetox, AALS, Clairsonic
breezy42
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 169
Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, foxe! My skin is so sensitive I seem to react to so many things. I do know that I have sensitivity to Vit A also, because I have tried using .025% Retin A micro under my eyes as well as MD Forte's cream that contains A, and it caused some irritation and puffiness. But I though the A & D ointment I got from owndoc would be mild so I tried it. It could be the cod liver oil, too Confused Well, I guess I'll stop that for now. Thanks.
Tonya
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Nov 2009
Posts: 7
Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:54 am      Reply with quote
(Forgive me if this question has already been answered. I haven't had time to read this whole thread yet.)

How often do you replace your dermarollers? I read instructions included with the Leaf & Rusher; they advise replacing every four to six months for infrequent use (three times per week) and every three to four months for more frequent use.

This could end up being a bit expensive. I'm also concerned about the toll on the environment. Do any models use replacement heads or last longer? This would make more sense than tossing the whole thing in the trash.
Kay2008
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 May 2008
Posts: 210
Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:46 am      Reply with quote
Tonya wrote:
(Forgive me if this question has already been answered. I haven't had time to read this whole thread yet.)

How often do you replace your dermarollers? I read instructions included with the Leaf & Rusher; they advise replacing every four to six months for infrequent use (three times per week) and every three to four months for more frequent use.

This could end up being a bit expensive. I'm also concerned about the toll on the environment. Do any models use replacement heads or last longer? This would make more sense than tossing the whole thing in the trash.


I can't answer how often one should change their rollers but... people certainly shouldnt be rolling 3 times a week. (I am not sure if it'S OK to roll upto 3 times a week with a .25mm roller or less? Anything above, has be discussed the damage it could cause.)
bonescones
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Nov 2009
Posts: 1
Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Guys,

I have been using Ziana (clindamycin phosphate 1.2% and tretinoin 0.025%) Gel for about 6 months now. It has worked very well in controlling my facial Acne. I have been about 99% breakout free for some time now.

However I still have some hyper pigmentation and rolling scars left from past cysts from over 9 months ago.

I am very interested in using the derma roller. I have some questions, i'm sure they have been answered before in this thread but I cannot read through all 150 pages. If someone can help me with these quick questions, i'd really appreciate it:

1. What size needles are recommended for my situation (22 years old, hyperpigmentation, rolling scars)

2. do I need to buy any particular topicals to use with the roller?

3. is there any down time? I am a male, so I cannot wear makeup.

4. how often should I roll?

5. How long before I start to see results?

thanks for your help!
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Posts: 557
Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Tonya wrote:
(Forgive me if this question has already been answered. I haven't had time to read this whole thread yet.)

How often do you replace your dermarollers? I read instructions included with the Leaf & Rusher; they advise replacing every four to six months for infrequent use (three times per week) and every three to four months for more frequent use.

This could end up being a bit expensive. I'm also concerned about the toll on the environment. Do any models use replacement heads or last longer? This would make more sense than tossing the whole thing in the trash.


Tonya, I use the original Dermaroller (0.2mm needles vs. L&R's 0.13 unless they have changed the needle length) twice a week for product penetration only. It's fine to use your L&R twice a week; only you know if three times is too much. If your skin loves it, it's fine. You and I are doing the baby rolling, NOT the intense rolling most people on this thread are doing. To my knowledge, product heads as such are not available. HTH ~ JJ
Tonya
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Nov 2009
Posts: 7
Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply, JJ. I started with the Leaf & Rusher because I want to get used to dermarolling. I'll move onto the heavier duty type once I get a handle on this (no pun intended).

Does anyone use a dermaroller and the Baby Quasar? I recently gave in and splurged on a BQ. Both products are supposed to build collagen, and I'm wondering if each one should be used less often if someone does both.

I'll probably use the dermaroller once a week. The BQ, Clarisonic, and my skincare regimen should keep my skin in pretty good shape. I'd like to add facial exercises at some point. I'll fight aging tooth and nail. I'm 32, and I've decided to be more proactive.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Posts: 557
Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Tonya wrote:
Thanks for the reply, JJ. I started with the Leaf & Rusher because I want to get used to dermarolling. I'll move onto the heavier duty type once I get a handle on this (no pun intended).

Does anyone use a dermaroller and the Baby Quasar? I recently gave in and splurged on a BQ. Both products are supposed to build collagen, and I'm wondering if each one should be used less often if someone does both.

I'll probably use the dermaroller once a week. The BQ, Clarisonic, and my skincare regimen should keep my skin in pretty good shape. I'd like to add facial exercises at some point. I'll fight aging tooth and nail. I'm 32, and I've decided to be more proactive.


Tonya, somewhere in this gigantic thread, there are people who have used the Baby Q with their dermarollers and loved the combo; I just don't know where the posts are located.

I do facial exercises (Ageless) and love them. I also use my Clarisonic brush to do drybrushing on my face and neck, two minutes morning and night; this has thickened my skin by at least 400%, and I'm not exaggerating! I highly recommend it, even using the Clarisonic to clean your face with water, etc. You could purchase an additional head for drybrushing. It removes toxins, tones and tightens, as well as the skin thickening aspect.

At 32, it sounds as if you are doing wonderful things for your skin. Keep that up, and you will look 32 (or younger!) for many, many years! Very Happy ~ JJ
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 03 Sep 2009
Posts: 663
Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:50 am      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
Tonya, somewhere in this gigantic thread, there are people who have used the Baby Q with their dermarollers and loved the combo; I just don't know where the posts are located.

I do facial exercises (Ageless) and love them. I also use my Clarisonic brush to do drybrushing on my face and neck, two minutes morning and night; this has thickened my skin by at least 400%, and I'm not exaggerating! I highly recommend it, even using the Clarisonic to clean your face with water, etc. You could purchase an additional head for drybrushing. It removes toxins, tones and tightens, as well as the skin thickening aspect.

Hi Maggie May!! Nice to see you over here!
I've been posting on the 'Dermaroller for Stretchmarks' thread and just thought I'd check in here. But this thread is so huge! Shock
Anyway, I'v had an incredibly fast response to my two dermarolls on my stomach (small patches of smooth skin after 8 weeks - which even I am finding hard to believe...but they're there!) that I'm going to start DR'ing my face. I'm considering doing a light roll 1-2 x a week in conjunction with an AALS so I'd be interested in Tonya's results. However I was stopped in my tracks by your clarisonic brush comment.... Do you think your skin thickening is down to the clarisonic or the dual action of the claris. and Ageless (tugging/pulling)?
Tonya
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Nov 2009
Posts: 7
Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your second reply. This thread is so big; I'm trying to read it. I could try searching within in.

Drybrushing with the Clarisonic sounds great! I hadn't thought about that. I drybrush my body (when I'm not too lazy).

I have my fingers crossed about aging well. I have fantastic genes. When my grandmother passed away at 68 she had very few gray hairs and wrinkles, and she didn't do any maintenance! I envy people like that. Mom is similarly low maintenance and looks great.

I, on the other hand, learned to take care of my skin when I battled cystic acne. People tell me I have great skin. If I do it's because I work at it. I cringe when I hear about people who don't wash off their makeup before going to bed or never wear sunscreen. I could never get away with either. Some people take their skin for granted.
Tonya
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Nov 2009
Posts: 7
Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Safari had a hiccup. My post went through a few times. Pardon the mutiples.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Posts: 557
Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:25 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
jjbeacham wrote:
Tonya, somewhere in this gigantic thread, there are people who have used the Baby Q with their dermarollers and loved the combo; I just don't know where the posts are located.

I do facial exercises (Ageless) and love them. I also use my Clarisonic brush to do drybrushing on my face and neck, two minutes morning and night; this has thickened my skin by at least 400%, and I'm not exaggerating! I highly recommend it, even using the Clarisonic to clean your face with water, etc. You could purchase an additional head for drybrushing. It removes toxins, tones and tightens, as well as the skin thickening aspect.

Hi Maggie May!! Nice to see you over here!
I've been posting on the 'Dermaroller for Stretchmarks' thread and just thought I'd check in here. But this thread is so huge! Shock
Anyway, I'v had an incredibly fast response to my two dermarolls on my stomach (small patches of smooth skin after 8 weeks - which even I am finding hard to believe...but they're there!) that I'm going to start DR'ing my face. I'm considering doing a light roll 1-2 x a week in conjunction with an AALS so I'd be interested in Tonya's results. However I was stopped in my tracks by your clarisonic brush comment.... Do you think your skin thickening is down to the clarisonic or the dual action of the claris. and Ageless (tugging/pulling)?


Hi, Miranda! I think without a doubt that it's due to both the Ageless exercises/massage and the drybrushing. I've been drybrushing since I began Ageless, and I believe they go hand in hand. I am a devoted advocate of both, as you know. I think that any facial exercise program is made more effective with the inclusion of massage and drybrushing. Sorry if I seemed to imply that drybrushing alone was responsible for my skin thickening up - it's both. Since Tonya is not yet doing any facial exercises, the drybrushing alone will be beneficial, IMO.

Wow, wonderful results on your stomach! My hat is off to anyone doing the deep rolling; I have no doubt it's extremely effective. I am filled with admiration for everyone on this gigantic thread. I read the whole thing this past weekend, and it's fascinating. I have been using IS Clinical's Pro-Heal Serum and PolyVitamin Serum rolled into the skin (one each per week) and love the results. Another EDS member has asked Dr. Hernandes his opinion of topical LAA while rolling. It will be very interesting to hear his comments. Either she or I will post them when he replies to her question.

Lovely seeing you here & I'm still mad about the hempseed oil! Thanks again for that! JJ (Mags) Very Happy
Tonya
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Nov 2009
Posts: 7
Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Ignore.
Tonya
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Nov 2009
Posts: 7
Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Hopefully this is the last hiccup.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Posts: 557
Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Tonya wrote:
Thanks for your second reply. This thread is so big; I'm trying to read it. I could try searching within in.

Drybrushing with the Clarisonic sounds great! I hadn't thought about that. I drybrush my body (when I'm not too lazy).

I have my fingers crossed about aging well. I have fantastic genes. When my grandmother passed away at 68 she had very few gray hairs and wrinkles, and she didn't do any maintenance! I envy people like that. Mom is similarly low maintenance and looks great.

I, on the other hand, learned to take care of my skin when I battled cystic acne. People tell me I have great skin. If I do it's because I work at it. I cringe when I hear about people who don't wash off their makeup before going to bed or never wear sunscreen. I could never get away with either. Some people take their skin for granted.


Tonya, I have no idea what page(s) the post(s) were on regarding the Baby Q and dermarolling, but I just read the whole thread last weekend, and there were definitely some people using the Baby Q post-rolling with good results. I may drag my LightStim out of the closet for this! I agree with you re caring for the skin. I believe any time we do something good and beneficial for our body, it repays us a hundred-fold. And yes, it can be work, but it's fun and exciting as well, yes? Very Happy
Kay2008
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 May 2008
Posts: 210
Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Kay2008 wrote:
Tonya wrote:
(Forgive me if this question has already been answered. I haven't had time to read this whole thread yet.)

How often do you replace your dermarollers? I read instructions included with the Leaf & Rusher; they advise replacing every four to six months for infrequent use (three times per week) and every three to four months for more frequent use.

This could end up being a bit expensive. I'm also concerned about the toll on the environment. Do any models use replacement heads or last longer? This would make more sense than tossing the whole thing in the trash.


I can't answer how often one should change their rollers but... people certainly shouldnt be rolling 3 times a week. (I am not sure if it'S OK to roll upto 3 times a week with a .25mm roller or less? Anything above, has be discussed the damage it could cause.)


jjbeacham wrote:
Tonya wrote:
(Forgive me if this question has already been answered. I haven't had time to read this whole thread yet.)

How often do you replace your dermarollers? I read instructions included with the Leaf & Rusher; they advise replacing every four to six months for infrequent use (three times per week) and every three to four months for more frequent use.

This could end up being a bit expensive. I'm also concerned about the toll on the environment. Do any models use replacement heads or last longer? This would make more sense than tossing the whole thing in the trash.


Tonya, I use the original Dermaroller (0.2mm needles vs. L&R's 0.13 unless they have changed the needle length) twice a week for product penetration only. It's fine to use your L&R twice a week; only you know if three times is too much. If your skin loves it, it's fine. You and I are doing the baby rolling, NOT the intense rolling most people on this thread are doing. To my knowledge, product heads as such are not available. HTH ~ JJ


I have never heard of L&F and wouldn’t have known that their needle lengths were 0.13mm… so please excuse my reply, Tonya – I assumed you were talking of a 1mm roller or longer.
breezy42
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 169
Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:18 am      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:

I do facial exercises (Ageless) and love them. I also use my Clarisonic brush to do drybrushing on my face and neck, two minutes morning and night; this has thickened my skin by at least 400%, and I'm not exaggerating! I highly recommend it, even using the Clarisonic to clean your face with water, etc. You could purchase an additional head for drybrushing. It removes toxins, tones and tightens, as well as the skin thickening aspect.JJ


So are you using a clean, dry brush on the Clarisonic and just turning it on? I never would have thought of that. My skin is soooo thin, and I would love to increase the thickness like you have.

You mentioned IS Clinical's Pro-Heal Serum and PolyVitamin Serum. What kind of results have you seen? (oh no, I can't buy more stuff)
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Nov 2009
Posts: 1376
Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Is there a link to a thread about copper peptides and rolling?

I just did my first roll with 1mm needles on Nov. 17 in the morning. I didn't even do it that much or deeply because I couldn't take the pain. I plan to use a benzocaine spray next month. Immediately afterward, I applied Skin Signals CPs from SkinBiology. In the evening, I was afraid to put anything on my skin after washing it because it was red and spotty. I normally use LacSal lactic acid and salicyclic acid at night.

The next morning I washed my face and applied more CPs. In the evening I tried the oil cleansing massage for the first time, washed my face and used the LacSal afterward before bedtime.

Today, more CP in AM. My face is less red but still feels a bit irritated, like a sunburn. I had rolled the backs of my hands and treated them the same way as my face and today I can still see little spots.

For my next roll, I was thinking of just dissolving some Vit C crystals from Trader Joe's in a little water and dabbing on my skin. Should I do that immediately after the roll in the AM or continue using the CP, and dab the Vit C on in the evening? It's my understanding that their healing action is similar so I'm not sure what to do.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 03 Sep 2009
Posts: 663
Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, off-topic so I'll make it quick... A great, cheap alternative to Clarisonic is found on QVC called Tre Sonics. I've been debating it, but just might buy it now. Thanks JJ!
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Posts: 557
Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
breezy42 wrote:
jjbeacham wrote:

I do facial exercises (Ageless) and love them. I also use my Clarisonic brush to do drybrushing on my face and neck, two minutes morning and night; this has thickened my skin by at least 400%, and I'm not exaggerating! I highly recommend it, even using the Clarisonic to clean your face with water, etc. You could purchase an additional head for drybrushing. It removes toxins, tones and tightens, as well as the skin thickening aspect.JJ


So are you using a clean, dry brush on the Clarisonic and just turning it on? I never would have thought of that. My skin is soooo thin, and I would love to increase the thickness like you have.

You mentioned IS Clinical's Pro-Heal Serum and PolyVitamin Serum. What kind of results have you seen? (oh no, I can't buy more stuff)



Breezy, no I use the brush without attaching it to the Clarisonic. The actual machine is not involved. The brush attachment is all I use, holding it in my hand. I go in circles on the face, then up and out (near the lymph glands under the ears) on the neck; then from mid-chin to ears firmly along the jawline. Be sure your skin and the brush are both dry. I drybrush about 2 minutes or less morning and night. I do facial exercises (Ageless) and massage as well, and to me, the three go hand-in-hand. I do feel that I would not have experienced the amount of skin thickening that I have without the dry brushing. My skin was very thin due to chemo, thin like tissue-paper thin. I will never stop drybrushing. I adore it, and it gets the blood flowing in your face.

Re the IS Clinical serums: they are intense vitamin serums yet they are very gentle. I've used these for almost a year now, and the clarity of my skin is tons better, texture is great also. Both serums are antioxidants/wrinkle reducers. PolyVitamin focuses on the B vitamins and also contains A & E; ProHeal contains A, C & E. I use one in the morning and one at night. If this duo can heal irradiated skin, just imagine what it can do for yours. And no, I am not trying to be a bad influence and induce you to spend more money, just keep these in mind when you are finished with what you're currently using. Very Happy

_________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away ~ Author Unknown
System
Automatic Message
Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Peter Thomas Roth Acne Spot and Area Treatment (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Instant Revitalizing Mask (90 ml / 3 floz) Sothys Anti-Ageing Comfort Cream - Grade 2 (50 ml / 1.69 floz)