Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
Thanks ladies. Is peeling a good look Embarassed .
It doesn't itch now but it did when i did it.
Not prepared to use this beast on my face yet though.

Peeling is a beautiful look! Laughing

I think the face reacts a little different. Mine has been peeling a lot, but I guess I've been asking for that soaking it in vitamin C once done rolling. I've decided to do tomorrow's roll without and see how that goes. My chest peels no matter what Rolling Eyes
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
I've started to roll my arms they are peeling a bit (when I start to roll a new area it peels but it doesn't really after). I think it is a good thing. I've been rolling for months now and the areas I roll definately look better than the area I don't In fact I started rolling up my arms because I had a real line between where I rolled and didn't.
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
I've started to roll my arms they are peeling a bit (when I start to roll a new area it peels but it doesn't really after). I think it is a good thing. I've been rolling for months now and the areas I roll definately look better than the area I don't In fact I started rolling up my arms because I had a real line between where I rolled and didn't.

Hi Sharky Smile

Do you only peel once or a couple of times in the new areas?

I've been rolling my chest about 5 times with a week or more in between. It peels, peels and peels Rolling Eyes Maybe I'm still in the beginning phase? Any thoughts? I agree that it feels like a good thing, but it's almost spring and a little less scabby look would be nice.

I love to hear about how your rolled skin differs from the parts you haven't treated. It's very motivating! Very Happy

Cadia
MissCay
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks snowqueen67~
I've placed an order for a 1mm as my starter from the Nova clinic. I may try it w/o numbing cream. Actually I mainly want to use it to treat my pores, hopefully it can help..

snowqueen67 wrote:
MissCay wrote:
Hi~every body~ I'm quite a newbie here~

After reading such long long thread @_@", I also want to try a roll~! But...I still wondering, can anyone roll w/out numbing cream? Does it cause pain?

Yes. What size roller were you thinking of.? I have been successfully rolling using a 1.5mm using ice only as needed. Even without it is not what I would call painful. To me it is an intense itching/stinging sensation.

You can also start slow. You do not have to push too hard to start with, and your skin desensitises as you go.

HTH
rebecca
Confused
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
How long do you roll? Or, how many passes do you make on each area? I can't get the video of the Dr. rolling the woman to play on my PC.

I've been rolling stretch marks on my tummy, thighs, and rear end.. I go up and down, side to side, and then diagonally about three times... I'm wondering if this is enough?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:28 am      Reply with quote
I've just ordered a 1.5mm for myself and am looking forward to trying it. Hope I don't get the peelies!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
anomaly wrote:
How long do you roll? Or, how many passes do you make on each area? I can't get the video of the Dr. rolling the woman to play on my PC.

I've been rolling stretch marks on my tummy, thighs, and rear end.. I go up and down, side to side, and then diagonally about three times... I'm wondering if this is enough?

Hi anomaly Smile

How great to hear that you got the roller and are in full sving Very Happy

I think I would do a few more passes unless it's very painful. From what I've read, the more needle holes, the better result. The video illustrates that you sort of can't roll too much. After watching that a few times, I roll a lot more and more energetically than before. It's a pity you can't watch it as it removed my fear of exaggerating the rolling.

Still, less is better than nothing Smile I am sure you'll see nice results from the rolling you do now too.

Cadia Smile
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I did peel more than once. I peeled more on my arms and chest (where I hadn't really been using products much.

anomaly: although rolling more is better I do not think it is bad to start slow. I found my face became a lot less sensitive as I went on and then I could be more vigarous.
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:54 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Cadia and Sharky... I think I'll start doing a little more the next time I roll. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I got mine in and tried it on myself and hubby last night. He thought it was pure torture!
It wasn't that bad but my face is still a little tender today.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I got mine in and tried it on myself and hubby last night. He thought it was pure torture!
It wasn't that bad but my face is still a little tender today.

Sounds great! I'm always more or less sore the next day.

And it's just wonderful that we've gotten the first male RollerGirls member! Very Happy I think you deserve some real nice ear plugs for that recruitment Wink
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
He just couldn't help himself. When he saw it, the temptation was too great. I told him it would hurt, but he had try it anyway. Laughing
But then he has used the baby Q in the past on an injury.
The things that come in the mail here are very much a curiosity to him now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
He just couldn't help himself. When he saw it, the temptation was too great.

I'm having a difficult time, trying to picture his immediate reaction to the roller Laughing It does seem a tiny bit eccentric, but clearly in a praiseworthy way Very Happy

AnnieR wrote:
I told him it would hurt, but he had try it anyway. Laughing

This I understand completely Laughing I also got a loudly picture of it Wink

Please keep us posted, and the enlistment gift offer still stands if you find the other new RollerGirl member to be too aloud for your ears... Laughing
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:01 am      Reply with quote
He was very honored to be the fisrt male member. He watches in horror as I do it, because to him it was VERY painful ('course he had a sunburn from golf).
He thought you ladies are very kind and brave!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
He was very honored to be the fisrt male member. He watches in horror as I do it, because to him it was VERY painful ('course he had a sunburn from golf).
He thought you ladies are very kind and brave!!

My hubby stands in the doorway of the bathroom sometimes when I am rolling, with this incredulous look on his face. Shock Luckily, even he can see the science in it!

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rebecca wave

Laughing So he watches you roll from a safe distance... Very Happy Can't blame him for being fascinated by the roller though!

Have you decided what to do about rolling and your big night out? It's next weekend, right?

I'm curious to hear what you choose and how it turns out.

Cadia Smile
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia wrote:
Hi Rebecca wave

Laughing So he watches you roll from a safe distance... Very Happy Can't blame him for being fascinated by the roller though!

Have you decided what to do about rolling and your big night out? It's next weekend, right?

I'm curious to hear what you choose and how it turns out.

Cadia Smile

Wow Cadia! you are so nice remembering!

Yes, next weekend...I think I've decided to roll the night before lightly, and wont use any vit c. I amy roll my undereyes and frownies lightly the morning of the "event" to fill them out a little.

How are your results going??? The lines around my mouth are looking fantastic. My mouth was starting to "cave in" all the way around my lips (used to smoke Sad ) and it really looks like it is reversing Very Happy Very Happy

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like a good plan, Rebecca Smile I rolled without vitamin C this weekend, and have no peeling so far Very Happy Quite dry though, but not the peeling lizard skin I normally have on Tuesdays. But you know, I felt I had to roll a lot more to make up for the missing effect of the vitamin C so it was a long and hard round. I even got some small bruising which made me very proud Laughing

I used to smoke too, but I read that the mouth area reacts very good to rolling so it's perfect for us Smile There were the most amazing before and after pictures - I'll see if I can find the link later. And it's great that you're starting to see results already! Really motivating! Very Happy

This time was my first facial session with some numbing stuff (home-mixed version). I used it around the mouth and chin and it helped enough for me to do a thorough roll there. I numbed the lips by accident, so of course they got rolled too... Smile

Well, I'm looking forward to hear how the party preparation goes. You are a brave RollerGirl, that's for sure! Very Happy
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia, did your lips bleed? I'm sure I've read that we're supposed to avoid the lips, but I'm not sure why...in fact I would think the lips would respond well (if I could numb them enough).

What is the numbing cream you are mixing?

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Is anybody using/used the 2mm?

I am thinking that my hands are going to take more than the 1.5mm to improve? I also want to takle some serious pigmentation on my back. This means I'll need my husband to do it. So the fewer times it needs to be done the better. I'm thinking longer needles = less frequency????

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
Cadia, did your lips bleed? I'm sure I've read that we're supposed to avoid the lips, but I'm not sure why...in fact I would think the lips would respond well (if I could numb them enough).

What is the numbing cream you are mixing?

rebecca

No, or maybe a few drops, but very little. I don't seem to bleed much where I've used the numbing stuff. I use a 2.5% Lidocaine solution and a 20% Benzocaine spray. Not the ultimate alternative, but it works Smile The good thing is that you can really feel your lips going numb.

I topped the lip rolling with some Retin-A, and it hasn't done any harm so far. They peel a little though, so I wouldn't recommend it as a party preparation Wink But I hoped mine would peel because they have been looking a bit pale and 'callused' lately.

I used a 2.5mm on my hands, arm and chest Sunday. It was a little difficult to roll compared to the 1.5, but I'm sure it's just a matter of training. It's not bad at all as long as you don't stop and look at the needles. It sure looks scary! Smile

Honestly, I don't think it's getting any more painful than with the 1.5mm, but you need to use a lot more pressure. I was a coward and used numbing mix as it was the first time, but as I understand it, the nerves are only in the outer skin and the long haired one goes far deeper than that. If we were to feel the whole length, the numbing cream wouldn't be of much help either.

How often do you use the 1.5?

From what I've read, everything from once a week to once a month would be good intervals for the long model. About 6 treatments should improve a lot, but it's the same long waiting period to see just how much... Smile

Cadia
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia, Gee I am on here way too much today Embarassed

I use the 1.5mm every second or every third night. I probably wouldn't have used it so much ...but I originally thought it was the 1mm. Still I'm sure the results I am seeing, are b/c I was using it nightly to start with.

Where on earth did you find the 2.5mm? I'm not even sure I could convince hubby to roll my back with that!!! Does it cause much bleeding?

I will look into getting the numbing stuff. Though I wonder if I'll be bothered. I roll my arms and chest with nothing.???

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:32 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
Cadia, Gee I am on here way too much today Embarassed

I use the 1.5mm every second or every third night. I probably wouldn't have used it so much ...but I originally thought it was the 1mm. Still I'm sure the results I am seeing, are b/c I was using it nightly to start with.

Where on earth did you find the 2.5mm? I'm not even sure I could convince hubby to roll my back with that!!! Does it cause much bleeding?

I will look into getting the numbing stuff. Though I wonder if I'll be bothered. I roll my arms and chest with nothing.???

rebecca

I bought all the longer ones when I went through the manual Korean ordering process. Planned ahead for once Very Happy

It didn't bleed much either, but that could be because I used the numbing stuff. Still I see you point - he'll probably have a hard time rolling you with it.

The frequent use seems to have done only good, but it's not for everyone - for obvious reasons Wink I'm so impressed by your strength of will! For me it's a big comfort and motivation to know that there's at least a week until my next sessions...
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
OMG! I'm considering a roller because I have scarring on my chin from 2 dermabrasions (not micro's, the real dermabrasions). Needling sounds just dreadful! I'm using Dermawand, Lips2Kiss,and DPL. I used to think I was looking better but, now I just don't know. I have an appt. with a derm in 3 wks because I'm pretty sure I have a skin cancer on my face. I'll talk to the doc about all kinds of things. I think I'm getting discouraged because of the skin cancer thing. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia wrote:
I've been rolling my chest about 5 times with a week or more in between. It peels, peels and peels Rolling Eyes Maybe I'm still in the beginning phase? Any thoughts? I agree that it feels like a good thing, but it's almost spring and a little less scabby look would be nice.

Hey Cadia wave - I am dying to know why you are rolling your chest, "5 times a week or more in between" - !!??!! Shock I have not found a single article, or study, or product brochure on dermarolling that indicates or supports that there is any advantage to rolling your skin so often in a one week period. In fact, the exact opposite is said and virtually every protocol that I have come across clearly indicates that rolling your skin once a week for 6 weeks is what is necessary to achieve the best results.

Just curious as to why you think "more is better" when every study and/or doctor who specializes in dermarolling treatments has indicated otherwise. Smile

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |