Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
schnauzer1

Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I'm a newbie to dermarolling and have a few questions. I ordered the 0.5 and 1 mm MTS roller and want to start rolling for fine wrinkles. Last night I tested the 0.5 mm on my hands, just to see what type of inflammation response that I would get. It was a little red right after, but this morning it's good. So my questions are. Should I use the 0.5mm all over my face, or should I attempt the 1.0 mm, is the 1.0 mm better? Also, when going over an area, do you go over it 4 times(vertically), lifting the roller after each roll and then do the opposite direction and do you reposition the roller after you lift it off the skin? Not sure where I read the 4 times.

Thanks
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Schnauzer, all the best info I've found is available free at Owndoc in their protocol and on the forum.
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2014 7:20 am      Reply with quote
http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/

Hi, here's a link to the forum mentioned.
klysteele

Mon May 05, 2014 8:04 am      Reply with quote
I dont really know if this is the same as the ones that cost an arm and both legs but..... do an online search for aliexpress.
aliexpress is a web site with all Chinese venders. I bought a derma roller for less than $10. I havent used it yet so I cant tell you how well it works. I have never used a derma roller so I wont even know if it compares to the expensive ones you are all paying. It looks like it though. For the price? Its worth checking out.
The U.S gets all their products from China anyway. Cut out the middle man, who is goudging the hell out of us. Plus its free shipping.
I buy from this site alot. I have had no problems.
(when you go to the aliexpress website just type dermaroller in the search box. All the venders that sell them will be listed with their price) Its a great site. excellent prices ,...... on everything you could imagine.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2014 7:37 am      Reply with quote
I was interested to see that Fawnie had mentioned Dr. Setterfield's on line course. $399.00. Suddenly his book is looking more affordable $65 on Amazon.
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2014 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I've been using a different derma stamp now and I have no problems drawing blood on my face. I do prefer it to the roller as it's much less painful. Also easier to control. Body skin seems too thick for it though.
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2014 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
lagomorph,
what dermastamp are you using?
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2014 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I am having a tattoo removed with skinila next week i have my last session. It left me a pink scar in one ankle, do you think dermarrolling te scar eill help, as the scar is created by needles and the product the put in the skin with the needles.

How long should i have to wait to start dermarollin th scar. Maybe one month?
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2014 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Pablita wrote:
I am having a tattoo removed with skinial, next week i have my last session. It left me a pink scar in one ankle, do you think dermarrolling te scar would help? as the scar is created by needles and the product the put in the skin with the needles.

lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2014 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Lorraineg57 wrote:
lagomorph,
what dermastamp are you using?

It's just one I got off ebay for like, basically nothing, $7. It looks just like all the other generic yellow derma stamps and the shipping was really slow. The needle length is a bit longer,I started with a 1.0 and had trouble getting pinpoint blood spots with it. My skin is on the thick side so ymmv.

Love the derma stamp, it's so much better for me than rolling. I hardly need topical numbing with this, far less painful. I gave the derma roller a trial a long time ago but never liked doing it. This is much easier IMO. Slower maybe but I don't mind doing it which is key.

Did my forehead, under eyes and top of cheek area Friday. Will let you guys know if I get any results.
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2014 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
klysteele wrote:
I dont really know if this is the same as the ones that cost an arm and both legs but..... do an online search for aliexpress.
aliexpress is a web site with all Chinese venders. I bought a derma roller for less than $10. I havent used it yet so I cant tell you how well it works. I have never used a derma roller so I wont even know if it compares to the expensive ones you are all paying. It looks like it though. For the price? Its worth checking out.
The U.S gets all their products from China anyway. Cut out the middle man, who is goudging the hell out of us. Plus its free shipping.
I buy from this site alot. I have had no problems.
(when you go to the aliexpress website just type dermaroller in the search box. All the venders that sell them will be listed with their price) Its a great site. excellent prices ,...... on everything you could imagine.

Thanks for the info. I always thought you had to buy in bulk from that site?
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2014 1:00 am      Reply with quote
Pablita wrote:
I am having a tattoo removed with skinila next week i have my last session. It left me a pink scar in one ankle, do you think dermarrolling te scar eill help, as the scar is created by needles and the product the put in the skin with the needles.

Hmm, not sure about the time element. I have some laparoscopic surgery scars that I've used individual needles on and it definitely worked for those. Not sure what a tatoo removal scar looks like-mine were slightly raised scars.
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2014 8:57 am      Reply with quote
lagomorph wrote:
Pablita wrote:

Hmm, not sure about the time element. I have some laparoscopic surgery scars that I've used individual needles on and it definitely worked for those. Not sure what a tatoo removal scar looks like-mine were slightly raised scars.

I have read single needdles are muxh better for scars but i am afraid to use it, i bought one last year for little scar on my fotehead but have not been able to use it, each time i try i freak out and i am not able to out it on my skin.

My tattoo scar is kind of purple, not raised, same to the touch as normal skin but that ugly purple colour.
As well i am doing the Fe massage, do you think is safe to dermarroll with 0.5mm more than once a week? Or it would be too much for the skin th massage and dermaroll few times a week?
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2014 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Pablita wrote:
lagomorph wrote:
Pablita wrote:

I have read single needdles are muxh better for scars but i am afraid to use it, i bought one last year for little scar on my fotehead but have not been able to use it, each time i try i freak out and i am not able to out it on my skin.

My tattoo scar is kind of purple, not raised, same to the touch as normal skin but that ugly purple colour.
As well i am doing the Fe massage, do you think is safe to dermarroll with 0.5mm more than once a week? Or it would be too much for the skin th massage and dermaroll few times a week?

Hopefully someone else can give you a more informed answer than this but I just know it's not advised to needle/roll fresh scars. I'm not sure how long you need to wait. I know silicone sheeting can be used with fresh/new scars.

My advice is to read up on this before starting. I know the thread here can be overwhelming Smile , but you do want to be safe. (especially with sterilizing the rollers/stamps or needles)

some info on tattoo removal and scars:
http://www.realself.com/question/fear-severly-burned-laser-tattoo-removal
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2014 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link, i am going to find out information about when to start dermarolling my scar, i got it one month ago so i guess i would have to wait a while
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have another question, i have been dermarolling every other day, the instruction that came with my 0,5mm roller was that you can roll everday.
My sister got a 0.5 mm roller today from another manufacturer and the instruction says to roll only every 3 weeks.
So i dont know which instructions are correct hers or mine, or if i am rolling too often.
Who often do you girls roll the 0.5mm?
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
This experienced MD has an interesting page on various treatments for aging skin (laser, microdermabrasion, chem peels and microneedling): http://jamesgreenmd.com/plastic-surgery-articles/skin-care-chemical-peel-microdermabrasion.php

His observation is this: "Even though it's not yet as popular, Collagen induction therapy trumps them all. Also called "Micro-Needling,""
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I went for a derm counsultation a few weeks back to get some advice for sagging and lines around the mouth. For around the mouth, they have me two options - laser and SkinPen. Said both would get similar results. Skinpen would take more treatments and take a bit longer, but was cheaper ($300 each, with a recommendation of 6 treatments). And less down time than the laser. While I've been doing th MyM myself, I've not really seen much of a result. I was thinking of doing one professional treatment to see if if made a difference.

It was very interesting to see how much they were pushing the micro needing over the laser.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting, Shasta. Sorry, what is MyM? If DIY microneedling, can you give us the length and frequency that showed no results for you?
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Needl wrote:
Interesting, Shasta. Sorry, what is MyM? If DIY microneedling, can you give us the length and frequency that showed no results for you?

The MyM is a DermaPen knock-off. It's an electronic dermaroller that pulses in/out and you can dial the length of needles that you want.

I did six months of once monthly rolls with 0.5mm. I waited about 4 months. Then did another 5 treatments at 1.5mm every 6 weeks.

I would follow the treatments with either AnteAge serum or an oil mix with vit C, A and E.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Shasta, that does sound frustrating. Exactly what results were you seeking?
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Needl wrote:
Shasta, that does sound frustrating. Exactly what results were you seeking?

Improvement of wrinkles around the mouth area. I saw some improvement around the eyes, but my bigger concern was around the mouth.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
OK, here's my theory: using a roller or stamp for deep lines or acne scars might be counterproductive. If your skin responds well, the surrounding skin might actually get thicker, with the deep lines not even getting the same needling. I've had good success with perioral lines using the thinnest of sewing needles. HOWEVER, Owndoc's Sarah Vaughn believes sewing needles should not be used, as they are too thick, and she is selling single needles with proper handles, so have a look at those. I only use rollers and stamps for whole areas I want to develop, eg slightly crepey or thinning skin. For specific lines, I use single needles.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Owndoc suggested starting with a .75 mm regular dermaroller for melasma. May I ask which model does anyone recommend and can I use Obagi Clear or Blender right after for the melasma areas?

I've read through many parts of this thread but not so sure if dermarolling helps or hurt melasma.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
shopgirl04

Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have not started rolling bc I am afraid of damaging my face even further. I am using it for some minor depressed scarring. I have done some research on the web & have found conflicting answers. I have read owndoc's instructions & the forum & it wasn't helpful. These are the questions that I would like to know. I would greatly appreciate any answers to these questions Smile

1. How often to roll to allow collagen regeneration
(I have heard 5x a week for the first 3months to 1-2x a week & 1x every 3-4 weeks. I have heard it takes 4-6 weeks to build new collagen & 8-12 weeks on this forum)

2. The numbers of times to roll an area. I have seen the video on owndoc but in the description it says she wasn't doing it the right way ( not slightly tilting it)

3. How often to roll to maintain the results. Like, do you roll more initially & then once you see the results you just have to do it once every 4 weeks?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |