Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Guerlain Issima Midnight Secret. Anyone try it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this? Just read about it in Elle mag. This is what it says on the Sephora site description: "Perk up tired, stressed skin with this soothing night treatment designed especially for "the morning after." Simple smooth it on before you go to bed and wake up with refreshed, hydrated, clearer, and invigorated skin." It's supposed to make you look like you had 8 hours sleep.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've used it before, but only a sample once or twice. It's quite a nice product & one of Guerlain's best sellers I think. The SA said that it increases oxygen & circulation to the skin, & so she applied some on the back of my hand & my skin almost turned a bit more pinkish (ie. increased circulation). As far as I know you are supposed to use it only occasionally in order to see the best results. I was considering getting the full-size even though it's quite expensive but I much prefer the Aqua-serum for my skin. I definitely suggest trying to get a sample first because it may not be so good for mores sensitive skin types, which is what the SA told me.

Here are the MUA reviews if you haven't already read/seen them...

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=15618/Midnight_Secret/Guerlain/Treatments/

Smile
Rebecstar1
5% products discount

Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I really want this.. I have been researching the web.. looking for reviews. Everything I have read has been positive.
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Yes, very expensive. Wish that I could find an alternative!
Rebecstar1
5% products discount

Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Well I broke down and bought it today!
ejthomas
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:51 am      Reply with quote
I wanted this product for years and finally bought it last year. From the hype, I'd been expecting something close to a miracle, but I can't say it had that much of an effect. It's a relatively thin, oily-feeling, rose-scented lotion. Within minutes of application, my skin looks slightly flushed. On waking, skin is hydrated and a little greasy, and doesn't cause eye puffiness for me like some creams worn overnight. It probably helped a little with decreasing morning puffiness generally and the flushed effect was still apparent on waking, although my skin seems to think it's an invitation to go to town with overnight oil production. It didn't have an effect for me that lasted beyond morning cleanse. I'd buy it again if I was regularly: long-distance travelling / not getting enough sleep / drinking heavily. Smile Wish I'd had it back at uni.

I'm 40 years old with normal / combo skin, fighting a legacy of bad genes and a somewhat irresponsible but fun series of poor lifestyle choices through my 20s (ok, maybe it might have stretched a bit longer than that...)
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:57 am      Reply with quote
ejthomas wrote:
I wanted this product for years and finally bought it last year. From the hype, I'd been expecting something close to a miracle, but I can't say it had that much of an effect. It's a relatively thin, oily-feeling, rose-scented lotion. Within minutes of application, my skin looks slightly flushed. On waking, skin is hydrated and a little greasy, and doesn't cause eye puffiness for me like some creams worn overnight. It probably helped a little with decreasing morning puffiness generally and the flushed effect was still apparent on waking, although my skin seems to think it's an invitation to go to town with overnight oil production. It didn't have an effect for me that lasted beyond morning cleanse. I'd buy it again if I was regularly: long-distance travelling / not getting enough sleep / drinking heavily. Smile Wish I'd had it back at uni.

Thanks for the feedback, being a uni student at the moment I still can't really justify spending so much on one product even though I am a big fan of all Guerlain products. Confused
wickawer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Oh Rebecstar1 please let us know what you think of it. I would definately like to know what sort of results you get.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of this for when I flew long haul recently - I liked it so much I bought a bottle duty free!! Laughing This really did for me what it said on the bottle. I even used this around my eyes (its not designed for this) as I was so tired when I got home I just slapped it on and fell into bed; I had no puffyness or irritation but my eye area looked great. I like this product so much its tempting to use it every night except I was told this reduces the effectiveness and besides its WAYYYY to expensive for me to do this! Will always have a bottle of this on stand by for those late nights/early mornings!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone post the ingredients list? I looked for it online and couldn't find it.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
WOW lots of good reviews on this one. I will definately pick this one up. I do Like Guerlin products (I use lots of their perfumes)
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:10 am      Reply with quote
Ibianca, sorry I chucked the box before I came home (less to pack!) and the ingredients aren't on the bottle. Have to say that I do remember it having quite a long list though! I am usually a bit particular about whats in my products (I like as few 'nasties as possible) however this really did perform so in this case I wasn't that bothered so didn't pay a lot of attention to the ingredients!! Embarassed <blush>.

Sure an SA would let you see a box though - everyone I've dealt with at Guerlain (I use the Secret Light Pen, and the hydrating stick too) has been lovely!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:47 am      Reply with quote
Not fab for me. Most Guerlain counters will give you a sample (go to a few different ones and you could have several!) I don't think it's worth the money but I do keep a sample sachet in my purse in case of emergencies!
ejthomas
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
lbianca wrote:
Can anyone post the ingredients list? I looked for it online and couldn't find it.

lbianca, I've checked the bottle but they're not listed on there, sorry.

I'm 40 years old with normal / combo skin, fighting a legacy of bad genes and a somewhat irresponsible but fun series of poor lifestyle choices through my 20s (ok, maybe it might have stretched a bit longer than that...)
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lucia and ej. I'm just curious because everybody seems to say it works so I wonder what's in it that makes it so good Very Happy
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
this line products have many good reviews!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |