Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
If you love bunnies........
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:15 am      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
I couldn't resist posting this one (from the same site)... it made me giggle.

OMG! Doesn't it look like he accidentally jumped in the clothes dryer and it floofed out his hair? (hare?! Laughing ) He seems to be saying "Well, I will never do THAT again! My jury is still out on whether this is a good hair day or a bad one!"
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:31 am      Reply with quote
displaced wrote:
I've been thinking about getting a pet bunny myself- and no, not because it's Easter. Are there any downsides to having a pet bunny other than it eating your plants? I heard you can train them to use a litter box too...is that true?

Displaced-- my husband and I are thrilled beyond words with our little bunny rabs, so to us there are no drawbacks. However, there are a few things you might want to consider before getting a bunny:

Just like with cats and dogs, personalities vary WIDELY with bunnies. Some are VERY aloof and independent (like our little girl Har Mar), and some are very sweet-natured and snuggly (like our little boy Forest). I would definitely recommend adopting a bunny from an animal shelter or rescue group, that way you can let the volunteers know what kind of temperment you are looking for, and they can help you get a good match.

And yes, bunnies can be litterbox trained. Mine are, and they roam the apartment freely just like dogs or cats. However, it's crucial that you get your bunn spayed or neutered (or adopt one who has already been), otherwise you might deal with some hormonal territory "marking".

Bunnies are quiet, intelligent, and clean. They clean themselves fastidiously, so your hands don't smell bad when you pat them.^-^ And dollbird, to answer your question, yes, Forest sticks his cute pink tongue out quite a bit! He also loves to kiss--- if my husband and I will hold still for it, he'll cover our faces in tiny little bunny kisses.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
if my husband and I will hold still for it, he'll cover our faces in tiny little bunny kisses.

Aaaahhhhhh..... I'm melting! I Forest!

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Here are some more daily bunny pics for everyone's enjoyment: Forest getting comfy on the couch!^-^

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Forest is so cute!

I have to agree on the whole rabbits are not all cuddly thing. I had a pet rabbit named Smooches. I bought him at a pet store (this was before I knew better). Well anyway at the pet store I picked him because he gave me kisses on my hand. I thought he was the sweetest rabbit ever. Well he really didn't care for people. I didn't find this out until after I got home. He made this weird nose and I asked the vet about it. It was a growl... yeah Sad I had him for years and he tolerated me and he never bit. There was just no love there. I was told that rabbits that are handled a lot when they are very young by humans are better companions and to get one from a breeder. I personally think it would be hard to find a companion rabbit that is a people rabbit at a shelter but you never know. I would try.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
world~of~mirth wrote:
Forest is so cute!

I have to agree on the whole rabbits are not all cuddly thing. I had a pet rabbit named Smooches. I bought him at a pet store (this was before I knew better). Well anyway at the pet store I picked him because he gave me kisses on my hand. I thought he was the sweetest rabbit ever. Well he really didn't care for people. I didn't find this out until after I got home. He made this weird nose and I asked the vet about it. It was a growl... yeah Sad I had him for years and he tolerated me and he never bit. There was just no love there. I was told that rabbits that are handled a lot when they are very young by humans are better companions and to get one from a breeder. I personally think it would be hard to find a companion rabbit that is a people rabbit at a shelter but you never know. I would try.

Thank you World of Mirth! However, I feel like I have to pipe up and say that I do NOT agree with buying rabbits from breeders. Rabbits are the 3rd most euthanized animal in the US, and considering how many unloved rabbits there are right now I hope anyone adding a rabbit to their family would rescue one from a shelter instead of encouraging breeders to add to the problem. I've done a lot of work before with rabbit rescue organizations, and it's actually quite easy to find affectionate rabbits in shelters, especially if you ask the staff to point you in the right direction. The staff at the shelter where we adopted Forest told us that he loved to be held and cuddled and man, they weren't kidding---- as soon as I wake up every morning, the first thing that Forest does is jump up on the couch and wait for me to sit down so he can climb into my lap for morning snuggles.

Besides Forest, I have another example from my non-volunteering experience: When DH and I were looking for our first bunny, we saw a large beige bunny named Hominy in a petco, looking for a home. Petco doesn't actually sell animals, they just have strays available for adoption, and Hominy was a stray looking for a home. Unfortunately DH and I only had room for a small bunny and Hominy was something of a large bunn so taking him home was not an option, but I still put my hand down in his tank to pat him and reassure him that he would find a good home. When he saw my hand coming in, he stood up to meet it and then rubbed his head against my hand and arm, much like a cat--- he was just so happy to be getting some attention! I often think of Hominy and hope that he found a family that will give him lots of love and affection.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:54 am      Reply with quote
I wasn't really disagreeing with you really about the shelter rabbits. I think it would be worth the look I just didn't personally have any experience with it and I heard otherwise. Both of my dogs are from shelters and I know how hard it is for shelter animals to get homes. I wasn't trying to discourage people from going there.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I've got another daily bunny pic for you guys. The other day I found Forest on the couch "reading" one of my trashy magazines:

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't checked this thread for a while, but Manslayerliz, keep those Forest pics coming! He is seriously the cutest bunny!

My sister and her family have a little bunny named Benny ... totally cute too and very tiny. I love playing with him when I visit. My boyfriend would love a rabbit, but with our three kitties I think it's out of the question. They sure are cute though. Smile
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Bless that bunny! I'll be looking out for her posting on the Celeb Gossip thread in future. Laughing
babybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
How cute are all these little bunnies?!

I'm a dog owner, but nicknamed her bunny, for she is cute in a bunny way! Soft, cute, docile and hops all around!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
These bunnies are just way too cute! Very Happy I so wanna have a bunny now after seeing Liz's Forest! But since we're technically not allowed to have pets in the apartment, my boyfriend and I gotta settle with our hamster instead. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
Liz,

I just LOVED the picture of Forest sleeping w/his little pink tongue sticking out!!! And, he likes fashion too! What a boy! And Har Mar looks like a sweetie too!!! She's just being a girl...wants what she wants when she wants it Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Forest is just the supermodel of bunnies!
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
These bunnies are indeed adorable!

And there's no wonder why Forest and his sister have such a proud mother Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |