Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HELP: Red face does not match neck STILL
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
acnestatin-ruined
5% products discount

Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
So I got samples of Alima and UGlogirl MMU and really love them. Only thing is, when I put a bronzer over the MMU (I use Rimmel "Sun Light" powder most days--tried "Sunkissed" sample from UGlogirl but it barely shows up)my skin looks pinky-red.

I am pale with freckles, sensitive/combo/acne-prone/acne-scarred skin.

I cannot stand being so pale now that spring is here so I have been using my Au Courant self tanner. I use it on my neck and body but not my face because it doesn't work well there and it feels like it is clogging my pores. I already have enough problems on my face.

So now I have a nice brown tone on my neck and a pinkish-red face. Needless to say the contrast is awful.

Is my problem that I cannot find a bronzer that doesn't emphasize my red undertones? Or that the MMU doesn't mute the undertones enough? Or as a Retin-A Micro user (at night) I have no choice but to have even more pink-red than I naturally do? Are there products that could help me and I just aren't aware of them????

*sigh* My wedding is in 3.5 months and I am really bummed about my skin issues. Sorry so long but I just want to feel normal in terms of my skin and have confidence. For years all I have wanted to do is hide my skin from everyone!

As the summer approaches ALL I REALLY WANT is a nice self-tanned body and a face to match! Thanks for any insight whether it be regarding self tanners, makeup, bronzers, anything. Crying or Very sad
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:28 am      Reply with quote
acnestatin-ruined wrote:
So I got samples of Alima and UGlogirl MMU and really love them. Only thing is, when I put a bronzer over the MMU (I use Rimmel "Sun Light" powder most days--tried "Sunkissed" sample from UGlogirl but it barely shows up)my skin looks pinky-red.

I am pale with freckles, sensitive/combo/acne-prone/acne-scarred skin.

I cannot stand being so pale now that spring is here so I have been using my Au Courant self tanner. I use it on my neck and body but not my face because it doesn't work well there and it feels like it is clogging my pores. I already have enough problems on my face.

So now I have a nice brown tone on my neck and a pinkish-red face. Needless to say the contrast is awful.

Is my problem that I cannot find a bronzer that doesn't emphasize my red undertones? Or that the MMU doesn't mute the undertones enough? Or as a Retin-A Micro user (at night) I have no choice but to have even more pink-red than I naturally do? Are there products that could help me and I just aren't aware of them????

*sigh* My wedding is in 3.5 months and I am really bummed about my skin issues. Sorry so long but I just want to feel normal in terms of my skin and have confidence. For years all I have wanted to do is hide my skin from everyone!

As the summer approaches ALL I REALLY WANT is a nice self-tanned body and a face to match! Thanks for any insight whether it be regarding self tanners, makeup, bronzers, anything. Crying or Very sad

Hi sweetheart! Which colors are you using from Alima, if you don't mind my asking? I've noticed that the cool colors have a lot of white in them which can make red skin look a bit pink, while the yellow in the warm and the beige in the neutral seem better at neutralizing red. Also, have you thought about going just one shade, or even half a shade (by mixing) darker with your MMU to see if you don't need less bronzer? HTH!

5% products discount

Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi manslayerliz,

I am using the Alima foundation in "Gardenia." Is that one with too much white you think?

Yes I have considered going to a little bit darker shade instead of a bronzer, but I haven't tried it yet because I am not sure which shade will still look natural.

Any suggestions for shades, etc. would be so appreciated!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:55 am      Reply with quote
acnestatin-ruined wrote:
Hi manslayerliz,

I am using the Alima foundation in "Gardenia." Is that one with too much white you think?

Yes I have considered going to a little bit darker shade instead of a bronzer, but I haven't tried it yet because I am not sure which shade will still look natural.

Any suggestions for shades, etc. would be so appreciated!

Aha! I really think that Gardenia, aka C-1, has too much white in it, so that's why it's making you look a bit pink. I would definitely recommend either mixing it with a warm or a neutral, OR just switching over to a warm or a neutral. Here's what I would do in your situation: right now Alima's foundation samples are on sale for $1.50, so it's a great time for a little trial and error. I would get samples of W-1 and N-0 and N-1 (and maybe ever W-2 and N-2 if you're feeling really adventurous!) and see if you can't get a match from those that tones down the red. N-1 is slightly darker than C-1 and it's much more beige, so it might be perfect for you, but I also think it would help to throw in a little W-1 to tone down redness even more. HTH!

Oh, and btw, when I was first experimenting with Alima, I was using a mix of about 2/3 C-0, and 1/3 W-0. However, my face didn't quite match my neck and also looked a little pink sometimes. I upped the concentration of W-0 (these days I wear a 50/50 mix of the C and W), and got a much better match with less pink.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Acnestatin, I often have the same dilemma. What is working good for me lately, is either a yellow toned powder over the red areas which works very well, however I use little or no blush. My own coloring comes thru. OR I use a yellowish tinted moisturizer. I get even better results. The one I use is the Paula's Select Barely There Sheer Matte Tint spf 20. Hope this helps in your decision about what to do.
acnestatin-ruined
5% products discount

Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the tips.

Manslayer, I am ordering the samples you recommended from Alima right now (all 5!)Any reccs for a bronzer or do you think I should wait on that?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:02 am      Reply with quote
acnestatin-ruined wrote:
Thank you for the tips.

Manslayer, I am ordering the samples you recommended from Alima right now (all 5!)Any reccs for a bronzer or do you think I should wait on that?

Hi again! I forgot, Alima also has a light yellow finishing powder which might also help, so you might want to consider that too. As for bronzer, I would wait until you get a better match with your MMU. You might find you need less bronzer after you adjust your MMU color. Keep us updated!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
Just wondered if it might be worth trying a product like Avene Anti-redness light lotion. (They do a cream for dry skins and the light for oily/combi skins).
I used this when I had a reaction (I am really pale and prone to freckles too) which left me with red cheeks which showed through my MMU. Its soothing and cooling and didn't break me out (I used the light). It also has a pale green tint which doesn't look green on the skin but does knock back the redness and wayyyy more successful than those green makeups which always made me look vaguely ill! Laughing I just smoothed it on let it sink in (I used it under SPF for the anti redness skincare benefits and over the SPF for the colour benefit!LOL!), then applied my MMU over top. Really helped. Might be worth a try?
Its this one:

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1062172&classificationid=1020057&slmRefer=000

Smile

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |