Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased this foundation and I'm blown away. I have seen lots of good reviews on MUA and I second everyone of them. The packaging is fantastic..it has a little slide that can cover the holes so it does not all end up in the cap when you travel. The coverage is fantastic and looks more natural than any mmu i've tried. It glides on covers and does not feel dry at all. I wear Fairly Light BE and NW20 MAC and the real sand is a perfect match. I'm a big laura mercier fan to start with but she has really out done herself with this one. Its worth a trip to the makeup counter to give this a try.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Paula Begoun loved this one the best.

I'll check it out.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Looks interesting.

Will have to drop by local Saks to try it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review....

I'm still playing with it ( I snagged a sample). So far, it wins hands down for ease of application & natural look. This one definitely does NOT pool or look powdery. You really do look like you're not wearing anything, but the coverage is great. Here's the clincher..it does NOT emphasize those pesky pores. On the downside, it's $$$ and there is a limited color selection-if a color matches, you're lucky.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
maybe I should go to counter to have a try!
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:34 am      Reply with quote
marina...i agree. The color selection is not big...I'm so happy I have a match. I think this is the best makeup I've tried for covering marks/pores/blemishes! It even covers better than the silk creme LM foundation which was my HG for years.

I dont think $35 is too expensive for the size of the container. Cant remember what I paid for BE but I think it was close and this stuff blow BE away!
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Olivia and Marina --

I have oily skin...I know that Marina does as well...have either of you had any problems with caking?

I would love to move to a MMU but have never found one that works for me.

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I have combo skin with really dry winter cheeks. I used the LM Oil Free primer with this...it normally keeps my oil in check during the summer. That may work for you.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Marla, I'll have to wear it for a few more days & let you know for sure...but so far, it dosen't make me any oilier. It definitely dosen't pool or look cakey by the end of the day. It dosen't look powdery..so obviously the first day I made the mistake of applying too much.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I will have to look at this one.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Olivia, do you use this only, or do you apply this on top of a liquid foundation? I am currently using a sheer liquid foundation I like, and had never considered using MMU because I thought it would look powdery, but I just saw your before and after pictures on the Too Faced Lash Injection review and was very surprised at how flawless your skin looked. I think we have the same colouring so I an considering trying the Real Sand. Also, does anyone know where I can buy Laura Mercier in Canada? I just checked the website and they don't do internation shipping. Sad
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I'd also like to know if this can be used over a liquid foundation as a powder?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Olivia, do you use this only, or do you apply this on top of a liquid foundation? I am currently using a sheer liquid foundation I like, and had never considered using MMU because I thought it would look powdery, but I just saw your before and after pictures on the Too Faced Lash Injection review and was very surprised at how flawless your skin looked. I think we have the same colouring so I an considering trying the Real Sand. Also, does anyone know where I can buy Laura Mercier in Canada? I just checked the website and they don't do internation shipping. Sad

You can get it from Holt Renfrew
havana8

Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting--it has Pearl Powder in it...

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide. Other Ingredients: Pearl Powder. May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). (as copied from Sephora)
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
lots of the girls that reviewed LM mineral used it over foundation/tinted moisturizer

canada: at holt renfrew
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
reviewed on MUA i mean
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
i was at nordstrom and just got this in real sand. can't wait to try it tomorrow. also bought the primer but i think the SA sold me one that's been used. gross. gonna go return it.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I was yesterday at NM, and somehow got to Laura Mercier counter. Obviously, I bought it.

Today - to my total surprise it looked wonderful as if I was not wearing any makeup. It lasted for the entire day without caking, melting, moving, etc.

May be it is the technique ( I used Scaly's to the t), or may be it is also a very good Mineral Makeup.

Real test will be on Monday, when I go to the office.

Will update later.

BTW, I also used it as eyeshadow, and that started to cake a bit mid day.

HTH,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Interesting--it has Pearl Powder in it...

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide. Other Ingredients: Pearl Powder. May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). (as copied from Sephora)

Thanks for putting the ingredient list up Smile , even though it has the dreaded bismuth in it Confused I'm still interesting in trying it because of the "pearl powder" Razz
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
to anyone who has tried this -- do any of you use the LM TM or secret camouflage? I'm trying to figure out if real sand will be too pale for me. I wear nude in the TM, and Secret camouflage 3. I wore fairly light in BE also so it sounds like I'm close to Olivia's coloring - but looking at the MAC swatches, I think I'd be more along the lines of NC25 or 30 -- but I've never tried it so who knows.

OT but when I was looking at the MAC swatches -- why do they call the yellower foundations cool and the pinker foundations warm? I thought it was the opposite.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
waffle,

If you're under NC35, sand would be the best one. I use real vanilla & it's almost too dark. I'm NC35..LM Sunny Beige & sand TM..If you're anywhere near Olivia's coloring, real sand would be best..reall vanilla would definitely be too dark. It's really hard to tell from swatches on the net for MAC..but NC's are the warm tones (yellow undertones), NW's are the cools. Wierd, I know.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
waffle,

If you're under NC35, sand would be the best one. I use real vanilla & it's almost too dark. I'm NC35..LM Sunny Beige & sand TM..If you're anywhere near Olivia's coloring, real sand would be best..reall vanilla would definitely be too dark. It's really hard to tell from swatches on the net for MAC..but NC's are the warm tones (yellow undertones), NW's are the cools. Wierd, I know.

thanks marina!! exactly the info I needed.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia, I am just looking at this MMU on Sephora's website, and it says that the size of the container is 0.34oz. Is that right? That seems like an awfully small amount for $35. Or am I missing something?

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
Olivia, I am just looking at this MMU on Sephora's website, and it says that the size of the container is 0.34oz. Is that right? That seems like an awfully small amount for $35. Or am I missing something?

rubby, that's a pretty standard size for MMU. ex: amazing cosmetics on EDS is $32 for 0.3 oz. It's pricier than some brands, but LM has never been a bargain line. But, having bought the same LM products again and again, I think their prices fairly reflect the quality.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:

rubby, that's a pretty standard size for MMU. ex: amazing cosmetics on EDS is $32 for 0.3 oz. It's pricier than some brands, but LM has never been a bargain line. But, having bought the same LM products again and again, I think their prices fairly reflect the quality.

Oh, OK Embarassed. I am fairly new to MMU and the brands I looked at are sold in larger packages for the same or lower price. To be honest, I now realize that most often I didn't even look at the size of the package. It's just that two that I actually held in my hands were much larger Shock .
I am very tempted to try LM, especially now that I know where I can buy it withouth ordering on-line Cool . Temptations, temptations Rolling Eyes Wink.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |