Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Frownies Users -- Urgent Help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I have been wearing Frownies for my 11 lines and some horizontal lines on my forehead for about a week now but I am having some trouble applying them. From reading the instructions and calling the company twice, I gather that you are supposed to pull the skin apart gently and then apply the patch. However, when I do this, the extra skin seems to pucker around the outside of the patch and I am afraid of adding new wrinkles.

Should I not move the skin and simply apply the patch over the lines?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have heard awesome things about this product. Thanks in advance. Smile
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I wish I could help, but I don't know the answer. I have heard great things about Frownies, too. I tried them briefly years ago for my nasolabial folds, but the looks I was getting from my DH (he didn't say anything, but he didn't have to!) made me shy about using them. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use Frownies...

If you apply the Frownie over the wrinkle, it will simply make the wrinkle look deeper. You have to smooth out the skin before applying it.

Maybe the Frownie is too large for the area? Try trimming it down to fit the lined area better & see if that helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
kim@ifeelpretty wrote:
I used to use Frownies...

If you apply the Frownie over the wrinkle, it will simply make the wrinkle look deeper. You have to smooth out the skin before applying it.

Maybe the Frownie is too large for the area? Try trimming it down to fit the lined area better & see if that helps.

Kim, may I ask why you stopped using them?

VMP40 - smooth your 11 by 'opening it' and placing the triangle on the smooth patch. Just see how it goes. I've used them and no extra wrinkles appear aroound the frownie!
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Mostly because they were uncomfortable & they removed the color from my sunless tan, LOL! Very Happy

I did find the pre-sized sections to be too large. The triangle that was supposed to go between the eyebrows was WAY too big for me & did cause me to have to stretch my skin a lot to apply it. Trimming it down worked much better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
kim@ifeelpretty wrote:
Mostly because they were uncomfortable & they removed the color from my sunless tan, LOL! Very Happy

Laughing ha.. I was waiting with baited breath for you to tell me you had found the perfect solution, and the issue had simply been solved.
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
LOL! Well, my "1" is very faint now, so it is improved - and the faint lines I had above my upper lip are gone - so I don't really feel I need the frownies anymore anyway. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I know you have beautiful products, kim, that work really effectively. literally the only thing holding me back from ordering from you is my groaning bathroom cabinets. I have so much stuff already, to use up, or at least to try to almost use up!

I'd really rather NOT use frownies or Botox, though I have done both. I am the only woman in my family without a permanently deeply furrowed brow - but it's a constant job to keep it at bay. Wink
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, I will try cutting them down to a smaller size. I figured you had to smooth out the wrinkle but I don't see how if you do that you wouldn't have extra skin around the frownie no matter what size. So frustrating because I have fairly deep 11s.
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
catski, I can empathize with your groaning cabinets - I have over 100 lipglosses & over 200 eyeshadows...
**hangs head in shame**

And even though I recognize the monkey on my back, I'm sure that I will be ordering more glosses & shadows soon...and let's not even get into my shoe & handbag * spam alert *, LOL!! Very Happy

VMP40, you will still have a little skin with the pared-down version, but I bet you'll find that it's not as much. And the frownies aren't as uncomfortable when they're smaller (plus they last longer because you're not using them up as quickly). Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
it's aweful to hear that.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:10 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I'd really rather NOT use frownies or Botox, though I have done both. I am the only woman in my family without a permanently deeply furrowed brow - but it's a constant job to keep it at bay. Wink

How was your experience of Botox Catski? I never thought I'd do it, but really my forehead is one thing that just can't be fixed topically at all and exercises don't help either. My frown has always been awesome. I remember my mother telling me to stop in my teens, but there's no way I can if I want to see.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Molly. Botox worked beautifully for me. It was wondrous, gave me a whole brow lift so that forehead lines melted away, and it lasted about 6 months the first time I had it done. The second time was less impressive. Since my Year of the Botox, my frown is less fearsome, which is really saying something.
I think if I was truly awash with cash I would cave in and have botox done regularly. As it is I baulk at being dependant on an expensive and somehow dubious treatment ad infinitum.
A girlfriend of mine has it done regularly and now she also has round her eyes done and the line in her chin. I know if I was in that chair with a woman looming over me with a needle full of the stuff I would want some put in my neck.
I dont like the idea that I would end up actually looking Botoxed.
The whole insidious psychology of erasing the signs of aging... I want to erase them to a degree and subtly.
And still look human. So I'm glad I'm not awash with dosh, ultimately. At least cosmetically speaking.

Kim Laughing That's so funny about your collection of lipglosses and eye shadows. My first thought was "ooh, I wonder if she has a really nice storage system??!" I guess the monkey's on my back too. I just had a binge of buying mmu blushers. I think I must have been deranged, since the colours I ordered are ALL more or less the SAME! duh! I now have enough to last me for years and years. As if !
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Catski
That's my fear too - ending up looking like an actress from Desperate Housewives.

I'll tell you what has made me think again. There's a news presenter on London news on BBC1 and she's always seemed really kind of sarcastic and grouchy looking and suddenly she seemed neutral and authoritative. I realised it's just her forehead and frown isn't crumpling up any more.

I did on the other hand see one of my sister's friends who's a TV news presenter trying desperately hard to keep her eyes raised - very peculiar Confused

Where did you go? How much did you pay? Did you look like you'd been stung by killer bees? I only ask because I had an ugly experience once with collagen injections. Not worthwhile for me.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:

Where did you go? How much did you pay? Did you look like you'd been stung by killer bees? I only ask because I had an ugly experience once with collagen injections. Not worthwhile for me.

Ha. No I didnt look any different at all, in any bad way. Only very unvexed, suddenly.

It's a place in SW1. I can pm you the address if you are interested. I would definitely reccommend her. She has a light touch and looks normal, herself.

She tried, in an unpressurising way, to sell me a lip filler job, and having vitamins pricked into my skin. I went to her for a peel, which cost £400 and gave me good skin for about a year.
I loathe people trying to sell me things. Having to drum up the againstmynature ability to say "no" whilst being scrutinised and feeling vulnerable of face and wallet was all a bit de trop pour moi.
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:27 am      Reply with quote
ok, I tried cutting the frownies into smaller pieces and put one piece over each 11 line. I woke up with a third line in the middle.

I am so frustrated because I am only 40 with basically wrinkle free skin so I don't understand how anyone with more wrinkles could actually use this and not have the extra skin problem.

I feel like I must be doing something wrong. I really need something to help prevent these 11s from getting worse. (I just turned 40 last week and I think I am a bit on edge about aging!)
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Maybe you're not holding the skin tight until the frownie dries?

If you release the skin before the frownie is dry, the skin will just go back to it's normal state under the frownie - and then you get a deeper wrinkle because it 'glued' it in place.

It's very aggravating to have to hold it in place until it dries, I know. But I tried mine again the last couple of nights (the triangle cut in half between my eyebrows) - and it has completely smoothed out the faint line that was there. Granted, it was very faint to start, but with the frownie, it's completely gone. But I had to hold it in place until it was dry.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Kim thanks. But when you smooth out the wrinkle under the frownie and then let it dry, when you release what happens to the skin that you pushed apart to flatten the wrinkle? Basically I get a bit of skin bunching up around the outside of the patch and the wrinkle is flat underneath.
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Well, nothing happens really. There's not a bunch of skin...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Try rounding the sharp points of the triangles off with a pair of scissors (only a little bit). Stretch the skin only enough to smooth the wrinkles and apply the patch. After the adhesive has set, it may take a minute or two for the skin around the patch to snap back to it's original shape around the patch.
HTH Smile
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
kim@ifeelpretty wrote:
Well, nothing happens really. There's not a bunch of skin...

This is my experience also!
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everybody for your suggestions. I think I was just pulling the skin apart too much. I have used the Frownies the past 2 nights with no problems. I hope they work -- I am going to be diligent for 30 days and see what happens.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
They work.

Well done for persevering. It's suprisingly common I think for people to say a product 'doesnt work', when actually, they are using it wrong!
mermaid7000
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Frownies for over a year now for my forehead lines, and I'll tell you - NOTHING has worked as good as these! I just place them directly on the wrinkle. I use to have such deep forehead lines and now you can barely see anything there. I wear them every nite though because I tend to have strong forehead muscles that want to contract all the time.
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I am so glad that I didn't give up on these. I can already see a difference in my 11s. These are great!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |