Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MAKE-UP QUESTION FOR OILY GIRLS - ADVICE NEEDED
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Well, after several months and numerous testers I thought I'd found my HG MMU with Alima. But I don't think I have. It's just not working for me. I blot my skin after moisturising, apply jurlique rose silk dust, then the foundation etc etc but it really doesn't seem to look right. I'm struggling with a colour match and staying power, after a couple of hours I look like I've got no make up on. Now, I don't necessarily want to look as if I'm wearing makeup but I don't want to look bare faced either. I was walking past my local chemist yesterday and noticed they had an ad in the window for Vichy Imperfection Correction Foundation. I've been and bought one and will do a full review after I've used it for a couple of weeks, but so far so good. I'll post all the info about it when I do a review but what I'm trying to ask is if I wear 'normal' foundation can mmu be used over the top as a powder or will that be too much? Should I just set it with rose silk dust? Any advice or suggestions? I didn't want to give up on mmu but might have to for now. There was a previous post about giving up on mmu but I can't seem to find it. TIA.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I would generally set a liquid/cream foundation with a loose powder like Jurlique's (which I love, by the way) since mineral makeup might look too cakey. But really, it depends on your skin. Maybe you can try it with the Silk Dust one day and with the MMU the next?

I tried Alima too and didn't like it for the same reasons you didn't--it looked fine the first hour or so, but as it began to oxidize from the oils on my face, it got patchy and weird-looking. It was obvious I was wearing makeup and it did nothing to control the shininess. I switched to Everyday Minerals and liked it SO much better (Semi-matte for warm weather and Original Glo for the winter).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Rachael wrote:
Well, after several months and numerous testers I thought I'd found my HG MMU with Alima. But I don't think I have. It's just not working for me. I blot my skin after moisturising, apply jurlique rose silk dust, then the foundation etc etc but it really doesn't seem to look right. I'm struggling with a colour match and staying power, after a couple of hours I look like I've got no make up on. Now, I don't necessarily want to look as if I'm wearing makeup but I don't want to look bare faced either. I was walking past my local chemist yesterday and noticed they had an ad in the window for Vichy Imperfection Correction Foundation. I've been and bought one and will do a full review after I've used it for a couple of weeks, but so far so good. I'll post all the info about it when I do a review but what I'm trying to ask is if I wear 'normal' foundation can mmu be used over the top as a powder or will that be too much? Should I just set it with rose silk dust? Any advice or suggestions? I didn't want to give up on mmu but might have to for now. There was a previous post about giving up on mmu but I can't seem to find it. TIA.

What moisturizer are you using? Are you using any other products on your face?

If you still want to use your MMU over your foundation I say go for it. Just use a light hand and do a light dusting and see how it works out for you. I would keep using your silk dust though.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I use Alima makeup and also have an oily face, I noticed that my face seemed oilier since switching to Alima. A couple of weeks ago, I ordered Marys pearl products (the paste, pearl powder and the hydrating mist). Since using Marys products, my face isn't so oily. I don't know why...but it isn't. Maybe Mary can answer this??? I've posted the link to her site if you interested in her products.
http://www.silkenpearl.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I'm oily and gave up on MMU, since I couldn't find a good match, and hated the application technique.

I have been wearing estee lauder double wear foundation and this stuff lasts! I can go the whole day with one touch up after 4 hours (slight powdering) and my skin looks great.

I have tried using everday minerals loose mineral foundation on top to set it cuz I got a few samples from them- and it looks fine- not too much at all.

If MMU over top of a liquid foundation works for you then go for it.

PS I tried the Vichy foundation and didn't like it too much- plus there isn't much of a color range to choose from.
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily skin and I have tried many MMU. The best one that has worked for me is Lumiere V V. It is wonderful! I've been using the Lumiere silk powder all over under my MMU and Jurlique silk powder on my T zone. I love MMU because my skin is clear and looks great! (well, I think so! Very Happy )
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
If you've found another foundation that works for you I wouldn't encourage you to use MMU over it, since MMU isn't really known for oil-control. A good finishing dust would be preferable for your skintype. The Vichy foundation sounds like it gives a heavy coverage, and layering another pigmented MMU on top would be a bit too much.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yeah, that reminds me. Since I started using Carekate's pearl silk dust as a primer and finisher I have found that my oiliness has diminished and stays under control more than just using Jurlique silk dust.

Chrissie- pearl powder is self adjusting and helps control oiliness so that's probably why you have found it to help your skin so much.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |