Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Needing 100% natural/organic liquid or cream foundation,
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
luvsgracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I'm looking for OIL-FREE completely natural liquid or cream foundation that stays put, medium-full coverage, but that can work for dry skin, too.

I need it to be where every single ingredient is natural and preferably organic, no parabens, no synthetics at all.

I've tried Real Purity but it has oil and breaks me out, and is kinda sheer.

Thanks.
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Dr. Hauschka do have foundations. I've never tried it, only quickly had a look at the health food store. Looks nice, but to dark for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:23 am      Reply with quote
The Dr Hauschka foundation is great. I've been using pretty much the whole cosmetic line for going on 5 years now and absolutely love it. You can read my review on Dr Hauscka makeup in the review section. I highly recommend the line.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, I'll check the ingredients in Dr. Hauschka foundation, but I'm thinking it has oils in it. Any oils break me out for sure, no matter which oil it is. Even lavender, even tea tree oil breaks me out even tho it's supposed to be for acne Sad
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have only ever used Dr Hauschka foundations & also Miessence too, I prefer the texture, coverage & overall quality of Dr H but unfortunately the shades were all too dark for me. But maybe give Miessence a try which at least has 2 fair/light shades available, here is the ingredients list...

Ingredients: Organic aloe vera (aloe barbadensis) leaf juice, purified water (aqua), organic jojoba (simmondsia chinensis) seed oil, zinc oxide, organic corn starch (zea mays), organic safflower (carthamus tinctorius) seed oil, organic shea (butyrospermum parkii) fruit butter, organic sugar-cane ethanol, non-gmo lecithin, d-panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), organic lavender (lavandula angustifolia) essential oil, natural gum (sclerotium rolfsii), honeysuckle (lonicera japonica) extract, organic olive (olea europaea) juice extract, olive (olea europaea) leaf extract. May contain: +/- iron oxides.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
you can try some organic brands in wholefoods store( in usa), there are many organic brands, including Dr.H
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
maybe it would be easiest for you to blend your own, by getting a good quality mineral makeup and mixing it with your favorite oil free all natural moisturizer? then you could control the coverage.
it will definitely be really tough to find an oil free all natural liquid foundation, since most all natural lines really believe in essential oils and jojoba, things like that. Plus it is hard to suspend pigments in a water based formula without any kind of unnatural ingredients.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Try Lavera. They have natural products for face and body. You can find a variety of foundations.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone - I'll look into Lavera and Miessence.

I thought that maybe someone would know a foundation that had glycerine for a humectant instead of any oils, so please keep recs. coming if anyone knows of any others.
wickawer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
try looking up living nature. They are a natural brand which uses organic ingrediants and are made in new zealand. They have recently launched a cosmetics range which is still natural. I own some of their products and they are very good.
luvsgracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for reminding me about "Living Nature" - I had some samples of their Manuka Honey gels/serums, they are very good, but even they broke me out - they have some oils in it. but I'll still check out their cosmetics. I didn't know they had started selling cosmetics, thanks for the information Smile
jjirak
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I like Dr. Hauschka's translucent cover-up.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:09 am      Reply with quote
Hauschka has foundation with a nice consistency, but only 3 shades. I've been using Lavera which has a closer match to my skin tone.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
My opinion on Lavera is that it does not look natural on the skin, it leaves a bit of a chalky residue. I mentioned in the Whole Foods I go to and the SA told me it could be because it contains talc. I am no expert on natural makeup because I have simply never found one that performs anywhere near as well as a normal brand. Dr Hauschka's foundation is too thick for me and again really looks like a mask of makeup. Origins and Aveda are not completely natural, but perform well and could be a possible compromise between natural and quality.
beautydream
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
It looks like it's very difficult to balance the performance and safety when we search for a good foundation. Wink
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |