Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Cream Tan
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
are those skin moustrisers bad for your skin?i have been using each day and it looks great but is it bad for your skin?..btw, i use loreal's sublime thing that came out...
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
also, is there any other products that are better then this?what do you guys use?
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
is there no one that could help me with this?the only thing i asked if it was bad your your skin and what kind you guys use?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Not sure... maybe you can check out Tangal's site about tanning! Lots of info!

www.sunless.com

HTH! Smile
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
Not sure... maybe you can check out Tangal's site about tanning! Lots of info!

www.sunless.com

HTH! Smile

it's not bad for your skin. It's just a moisturizer with a little self tanner in it. I've used jergens, it's pretty good. It's just the same thing as self tanning, only more gradual.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I like the Aveeno Continuous Radiance. The biggest thing with sunless tanners is non-repulsive smell and natural looking color. The Aveeno Continuous Radiance is the best I've used yet.
http://www.aveeno.com/productListAction.do?pid=11002
They've just come out with one with a continuous dial now (don't think I need that though).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Loreal Submlime is my favorite so far.
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
thank you guys for the info guys!...i was just wondering cuz my skin is important for me and i dont want to bake underneath the sun an look like i'm 40 when i'm only 27 or something..most of my friends tan like crazy and ask me to go taning with them and i say """""NO""""" to that..i mean this cream stuff, you putt it on and it makes you looked nice and tanned, but when your underneeth the sun you sweat so much and its so bad for you skin...in the next 10 years they will be so upset when they start to see whats happening....and not only that, they could get skin cancer so easly

do you guys know how it makes your skin darker?i just dont understand the chemistry to it...
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
also, do you guys use it everyday, or do you guys use it alot and give breaks sometimes?
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the Clarins self tanner before.I used it about every three days.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossbaby wrote:
also, do you guys use it everyday, or do you guys use it alot and give breaks sometimes?

I use it every 2 or three days, but not consistently...it's kind of a hassle to wait for it to set and it smells, it doesn't fade that fast where I need to use it everyday though. I love L'Oreal Sublime Bronze too.
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
so are all you guys sure that its not bad for your skin and dones do anything to the pigments or anything like that?
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossbaby wrote:
so are all you guys sure that its not bad for your skin and dones do anything to the pigments or anything like that?

I don't think everyone will ever agree it's not bad for you; my mom thinks it's better to go out in the sun than put chemicals on your skin. I can't believe she thinks this, but she is old school and prolly used to pile on the baby oil and fry herself.

I found this on howstuffworks.com:

If you've read our article How Sun Tans and Sunburns Work, you know that skin is made up of two main layers: the epidermis on the outside and the dermis on the inside. Whether you are talking about sun tanning or self-tanning, the epidermis is where the action occurs. The epidermis is also made up of layers. The deepest layer of the epidermis, called the stratum basale (basal layer), is affected during sun tanning. The stratum corneum (horny layer) is the outermost layer of the epidermis -- it is this layer that is affected by most sunless-tanning products.

According to the American Academy of Dermatology, the most effective products available are sunless- or self-tanning lotions that contain dihydroxyacetone (DHA) as the active ingredient. DHA is a colorless sugar that interacts with the dead cells located in the stratum corneum of the epidermis. As the sugar interacts with the dead skin cells, a color change occurs. This change usually lasts about five to seven days from the initial application.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/question639.htm
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |